Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
No Sir, it was one of the factors that made me realize something was wrong. I could have also done the driver scaling via cm, but there were a few things out of place. Having a backup of the pre scaling version I can easily return to the dimensions of gtr2 anyway, but in any case even just the steering wheel or the elements of the car were very small compared to the 360 gtc (taken as a reference because it should have the same dimensions as mentioned above)

View attachment 1317912

Original TVR against 360 GTC. That difference is 53 cm.

Edit: I just measured the original car (tsunoda version) and it is 3.9 m long, excluding the splitter (which are not used on the road version).
Are you making it as a 440R or as a 400R? I doubt that the specs on tech racing wikidot are incorrect.
I am curious, did you check the specs of the 360 Modena against the RSS model? RSS don't necessarily make their cars exact to what we think they are, probably due to licensing reasons. I know their physics are not all accurate.
To me, on track, your model looks the size of a Corvette especially in the width.
The important thing from a physics point is to have the wheelbase and width correct which then affects the track and will allow more accurate tyre sizing.

I had the same problem with the driver on my gtr2 model but I managed to make it work with the animated shifter and seat belts.
Strange that your system crashes with the damage/dirt shader. I make all my cars with it now and have no issues. Maybe it's the textures you tried? The ones from kunos models should work but I use the ones from the Assetto garage (AG) Audi R8 LMP which work well

Fooling around a little with Mugello. Maybe I need to brown it up a bit to match the stock look, but the weird 'crop circles' are gone from the outlying grass areas.

mugello1.jpg

mugello2.jpg

Last edited:
Are you making it as a 440R or as a 400R? I doubt that the specs on tech racing wikidot are incorrect.
I am curious, did you check the specs of the 360 Modena against the RSS model? RSS don't necessarily make their cars exact to what we think they are, probably due to licensing reasons. I know their physics are not all accurate.
To me, on track, your model looks the size of a Corvette especially in the width.
The important thing from a physics point is to have the wheelbase and width correct which then affects the track and will allow more accurate tyre sizing.

I had the same problem with the driver on my gtr2 model but I managed to make it work with the animated shifter and seat belts.
Strange that your system crashes with the damage/dirt shader. I make all my cars with it now and have no issues. Maybe it's the textures you tried? The ones from kunos models should work but I use the ones from the Assetto garage (AG) Audi R8 LMP which work well
Let me explain.

From what emerged from my research, the TVR Typhon/Tuscan T400R/T440R are practically the same car whose name has changed over time. So the blueprint with the measurements (the one I posted previously) is valid for all three denominations. The first thing I did was to measure both models in length. Once I imported the models into blender, I measured them:

360 gtc/modena by RSS--> 4.48 m (0.026 m less than the real Ferrari measurements)

TVR converted from GTR2 without modifications --> 3.90m (50 and more cm less than the blueprint)

TVR upscaled --> 4.42 (0.02 m more than the blueprint)

Let's say that 0.02m are negligible margins of error, 50 and more cm are not.If the GTR2 model was exactly proportioned, the other two dimensions should also be approximately correct. Unfortunately, as you may have noticed, only the width is slightly off (1.85 over mirror against the upscaled 1.87 and 1.77 against 1.90 upscaled*) . The only thing I can think of is that the model isn't perfectly proportioned. The other element that makes me understand that the measurements in the blueprint are actually his is that the wheelbase coincides with the upscaled 3D model (2.574 brought to 2.58 in AC for that 0.02 difference in length). If the length coincides, the wheelbase as well as the height, then I assume that the model had to be upscaled.

As for the wheels, I have to explain myself better this time too. The dimensions were deliberately increased to avoid clipping with the asphalt (beta version) because I had already enlarged them in the Tsunoda version trying to respect the measurements (by doing the upscaling they became larger, now I have already fixed them with the right measurements).

Having read that in GTR2 there are several errors in aerodynamics, physics, etc., I wouldn't want them to have also been made on a graphic/measurement level.

EDIT: let's be clear, I don't want to impose myself. I've just checked and experimented several times and I've come to this conclusion.:cheers:

*1.90 refers to the width at the rear, the widest part of the car. Tightening it by 0.12 it would no longer have the over mirror measurements, so I assume it has been widened in the racing version or in any case it is not exactly like in reality.

