Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,913 comments
New CSP 0.2.3preview1 is available.

For those who are interested, in the changelog there is also a new test version for CM (0.8.2617.39678) available. Among others, it finally fixes the annoying pop-up window in content´s list (below under NEW):

1703279162258.png

Aston Martin V12 Vantage Manual 2010 Public Release !!!!
Download:
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics By VRDRIVING
-CSP Settings
-Driver Animation by Mascot
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@Mascot,and others

__custom_showroom_1703277812.pngScreenshot_aston_martin_v12_2010_doningtonpark2018_22-11-123-20-24-6.jpgScreenshot_aston_martin_v12_2010_doningtonpark2018_22-11-123-20-24-24.jpgScreenshot_aston_martin_v12_2010_doningtonpark2018_22-11-123-20-25-36.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_aston_martin_v12_2010_sx_lemans_22-11-123-19-50-36.jpg
    Screenshot_aston_martin_v12_2010_sx_lemans_22-11-123-19-50-36.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_aston_martin_v12_2010_doningtonpark2018_22-11-123-20-25-53.jpg
    Screenshot_aston_martin_v12_2010_doningtonpark2018_22-11-123-20-25-53.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 8
Hi All. Just a quick question. The game crashes sometimes when I race at Le Mans the SX version. It happens when I exit
Virage du Tertre Rouge. Any ideas please. Is there anything in CM that enables you to check the track files. Many thanks.
I think that is the same track that I noticed an update for a few days ago when I opened up CM. I let it do the update but the notification won't go away. I haven't checked the track to see if it is ok though.

New CSP 0.2.3preview1 is available.

For those who are interested, in the changelog there is also a new test version for CM (0.8.2617.39678) available. Among others, it finally fixes the annoying pop-up window in content´s list (below under NEW):

View attachment 1313748
Does it fix the AI crapping themselves in the pits, that's the question. Had to revert back to public for the first time in years.

If anyone has a changelog.md link from GitHub, I'd appreciate it. I can't find it.

I really hope he continues, his tracks are among the very best original content in AC.

I as well - it's a shame none of his tracks have gotten to 1.0, despite being feature-complete as is. Lots of dead projects out there that are lost to time - hopefully his aren't next.

Last edited:
X90
I as well - it's a shame none of his tracks have gotten to 1.0, despite being feature-complete as is. Lots of dead projects out there that are lost to time - hopefully his aren't next.
They are complete, don't put too much stock in an arbitrary version number. They're often meaningless for car and track mods, sub-1.0 in a lot of examples just in case issues are found or new features get added.

Last edited:
They are complete, don't put too much stock in an arbitrary version number. They're often meaningless for car and track mods, sub-1.0 in a lot of examples just in case issues are found or new features get added.
Sure, but each of his tracks has a "to do" list at the bottom of their respective RD pages.

I guess that's what I'm referencing - as he himself seems to think there's more work to be done. I hope he finds the time.

I race Goria all the time and it is wonderful, despite some AI niggles (shock), LOD issues (that I believe you somewhat addressed with your ext_config tweaks above) and small performance blips. My server ran an event there with no issues whatsoever, though, so yeah, it's fine the way it is.

Last edited:
X90
Does it fix the AI crapping themselves in the pits, that's the question. Had to revert back to public for the first time in years.

If anyone has a changelog.md link from GitHub, I'd appreciate it. I can't find it.

X90
Sure, but each of his tracks has a "to do" list at the bottom of their respective RD pages.

I guess that's what I'm referencing - as he himself seems to think there's more work to be done. I hope he finds the time.
Ah, gotcha. Yes, things like more detail, extra layouts etc.
They never feel unfinished to me though, and certainly no big game-breaking issues as far as I can recall.
Hopefully he's still modding.

Ah, gotcha. Yes, things like more detail, extra layouts etc.
They never feel unfinished to me though, and certainly no big game-breaking issues as far as I can recall.
Hopefully he's still modding.
Can't stress enough how great his stuff is, though. All of them are at least "very good" and a handful probably make my top 10 favorite tracks in many hundreds I've tried. And they're fictional! Madness.

