Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,904 comments
Another week, another edition of Late 90's Sportscar What-if ™. This week, we take a look at what Penske backed Mercedes CLR's would've looked like. With a challenging car for their 1999 CART season, Penske decides to scale back to a single car full season entry in the open wheel world, and then leverages their Mercedes links to enter a pair of CLR's in the ALMS. Inspiration comes from the classic Marlboro livery, as well as a more contemporary inspiration from their WEC LMP2 entry.

PenskeCLR_001.jpg

PenskeCLR_002.jpg

PenskeCLR_003.jpg

PenskeCLR_004.jpg

I feel the same.
I always change seat position so that my real steering wheel covers the virtual one.
In this case it's nearly impossible to see enough of the road:

View attachment 1306068

Same place with my seat higher, but then the wheel rim is too low and the top covers the rev leds and gear indicator.
Upside: th road/corner/apex can be seen...:D

View attachment 1306069
Luckily im not the only one noticing this.
i always turn the wheel 90 degrees and make sure my reallife wheen and hands are at the same height as the virtual wheel and hands. But this way I’m sitting way too low in the Aston.

You also sit very way back.

Is that app a separate thing outside of CM?

Do you adjust the seat position while your sitting in the pits going out for practice?
That’s just the default Assetto Corsa view app. I always use it in every new car to adjust the position.
Also, when you have this app open and press F7 (free cam) you can move the camera so you see the driver model. Then you will see a Blue and Orange crosshair. The Blue crosshair is the default viewing position the developer of the mod intended. The orange crosshair is your own custom view.
That way you can see how far off your custom is view is compared to default and driver model.

"

I have at least 48 other cars where this is the case ... would be cool if Ilya could introduce a feature in CSP where we could raise or lower the virtual steering wheel in game! ;)
100% agree. Also being able to hide the seat, in other words the extensions on modern GT race seats that acts as buffers for a helmets side movement. I find they sometimes obscure my side window and opposite side mirror view when moving the seat back far enough to look realistic with triple screens.
And to be able to hide the drivers helmet / face / goggles / ears / suit collar, without hiding his arms/hands.

I'm racing on ASR Formula Interlagos track (folder asr_owc_1992_round_03) but I have AI problems with one entire line of the grid not moving when race starts. They all simply retire.

Anyone know what could cause this?

Another F1 championship soon finished. 2007. Driving as Raikkonen/Ferrari and just one point gap to Fernando Alonso when there's only China and Interlagos left.

I tweaked the champs files for a month by trial and error to achieve realistic results. I have Alonso ai skill at 95 and Hamilton at 96. Screenshot has them at 93 but I set them to 95-96 to increase the challenge. Lower tier drivers have low aggression on purpose because I've found out that it makes qualifying much easier when they're not pushing you off the track constantly. I also limited the grid to 19 cars because 22 is too excessive and it creates very, very difficult QF sessions, especially on tracks like Monaco and Hungaroring.

All tracks in correct order as they were in the real 2007 season.

"track": "albert-park_acu",
"track": "sepang",
"track": "bahrain_2020",
"track": "ks_barcelona",
"track": "monaco_gp21-layout_gp_2022",
"track": "gilles-villeneuve",
"track": "indianapolis2001",
"track": "magnycours21",
"track": "ks_silverstone",
"track": "ks_nurburgring",
"track": "acu_hungaroring",
"track": "acu_istanbul-park",
"track": "monza",
"track": "spa1988",
"track": "fuji_speedway_mts",
"track": "china-gp",
"track": "interlagos",

Very, very challenging to get poles and wins but it's possible on every track. Only Monaco is rather slow (as usual). Ai can only achieve about 1:22-1:23 with these general settings. But if you increase the ai to 100 it becomes insanely fast on other tracks. I have used the 2022 layout because on 2002 track ai cars didn't leave the pits with the cars I used. Same with Fuji. Every single track has been tested separately. All work perfectly. If someone wants to try these settings here you go.

