Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,710 comments
this seems to be a common occurrence with these Gr.3 ports. Some are not as bad as these.

__custom_showroom_1701003130.png
__custom_showroom_1701003117.png
__custom_showroom_1701003164.png
__custom_showroom_1701003070.png
__custom_showroom_1701003322.png

this seems to be a common occurrence with these Gr.3 ports. Some are not as bad as these.

View attachment 1306430View attachment 1306431View attachment 1306429View attachment 1306432View attachment 1306428
That's because GT SPORT/7 uses tessellation ingame for optimization purposes, when ripping a model, it's in that state since PD presumably modeled those cars without smoothing them first, then using that system on the PlayStation to dynamically smooth the models in game based on LOD (that's my assumption tho)

Hello !

I searched some good camera(s) for the beloved track "Interlagos 1975" which are not camtools.

This tremendous track deserves some good one, what do you think ?

Thanks a lot for your attention. ;-)

Hello !

I searched some good camera(s) for the beloved track "Interlagos 1975" which are not camtools.

Interlagos 1988 is one of my all time favorite tracks to drive. Very enjoyable layout.

Hello !

I forwarded your post to Poppa Woody and he says he'll do some improvements to the track soon.

Interlagos 1988 is one of my all time favorite tracks to drive. Very enjoyable layout.
I love all the Interlagos tracks but my preference stills for the 1975 layout which was one of the « big heart » challenges yesterday (as Zeltweg in Austria). :-)
I forwarded your post to Poppa Woody and he says he'll do some improvements to the track soon.
Thank you so much for your attention and your kindness. ;-)

Just as a reminder, some pages ago I wrote about an Interlagos 1975 little issue where AI cars get random damage from an invisible object while exiting the pit lane, noticed this with the ACL GTRs.
By random I mean that it doesn't always happen and when it happens it ranges from small frontal damage to a 360 damage to the whole car.

Haven't tried with different new AI behavior options, though.

4 more skins for the Renault 5 elf turbo uk cup 6k/4k/2k

plates + spare wheel removed when on track

Number 29: replica taken from a slightly different discipline, repurposed with the correct plates/naming

number 50: same as 29 just changed a few stickers e.t.c and gave it a different driver, i did not realise Rowan Atkinson aka Mr Bean drove one of these so i had to add him in as a driver (last minute decision)

number 5: replica taken from just before the series got manufacture backing

number 50: same thing as number 5

doing this car multiple colours means you have to figure out around 200-300 separate bits in the AO as every single edge curve and bend are mapped separately which takes alot longer than just a single colour skin. its been a journey to say the least.

installation can be done via drag and drop in CM after you have unzipped and chosen what res you want

in the usual place for download
Screenshot (291).png

Screenshot (292).png
Screenshot (293).png
Screenshot (294).png

Last edited:
And in the end, who gives a f ? We're meant to be racing, not admiring the cars lmao.
Why can't we admire cars with good detail? This game has other mods to help the cars pop, materials, textures etc. I could care less about detailing like GTR2 ports, I'd still drive them as long as the models don't look something like this. This photo is a reminder of no matter how bad Gr.3 ports or any other old car mod port is, it doesn't look like this abomination.
__custom_showroom_1676323076.png
__custom_showroom_1676323086.png

That's because GT SPORT/7 uses tessellation ingame for optimization purposes, when ripping a model, it's in that state since PD presumably modeled those cars without smoothing them first, then using that system on the PlayStation to dynamically smooth the models in game based on LOD (that's my assumption tho)
Yes, I think you're right about that. PD's engine enhances the models in certain scenarios, I remembered when the Gr.3 alfa romeo and the VW vision was ported to AC and some were puzzled about the cars bad poly model.

wow, no hello, or anything, 2 first posts and both ask the same question, where to get this car... but which car do you refer to.
I can see why no one has bothered to assist you :/
Having responded to the post where I helped that guy with the Porsche and gave some news about the T400r, I told him that mine will be out for Christmas. I don't know anything about that Porsche, but I think it's a private mod. 😀

Last edited:
anyone knows what causes the Reflectiveness to not be taken into account when generating previews?

Turning off "Use CSP for final previews render" fixes that...