And, of course, he releases them for free, with no silly Patreon nonsense. I wouldn't hesitate to pay for his tracks, but I've never found so much as a Kofi or PayPal link.

He embodies the best of what this wonderful platform is about. I hope he's well, and returns when he's ready.

Peugeot 106 procar 1998 skin + car 2k/4k/6k
download instructions in the download section

car is by BE_MODDING

certain minor things i couldn't get done but overall a pretty decent representation

Screenshot (342).png

Screenshot (343).png

Last edited:
Red Bull Ring Mod v2.1

Red Bull Ring Mod v2.1

Please make a backup copy of your ks_red_bull_ring folder to be safe because this replaces or adds files to the track folder. Also delete any track skins from my previous version. CSP is required to work properly. If you don't use CSP, the track skins will still work, but you will have to copy the files to the default folder in the skins directory.

Credit for the ext_config goes to the CSP guys who did the original config used as the base and @CrisT86 for the changes to the config to make it work better.
Track skins are a combination of my own edited textures with a few textures from a skin I already had (don't know the author) and @Peter Boese ac-color-corrections texture pack.
Additional kn5 files for the stock track done by me.
Two additional track cams done by me.
Special thanks to @CrisT86 for all the help with the config and @andrevr , @Peter Boese , and @xNAPx for testing things for me along the way. And @ales100i for the pictures of the area to help me get the season changes somewhat accurate.

All decisions on texture colors and brightness were made based on watching Youtube videos of the recent F1 race. To be honest, one set of trees should be brighter to be more accurate, but they looked out of place as brighter textures. If I hear enough complaints, i'll adjust the texture and make it available.

View attachment 1212404

Any and all improvement suggestions are welcome. I did the best I could, but i'm sure there are mistakes to be fixed.

Looks fantastic to me. Thank you for this mod :)

Will there be a reupload for Mugello and Vallelunga?
These are offline :(

Screenshot_asrc_clio_cup_5_ks_red_bull_ring_22-11-123-20-0-21.jpg

Last edited:
Looks fantastic to me. Thank you for this mod :)

Will there be a reupload for Mugello and Vallelunga?
These are offline :(

View attachment 1313787
Thank you. Glad you like it. I'll have to check the Mugello and Vallelunga links because they shouldn't be down.

And thanks for posting the pic. I always wonder how one of my mods will look on another system using a different ppfilter. At least for this one, it looks like it comes out ok.

Thank you. Glad you like it. I'll have to check the Mugello and Vallelunga links because they shouldn't be down.

And thanks for posting the pic. I always wonder how one of my mods will look on another system using a different ppfilter. At least for this one, it looks like it comes out ok.
Also Monza Fantastic...Even in crappy weather :)

I still use Sol and the ACVE Filter

Keep it up...great mods

Screenshot_asr_1992_ferrari_f92a_monza_23-11-123-1-54-58.jpg
Screenshot_asr_1992_ferrari_f92a_monza_23-11-123-2-2-17.jpg

Also Monza Fantastic...Even in crappy weather :)

I still use Sol and the ACVE Filter

Keep it up...great mods

View attachment 1313790View attachment 1313791
Honestly, that doesn't look like my Monza mod. It looks way too good to be something I did unless it's just the filter you are using that makes it look better than what I see.

I restored the Vallelunga link (not sure what happened with that one), but now I remember why the Mugello one was down. I pulled it awhile back when I decided I wanted to revisit it because I wasn't happy with what I had done. Here's the Vallelunga link. It was an early mod I tried so it's not as good as some of my more recent ones. I should probably revisit this one as well.

ks_vallelunga mod

Last edited:
Outside of the transmission, the M3 GTR drives kinda knife edgy. Hard to get tire up to temp and also doesn't seem to like curbs all that much. And uses maybe too little fuel? Pace wise seems a match for the GTN cars of the RSS mod. The interior seems off between the different gauge cluster and the lack of the E46 dash. But it is only a pre-release so maybe some of this will get fixed. Either way its good a bigger group is taking this car on though.

