Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,924 comments
... CSP Update for Pessio's Pantera...
Noobie question: is compatible with CSP 0.1.79? And taking advantage of the opportunity, another related question: what happens if a mod prepared for a newer version of CSP is used with an older version? Can you play with that mod even with limited functions or does the game crash?

Last edited:
Can someone please explain to me why some cars crash into the side wall at the start? It also happens on Kunos tracks, it's something that makes me very angry😡
This could be a CSP problem. In Content Manager go to "settings/custom shaders patch/new AI behavior/extra options for AI splines" and untick "Cache generated payloads". Then go to the "AI" folder of the track with the problems (e.g. "imola/ai") and delete all files except of "fast_lane.ai" and "pit_lane.ai".

Hello
Coincidentally, I was analyzing this model, the day before yesterday, along with other Supras, and I noticed exactly this issue, I created this lighting (in a very rustic way) and modeled the CSP wipers.This car also needs skins and lods, as it is an fps killer.
Hi, I applied your extension and now there is a beautiful light 😀.. Thanks... How do you generate Lods and Skins? It actually eats up a lot of FPS...

This could be a CSP problem. In Content Manager go to "settings/custom shaders patch/new AI behavior/extra options for AI splines" and untick "Cache generated payloads". Then go to the "AI" folder of the track with the problems (e.g. "imola/ai") and delete all files except of "fast_lane.ai" and "pit_lane.ai".
A thousand thanks.
Can I ask you if, in your opinion, a skin can be too "heavy" causing fps problems? My PC has an underpowered audio/video card

Noobie question: is compatible with CSP 0.1.79? And taking advantage of the opportunity, another related question: what happens if a mod prepared for a newer version of CSP is used with an older version? Can you play with that mod even with limited functions or does the game crash?
i am still using 1.79 and could so far drive every car and use every track. Some cars without the newest csp stuff, but afaik so far it was only some fancy stuff, not really needed for pure driving.

But i am not using CM so i have no problems with it. Maybe a older CSP and newer CM could collide ?

However i was very long on CSP 1.76 earlier and after a while some cars made the game crash.

Fall Guy
Sorry but maybe I am too stupid but it does not work. After closing, both windows aren´t sticked together once re-loaded.

Is it sticking together until you close CM though?
for me it worked, and keeps on sticking after restart of CM as well

so thanks a million RicME85 !, I no longer need to drag the preview window away each time to get a full view

i am still using 1.79...
Yeah, me too, and so far with not too many problems, but they are already starting to release some mods in which they indicate that version 0.2.0 is necessary. I have tried it, but I have gone back to 0.1.79, because it must have some conflict with the ppf that I use, since the image looks terribly bad, very dark, I don't know why...

Thanks for your answer.

P.D. By the way, when changing between CSP versions, are the settings we have selected still maintained or are they restored to default?

Last edited:
some more milky windows removed, i can only do certain things due to mapping i cant do anything with the inside for this reason also. i haven't bothered doing any upscaling just removed the milkyness and re-done a few bits. all 4 window skins done for this car

installation and car link are in the overview tab

before
Screenshot (335).png

after
Screenshot (337).png

Yeah, me too, and so far with not too many problems, but they are already starting to release some mods in which they indicate that version 0.2.0 is necessary. I have tried it, but I have gone back to 0.1.79, because it must have some conflict with the ppf that I use, since the image looks terribly bad, very dark, I don't know why...

Thanks for your answer.

P.D. By the way, when changing between CSP versions, are the settings we have selected still maintained or are they restored to default?
Installing new CSP version makes obvoiusly all settings default again. But once tweaked my csp to my likings i just save the folder where all csp ini.s are saved (X:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config) somewhere else, so i have always the settings if i come back to this version.

yeah the 0.2 version will be needed in the future for sure....and i don`t know sure but i think the newest csp and/or pure needs CM, so actually i am too lazy to figure it out how i can continue without CM.
But for now i am very still happy with my tweaked csp1.79 and pure 0.180

Last edited:
A thousand thanks.
Can I ask you if, in your opinion, a skin can be too "heavy" causing fps problems? My PC has an underpowered audio/video card
As I have a PC with 16 GB RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 with 8 GB, I never experienced any problems with large skins and I don`t know, if this has an effect on the FPS at all. But in the last time some modders started to release their car skins in an uncompressed DDS format. So one car skin folder can have up to 300 MB. That`s just ridiculous as you can`t see a difference during a race. It`s just a waste of disc space and RAM of the graphics card. So I always compress these DDS files to DXT5 with PAINT.NET. This reduces the file size of an uncompressed 4K car skin from 85 MB to 21 MB.

1 more de-milked windows for Peugeot 405 BTCC same as before for installation plus link to the car in the overview tab. inside windows (apart from the windscreen) are a no go so i couldn't do anything about the stickers not being visible from the inside.

i re done the window banner aka sunstrip as i wasn't happy with what was on there.
Screenshot (338).png

Screenshot (341).png

Last edited:
It does not require the newest version. I would imagine if a mod requires a certain version, anything older than that version would make the mod crash.

