Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,910 comments
New ChiQuiFreaky Abu Dhabi update, this one available for public download.

As always with his tracks, the first thing I'll be looking at is performance. A lot of his tracks have convincing meshes and excellent visuals, but run very poorly. His Melbourne comes to mind - it would be the best version by far if the performance wasn't a train wreck.

I'll be giving this a look later this week.

VIP

My First from GTSports ;)

__custom_showroom_1701101282.jpg
__custom_showroom_1701101366.jpg
__custom_showroom_1701101385.jpg
__custom_showroom_1701101406.jpg
__custom_showroom_1701101446.jpg
__custom_showroom_1701101520.jpg
__custom_showroom_1701102829.jpg
__custom_showroom_1701102868.jpg

Good Evening

I hope somebody can help, just turned on my game to take a car for a spin and I've noticed I've got a mirror in the centre of the screen. I don't recall changing anything, it wasn't there before today. I tried to take a screen shot but typically it doesn't show in the picture but I've marked where it is. Any idea what IScreenshot_asr_1984_toleman_tg184_rt_zolder_27-10-123-19-57-18.jpg need to do to get rid of it please.

Good Evening

I hope somebody can help, just turned on my game to take a car for a spin and I've noticed I've got a mirror in the centre of the screen. I don't recall changing anything, it wasn't there before today. I tried to take a screen shot but typically it doesn't show in the picture but I've marked where it is. Any idea what IView attachment 1306753 need to do to get rid of it please.
You may have turned on the virtual mirror. Try hitting the F11 key and see if it goes away.

Last edited:
X90
New ChiQuiFreaky Abu Dhabi update, this one available for public download.

As always with his tracks, the first thing I'll be looking at is performance. A lot of his tracks have convincing meshes and excellent visuals, but run very poorly. His Melbourne comes to mind - it would be the best version by far if the performance wasn't a train wreck.

I'll be giving this a look later this week.

Don't get your hopes too high.
Performance is far below average, track lights are a big blur, awful looking palm trees, even worse at night.
No, this needs a lot of work to be decent.

Performance is far below average, track lights are a big blur, awful looking palm trees, even worse at night.
Along with Pyyers extension its still the best we have atm. Unfortunately. :(

not surprised. Thanks for the heads up.

I'm not sure a single one of his tracks has made it to 1.0, which obviously wouldn't even be a sign of quality.

Which I'd be neutral on, of course, except for the fact that he has an active Patreon... at almost $600 USD per month...

Last edited:
I really like the track nemuno_ziedas. The problem is that the trees are way to bright and break the immersion for me. I've tried to fix it by retexturing what I could but I was not successful with all trees. I'd love to place 3d Trees in but have no idea how. If anyone else would like to share some 3d tree love for nemuno_ziedas I'd be very grateful.
In the track folder, go to the extension folder and open ext_config.ini and copy/paste this to the bottom of the file:

[MATERIAL_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = Trees
MATERIALS = shader:ksTree
KEY_0 = ksAmbient
VALUE_0 = 0.25
KEY_1 = ksDiffuse
VALUE_1 = 0.15
KEY_2 = ksSpecular
VALUE_2 = 0.025
KEY_3 = ksSpecularEXP
VALUE_3 = 225
KEY_4 = ksAlphaRef
VALUE_4 = 0.5
You may have to play with the numbers to get them to look exactly how you want them, but this should help them get pointed in the right direction. Ambient is the "shaded" or unlit brightness of the tree, and the Diffuse value is how bright the tree is when illuminated.

Last edited:
I got tired of talking about 458 GT3s, and the lack of there being a really nice one. So I instead decided to kinda do something about it, and boom, skin pack.

Four teams, Panasonic, Mahle, NGK and Bose. I like the Bose one the best, I think it looks the nicest. Use the Bose one.

You can find the link to the OG mod in the description on Racedepartment. Which ironically leads back here to a year and a bit ago or something. In case you don't have it already (this wasn't super popular so I doubt many of you have it).

Maybe this is the first step on the road to make people start caring about the Fezza? Probably not but I can dream.

preview.jpg
preview.jpg

preview.jpg
preview.jpg

Screenshot_tmw_ferrari_458_gt3_ks_barcelona_27-10-123-18-32-42.png

I got tired of talking about 458 GT3s, and the lack of there being a really nice one. So I instead decided to kinda do something about it, and boom, skin pack.