Last edited:
Does anyone knows if there is any grass extension config to Terra's Reims 67?

I was using Gilles' version until recently, but I ended up discovering this Terra version, which is much more detailed and eye-candy. The only downfall is that it doesn´t have grass.

As promised, here is the track skin needed to make the grass in the center of the track match better. I don't believe it impacts anything else on the track, but please let me know if it does. If you are only interested in changing the grass, just extract and enable the Grass skin from the skins\cm_skins folder. It should work fine with the CM\CSP config for the track.

I also included the my own fork of the CSP config because as usual, I needed things darker than the CSP config. To try my modifications, also extract the files in the extension folder. You can make adjustments to anything I changed if you need things brighter or darker by editing the values for materials in the Shader Stuff section of the config. If you like those changes, then you can extract the files for the two f1 layouts so that those layouts will look the same as the regular track with my config.

Imola Mod
Imola looks so great
Thanks

Grass and Grooves : racinjoe013
Trees : TheNuvolari
balloons,billboards etc. : Delta7Fox
Screenshot_some1_acura_nsx_1994_imola_10-0-124-4-6-3.jpg
Screenshot_ks_mazda_rx7_tuned_imola_10-0-124-3-11-54.jpg

Screenshot_ddm_toyota_supra_ma70_imola_10-0-124-3-10-46.jpg

Radical SR8-RX v1.01

1704866593651.jpeg

changelog v1.01
  • tires adjusted/normalied for grip/wear across compounds
  • brake.ini HEADER fixed and small reduction in brake power
  • base FFB raised a small ammount
features:
  • dyno matched powerplant
  • real spec drivetrain
  • front canards visuals matched to wing value
  • 26 team liveries
  • complete specs and tuning documentation from Radical (./dev-info folder)
  • super fun for hotlapping, AI and hilclimb

:: DOWNLOAD v1.01 ::
Little patch for my Radical SR8-RX
- fixed exhaust/smoke location

Car download ::here::

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    10.4 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
shi
Hitchin Town v1.01

View attachment 1317326
Fictional street circuit in England.
Conversion from GTR2.

-CSP recommended
-24 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
GTR2 Original Track by Richard Lovewell
-I tried to contact them but could not find their contact information. Thank you for his work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member Steven Barnes.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;
Added spectators. (Thanks Alguecool for the suggestion.)

Hitchin Town v1.01
The link is in the quote.

v1.01 changelog;
Added spectators. (Thanks @Alguecool for the suggestion.)
Screenshot_afr_honda_civic_3_hitchin_town_8-0-124-19-39-33.jpg

Let me explain.

From what emerged from my research, the TVR Typhon/Tuscan T400R/T440R are practically the same car whose name has changed over time. So the blueprint with the measurements (the one I posted previously) is valid for all three denominations. The first thing I did was to measure both models in length. Once I imported the models into blender, I measured them:

360 gtc/modena by RSS--> 4.48 m (0.026 m less than the real Ferrari measurements)

TVR converted from GTR2 without modifications --> 3.90m (50 and more cm less than the blueprint)

TVR upscaled --> 4.42 (0.02 m more than the blueprint)

Let's say that 0.02m are negligible margins of error, 50 and more cm are not.If the GTR2 model was exactly proportioned, the other two dimensions should also be approximately correct. Unfortunately, as you may have noticed, only the width is slightly off (1.85 over mirror against the upscaled 1.87 and 1.77 against 1.90 upscaled*) . The only thing I can think of is that the model isn't perfectly proportioned. The other element that makes me understand that the measurements in the blueprint are actually his is that the wheelbase coincides with the upscaled 3D model (2.574 brought to 2.58 in AC for that 0.02 difference in length). If the length coincides, the wheelbase as well as the height, then I assume that the model had to be upscaled.

As for the wheels, I have to explain myself better this time too. The dimensions were deliberately increased to avoid clipping with the asphalt (beta version) because I had already enlarged them in the Tsunoda version trying to respect the measurements (by doing the upscaling they became larger, now I have already fixed them with the right measurements).

