Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,711 comments
Complete update of the Courage C60 Hybrid 2005 coming soon. More to still be done.

fmfmcg.JPG
h mghg.JPG

fhmfhmg.JPG

hfmhgmg.JPG

Cannot seem to find The Lost Skins, so tried recreating one from memory.

View attachment 1321861

Let me guess : you remembered this one thanks to the early sketch of it you made on a... little piece of paper ? :dopey:

Edit :
--- Double post prevention, no relation ---

@Rainmaker87 I don't know if it is suppose to look like this but I kind of doubt it, based on the top quality of the rest of the upgrade :

20240122235828_1.jpg

Track is Fuji68, GP version (the only one I really use).
I tried modifing the "groove" image in the default skin for less opacity but apparently it's not related to it. Tried reinstalling all and no changes. Any idea ? I have to say, It would look way better if more integrated on the asphalt.

PS : don't mind the virtual mirror thingy, I just miss-clicked F11 for F12...

Last edited:
I'd say that easily 98% of car mod we see are port from other games (which takes quite some time to do). This particular car mught be available in 3D (like turbosquid...) but the price of them prevent any modder to buy them and import them to the game (150$ on turbosquid).
I believed that just by lengthening the rear part a little the same model could be used.
Thank you so much.

Sorry but after checking I cannot confirm that the issue with the preview is gone. Some cars still don´t cast a shadow in preview. Not a biggie but worth to mention it.
All good.
For clarity, is that only using CSP preview? I don't use that all the time. Mostly just for encrypted cars.
Certainly in-game, with CSP fired up, it's a world of difference with Fake Shadows FX disabled.

Let me guess : you remembered this one thanks to the early sketch of it you made on a... little piece of paper ? :dopey:

Edit :
--- Double post prevention, no relation ---

@Rainmaker87 I don't know if it is suppose to look like this but I kind of doubt it, based on the top quality of the rest of the upgrade :

View attachment 1321927

Track is Fuji68, GP version (the only one I really use).
I tried modifing the "groove" image in the default skin for less opacity but apparently it's not related to it. Tried reinstalling all and no changes. Any idea ? I have to say, It would look way better if more integrated on the asphalt.

PS : don't mind the virtual mirror thingy, I just miss-clicked F11 for F12...
the trye marks look like the blending isnt set right in ksEditor , select ksPerPixel_Alpha ,in blend mode choose eAlphablend and depth mode to eNoZWrite , then adjust the alpha setting down the bottom to .5 to .8 to adjust the opacity. u can adjust the height of the mesh to usually .5 above the surface in 3dSimed ( 0.00050 )

Last edited:
the trye marks look like the blending isnt set right in ksEditor , select ksPerPixel_Alpha ,in blend mode choose eAlphablend and depth mode to eNoZWrite , then adjust the alpha setting down the bottom to .5 to .8 to adjust the opacity. u can adjust the height of the mesh to usually .5 above the surface in 3dSimed ( 0.00050 )
Exactly. Same applies to recent Thruxton 90s.

1706048700471.png

You have to add this to ext_config

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = rubber kerbs fix
MATERIALS = rubberkerbs
SHADER= ksPerPixelAlpha
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
PROP_... = alpha, 0.65

Last edited:

Anyone tried this yet?

View attachment 1321954

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = rubberkerbs
SHADER= ksPerPixelAlpha
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
PROP_... = alpha, 0.65

Does your version of 90s Thruxton have starting issues? Where a few cars wont leave the line at the start?

Magnum always drove a cabrio... the F40_LM_Lover one isn't a convertable. (and it has too many triangles and fries the GPU).

The Ferrari 308 GTS by GeroDa74 on the other hand comes with a magnum pi skin...
and I added a different driver with the Magnum mustache for you. :lol:

View attachment 1321931

you can grab it here
It would be nice to see the convertible version from F40, because it looks so much better than Geroda's...Dash comparison:
comp.png

And tbh, the Geroda version doesn't drive very well either.

Nissan Z Unisia Jecs fantasy skin 2k/4k
fantasy skin for the Nissan Z by TheNuvolari

in this download there is the skin file as per usual and an extension folder, this extension folder is exactly the same as what you have just with 1 bit of code removed which was to do with the exterior aluminium. In direct sunlight a bit of trim will be yellow if anyone knows how to rectify this that would be great, out of direct sunlight it's a perfect match i have tried fiddling with this but i cant get it to work in direct sunlight, as it wasn't a major issue i decided to let it out in the hope someone will come up with a quick fix it's got to be a value needs changing i just don't no which value

Forgot to add that if you would rather there be no orange skin over the "aluminium" bit just delete the plastic_ao.dds file

to install: choose which res you want and drag the content folder over to CM

you will need the 1.1 version:

Screenshot (428).png

Last edited:
Does your version of 90s Thruxton have starting issues? Where a few cars wont leave the line at the start?
Just restart the session and they'll pull away fine.

A lot of us here are probably guilty of always wanting the newest cars to play with in Assetto Corsa, but drive a 36-car spec race around Thruxton in the original Kunos Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II and it's pretty much racing heaven. This is a car that I've criminally ignored for almost a decade. Shame on me.
Loads of skins for it on RD too.

Last edited:

A lot of us here are probably guilty of always wanting the newest cars to play with in Assetto Corsa, but drive a 36-car spec race around Thruxton in the original Kunos Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II and it's pretty much racing heaven. This is a car that I've criminally ignored for almost a decade. Shame on me.
That worked for me, thank you so much!

