Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,711 comments
I’d be down to do some skinning, I’m not the best at it, but if I have enough reference I can adequately knock one out in a day or 2. Does the sr9 I race room have a bunch of the real skins on it?
You are about the same level as me when it comes to skinning!
They sort of do but very difficult to extract. We only have one to use as a template but yes we have all the skins from another model that can be used as reference. A lot of it will be copy parts from the other skins and paste them in with all the reproportioning, orientation etc that goes with it. If you are still keen I will send you the models and skins.

Hey guys, anyone planning a version of this? If not I will give it a go, but it will be my 1st project. Madrid F1 2026 proposed circuit.
madrid proposed f1 2026.png

Hey guys, anyone planning a version of this? If not I will give it a go, but it will be my 1st project. Madrid F1 2026 proposed circuit.View attachment 1322046
Check RD, one is out already.

Last edited:
Check RD, one is out already.
Bah! Missed the trick there, anyone working on Rome night from gran turismo 2?

Or a decent version of special stage route 11

Just intalled your ext_config (in fuji68 2.0) and I think there's a problem... 😥

View attachment 1322041
Wow easy boy, It's my ext_config as in it's the one in my computer, but I just put a potato in a bag of potatoes because someone told me it's the right place to put it :lol:

That shadow height problem was there before ? I see no reason why it would be related to the skidmarks shader. Maybe the shadow is projected too far high on the road surface. I have no idea if ext_config could solve that.

Magnum always drove a cabrio... the F40_LM_Lover one isn't a convertable. (and it has too many triangles and fries the GPU).

The Ferrari 308 GTS by GeroDa74 on the other hand comes with a magnum pi skin...
and I added a different driver with the Magnum mustache for you. :lol:

View attachment 1321931

you can grab it here
Please can you let me know how to use this? I still get the generic white helmet. All files already in the 00_rosso_chiaro folder

Anyone tried this yet?
Seems to use the V8Corsa fizix? Drives and sounds 100% like it. (that's not a bad thing imo).
Oops. Gone off RD.

Last edited:
Bah! Missed the trick there, anyone working on Rome night from gran turismo 2?
I've been trying to extract/rip the original mesh from GT, but it's way out of my league.

It seems Rome Night wasn't based on any real roads, so even using Google Maps or lidar datas is not possible.

I have some reference materials if anyone needs it.

Last edited:
Some of the BZ cars were (and still are) my favourites in AC but I can't help noticing how stable the mod is round nords when side-by-side with the IRL car in your video. Is that just the camera view making it look like that or does it bob and weave about like the real car does?
Your video has made me wanna boot up AC and go back and try out some of his cars though. One of my all time Beto faves is his Focus RS MK2 Super Cup. That thing absolutely flies 😃
A little has to be atributed to the camera of course (put in on roof cam in replay for better comparioson). When driven in 1st person, the car bounces like any other in AC, but of course not as in real life. Which is ok IMO. AC physics can't handle actual shake. Cars that try to replicate this (crsh cars for example) loose grip more that they should which makes them undrivable.

Oh yes Focus is a beast up Pikes Peak for example. But maybe a better example of car with unrealistic grip level than the Viper. :)

Last edited:
Slow progress but I have all of the roads meshed for the GT6 and GT2 versions of Rome.
View attachment 1322056View attachment 1322055
Thank you for this, I will stick to the Rome Night version separate layout from GT2 in that case so not to tread on others toes.

Was it yourself that posted a video using screen capture, through an emulator for an El capitan remake some time ago?

Keep up the good work, I'm a top fan of your tracks!

I've been trying to extract/rip the original mesh from GT, but it's way out of my league.

It seems Rome Night wasn't based on any real roads, so even using Google Maps or lidar datas is not possible.

I have some reference materials if anyone needs it.
Any ref materials would be greatly appreciated, I have seen someone in the past rip textures and terrain by running the game through an emulator that creates a 3d screen mesh, unsure of the software or technique though. It may end up being a fresh blender project with lots of referencing from videos to mimic elevations etc.

I think it was Nukedrop

Attachments

• Rome-Night.jpg
    Rome-Night.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Thank you for this, I will stick to the Rome Night version separate layout from GT2 in that case so not to tread on others toes.