Having read that in GTR2 there are several errors in aerodynamics, physics, etc., I wouldn't want them to have also been made on a graphic/measurement level.

EDIT: let's be clear, I don't want to impose myself. I've just checked and experimented several times and I've come to this conclusion.:cheers:

*1.90 refers to the width at the rear, the widest part of the car. Tightening it by 0.12 it would no longer have the over mirror measurements, so I assume it has been widened in the racing version or in any case it is not exactly like in reality.
The plot thickens on the TVR 400R. Only 7 ever built for competition. It appears the first 3 at least built in 2001 indeed have the smaller dims which it seems likely is the same as TVR Tuscan road car and what tech-racingcars.wikidot have quoted. The last 4 which I gather is the 2 Chamberlain and 2 LNT cars have the larger dims listed here:
https://auto-specs.zercustoms.com/t/tvr/2003-tvr-tuscan-t440r-specifications.html
length 4367 mm / 171.9 in
width 1880 mm / 74.0 in
height 1210 mm / 47.6 in
No reference anywhere to the wheelbase spec but you assume it has to be longer and your picture previously mentioned is the only one that is quoting a wheel base.

Check this page if you haven't already, you can really see the difference in width from the photos between the earlier cars and the later ones.
https://archive.dailysportscar.com/subscribers/cars/tvrt400.htm
So it appears there are two versions raced.

How I checked your model size was in CM by making the inertia box fit the car:
__custom_showroom_1704883657.jpg

INERTIA=1.990,1.2,4.435

My GTR2 model has the earlier width of 1.81m and wheelbase of 2.361 but it is a bit short, longer then 3.9 but around 4.1.
We can now assume that SimBin modelled their version off the earlier race car.

You could safely scale your model back a bit to the quoted 2003 spec.
As for tyre clipping the tarmac, getting the model size close to what is listed in tyres.ini solves this issue.

That's the great thing about AC! You can do it instead of waiting for someone else to fulfill your every need.
There's even tutorial videos to help you out and get you going!
I get this but I like to leave stuff like this to the people that are best at it... Could you create one please :) All I need is the a.i to be much faster around that 1 corner...

Last edited:
The plot thickens on the TVR 400R. Only 7 ever built for competition. It appears the first 3 at least built in 2001 indeed have the smaller dims which it seems likely is the same as TVR Tuscan road car and what tech-racingcars.wikidot have quoted. The last 4 which I gather is the 2 Chamberlain and 2 LNT cars have the larger dims listed here:
https://auto-specs.zercustoms.com/t/tvr/2003-tvr-tuscan-t440r-specifications.html
length 4367 mm / 171.9 in
width 1880 mm / 74.0 in
height 1210 mm / 47.6 in
No reference anywhere to the wheelbase spec but you assume it has to be longer and your picture previously mentioned is the only one that is quoting a wheel base.

Check this page if you haven't already, you can really see the difference in width from the photos between the earlier cars and the later ones.
https://archive.dailysportscar.com/subscribers/cars/tvrt400.htm
So it appears there are two versions raced.

How I checked your model size was in CM by making the inertia box fit the car:
View attachment 1318069
INERTIA=1.990,1.2,4.435

My GTR2 model has the earlier width of 1.81m and wheelbase of 2.361 but it is a bit short, longer then 3.9 but around 4.1.
We can now assume that SimBin modelled their version off the earlier race car.

You could safely scale your model back a bit to the quoted 2003 spec.
As for tyre clipping the tarmac, getting the model size close to what is listed in tyres.ini solves this issue.
I was aware of the existence of multiple chassis but I thought that the differences were related to some differences in the bodywork and not on the chassis itself. If simbin modeled the 2004 t400r on the 2001 chassis, (if I'm not mistaken the one that was also called DeWalt car due to the iconic livery), the smaller one, then I understand why I didn't understand what was wrong with the measurements.

First of all, thank you for your patience and for giving me a hand. :D The certain thing is that I can scale the model to fit the 2003 measurements, but I won't do it right away. Since this car is constantly evolving, I will downscale from 4.4m to 4.3m when I am sure I no longer have to touch either the 3D elements or the LODs.
😂 ...