I have no idea what I can share here. I shared some hard to find tracks at Racedepartment and it was forbidden but sharing these settings should cause no problem.

Don't do ANY changes to CM ballast/restrictor settings. That way the ai skill level will be consistent all through the season. I've found out that if you set the ai skill on the champs file and make any simultaneous ballast/restrictor changes it will screw things up after the 1st race.

UD1XSWt.jpg

I have done excessive playtesting for months and I have fully working and rather realistic champs settings for F1 seasons:

Let me know if you want them.

I don't know if I can share the 2007 F1 car and skins. Let me know if it's possible. It's all in one download that I found elsewhere. I'm not really familiar with the politics part of these mods. I just play and enjoy.

Last edited:
I feel the same.
I always change seat position so that my real steering wheel covers the virtual one.
In this case it's nearly impossible to see enough of the road:

View attachment 1306068

Same place with my seat higher, but then the wheel rim is too low and the top covers the rev leds and gear indicator.
Upside: th road/corner/apex can be seen...:D

View attachment 1306069
You can rise the heigth, shift backword the seat position and then lower the pitch using the first-person camera app.
Repeat from the beginning untill you reach the sweet spot

Last edited:
You can rise the heigth, shift backword the seat position and then lower the pitch using the first-person camera app.
Repeat from the beginning untill you reach the sweet spot
Pitch I leave at 0 normally. Otherwise it looks like you are going uphill or downhill. ;)

... you will see a Blue and Orange crosshair. The Blue crosshair is the default viewing position the developer of the mod intended. The orange crosshair is your own custom view...
Knowing what you are saying has been an epiphany for me. I had no damn idea what the little colored crosses meant exactly, although I assumed they indicated some position of the head, but you having revealed it has been a game changer for me... THANK YOU VERY MUCH! 😍

Before, I would set my position in first person trying to make the position of my head coincide with that of the mod's driver and for the steering wheel to also coincide with the steering wheel on the screen... In some cases I had to make compromises to be able to have the rear view mirrors on the screen ( I use three 32-inch monitors) and while some mods more or less seemed to have a realistic view, others didn't look so good.

Today I started to reconfigure the first person view position of some cars, first adjusting (something I did before) the pitch and centering the virtual steering wheel in the center of the screen (while holding down the "alt gr" key, which draws a vertical line in the center of the screen) and then matching the crosses using the F5 point of view... and the change, in my humble opinion, is incredible: although the virtual steering wheel now seems gigantic and sometimes does not coincide in height with the real one (this doesn't matter too much to me, with the option to hide the steering wheel), the field of vision is now much more realistic... and so far I have only adjusted it in a few different types of mods: a Peugeot 308 TCR, a Formula Hybrid 2023, the fun Formula 1600 Van Diemen and the even more fun VW "Littlebird" from Masscot... Of course, this formula is not always foolproof; some mods are not of sufficient quality to make everything so easy to configure...

The only downside to this discovery is that with nearly 1200 cars (and counting) on my hard drive, I have even more work ahead of me... 😭

Last edited:
I have some mods installed that starts driving automatically when I put them into first gear. They are sliding over the track. Can't control them. How is this possible? Is that because they aren't compatible with the latest CSP then?

For instance the Porsche 718 Cayman GT4 RS from Ceky Performance.

/edit: Solved it. Disabling Use of extended physics did the job

Last edited:
Anyone else experiencing weird light flickering on the car model when using shin956's (excellent) 1992 track pack ?

I've noticed it awhile ago but it's only really bugging me now. Tested with my mod cars, ASR's, RSS', doesn't matter - it's as if someone was flicking a switch over the 3D model.

Odd.

"

I have at least 48 other cars where this is the case ... would be cool if Ilya could introduce a feature in CSP where we could raise or lower the virtual steering wheel in game! ;)
This is my biggest wish in AC. so many cars have their steering wheels set too low.

