Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,909 comments
Hihi yep that will help but didn´t fix my problem. I use random dynamic weather and the rainy condition are just optical (because I was unhappy with the rain physics & rain tyres). The rain physics is deactivated via WeatherFX Debug Tool. That worked really well and I had great fun.
ok must admitt it was just a joke by me. sorry :bowdown:
I used rainy conditions also just optical earlier. But since last few csp versions it is mo more possible because rain ist bound with rain physics and the AI try to change to wet tires.
Some time ago Peter Boese said here, he could add a option to allow rain without rain physics. Unfortunately i can´t help you, would also like to use rain again.

24H
is it possible to remove objects of a track via ext_config files? 🤔
Yes. Put this code into a track's config and change the mesh name to match whatever object you are trying to remove.

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION =
MESHES = 'objectname'
IS_RENDERABLE= 0

One word of warning though. Some objects\meshes are grouped with other objects\meshes. If you try to hide one object, you may actually be hiding other things as well.

Yes. Put this code into a track's config and change the mesh name to match whatever object you are trying to remove.

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION =
MESHES = 'objectname'
IS_RENDERABLE= 0

One word of warning though. Some objects\meshes are grouped with other objects\meshes. If you try to hide one object, you may actually be hiding other things as well.
Follow up question, if I may:
Would this make a track less demanding for the PC (e.g. load faster, achieve stable FPS etc.) if one hides a bunch of stuff?
Say tree groups or buildings out of view for example?

I respect all the work modders pour into their creations but I tend to see just a fraction of it anyway
when driving in cockpit view...

Follow up question, if I may:
Would this make a track less demanding for the PC (e.g. load faster, achieve stable FPS etc.) if one hides a bunch of stuff?
Say tree groups or buildings out of view for example?

I respect all the work modders pour into their creations but I tend to see just a fraction of it anyway
when driving in cockpit view...
I'm not sure about that one. In theory I guess it should work. If the game is not rendering as many objects, I would assume it would be less taxing on a system. Honestly though, that would be one for someone with more knowledge than I have.

Merry XMas, fellows

Screenshot_pfa_volkswagen_scirocco_s1_ablz_targaflorio73_23-11-123-17-42-31.jpg

I couldnt stand those large rims anymore. And while I was already at the car I've made some changes to the extension too.

Download at GTPlanet or Sharemods and have a very merry xmas. 🥂

that would be one for someone with more knowledge than I have.
For clarity, absolutely sure this doesn't apply, but ... here goes :)
The answer is DEFINITIVELY.... maybe.

Not having to render objects will always save GPU time and effort, so FPS WILL improve.
How much is the question. Noticeably? Usefully? What percentage of the "RENDER ALL" task have you mitigated?

Another consideration is that improvements are less noticeable when the engine is in the center of the performance envelope, ie, it has head-room. If the engine is at the edge of the envelope, with little or no headroom, ANY improvement might move the needle in a way that you can feel.

The only way to tell in your specific instance, is to cull a few meshes, by the method that @racinjoe013 suggested. and see if you can discern a difference. Then fact-check your feelings with CSP's very good GPU Rendering Stats app, in game.

BTW, did you know if you use the F7 camera in-game, you can fly around and inspect areas/objects, and if you have the Render Stats app open, it makes it quite easy to isolate stuff that is causing issues. Might be useful in selecting what to cull first?

Load times are unlikely to be affected. The whole KN5 must still be read in, and either kept in memory or paged. The render "Item_A" decision is made on-the-fly in-game, based on a list of notes (ext_config.ini) "Item_A = NO" = skip.

Hope this is useful.

