Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,840 comments
I've recently been having a problem with ac where whenever I start a race, all the cars will freeze within the first 5 seconds of the race. The game itself won't freeze as I still I am still able to move my camera around and trackside objects are still moving around normally but the cars themselves still suddenly freeze to halt and then go back to normal. This happens online as well.

It's the plan.

I've found someone to help me with the physics, so it should be

F1 2011 initial Release (or per cars physics? Depends on if the progress is too slow)

F1 2010 per car physics

F1 2008 per car physics and graphical fixes

FVA mod somewhere in between.

And somewhere after a BMW Sauber 2008 mod using a high quality blender model I've bought. (It'll be a huge pain in the ass to pull it off though)
Sorry again, another thing I noticed and if you want to update, are the textures of the tires of the f1 2010; Only Ferrari, Mclaren and RedBull have good quality... why?

Sorry again, another thing I noticed and if you want to update, are the textures of the tires of the f1 2010; Only Ferrari, Mclaren and RedBull have good quality... why?
No, it's an entire different tyre model.

Basically there's the Full squad converted from F1 2010, ferrari redbull mclaren renault force india virgin etc etc. And they use F1 2010 default tyre model. I've kept them because I found them cool and I'm drunk with nostalgia.

Then I also added as a bonus F1 2020 classic cars, they had 3 2010 cars they "remastered" for F1 2020. Ferrari (Fduct version, Mclaren, Redbull)

Those 3 cars are a higher quality than F1 2010 models, So obviously I won't put F1 2010 tyres on it. So I've used the tyres I would release with the F10 from FVA. They do match quite perfectly the real life bridgestone tyre, and thanks to Ignacy the textures looks dope. So those cars deserved it.

But well nobody really liked F1 2010 tyres as much as I did so I guess I'll remove them completely and just use that tyre model for every cars (and keep a F1 2010 version for myself)

No, it's an entire different tyre model.

Basically there's the Full squad converted from F1 2010, ferrari redbull mclaren renault force india virgin etc etc. And they use F1 2010 default tyre model. I've kept them because I found them cool and I'm drunk with nostalgia.

Then I also added as a bonus F1 2020 classic cars, they had 3 2010 cars they "remastered" for F1 2020. Ferrari (Fduct version, Mclaren, Redbull)

Those 3 cars are a higher quality than F1 2010 models, So obviously I won't put F1 2010 tyres on it. So I've used the tyres I would release with the F10 from FVA. They do match quite perfectly the real life bridgestone tyre, and thanks to Ignacy the textures looks dope. So those cars deserved it.

But well nobody really liked F1 2010 tyres as much as I did so I guess I'll remove them completely and just use that tyre model for every cars (and keep a F1 2010 version for myself)
Thank you for your patience

Thank you. Now I noticed the corresponding .ini is already downloaded via CM, so all good. Speaking about that track, is there a possibility to re-work these powerlines here?

View attachment 1318206

Making them a little bit thinner at least?

I tried, but unfortunately the poles and cables are the same mesh, so the poles get transparent with your fix. :(

Thank you. Now I noticed the corresponding .ini is already downloaded via CM, so all good. Speaking about that track, is there a possibility to re-work these powerlines here?

View attachment 1318206

Making them a little bit thinner at least?

I tried, but unfortunately the poles and cables are the same mesh, so the poles get transparent with your fix. :(
Seems to have worked for me:

lemacables.png

As promised, here is the track skin needed to make the grass in the center of the track match better. I don't believe it impacts anything else on the track, but please let me know if it does. If you are only interested in changing the grass, just extract and enable the Grass skin from the skins\cm_skins folder. It should work fine with the CM\CSP config for the track.

I also included the my own fork of the CSP config because as usual, I needed things darker than the CSP config. To try my modifications, also extract the files in the extension folder. You can make adjustments to anything I changed if you need things brighter or darker by editing the values for materials in the Shader Stuff section of the config. If you like those changes, then you can extract the files for the two f1 layouts so that those layouts will look the same as the regular track with my config.

Imola Mod
I added a couple of sets of VAOs to the package because i'm not a fan of the extremely black tree shadows the CM\CSP vao patch has. There are lighter and darker versions with the only difference being how dark the shadows are. Neither one is as dark as the CSP patch. Just use the link in the quote if you'd like to try them out.

In general, what's the best BMW M1 Procar mod? I know they all use the same inaccurately large model, but there's probably 20 different versions of it. Which of these different versions is the best overall? Does anyone know?

I was aware of the existence of multiple chassis but I thought that the differences were related to some differences in the bodywork and not on the chassis itself. If simbin modeled the 2004 t400r on the 2001 chassis, (if I'm not mistaken the one that was also called DeWalt car due to the iconic livery), the smaller one, then I understand why I didn't understand what was wrong with the measurements.

First of all, thank you for your patience and for giving me a hand. :D The certain thing is that I can scale the model to fit the 2003 measurements, but I won't do it right away. Since this car is constantly evolving, I will downscale from 4.4m to 4.3m when I am sure I no longer have to touch either the 3D elements or the LODs.

I believe that passions should unite people and not divide them. :cheers:
The first three shown in that daily sports car article are the early type such as the Roll centre car. I think the De Walt car evolved from one of those.
It has been quite a project for you so your strategy makes sense. Fantastic amount of detail as well.
One thing I noticed about the side lights is they are supposed to be emissive position. To make that work you will need to seperate just the side light object into 3, eg side_light01, 02, 03, so they illuminate at any time if the car is in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. Let me know if you need the CSP script for that.