Four teams, Panasonic, Mahle, NGK and Bose. I like the Bose one the best, I think it looks the nicest. Use the Bose one.

You can find the link to the OG mod in the description on Racedepartment. Which ironically leads back here to a year and a bit ago or something. In case you don't have it already (this wasn't super popular so I doubt many of you have it).

Maybe this is the first step on the road to make people start caring about the Fezza? Probably not but I can dream.

View attachment 1306798View attachment 1306799
View attachment 1306800View attachment 1306801

View attachment 1306790
I'm glad you made these skins. This way I found a nice car that I totally overlooked... 👍
Two things: in game the wheels are blurred when standing still:

blurred.png

and the windscreen could be a bit cleaner. This time of year, low sun, I sometimes can't even see where I'm going...:scared:

View attachment 1306798View attachment 1306799
View attachment 1306800View attachment 1306801

View attachment 1306790
thanks for the skins and the link to the car. i searched a good hour and did not find it........until now

adjusted the flames so they come out at the correct place and thought i would share incase people do not know how to change it themselves, drag to your "data" folder and overwrite

Attachments

• flames.ini
    462 bytes · Views: 10
I'm glad you made these skins. This way I found a nice car that I totally overlooked... 👍

View attachment 1306804
and the windscreen could be a bit cleaner. This time of year, low sun, I sometimes can't even see where I'm going...:scared:

thanks for the skins and the link to the car. i searched a good hour and did not find it........until now

adjusted the flames so they come out at the correct place and thought i would share incase people do not know how to change it themselves, drag to your "data" folder and overwrite
Well, this is what we were talking about a page or two ago. This could be a really neat little mod if there was some attention given to it by some of the modders around here who know their stuff. It wouldn't be a perfect replacement for URD or RSS making it, but we could certainly try and make something more out of what we have, and the base for what we do have isn't terrible, so it wouldn't be extremely difficult to bring the TMW 458 up to a higher standard.

I hope we can have a little revolution start here where a few modders on this forum bring some more attention to the mod, and I would certainly be over the moon if that happened. If it really catches on, heck I'll make so many skins for this thing they'll be coming out my ears.

Last edited:
Well, this is what we were talking about a page or two ago. This could be a really neat little mod if there was some attention given to it by some of the modders around here who know their stuff. It wouldn't be a perfect replacement for URD or RSS making it, but we could certainly try and make something more out of what we have, and the base for what we do have isn't terrible, so it wouldn't be extremely difficult to bring the TMW 458 up to a higher standard.

I hope we can have a little revolution start here where a few modders on this forum bring some more attention to the mod, and I would certainly be over the moon if that happened. If it really catches on, heck I'll make so many skins for this thing they'll be coming out my ears.
Yezhrod has a similar car with a load of skins, but they sadly don't fit..
Wpers are ugly and don't work on the Yezhrod car.

Yezhrod has a similar car with a load of skins, but they sadly don't fit..
Wpers are ugly and don't work on the Yezhrod car.
The Yezhrod car is an update of an RF1 port that was pasted over 458 GT2 physics. It's a polished turd pretty much. The only nice thing about it is there are tons of skins for replicating early 2010s grids with, and using the car as grid filler.

Also the 2013 car just looks cooler too.

Last edited:
I have the Thrustmaster TS-XW Base with the Sparco Wheel and atm with an Acelith Formula Addon, Playseat Evolution and only driving in VR with Oculus Rift S, if you mean this? 🤔

@ Question 1: i managed to drive with the V8 version a laptime of 1:16.321 min. and was faster as with the 3.2L version (as i remember 1:17... or 1:18...). I need to edit the gear ratios and put them in their standard setup. Atm there are no specific gear ratios/sets to the 3.2L and V8 version assigned.

@ Question 2: Are you using the v0.7b or the v0.7? because normaly i fixed the reflection issue with the v0.7b. If the issue is still visible in the v0.7b, then i need to check again. 🤔 I dont have this issue and i'm driving in VR too.
I wish I was that fast considering how may KMs I have put on Spa! I don't know why I am 6s faster in the 3.2 than the V8. Maybe the 3.2 was more responsive on my equipment. I am using v0.7b and still get some of the reflection. It is not a deal breaker as your modeling and cars are just awesome. Thank you DW!

View attachment 1306804
If you enter the following lines at the end of the extension config it should rid you of the standing blurred wheel dilema...