Thanks for this, a couple of tracks I want to apply this to so that’s really handy.

A shame doublezero seems to have disappeared (or been recruited?), his Mount Tempus project previewed on YouTube looked an absolute stunner and his work got better and better over the years.
Well, he just updated his Heart Lake Complex today

Thanks for this, a couple of tracks I want to apply this to so that’s really handy.

A shame doublezero seems to have disappeared (or been recruited?), his Mount Tempus project previewed on YouTube looked an absolute stunner and his work got better and better over the years.
Ohh I wasn't even aware of Mount Tempus, just searched it on YouTube and it looks fantastic! Can't wait to see this one in action.

I'd like to draw attention to a small tool I recently came across on RD. I find it really useful, especially because I had a loud car-mod recently. Now, I don't have to adjust the overall system volume every time. Instead ican set it individually for each mod (REQUIRES CUSTOM SHADERS PATCH 0.2.1+!!!)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/car-volume-adjuster.65647/

Last edited:
I'd like to draw attention to a small tool I recently came across on RD. I find it really useful, especially because I had a loud car-mod recently. Now, I don't have to adjust the overall system volume every time. Instead ican set it individually for each mod (REQUIRES CUSTOM SHADERS PATCH 0.2.1+!!!)
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/car-volume-adjuster.65647/
Wow. The hits keep coming today. This is ****ing awesome if it works.

Going to try it now - some of the historic cars are unbelievably loud, and I've had mixed results with making the volume config files myself.

Thanks for sharing.

EDIT: Yes, it does work. Fantastic stuff. Cheers.

Last edited:
Hello everyone, what's going on with the Z GT500 mods when will it be released?
Screenshot_z_gt500_2022_rt_suzuka_6-11-123-12-2-48.jpg

and how to solve this problem it appears with mods
кекек.jpg

with this mod
preview.jpg

Hello,

I'm not at home and I'm currently working on an engine tuner app.
Can someone post the "engine.ini" of a car with at least one turbo ?

Thanks in advance.

EDIT: Forget it ; I've found one.

Last edited:
X90
Was just about to post this! As if like magic, we have summoned him!

Great news.
Maybe we should try the same summoning spell with PM3DM and their touring cars..?

Note, my adboard/branding skin for Heart Lake is no longer 100% compatible with the track after these new updates. It still replaces some boards, but not all as previously.
I might get around to updating it, but the track now comes with a few skins anyway.

Peugeot 106 procar 1998 skin + car 2k/4k/6k
download instructions in the download section

car is by BE_MODDING

certain minor things i couldn't get done but overall a pretty decent representation

View attachment 1313776

View attachment 1313777
The car mod looks good with only 135k triangles
let me give you some advice about the textures and the livery skins
1. Making skins more than 4k is completely useless and you are just wasting your time.(take an example from my 12k skin for the GTR Kunos & the HDR skin for the Rena's Mclaren) is the 12k 506MB and the HDR 4k 340MB for a skin useless ? the answer is yes
2. The problem is in the UVM map. By increasing the resolution up to 4k the only thing you accomplish is more MB which results in an unoptimized mod, your only solution is to make the part that I show you, in red square bigger,
and then you will have a better resolution by 2k and 1k
3. Try to keep the car mod folder as clear as possible, which means don't put unnecessary stuff inside the folder(like photos and the .PSD file. keep your work secret ;)
4. try to make those changes and I will help you with the texture(dirt,damage,etc..) and LODs if you can do them
body.jpg
205_ruote.jpg

Guerilla Mod's E46 M3 GTR is out...

One complaint, looks like the car is sequential, when the these cars were famously 3 pedal manual cars....

Yeah, quite a strange oversight, and the data seems to be encrypted so there's no quick fix with SUPPORTS_SHIFTER=1.
Here's a (IMO) nicer shifting animation, just remove the .txt extension.
I'd like to slow the animation timing down a little, but can't decrypt the data to access driver3d.ini

Attachments

• shift.ksanim.txt
    235.9 KB · Views: 17
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back