In general, what's the best BMW M1 Procar mod? I know they all use the same inaccurately large model, but there's probably 20 different versions of it. Which of these different versions is the best overall? Does anyone know?
i picked this one. Looks great and i have great fun albeit on a controller. I did try about 4/5 i also kept the one by F302 aswell.
Screenshot (368).png

Are you applying the cable texture and shader values to the material or the mesh? Objects can share the same material even if they are separate meshes. So if you apply it to a material, it can impact other things. If they are separate meshes, you just use the mesh name instead of the material name. Use MESHES= instead of MATERIALS =. I don't have the track or I would check for you.

EDIT: Just downloaded the track and I see that they are all one mesh and one material so i'm not sure how @Fanapryde pulled off making it work.

Last edited:
The first three shown in that daily sports car article are the early type such as the Roll centre car. I think the De Walt car evolved from one of those.
It has been quite a project for you so your strategy makes sense. Fantastic amount of detail as well.
One thing I noticed about the side lights is they are supposed to be emissive position. To make that work you will need to seperate just the side light object into 3, eg side_light01, 02, 03, so they illuminate at any time if the car is in 1st, 2nd or 3rd place. Let me know if you need the CSP script for that.
If you can pass me the script, I'd appreciate it (in this context I can only create lumirank). :D

I take this opportunity to share some news. I was able to recreate the headlights more accurately (and you can mix both yellow and clear). I'm refining the skins and have added the ability to skin all the windows. I also downsized the tires to the right size (no more huge drag tires). Also now the air intake has the correct shape.

Then there are also other updates, but everything in its time. :D

Attachments

• Screenshot_paddock_tvr_sx_lemans_11-0-124-13-8-46.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_sx_lemans_11-0-124-13-8-46.jpg
    121.6 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_sx_lemans_11-0-124-13-4-32.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_sx_lemans_11-0-124-13-4-32.jpg
    151.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_sx_lemans_11-0-124-13-3-42.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_sx_lemans_11-0-124-13-3-42.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 9
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_sx_lemans_11-0-124-13-3-30.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_sx_lemans_11-0-124-13-3-30.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 10
I have changed the size but now I have this problem with the car ambient shadow not being able to change
Fine in showroom:

image1.png

While in game the ambient shadow is like 1,5 times narrower
image.png

I tried making the ambient shadows in CM Showroom, manually adjusted the ambient_shadows.ini, modified the body_shadow.png drastically just to see a noticable change, even deleted it on purpose but nothing changed, anyone knows what's going on?

EDIT: It was fake shadows fx generating an inaccurate shadow but on other cars it's fine still just generates a wrong fake shadow under my car for seemingly no reason, I still don't know how to fix it

Last edited:
Hi, as a guy with 1200 hours in this game, I was always annoyed by the slow AI on the Nordschleife track. They brake check and take their foot off the gas at random places, which makes it difficult to test the realistic performance of the cars and compete with the AI. I have reorganized the AI line to eliminate these mistakes, so you can enjoy the game more.

However, as a newcomer, I have noticed a peculiar and absurd bug in the file. If more than four AIs are added, the pilot starting the race in fourth place will aimlessly steer their car to the right, causing a queue to form behind them. Although this is an ideal solution for one-on-one races, I would appreciate it if someone could edit the file again. Please be cautious not to change my racing line.

How can I solve this problem?

Two additional liveries have made the Supercars' cut...

preview.jpg

917K_43_4__Nicha.jpg

preview.jpg

917K_18_4.jpg

Here's a couple of links with further info on the Lambo ST:

lp570_super_trofeo_2013.png

LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO LP570-4 SUPER TROFEO (UPDATE) – PICTURES & GALLERY - OCTOBER 18, 2012

BLANCPAIN GALLARDO SUPER TROFEO GOES FROM 2012 TO 2013 SPECS – PICTURES & GALLERY - MARCH 17, 2014

Happy racing!

Last edited:

nivekBSs RSS-GT plus BOP Project 0.75​

I present you my "hardest" project so far including some of my absolute favorite cars in AC.

Download

Last edited:
This looks great, are you planning to do such mods for 2006/12or 2013, early 200s and late 90s are also missing but yeah, it looks just very good

Two additional liveries have made the Supercars' cut...

View attachment 1318395
View attachment 1318391

View attachment 1318396

View attachment 1318394

Here's a couple of links with further info on the Lambo ST:

View attachment 1318403

LAMBORGHINI GALLARDO LP570-4 SUPER TROFEO (UPDATE) – PICTURES & GALLERY - OCTOBER 18, 2012

BLANCPAIN GALLARDO SUPER TROFEO GOES FROM 2012 TO 2013 SPECS – PICTURES & GALLERY - MARCH 17, 2014

Happy racing!
I hope this skin pack is ready for release soon. I'm pretty excited to get it installed, and the previous bunch looked excellent too.

nivekBSs RSS-GT plus BOP Project 0.75​

I present you my "hardest" project so far including some of my absolute favorite cars in AC.

Download
This is a pretty helpful project, especially for including a few extra cars I also have in the group.

Have you considered an update to the BOP to add in F302's recent 2006 Corvette C6.R? That mod still needs more skins but it's the best version of that car we have at the moment.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back