Last edited:
i did not make the car BE_MODDING did i did state that in my post. All i have done is make the skin, anything else is down to the og modder, not me. i dont even know what a psd is let alone how to make one

if you want a "lighter skin" then use the 2k one that i provide you don't have to use 6k or 4k i dont see what the problem is?

you make a skin in 12k to downscale to 5k or 4k or 2k and you retain sharpness to a point you don't release a 506mb skin that's stupid.

also my 5760x5760 skin is only 48.6mb i would hardly call that "unoptimised" bear in mind this is the entire skin not just the body.dds file

alot of my skin have been over 80mb in size for higher res that would be fair enough to pull me up on that but you try and pull me up on one of my lightest skins to date..............i don't get it infact i am confused.com as to what your saying, if i have missed something or i just dont understand then please let me know. i no very little

i am pretty pleased with how my skins look imho and i provide something for everyone if you want hi res or not. the 2k skin is 21mb in size i can do no more other than give you options

i don't like how the window stickers fight with each other though, but i cant seem to change that some mods do it some don't
View attachment 1313900
What I'm trying to say is that the problem is in the UVW map that's why you make the skin "5760x5760"
I don't know what (BE_MODDING) is or if you part of this group
Anyways, I was trying to help not to criticize you

Can't do anything about the livery.png except change it yourself like you're doing, but you can change how AC sorts skins, either by name, ID, or number.

View attachment 1311223

I switched it to name, then custom named my skins for those that needed it (batch editing in the UI edit tab is your friend) and it "auto sorts" it for me by series, or whatever I call the skins

View attachment 1311220
So this, looks like this when you select a car. You can tweak the naming structure to "force" sorting in whatever way works for you.

View attachment 1311221

A big thanks to the skin makers who package their liveries with the names set up and a period correct livery.png. Appreciate the little details. I know recently there have been a few skins for the new GT1 Aston Martin which were named like this :cheers:

Hi,

It also happens to you that with this car when you enter the game the audio disappears?
I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the mod but nothing changes

Stupid question. Is anyone having issues with RD's website recently? For like the past two weeks or so, I can not navigate around RD's website. My browser window will periodically flash\blink and after a couple of times, all clickable items are unresponsive, be it forum links, topic links, etc. Wondering if it's just me.
Nothing here using safari on my iPad and Brave&ToR browser on my Windows PC. Also at the RD mods section, the download problems seems to be fixed.
Could be you are using an extension that’s blocking advertisings to strong, like adware software.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, what's going on with the Z GT500 mods when will it be released?
View attachment 1313835

and how to solve this problem it appears with mods
View attachment 1313836
with this mod
View attachment 1313837

guys no one can help me they ignore me no matter how much I write no one sees me

I have no idea about a GT500 mod, do you have any background about who is working on it or what?

For the error on the other mod, I don't recognise it but the error message is fairly explicit - delete some wing references from aero.ini and see if it works.

Better?

I have no idea about a GT500 mod, do you have any background about who is working on it or what?

For the error on the other mod, I don't recognise it but the error message is fairly explicit - delete some wing references from aero.ini and see if it works.

Better?
Seems to be @TheNuvolari
"I'm about to finish my scratch-made Z GT500 except..." :)

@demankz He's discussing it on current public threads on Race Department and Reddit.

Hi All. Just a quick question. The game crashes sometimes when I race at Le Mans the SX version. It happens when I exit
Virage du Tertre Rouge. Any ideas please. Is there anything in CM that enables you to check the track files. Many thanks.
Top right corner is a indicator that turns green if there is a new track version
Last week it had a new version of sx-Lemans v2.6 to install for me

8DD953E6-A010-4EA4-946F-AB4FC5740D0B.jpeg

Edit: I see in your previous post that you already was aware of the v2.6 version
so in that version is crashes? I will do some online laps today to see if it crashes here too, (tested and no crash for me at that point)

Last edited:
24H
is it possible to remove objects of a track via ext_config files? 🤔

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
ACTIVE=1
DESCRIPTION =
MESHES = 'objectname'
IS_RENDERABLE= 0

Add in Ext_config.ini

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...] ; this will NOT work to hide a collideable mesh
DESCRIPTION = hide my thing
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = ?.kn5 ;with ? you don't have to find which is the correct KN5 file where the mesh is
HIDE = MY_MESH

or

[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...] ; this will work to hide a collideable mesh
IS_ACTIVE = 1
MESHES = MY_MESH
IS_RENDERABLE = 0

Also, if the collidable invisible wall mesh is on the track, you have to edit surfaces.ini file (inside track data folder).
  • copy all the reference [SURFACE_xxx] of the road mesh (so you have all correct road parameters)
  • paste at the end of the file
  • rename [SURFACE_xxx] adding 1 to xxx
  • edit KEY parameter with the collidable invisible wall mesh (ex.: KEY=01WALL02)

NOTE: mesh name only in CAPITAL letters and without spaces between "="

Last edited:
What a great track. The parkland atmosphere is 💯 Lovely piece of history. Thank you.

