Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Hello Everyone,

I write here because i have a little problem in race with RSS Formula Hybrid 2023. Last day i try to do a race of 40 laps and with last CSP preview, some AI start in C5 compound (i dont know why but with the last CSP AI choose their compound in race - it was not the case before).
But after 15-16 laps, when their tyres was completely done, they never go to pits anyway. They just continue to race, driving slowly and slowly. At the end of the race, they crashed everywhere.
Did someone know how to fix this ? I try to find if an option in CSP caused this but i did'nt find.

Thank you

Well, seems like that for me on CSP 0.2.3p1 (SOL 2.29 + Pure 0.225) AI is completly broken.
Several tracks + cars combos = AI drivers stuck on start an if I drive throu them - then they slooooowly start to ride, one-by-one.
Any thougts what could caused that?
Interesting that other people are reporting this. Perhaps it's just a bug with CSP then.

I think I'm just going to release my AI line then and see what people say.

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, this car is way too slow (4:30s on the Le Mans circuit, so more like GT4 cars) and narrower than GT3 (the body kit coming from the road version of the car made by triple7 as the author of the mod said below video). Does anyone have another shot? :) LP Design Ford Mustang GT3 2024 looks great, the pace is good and very similar to other cars from the class... Unfortunately, stupid encryption does not allow me to change anything in the data file and complete small details like fuel consumption, etc. So... LP Design's mod is useless and pretty only, Zikas' mod is too slow to compete with GT3s... Any ideas? Has anyone announced such a mod (2024 Mustang GT3 for WEC/IMSA grid) and is worth waiting for?

Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, this car is way too slow (4:30s on the Le Mans circuit, so more like GT4 cars) and narrower than GT3 (the body kit coming from the road version of the car made by triple7 as the author of the mod said below video). Does anyone have another shot? :) LP Design Ford Mustang GT3 2024 looks great, the pace is good and very similar to other cars from the class... Unfortunately, stupid encryption does not allow me to change anything in the data file and complete small details like fuel consumption, etc. So... LP Design's mod is useless and pretty only, Zikas' mod is too slow to compete with GT3s... Any ideas? Has anyone announced such a mod (2024 Mustang GT3 for WEC/IMSA grid) and is worth waiting for?
Why do you think it´s encrypted? I can un-pack and re-pack the data with CM easily.

X90
Interesting that other people are reporting this. Perhaps it's just a bug with CSP then.

I think I'm just going to release my AI line then and see what people say.
I can also confirm... The AI won't even leave the pits in several circuits in weekend mode... I hope Ilja finally fixes the AI soon! It's really frustrating to see it being ******d up in some way after almost every new CSP version release!

Also, I would really appreciate it if someone could send me some good AI line files (fast lane, pit lane, side lines, hints, ideal line) for rt_bathurst. 2:10 for GT3 is W-A-Y too slow...

Why do you think it´s encrypted? I can un-pack and re-pack the data with CM easily.
After changing the data.acd file (only one parameter, i.e. fuel consumption) and repacking it, I can no longer enter the game with this car. AI cars also have the same error: "Failed to decrypt model" and the game crashed. I can continue loading, but then the car has broken graphics (full of triangles). I've read a lot of forums and it follows that the car must have encrypted not only the kn5 files but also the data.acd file... I don't know much about it, I'm not a modder. I wanted to adapt the car to my GT3 grid for the new season (I do it for all cars to compete with each other). However, the LP Design's Ford (version 1.0) does not work when data is changed and repacked. Without packing, the change does not appear, of course (the car consumes the same amount of fuel as before the change). Any ideas? Thoughts? Solutions?

All right, I've released the AI for RMi_wood's Grid: Autosport Washington DC conversion, both on RD and here on GTP.

1702138415528-png.1310196

Not thrilled about releasing the line with the cars not starting issue, but after seeing multiple people here in the thread and on Ilja's Patreon reporting the exact same problem with other combos, I figured it may be a global problem with the latest CSP and not my line methodology.