Was it yourself that posted a video using screen capture, through an emulator for an El capitan remake some time ago?

Any ref materials would be greatly appreciated, I have seen someone in the past rip textures and terrain by running the game through an emulator that creates a 3d screen mesh, unsure of the software or technique though. It may end up being a fresh blender project with lots of referencing from videos to mimic elevations etc.

I think it was Nukedrop

If I remember well, the Rome night and Rome circuit and kinda far, they doesn't share any roads so making a common Rome Circuit that combine all the 3 generation of Rome would be great but not really relevant

... That shadow height problem was there before ? I see no reason why it would be related to the skidmarks shader. Maybe the shadow is projected too far high on the road surface. I have no idea if ext_config could solve that.
Errrr... I couldn't tell you if the problem happened before, sorry; perhaps I was hasty in suggesting that the cause is the new ext_config... I only had time to verify that the problem was reproduced with several cars, just when they start to roll through the skidding marks... Then my dear wife started yelling at me to come down to eat, that we were late to go to work... 😅

As soon as I can, I will try again with the original ext_config, to rule out causes.
I think that I speak for everyone, that this is the street circuit we all wait for Assetto Corsa...
Well, well... The long-awaited GT's Città di Aria also occupies a prominent place among the wishes of some of us... 😚

Last edited:
A little has to be atributed to the camera of course (put in on roof cam in replay for better comparioson). When driven in 1st person, the car bounces like any other in AC, but of course not as in real life. Which is ok IMO. AC physics can't handle actual shake. Cars that try to replicate this (crsh cars for example) loose grip more that they should which makes them undrivable.

Oh yes Focus is a beast up Pikes Peak for example. But maybe a better example of car with unrealistic grip level than the Viper. :)
Yeah I did wonder if it was more down the camera than anything else, and also maybe a little bit of the AC physics restraints lol
Yeah that Focus is super grippy and not at all realistic but it's so much fun to drive

I'm an idiot. I forgot the lap counter board at the start finish line on my Zandy 2023 race day layout. Download the attached file to get the small update. The original mod includes this update if you ever need to download the whole mod again.

Attachments

• zandvoort2023_raceday_lap_counter.zip
    736.8 KB · Views: 35
Seems like there's definitely some people here who have issues that are probably caused by their settings/game and not the mod.
I have no issues with this car in showroom or in game either.
EDIT: @Beezer215 Thanks for my poo 🫣 😘
View attachment 1321809
Could you please share your CSP settings as a preset? Tried disabling a bunch of stuff but with CSP render enabled for previews a bunch of cars have cut off AO at the front. Disabling CSP for previews doesn't have this problem. Tried more CSP versions as well.

We have had a roughish model for some time in our group but thanks to JK1977, Peugeot 905 and I are working on a better version. 2006 AER model work is just about complete:

Animated winglets shown above and below but also shows work to be done on this skin and many more skins to be made. So if anyone is up for skinning please let me know.
1706118878491.png

Hopefully this livery is on its way too! Would pretty much complete the late-2000's ALMS LMP field

I think it was Nukedrop

GT2 (and GT1) doesn't work as a "normal" 3d game: the scene or the track, which is what we want to use, isn't loaded in its entirety at the same time, differently from how is done in newer games. Ninjaripper doesn't work, the 3D Screenshot in Avocado either, the original track files are in a Polyphony proprietary format. There's a GT1 track viewer, but doesn't work with GT2 tracks; I'll send any Rome Night stuff related in a zip folder, I still need to buy some GT2 japanese books but I think there's just not much infos anywhere.

It's easier (but not easy) to get your hands on a 3d file from GTPSP and then showe it to AC, if we speak about pre-PS3 era GT titles. I think I saw a GT1 converted Trial Mountain, but the forum hosting that thread (Xentax?) should be now gone, unfortunately.

@pk3r72owns can I send you a PM?

Could you please share your CSP settings as a preset? Tried disabling a bunch of stuff but with CSP render enabled for previews a bunch of cars have cut off AO at the front. Disabling CSP for previews doesn't have this problem. Tried more CSP versions as well.
Check your inbox

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back