Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,913 comments
Aston Martin V12 Vantage Manual 2010 Public Release !!!!
Download:
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics By VRDRIVING
-CSP Settings
-Driver Animation by Mascot
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@Mascot,and others

View attachment 1313749View attachment 1313750View attachment 1313751View attachment 1313752
Just to clarify, I had nothing to do with the current driver animation or beta testing of this car, despite notes to the contrary.

Last edited:
shi
Mine Circuit 1999 v1.5
View attachment 1313863
Mine Circuit was a 3.331 km (2.070 mi) motor racing circuit in Nagao, Nishiatsu-cho, Mine, Yamaguchi Prefecture, Japan. The track closed in February 2006.It was one of the main circuits in Japanese motorsport. (Wikipedia)

-CSP recommended
-26 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
rFactor Original Track by AR rFactor Tracks
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by shin956
AI by KevinK2
ext_config.ini, replay cam, VAO by CrisT86
logo.png and sections file by Fanapryde
Camtool Replay by ckkjw398
3D terrain by Tyrone / Nukedrop
Mountain texture from Chuck_CG
Crowd textures by Kniker97
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by ワイエス911(v0.9), TheRealCeeBee, Mascot, Fanapryde

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Changelog;
-Update ext_config.ini and VAO & Add replay cam (by @CrisT86)
-Repaving the road surface (advice by @TheRealCeeBee)

v1.1
-Fixed an issue where tires would fill in corners
-Fixed an issue where there was no sound of kerb

v1.2
-Track optimization
-Add lights to martial posts and medical center
-Fixed shader
-Change AI (by @KevinK2)
-Other fine adjustment

v1.3
-Fixed pitlane

v1.4
-I adjusted the shader
-Updated some textures
-Fixed some trees being bright and some dark
-Adjusted ext_config
-Updated preview
-VAO has been renewed
-camtool updated

v1.5
-Updated some shaders.
-Updated some textures.
-Updated UI.
-Updated VAO-patch.
-Updated ext_config.
-Updated phy road.
-Added 3D terrain by Tyrone / Nukedrop. (Thanks)
Mountain texture from Chuck_CG
-Added groove/skidmarks.
-Added new cam.
-Added logo.png and sections file by Fanapryde. (Thanks)
-Supported camera_facing for spectators. (crowd textures by Kniker97.)
-Fixed some normals.
-Fixed floating objects.
-Fixed kerb mapping.
-Removed unnecessary objects.
-Other minor fixes.

Mine Circuit 1999 v1.5
The link is in the quote.

v1.5 changelog;
-Updated some shaders.
-Updated some textures.
-Updated UI.
-Updated VAO-patch.
-Updated ext_config.
-Updated phy road.
-Added 3D terrain by Tyrone / Nukedrop. (Thanks)
Mountain texture from Chuck_CG.
-Added groove/skidmarks.
-Added new cam.
-Added logo.png and sections file by Fanapryde. (Thanks)
-Supported camera_facing for spectators. (crowd textures by Kniker97.)
-Fixed some normals.
-Fixed floating objects.
-Fixed kerb mapping.
-Removed unnecessary objects.
-Other minor fixes.
Screenshot_ks_abarth500_assetto_corse_mine_circuit_99_23-11-123-20-15-32.jpg

Just to clarify, I had nothing to do with the driver animation or beta testing of this car, despite notes to the contrary.
I've sent Peter Crill new files for the driver model, scale, posture, shifting animation and shift timing so hopefully the car will be updated soon and my good name (lol) will be restored.
I also reported missing faces on the wiper arms.

Screenshot (24).png Screenshot (25).png Screenshot (26).png Screenshot (27).png

Last edited:
Now I came across a random video on YouTube:

and was surprised - how is such a double mirror implemented? The system is pretty like the same as in rF2. Does anyone know anything about this?

Hello everyone :gtpflag:

With AI cooldown lap switched on
I don't have a finish flag.
Crew chief doesn't give congratulations when you reach the finish line, only when you reach the pits.