RaceDepartment:

RaceDepartment DC AI

GTP:

GTP DC AI

Cheers to RMi for the excellent track, and for the screenshots (which I intend to replace with my own - sadly a week of racing removed my race replays out of the queue).

It will be pre-1.0 until it works properly - whether that's dependent on CSP updates or not.

Last edited:
@TheNuvolari

Wow, no question, the mod is really awesome, I love this car.

Sure, the car has a small problem with the size, (5%-10%) but it's nothing earth-shattering, by any means, and VR isn't the standard anyway.

Really, thank you for your hard and good work!
Well, everything always looks smaller next to a modern skyline GTR, anyway. And I think the 400z is supposed to be slighly smaller than the previous 370/350 (might be wrong there).

Honestly, it's not shocking right here.
@Masscot maybe your standard Z400 is too big :lol:

Well, everything always looks smaller next to a modern skyline GTR, anyway. And I think the 400z is supposed to be slighly smaller than the previous 370/350 (might be wrong there).

Honestly, it's not shocking right here.
@Masscot maybe your standard Z400 is too big :lol:
The 400z and 370z share exactly the same wheelbase (2,550mm) but the 400z bodywork is about 140mm longer overall. But those are the production cars, not the race versions.

Maybe I got it completely wrong and the car is actually too big? The driver is actually 6'3".

1704755817806.jpeg

All joking aside, I'm sure @TheNuvolari will investigate and let us know what's what.
Could be the car just feels small because of the cramped cockpit and tiny driver.

Last edited:
Hi all,
I am trying to find a good or the best available 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302, free or paid versions is fine.
I do have a few Mustangs from this era including the ones from Joshua Widder but I feel they still aren't as good as they could be.
If anyone knows of any really top notch Mustangs and could point me in their direction it would be much appreciated.

Hi all,
I am trying to find a good or the best available 1970 Ford Mustang Boss 302, free or paid versions is fine.
I do have a few Mustangs from this era including the ones from Joshua Widder but I feel they still aren't as good as they could be.
If anyone knows of any really top notch Mustangs and could point me in their direction it would be much appreciated.
Road cars only, or perhaps the Mustard Bull?

TVR T400R beta 0.1b

Minor fixes:

1) Corrected the name of the main folder with only lowercase letters;
2) Slightly improved Lods with associated flickering problem resolved;
3) Increased engine damage threshold from 7500 rpm to 7600 rpm;
4) Reduced gear change up time. According to what I saw in an onboard, the car does not allow flat foot shifting and requires heel toe when downshifting. Now you can change a little more easily;
5) Fixed a mesh disappearing when cockpit_lr is loaded;
6) Fixed wobbly brake discs on the right side;

I recommend a clean installation. :D

EDIT: For those who have already downloaded it: re-download it from the same link above to fix the brake discs.

Sequential shifter fix --> https://mega.nz/file/WlBgRZCa#vPYCiFYrDL8wr5vvfbG6K7qwTzLOL_75DIjTorXtHNs

View attachment 1316271
Great work on the model detail. Looks fantastic. Some suggestions for the next update. Take a look at:
http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/tvr-tuscan-t400r

Your model is 180mm too wide and 200mm too long. Wheelbase is also 229mm too long. Height is about right so you will need to do some rescaling. Try and have all your body parts external of your cockpit in one parent (eg CHASSIS_TVR). This will make rescaling much easier.
Compare to my GTR2 conversion on the right which has the correct dims:
__custom_showroom_1704796717.jpg

Also try and change the main body shader to ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt, so the body will show dirt and damage when appropriate.
Wheels and tyres are a bit large for what they ran on these cars. It should be something like this:
[FRONT]
WIDTH=0.262
RADIUS=0.3235
RIM_RADIUS=0.254

[REAR]
WIDTH=0.292
RADIUS=0.340
RIM_RADIUS=0.254

Physics there are a few things as well. Some here have touched on the gear change times. Data taken from Xtrac for sequential change should be like this:
[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=100
CHANGE_DN_TIME=150
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=100 this should align with the same in ai.ini and AUTO SHIFT at the end of drivetrain.ini

You should also raise your engine damage rpm point to be above your rev limit point. If you have it close, put a hard cut on the limiter frequency at 333Hz.
The power.lut shows no transmission loss. On this car I expect it would be at least 11%.
The car weight is 70kg too light as well.