But is there any other workaround to make Reflectiveness work (in combo w CSP ) ?
1701030063194.png

Hello everyone, does anyone know where I can find this mod? please I like him very much

View attachment 1306281

I asked about that mod a while back myself on here, you're not gonna find it as I think the author never publicly released it.

Some modders out there will share videos of their work as a proof of concept I guess to show what they can do with no intention of ever sharing it.

This YT Channel does that for instance: https://www.youtube.com/@modincomplete1820/videos

Last edited:
Ultima GTR v0.7b

53355682963_e0c61ffd18_o.png

as always, pls delete previous version and do a clean installation

Changelog:
  • Endurance Lights - Extra Button A (Ultima V8)
  • Internal Light - Extra Button B (Ultima 3.2 & Ultima V8)
  • reworked Physics
  • reworkes Tyres
  • reworked engine
  • reworked AI behavior
  • new brake disc textures
  • reworked Motec Display
  • reworked interior & exterior materials and shader
  • fixed taillight glass reflection
  • fixed brakelights
  • added windshield reflection (requires csp version 0.2.1-preview2)

Changelog v0.7b:
  • fixed internal glass shader

Download: https://mega.nz/file/FFhCQAbZ#1JxCHnmpIbPjG9XvTR2UzdmcoR7aV2hCPPDhFhO5sFM
Download: https://mega.nz/file/hUpSwYBQ#7ilFZ01avB3LTpecOQHZDR7XLZswy4uToqQPA7UuAFY
DW,
Awesome modelling as expected :)

Question: Should the 3.2 be faster than the V8? I am running about 6 seconds faster in the 3.2 than the V8 on Spa.

Question 2: I am getting some road reflections in the cockpit in VR, subdued but still there. Such as crossing a finish line, running a curb, etc.

For all the CSP buffs:

Suddenly my left and right view changes are not working. Instead they zoom into the car (in chase cam). This is in VR. When I am in chase cam I tend to check the left and right views on various cars to see how they look generally speaking. I can look behind to see the front of the car but the left and right view are not working as mapped.

Using CSP 0.2.0 and pure 0.222.

Thanks!

some GT Sport/GT7 cars have this problem

not yet but it will come
Hey, just wanted to thank you for all the converts you've been doing recently. Some of them have been fun for me to use.

I know lots of people are likely begging you for this car or that car, and you have a lot of projects going. I was just wondering if you were planning on converting the Ferrari 458 Italia GT3 into Assetto Corsa from GT Sport?

It's a highly-needed car in the game, we've had so many other GT3 cars but never an ok version of this car, and it's important in the history of GT3 racing. It holds (or at one point held) the most number of titles won worldwide for a car model in the category. So then why if it is so widespread and important, has a mod of it never been made for AC? Kinda blows my mind.

1701033959258.png

I know a lot of these Vision cars are fascinating and I personally like a lot of them too, but this I'd argue should be the highest priority to convert from Gran Turismo. It's the only game I can think of with a decent model, and it's such a huge blind spot in AC's car roster. Provided people can make the skins, it would also fix a lot of championships and seasons in the game that people have made.

I think it's basically the only modern/mainstream GT3 car we don't have in some form at this point as well.

Last edited:
anyone knows what causes the Reflectiveness to not be taken into account when generating previews?

Turning off "Use CSP for final previews render" fixes that...

But is there any other workaround to make Reflectiveness work (in combo w CSP ) ?
View attachment 1306514
No, you can´t do anything here since all these values are only affecting non-CSP previews. Maybe look for a better preset, here is one of mine, I think the reflections are good enough?

1701034502986.png

I reported to the team. Tried it with another car: same here. Never noticed it before.
i would like know how i could fix it, because there are others tracks with the same problem Tochigi and Suzuka by rt have this inconvenient, but Suzuka is with the groove, Suzuka:

1701037871488.png

The Golf is over groove and his shadows is clearer than the Alfa in the second photo, and you can see how the Alfa has a clear shadow in the first photo too.

Maybe in single screen not, but in Vr this is very noticiable

Last edited:
I think I have a similar mod.
1701038175663.png

I asked about that mod a while back myself on here, you're not gonna find it as I think the author never publicly released it.

Some modders out there will share videos of their work as a proof of concept I guess to show what they can do with no intention of ever sharing it.

This YT Channel does that for instance: https://www.youtube.com/@modincomplete1820/videos
Therefore, I will not trigger the video and give money to the lad.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back