Can this be repaired?

Crew chief doesn't give congratulations when you reach the finish line, only when you reach the pits.

Can this be repaired?
Yes, it can be fixed. Uncheck the "new_ai_behavior" in cm before the race and pray that the screen with the race results does not freeze in the end! :D

Last edited:
The car mod looks good with only 135k triangles
let me give you some advice about the textures and the livery skins
1. Making skins more than 4k is completely useless and you are just wasting your time.(take an example from my 12k skin for the GTR Kunos & the HDR skin for the Rena's Mclaren) is the 12k 506MB and the HDR 4k 340MB for a skin useless ? the answer is yes
2. The problem is in the UVM map. By increasing the resolution up to 4k the only thing you accomplish is more MB which results in an unoptimized mod, your only solution is to make the part that I show you, in red square bigger,
and then you will have a better resolution by 2k and 1k
3. Try to keep the car mod folder as clear as possible, which means don't put unnecessary stuff inside the folder(like photos and the .PSD file. keep your work secret ;)
4. try to make those changes and I will help you with the texture(dirt,damage,etc..) and LODs if you can do them
i did not make the car BE_MODDING did i did state that in my post. All i have done is make the skin, anything else is down to the og modder, not me. i dont even know what a psd is let alone how to make one

if you want a "lighter skin" then use the 2k one that i provide you don't have to use 6k or 4k i dont see what the problem is?

you make a skin in 12k to downscale to 5k or 4k or 2k and you retain sharpness to a point you don't release a 506mb skin that's stupid.

also my 5760x5760 skin is only 48.6mb i would hardly call that "unoptimised" bear in mind this is the entire skin not just the body.dds file

alot of my skin have been over 80mb in size for higher res that would be fair enough to pull me up on that but you try and pull me up on one of my lightest skins to date..............i don't get it infact i am confused.com as to what your saying, if i have missed something or i just dont understand then please let me know. i no very little

i am pretty pleased with how my skins look imho and i provide something for everyone if you want hi res or not. the 2k skin is 21mb in size i can do no more other than give you options

i don't like how the window stickers fight with each other though, but i cant seem to change that some mods do it some don't
Screenshot (347).png

Last edited:
Stupid question. Is anyone having issues with RD's website recently? For like the past two weeks or so, I can not navigate around RD's website. My browser window will periodically flash\blink and after a couple of times, all clickable items are unresponsive, be it forum links, topic links, etc. Wondering if it's just me.

@racinjoe013 I had issues a couple of days ago, now it's all OK.

I have an issue with AC.
I have fullscreen option under Settings\AC\Video enabled, but after a couple of laps my monitor goes black for some seconds and after it goes in windowed borderless mode (CSP DXGI is disabled)

Can this be repaired?
yeah, it doesn't work properly for me either and never has. I've ditched cooldown laps for now in AI races.

Stupid question. Is anyone having issues with RD's website recently? For like the past two weeks or so, I can not navigate around RD's website. My browser window will periodically flash\blink and after a couple of times, all clickable items are unresponsive, be it forum links, topic links, etc. Wondering if it's just me.
All good my side, in fact, touch wood, been great for ages now.

Just choose sunny weather 😀
Hihi yep that will help but didn´t fix my problem. I use random dynamic weather and the rainy condition are just optical (because I was unhappy with the rain physics & rain tyres). The rain physics is deactivated via WeatherFX Debug Tool. That worked really well and I had great fun.

@racinjoe013 I had issues a couple of days ago, now it's all OK.

I have an issue with AC.
I have fullscreen option under Settings\AC\Video enabled, but after a couple of laps my monitor goes black for some seconds and after it goes in windowed borderless mode (CSP DXGI is disabled)

All good my side, in fact, touch wood, been great for ages now.
Interesting. I'll have to try Firefox and see what happens. I know it's not my computer because it does it on any of my home computers, not just my racing rig. Thanks for responding.

I have also been having issues with RD, unresponsive links, pages jumping around without my input... never happened before. I'm using Chrome.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back