Release Tuesday? For the nostalgic sim racers...

1930 Roosevelt Raceway (pay mod)
by Historic Sim Studios

1703031221759.png

Remove car's extension folder while testing.
This was a great tip, thanks.

Removed the extension folder and got the AI app running. Turns out the car was getting stuck on 1st gear. After a quick google search, I found my answer on reddit.

In case it helps anyone else, in drivetrain.ini, the [AUTOCLUTCH] MAX_RPM value should be lower than the limiter value in engine.ini.

AI is working properly now :)
Thx all

Last edited:

Another preview, with more buildings, bumpy road mesh, few road asphalts sections and the racing line groove. There are some details left before releasing an alpha version.

The track is being made by me, kyle.bloyd (creator of RSS/VRC Indycar skinpack) and PaquitoCR. Any collaboration is welcome, we are gathered in a group!

Last edited:
Hi, I applied your extension and now there is a beautiful light 😀.. Thanks... How do you generate Lods and Skins? It actually eats up a lot of FPS...
OK friend Glad you liked the lighting! There are 3 mods for this Supra, and analyzing this, this is the best. But, unfortunately, it doesn't have skins and lods, as it would be more complete, not just to fill the grid. Unfortunately I don't know how to create skins and lods...😭😭 I'm also skinning the RX 7 Motorsport IMSA GTO, (it has 2 models, with different physics), and I got a good result too.. If anyone here on the forum can or has any interest in improving this Supra GT500, creating skins and the necessary lods, it would be a gift!!! Hugs from Brazil

which is the website or patreon page or whatelse when I can buy the FBTeam Mods?
I cant' find nothing googling, and I saw that they made Ferrari SF90XX and F99XX that I'd love to drive

A thousand thanks.
What may help you is rolling back to the default pp filter. I'm on a 2060 and have massively overclocked it in the past so now it's very unstable, once I rolled back to default and used some of the image sharpening tips given out a few days back I've now got crystal clear image and have gained about 20-30fps. Some of the pp filters you can download are very intensive. I've managed to turn back on all manner of extras, deeper shadows, higher track detail more anti-aliasing. Worth a shot if you're struggling too 👍

Another preview, with more buildings, bumpy road mesh, few road asphalts sections and the racing line groove. There are some details left before releasing an alpha version.

The track is being made by me, kyle.bloyd (creator of RSS/VRC Indycar skinpack) and PaquitoCR. Any collaboration is welcome, we are gathered in a group!

In every video is getting better and better, keep up the good work guys ;)

But in the last time some modders started to release their car skins in an uncompressed DDS format. So one car skin folder can have up to 300 MB. That`s just ridiculous as you can`t see a difference during a race. It`s just a waste of disc space and RAM of the graphics card. So I always compress these DDS files to DXT5 with PAINT.NET. This reduces the file size of an uncompressed 4K car skin from 85 MB to 21 MB.
And you've destroyed the quality of skin with all kinds of visual artifacts, especially the darker colors... A little tip from my experience as I have both paint.net and GIMP, don't compress skins to DXT5 with them, I personally use 3dsimED to compress as it actually keeps decent quality and I don't have any other fancy program. Texture browser, find your skin, click on dds and it will compress it with way better results than aforementioned paint.net/GIMP.
And it's better if a skin maker releases his stuff uncompressed if he/she doesn't have a good exporter at their hand, as everyone can compress .dds files for themselves, but once you do, you can't go back.
And for basic AO textures, save them as L8A8 and not RGBA8, some people seem to not know this when they make their car .kn5 file 100mb+ heavy

Hello everyone, problem with AC. At the end of the race it remains stuck at the final screen (the one where it gives the possibility to see the replay), and doesn't want to continue, not acquiring the results of the BTCC championship that I'm doing. Anyone know how to solve it? I tried waiting 5/10 minutes to see if it unlocked, but nothing.
Big thanks.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, problem with AC. At the end of the race it remains stuck at the final screen (the one where it gives the possibility to see the replay), and doesn't want to continue, not acquiring the results of the BTCC championship that I'm doing. Anyone know how to solve it? I tried waiting 5/10 minutes to see if it unlocked, but nothing.
Big thanks.

Same here with the DTM Championship I just made. At the end of The Race I can see the bottons of replay, run again and Next, but I can't push anyone of them, after a Race of 40 laps this os very annoying.

Yesterday I tried a 1 lap Race and everything was ok, Hope that anyone find a answers.

Same here with the DTM Championship I just made. At the end of The Race I can see the bottons of replay, run again and Next, but I can't push anyone of them, after a Race of 40 laps this os very annoying.

Yesterday I tried a 1 lap Race and everything was ok, Hope that anyone find a answers.
Big thanks.
I don't know why this is happening but you could exit from there with "ctrl+x" and the results of the race stays. If you force the exit, the race result will be lost.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back