Jokes aside, it's incredible how much automotive culture you can learn here... and also see that sometimes it's possible to maintain a controversy in a forum in a polite manner, without starting a fight...
Yes, sometimes we are able to enjoy our cake without a food fight
I believe that passions should unite people and not divide them. :cheers:

HI, Is it possible TO REDUCE the number of RPM of a car engine?
The file is in data.acd format and I can't open it, maybe you can add some lines in the extension config file??
Thank you very much!!

HI, Is it possible TO REDUCE the number of RPM of a car engine?
The file is in data.acd format and I can't open it, maybe you can add some lines in the extension config file??
Thank you very much!!
Unpack data (Alt + J in car's content tab), delete data.acd, go to data-folder, edit engine.ini (engine data, limiter value).

I might be quite late to the party, but is there a new version available/soon to be of the WSC legends pack ? I managed to get a few corrections for driver position/steer animation/materials that were wrong but can't change the wheel rotation speed for the corvette and the GT40 X1, becauuuuuse encryyyypt...

Gonna be honest, I've been quite lazy with the progress, motivation being a huge issue, that said both 2011 mod and FVA are near completion, and should be done in january.

As for 2010, the guy with who i was working to make physics for each cars isn't much available right now, so for now i'll just push a version that will have FVA F10 physics (the first version before i switched to another much precise physics set) for all cars, better than nothing as it will make those cars more drivable without the adrian newey supercheat, and also setup capable.

For the 2008 mod, i don't have much plans for it rn
OK thank you. So you will be releasing F1 2011 soon and also updating some first physics for 2010, right? . For 2008 there are only some graphic bugs with the Neck activated that I noticed especially from the internal cameras (like Renault or Force India). Thank you so much 💪

OK thank you. So you will be releasing F1 2011 soon and also updating some first physics for 2010, right? . For 2008 there are only some graphic bugs with the Neck activated that I noticed especially from the internal cameras (like Renault or Force India). Thank you so much 💪
It's the plan.

I've found someone to help me with the physics, so it should be

F1 2011 initial Release (or per cars physics? Depends on if the progress is too slow)

F1 2010 per car physics

F1 2008 per car physics and graphical fixes

FVA mod somewhere in between.

And somewhere after a BMW Sauber 2008 mod using a high quality blender model I've bought. (It'll be a huge pain in the ass to pull it off though)

It's the plan.

I've found someone to help me with the physics, so it should be

F1 2011 initial Release (or per cars physics? Depends on if the progress is too slow)

F1 2010 per car physics

F1 2008 per car physics and graphical fixes

FVA mod somewhere in between.

And somewhere after a BMW Sauber 2008 mod using a high quality blender model I've bought. (It'll be a huge pain in the ass to pull it off though)
You'll do a great job. We therefore await the F12011 soon and the updates to follow.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is FVA?
Thanks and good job

You'll do a great job. We therefore await the F12011 soon and the updates to follow.
Sorry for my ignorance, but what is FVA?
Thanks and good job
A revival of the Ferrari Virtual Academy ( a sim released by kunos before Assetto Corsa). As it is my heart project, I'm taking the time needed to polish it. While doing exepriments on F1 season mods to learn more about modding.

Last edited:
A revival of the Ferrari Virtual Academy ( a sim released by kunos before Assetto Corsa). As it is my heart project, I'm taking the time needed to polish it. While doing exepriments on F1 season mods to learn more about modding.

wuauuu...great..thank you

Yeah, it's v0.2. There's a config file on GitHub with GrassFX; I just put it in my track folder because I like to have everything self-contained. @twobegreen's great rotating windmill code and the RainFX code can be added to that.
Thank you. Now I noticed the corresponding .ini is already downloaded via CM, so all good. Speaking about that track, is there a possibility to re-work these powerlines here?

1704919076542.png

Making them a little bit thinner at least?

Thank you. Now I noticed the corresponding .ini is already downloaded via CM, so all good. Speaking about that track, is there a possibility to re-work these powerlines here?

View attachment 1318206

Making them a little bit thinner at least?
You could try Mascot's cable line fix, assuming those powerlines are there own separate mesh\material and not part of a bigger mesh that includes the poles.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back