As you know, I'd like to be able to present the most complete listing possible, but I must inform you that due to disagreement with ACTK over his monetization policy, his tracks are no longer visible in the listing (and consequently, the links are no longer available).
If one day he decides to stop monetizing the work of others, his links will be visible again.

Vous le savez, je souhaite pouvoir présenter le listing le plus complet possible mais je dois vous informer qu'en raison de désaccord avec ACTK quant à sa politique de monétisation, ses tracés ne sont plus visibles dans le listing (et par conséquent, les liens ne sont plus disponibles).
Si un jour il se décide à arrêter de monétiser le travail des autres, ses liens seront à nouveau visibles.

As you know, I'd like to be able to present the most complete listing possible, but I must inform you that due to disagreement with ACTK over his monetization policy, his tracks are no longer visible in the listing (and consequently, the links are no longer available).
If one day he decides to stop monetizing the work of others, his links will be visible again.

Vous le savez, je souhaite pouvoir présenter le listing le plus complet possible mais je dois vous informer qu'en raison de désaccord avec ACTK quant à sa politique de monétisation, ses tracés ne sont plus visibles dans le listing (et par conséquent, les liens ne sont plus disponibles).
Si un jour il se décide à arrêter de monétiser le travail des autres, ses liens seront à nouveau visibles.
Keep up your good work and KUCF this fool!

IMG_7225.gif

Great work on the model detail. Looks fantastic. Some suggestions for the next update. Take a look at:
http://tech-racingcars.wikidot.com/tvr-tuscan-t400r

Your model is 180mm too wide and 200mm too long. Wheelbase is also 229mm too long. Height is about right so you will need to do some rescaling. Try and have all your body parts external of your cockpit in one parent (eg CHASSIS_TVR). This will make rescaling much easier.
Compare to my GTR2 conversion on the right which has the correct dims:
View attachment 1317852

Also try and change the main body shader to ksPerPixelMultiMap_damage_dirt, so the body will show dirt and damage when appropriate.
Wheels and tyres are a bit large for what they ran on these cars. It should be something like this:
[FRONT]
WIDTH=0.262
RADIUS=0.3235
RIM_RADIUS=0.254

[REAR]
WIDTH=0.292
RADIUS=0.340
RIM_RADIUS=0.254

Physics there are a few things as well. Some here have touched on the gear change times. Data taken from Xtrac for sequential change should be like this:
[GEARBOX]
CHANGE_UP_TIME=100
CHANGE_DN_TIME=150
AUTO_CUTOFF_TIME=100 this should align with the same in ai.ini and AUTO SHIFT at the end of drivetrain.ini

You should also raise your engine damage rpm point to be above your rev limit point. If you have it close, put a hard cut on the limiter frequency at 333Hz.
The power.lut shows no transmission loss. On this car I expect it would be at least 11%.
The car weight is 70kg too light as well.

Regarding the dimensions I exposed the problem a few of my posts ago. In essence (see image below) the car is microscopic compared to the RSS 360 GTC. Based on the measurements I found regarding the t400r, it should be 10 cm shorter than the 360 Modena and more or less the same height (by scaling the model with the proportions of the gtr2 it becomes slightly wider). I was forced to scale the model also because the driver did not fit into the cockpit except making it as small as Tsunoda (this is where Tsunoda's TVR was born). This led to larger tire sizes, it's true, otherwise they would be clipped in the asphalt.I measured everything in blender and technically it should now be compliant. The doubt now is that GTR2 uses a slightly different scale or that Blender has made some mess.I'll fix the rest straight away. :dopey:

1704820330046.png

1704820350081.png

1704820851147.png
1704820865408.png

I used this data for the upscaling. Lunghezza in italian means lenght (4.557 against 4.404). You can see that the typhon/t400r/t440r is also higher than a 360 gtc. The only "wrong" value is the width, my tvr is basically a little wider than the ferrari, but I used a complete scaling method (X,Y,Z) to match more or less what the data is saying about these two cars. Obviously they won't be precise to the millimeter, but at least we're about there. Unfortunately this thing drove me crazy.