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = polymsh_extracted62
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = polymsh_detached41
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = polymsh_extracted61
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = polymsh_detached40
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

1701137674408.png

Another edit/fix for the mod that I think is super important is getting rid of these weird 8-bit shadows on the front that appear during certain lighting conditions. I have no idea what's causing that or why they exist, but it would be amazing if someone was able to figure out why those were appearing and eliminate them. It makes the front of the car look so bad in certain scenes.

But @maximeerkat and @Projekt EDEN I appreciate your two hotfixes for some of the minor graphical issues the car had. There are issues that run much deeper, but that was a really good start. Thank you.

Last edited:
View attachment 1306834

Another edit/fix for the mod that I think is super important is getting rid of these weird 8-bit shadows on the front that appear during certain lighting conditions. I have no idea what's causing that or why they exist, but it would be amazing if someone was able to figure out why those were appearing and eliminate them. It makes the front of the car look so bad in certain scenes.

But @maximeerkat and @Projekt EDEN I appreciate your two hotfixes for some of the minor graphical issues the car had. There are issues that run much deeper, but that was a really good start. Thank you.
I believe it's the VAO patch in the car's main folder. I deleted it out and the shadowy front bumper has cleared...

Attachments

• Screenshot_tmw_ferrari_458_gt3_00_anadara_27-10-123-20-42-45.jpg
    Screenshot_tmw_ferrari_458_gt3_00_anadara_27-10-123-20-42-45.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_tmw_ferrari_458_gt3_00_anadara_27-10-123-20-43-54.jpg
    Screenshot_tmw_ferrari_458_gt3_00_anadara_27-10-123-20-43-54.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 6
I believe it's the VAO patch in the car's main folder. I deleted it out and the shadowy front bumper has cleared...
1701140900976.png

That had the opposite effect for me, now the weird shadows/smudges are visible in every lighting condition no matter what.

Could someone else try deleting the VAO file and seeing what it does please?

Last edited:
View attachment 1306844

That had the opposite effect for me, now the weird shadows/smudges are visible in every lighting condition no matter what.

Could someone else try deleting the VAO file and seeing what it does please?
for me this happened:

with the vao patch still in the car's folder i had the weird shadows in any light.

with the vao patch deleted i have no weird shadows at all in any light

csp 1.79 slightly older version of CM and sol says "weather script" 2.2.3 and "controller script" 2.2

for me this happened:

with the vao patch still in the car's folder i had the weird shadows in any light.

with the vao patch deleted i have no weird shadows at all in any light

csp 1.79 slightly older version of CM and sol says "weather script" 2.2.3 and "controller script" 2.2
I tried redownloading the car entirely and setting it up again and that actually fixed it lol. Seems I was still using a slightly older version before it was even released so long ago lmao.

Deleting the VAO patch just cleared the dumb shadows, and I'm reapplying the edits that were posted here today and my skin pack.

If anyone else has any suggestions or wants to try improving the 458 beyond what's been done here just now, please. That would be very nice lol.

Last edited:
edit glad its sorted
Thanks a lot either way, appreciate it.

1701142897443.png

One of the final visually egregious things about the car in my opinion that's incredibly obvious is the DRL's are so strong they're projecting like high-beams, even when the headlights are off at night. This is ridiculously stupid and needs to be fixed. I can do basic lights but I'm not sure how to fix this one.

Last edited:
Thanks a lot either way, appreciate it.

View attachment 1306846

One of the final visually egregious things about the car in my opinion that's incredibly obvious is the DRL's are so strong they're projecting like high-beams, even when the headlights are off at night. This is ridiculously stupid and needs to be fixed. I can do basic lights but I'm not sure how to fix this one.

Okay, so I was able to manage something, but it takes a little doing. Download the fix with the link I've created, then copy everything from the zip file except for the extension config file into the car's extension folder. Open the extension config file in the dowload, copy all the lines, and add them to the end of the 458's own extension config and save it. Once that's done, you should be able to turn the lights on and off. The only problem is the color...I believe there is a way to change the of the headlight beams to match to yellow color of the original, but help me if I've gone through to see which lighting segment it is. I pulled the files from my Mazda RX-Vision GT3 (can't remember if that's where they came from or if I got it from somewhere else) but it seemed to work for this situation for me. I hope this gives you a start! Good Luck!

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back