The old dtm cars are some of the most underrated cars in AC. Hopefully lfm could use it along with the Audi TT cup/VLN

With permission from @RacingSounds , I created a quick and not very good raceday layout for his excellent Zandvoort 2023 track. It was thrown together quickly so there are plenty of mistakes and I can't vouch for the accuracy of the placement of the grandstands. I used the 2020 version of the track as a guide on where to place things. Also, because of the terrain changes he made, the car objects I used don't line up right so you will see some floating and some sunken cars. I plan to do some more work on this eventually, like adding some sponsor billboards in front of the grandstands and a few other things. My hope is that @Pyyer beats me to it so that we can get a good race day mod for the track, but this will have to do for now.

The mod will overwrite @RacingSounds original ext_config files, but no changes were made to his settings. I just needed to add a line at the bottom in order for the included grass skins to work, but you do not need to use them. The raceday layout will still work without any of the skins enabled.

Zandvoort 2023 Raceday Layout

As always, please let me know of any mistakes or suggestions on how to improve it.
Sorry about this. I know I said the other day that I wasn't going to update this mod anymore unless @RacingSounds updated the track, but it was pointed out to me of a problem with the grandstands. If you did not use one of my included Grass track skins, the grandstands were not double sided and disappeared from certain angles. Since I never tested the track without one of the skins enabled, I never picked up on the problem. This update corrects that.

On the plus side, you do get some added race day objects sprinkled around the track and some more spectators in a few places. Credit for the added objects goes to @gunnar333. Just use the link in the quote to get the updated mod. Make sure to disable any of my included track skins if you were using them before extracting as one file has changed. Then you can re-enable the skin you were using. This really should be it unless someone finds another problem.

View attachment 1321954

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
MATERIALS = rubberkerbs
SHADER= ksPerPixelAlpha
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
PROP_... = alpha, 0.65
Hi - this is a stupid mistake on my part, it's fixed and I'll put out a release with a couple of other bug fixes on Thursday or Friday...

Yes, couldn't agree more. Some of the old cars are amazing. People forget (or were not around yet) how high quality some old mods and original Kunos cars are. For me, for example, the best road supercar ever made in simracing is still the Viper ACR Nordschleife edition from Beto (BZ Simworks group on FB). The car was so detailed it's crazy. Beto cooperated with the actual car engineers not only recreating the physics but actually created the actual car setup used on the car for the recors attempt on the track with gear ratios and everything. After that over 10,000 hours of testing was supposedly done on the mod. And running this car with H-shifter around Nords trying to beat the 7:01 time from real life record is something I still do at least once a week to this day. I know this is not a video thread, but this is my comparison lap around Nords with real life lap. There is newer more than a second and 10 km/h difference between both lap times on any straights and in any corner:

Last edited:
@neil shaw @macko68 Thank you very much!

For everyone, if you want to fix the skidmarks on Fuji68, in ext_config, in shader category, find the one about the skid? material and replace it with this :

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
DESCRIPTION = skidmarks fix
MATERIALS = skid?
SHADER= ksPerPixelAlpha
BLEND_MODE = ALPHA_BLEND
PROP_... = alpha, 0.5

You can also play with the alpha in last line between 0.1 and 1 to get more or less visible skidmarks, to your liking.

Or simply replace your ext_config with the attached here

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    14 KB · Views: 23
Yes, couldn't agree more. Some of the old cars are amazing. People forget (or were not around yet) how high quality some old mods and original Kunos cars are. For me, for example, the best road supercar ever made in simracing is still the Viper ACR Nordschleife edition from Beto (BZ Simworks group on FB). The car was so detailed it's crazy. Beto cooperated with the actual car engineers not only recreating the physics but actually created the actual car setup used on the car for the recors attempt on the track with gear ratios and everything. After that over 10,000 hours of testing was supposedly done on the mod. And running this car with H-shifter around Nords trying to beat the 7:01 time from real life record is something I still do at least once a week to this day. I know this is not a video thread, but this is my comparison lap around Nords with real life lap. There is newer more than a second and 10 km/h difference between both lap times on any straights and in any corner:

Some of the BZ cars were (and still are) my favourites in AC but I can't help noticing how stable the mod is round nords when side-by-side with the IRL car in your video. Is that just the camera view making it look like that or does it bob and weave about like the real car does?
Your video has made me wanna boot up AC and go back and try out some of his cars though. One of my all time Beto faves is his Focus RS MK2 Super Cup. That thing absolutely flies 😃

Last edited:
Hello all,
I have a problem with my triple screen config.
When I play in fullscreen on only 1 screen in native résolution, the game have great colours. But when I uncheck fullscreen mod, I have dark/grey colours, not optimal.
Ideas ?
Using CM, ppfilter and sometimes reshade.
And of course, in triple mod (not fullscreen), the colours are bad too.
Is this understandable?
Thanks for help.

All good.
For clarity, is that only using CSP preview? I don't use that all the time. Mostly just for encrypted cars.
Certainly in-game, with CSP fired up, it's a world of difference with Fake Shadows FX disabled.
Yes, I talked only about the CSP preview option, not for ingame. I only use CSP previews since I like to have all previews do look the same (and it is way more faster in generating than the non-csp ones).

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back