Can sameone explain please to me, why with the sol 2.2.9, cps 0.2.1 preview 2 and the lastest version of cm, if i active the ai driver (automatic driver - ctrl+c), the max speed of all cars is only 80km? is possible fix it?

Mazda Mazdaspeed 3 2009 Public Release !!!!
Download:
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics By VRDRIVING
-CSP Settings
-Driver Animation by Mascot
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@Mascot,and others

View attachment 1306057View attachment 1306058View attachment 1306059View attachment 1306060View attachment 1306061
Thx Peter and all who worked on this beautiful Mazda!

I have just 1 big quarrel with it :
there seems to be an issue on the inside (stitches) of the steering wheel, giving a weird unrealistic reflection
(possibly only in VR)

EDIT: and also the AI is very slow off the line... (usually good as I am not a very fast driver, but here it's really like they are pushin only 50% of throttle, and when I increase opponent strenght to >95 , and bump up aggression to +70%, now they don't launch at all at lights out !?)

1700917987174.png

If anyone wants this MNP chameleon skin, you can download it here

Last edited:
Hello everyone, I have a question: in the data folder are the files like ctrl_XXX.ini (themselves opening a .lut file) automatically opened when the car is loaded? This would be very useful for managing the brake pedal for example, because on some cars it is a disaster that is difficult to correct in the brakes.ini file.
have a nice day, Mike

Another F1 championship soon finished. 2007. Driving as Raikkonen/Ferrari and just one point gap to Fernando Alonso when there's only China and Interlagos left.

I tweaked the champs files for a month by trial and error to achieve realistic results. I have Alonso ai skill at 95 and Hamilton at 96. Screenshot has them at 93 but I set them to 95-96 to increase the challenge. Lower tier drivers have low aggression on purpose because I've found out that it makes qualifying much easier when they're not pushing you off the track constantly. I also limited the grid to 19 cars because 22 is too excessive and it creates very, very difficult QF sessions, especially on tracks like Monaco and Hungaroring.

Very, very challenging to get poles and wins but it's possible on every track. Only Monaco is rather slow (as usual). Ai can only achieve about 1:22-1:23 with these general settings. But if you increase the ai to 100 it becomes insanely fast on other tracks. I have used the 2022 layout because on 2002 track ai cars didn't leave the pits with the cars I used. Same with Fuji. Every single track has been tested separately. All work perfectly. If someone wants to try these settings here you go.

I have no idea what I can share here. I shared some hard to find tracks at Racedepartment and it was forbidden but sharing these settings should cause no problem.

Don't do ANY changes to CM ballast/restrictor settings. That way the ai skill level will be consistent all through the season. I've found out that if you set the ai skill on the champs file and make any simultaneous ballast/restrictor changes it will screw things up after the 1st race.

UD1XSWt.jpg

I have done excessive playtesting for months and I have fully working and rather realistic champs settings for F1 seasons:

I don't know if I can share the 2007 F1 car and skins. Let me know if it's possible. It's all in one download that I found elsewhere. I'm not really familiar with the politics part of these mods. I just play and enjoy.
Is it possible to have the files of the championships you reported?

UD1XSWt.jpg

Can you share the 1998 championship?

Ferrari F40 LM Kit v.1.5
Includes :
New tyre model, sound, engine F40 S3 Kunos.
New racing suspensions + setup
Extension for extra shaders, turn signal, light
New Shaders complete.
Skins
Lods B - C - D
Downloads:
View attachment 1303893
MSC Toyota Supra MKIV hillclimb available now
Includes :
New physics.
New racing suspensions + setup
Extension for extra shaders, turn signal, light
3D base Kunos + 3D ereo part + diffuser + rollbar + racing seat.
Skins
Lods B - C - D
Download: https://www.patreon.com/posts/toyota-supra-93514611
preview.jpg

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back