I didn't use the damage dirt shader because it crashes AC. I get an error saying something like "failed to reset dirt level" or something similar. I thought it was just the tvr but in reality it happens regardless, so I had to completely deactivate it.

I voluntarily decided (mistakenly perhaps) to set the engine damage before the redline because as I understand the speedsix on this car doesn't like high temperatures very much and tends to fail easily. Since I don't know if you can cause engine damage based on temperature like on gtr2, I decided to introduce the "if you don't want to break it, don't pull its neck too much" mode. 😂

For the weight via cm I indicated that the 1100kg is the sole weight of the car without a driver

Last edited:
I was forced to scale the model also because the driver did not fit into the cockpit...
Am I reading this right - you scaled the whole car so that a particular driver (steer.ksanim) would fit in the cockpit?
Scaling the driver (or selecting another one with different posture) takes just a couple of minutes.
Much easier (and far more correct for a whole host of reasons) to get the driver to fit the car than the other way around.

Last edited:
Am I reading this right - you scaled the whole car so that a particular driver (steer.ksanim) would fit in the cockpit?
Scaling the driver (or selecting another one with different posture) takes just a couple of minutes.
Much easier (and more correct) to get the driver to fit the car than the other way around.
No Sir, it was one of the factors that made me realize something was wrong. I could have also done the driver scaling via cm, but there were a few things out of place. Having a backup of the pre scaling version I can easily return to the dimensions of gtr2 anyway, but in any case even just the steering wheel or the elements of the car were very small compared to the 360 gtc (taken as a reference because it should have the same dimensions as mentioned above)

1704822561776.png

Original TVR against 360 GTC. That difference is 53 cm.

Edit: I just measured the original car (tsunoda version) and it is 3.9 m long, excluding the splitter (which are not used on the road version).

Last edited:
View attachment 1317902

Do we know where this information is pulled from? I've looked in the data folder multiple times and haven't found it.
It's pulled from where those parameters are in the data. The tyres.ini has a version number. The turbo parameters have a setting for adjustable turbo in engine.ini. Brake balance in brakes.ini. Drivetrain.ini shows the gear change method and how many gears.

MSA britcar 24hr endurance seat leon mk1 2-4k (skin+car)

car is by be_modding

2k skin is in the main car folder, 4k fitted by default

i made the skin (recently) and swapped the physics out a long time ago i cannot remember what car i used as it was months ago i did it, feels much better for me on controller, what its like on a sim rig i have no clue.

Outside is not too bad the inside needs a bit of work here and there, a fair bit actually but it's serviceable just not pretty in places. The real life counterpart had rolled front arches i cant replicate that without going into 3d software i wasn't going to skin this car but i cannot see a 100% accurate model ever being made/ported to assetto so i decided to go ahead and get it done this car only had 1 skin for it so wanted to give it 1 more.

I have painted the wheels black as they should be but in game as soon as you start rolling the wheels turn white, i cannot change this. Also the tyre walls in real life were black with no writing on them just incase you thought i missed texturing the tyre side walls

windows are not mapped inside apart from the front screen, so anything on the side or back windows will not show from the inside.

If the windows look a little milky in the CM preview they will look fine in CM showroom and in game it's what CM does to the picture and i haven't got around to fiddling with all the settings

CM drag and drop installation

Screenshot (364).png

Last edited:
İf there is reboot team member here, i want to ask if pcars3 tracks are possible to convert to ac ? Because nenkai updated the pcarstools to support the pc3 MEB files .https://github.com/Nenkai/PCarsTools/releases

Last edited:
Thanks for pointing that out. How can i recognize whether the track is encrypted or not? Are there any good unencrypted touges?
Unless you want to edit it (extract textures, editing it in 3D software) there's no reason to recognize them, you can use them without any issue. The problem came out only in case of editing. About touges track, no idea, i can't help you

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back