The Circuits of the Past guy went and had a look:

Last edited:
What I'm trying to say is that the problem is in the UVW map that's why you make the skin "5760x5760"
I don't know what (BE_MODDING) is or if you part of this group
Anyways, I was trying to help not to criticize you
i made the skin 5760x5760 because that's what your meant to do, to then resize it to 4096 and 2048 respectively so you can retain some sharpness at lower resolution. you "assume" i am doing it for other reasons i guess?. You assume wrong

Last edited:
I tried implementing the new menu interface (by changing gui.ini) but find that it seems quite non-functional. Primarily, the driver-names/laptimes are not recorded on the list. Is there something else I need to do, or is it just not fully functional yet?

On a similar note, is there a way to make this driver list (old gui) bigger onscreen? (old eyes need bigger)
SebringBOP@Sebring-Quali-45min-V06m2.jpg

EDIT: And now I can't get that new interface to fire up at all. The new pause menu and taskbar are there but not the new pits menus...

Last edited:
Ascari A410, KZR-1 Pack version 1.1 for Assetto Corsa

Merry Christmas eve or Christmas

V1.1 update

download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/fsnq3593x6hmgk2/RMS_Ascari_A410%2C_KZ1-R_pack_1.1.7z/file

Please delete old version 1.0 and replace with this version 1.1 or any other previous versions.

Change log

-reduction in interia with all three models
-Aero adjusment to all 3 models mainly Ascari KZR-1
-complete Changes in Ascari KZR-1 aero implementation
-braking torque increased Ascari A410, Ascari A410 LMS and Ascari KZR-1
-Aero F/R biases tweaked
-slight reduction in drag Ascari A410 Judd and Ascari A410 LMS Judd
-Changes to steering ratios.
-Added Ascari A410 Judd Lemans test 2000
-graphic offset change lf,rf,lr,rr

Outside testing help: Luke Welch

Original credits

Ascari A410, KZR-1 Pack

Cars Included: 2001 Ascari A410, 2001 Ascari A410 LMS, 2002 Ascari KZR-1 LM

Team: RMS

Memebers that worked on mod: NeilB1971,Peuegot905,Kamil Kader

Conversion: NeilB1971

Model: NeilB1971,Kamil Cader,Peugeot905

Physics: Peugeot905

Other updated Lemans Prototypes: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/7g6488jsyt2ux/Lemans_Prototype_Near_Finalized

preview (4).jpg

preview.jpg

preview (2).jpg

preview (3).jpg

8fYgWy.jpg

90KDdT.jpg

6YL9Wx.jpg

FG3Wbt.jpg

kXmGp2.jpg

lfKhIW.jpg

QENHaT.jpg

r4eH4Z.jpg

tCCVgA.jpg

Wrqm0Y.jpg

yOqmO3.jpg

Hello everyone, what's going on with the Z GT500 mods when will it be released?
Screenshot_z_gt500_2022_rt_suzuka_6-11-123-12-2-48.jpg
Development hasn't stopped for a day I just have to guess the performance myself without any information on GT500 cars (no I won't copy other GT500 mods' physics)

AI ran like 100 laps on Suzuka being on par with real laps but I'm sure people will dislike it still

Last edited:
Does anyone else have this issue in CM? It's driven me crazy since the start and I wanted to know if anyone else has this issue.

Editing tracks in the content tab is such a pain, it seems like this only happens when there is more than one layout. I edit the description, geo tag, city, tags, etc. and every time I save it just reverts back to what was there before. I have to edit and save 2-3 more times for it to actually take.

My cars are meticulously organized with tags, that is half the fun for me lol. Tracks have the custom preview and wotnot, but the tags are a mess. I'm crazy but not so crazy to organize each tag on every layout multiple times and pray it stays. Has anyone got a fix?

Hi, everyone
I'm wondering if it's possible to hide one side of a double sided mesh via ext config? A car mod has doublesided windows and I want to hide interior side faces, so to not get weird reflections in cockpit... maybe something with CULL_MODE= ?
Thanks in advance if anyone has answer

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back