Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
anyone tried this LHD mod for the Kunos Toyota AE86 Tuned?
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/left-side-steering-wheel-toyota-ae86-tuned-add-on.66446/

I did and now my this mod is broken (complains about LODs and doesn't launch)...
Can someone please zip the original untouched Kunos version for me and share it somewhere? Thx! in advance! (don't wanna do a steam repair for this)

edit : I've restored it from a backup... (be warned! )
and in all fairness, I refrained from using the installer, and copied over the files in the exe manually (using 7zip) into the original ks_toyota_ae86_tuned folder. That is what skrewed up the car.
When I restored a backup and used the installer executable instead, it didn't ruin the original mod (but it also didn't give me a LHD version.)

Last edited:
Errrr... I couldn't tell you if the problem happened before, sorry; perhaps I was hasty in suggesting that the cause is the new ext_config... I only had time to verify that the problem was reproduced with several cars, just when they start to roll through the skidding marks... Then my dear wife started yelling at me to come down to eat, that we were late to go to work... 😅

As soon as I can, I will try again with the original ext_config, to rule out causes.
Ah, blaming it on the wife... classic :cool:

I tried with both, the "new" config and the "original" one :

The original :
Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_shelby_cobra_comp_fuji68_24-0-124-22-44-9.jpg

The new :
Screenshot_ac_legends_gtc_bizzarrini_5300_fuji68_24-0-124-22-40-3.jpg

(cars are from the ACL GTC's pack, I checked on several ones to be sure so pretty trustable)

Unfortunatly it appears the problem is not new. And I don't know how to solve it...

Last edited:
Right window isn't transparent and the headlights are very faint (at night).
Even the SDD is a better version.
Agreed, tried it and its current state this mod is inferior to the Sim Dream one.

Even the driving/physics feels worse (way too easy to drive, seems on rails and braking without having ABS doesn't feel right).

Agreed, tried it and its current state this mod is inferior to the Sim Dream one.

Even the driving/physics feels worse (way too easy to drive, seems on rails and braking without having ABS doesn't feel right).
It seems to have exactly the same mesh as the Sim Dream car (with exactly the same errors).
Don't Sim Dream claim to scratch-build their cars these days?
If true, then the Vencialo car is highly suspect, unless it was used under licence.

Lexus RC F WEC #78 & #87...
  • there's 50 MSM logos on the web (MSM designs logos), none the right one. I picked one. Google MSM design, some cool stuff if yer into logo design)
  • I couldn't find the big wing either, so I made one. I think that's another MSM thing.

• Now updated to Qatar Race liveries. Didn't use the Terra Real Estate logo. Couldn't find it. Too ugly to create. (Probably gone for next race ;) ).
rss_grm_lux_v8-#78&#87-02.jpg
rss_grm_lux_v8-#78&#87-01.jpg

Last edited:
Last edited:
And so my alternative version of the Saab 96 was.

Very simple, with the usual flaws, but playable.

In a version I downloaded, unfortunately everything was blocked, even the "map" of the skin was complicated, so I decided to make this version, in the same way as other F1 and Le Mans cars, the 3d model (as always from the group evolution GTR2).
Now let's test it on the track, or with:
Pat-Moss Carlsson or with Erik Carlsson

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1706143403.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1706143403.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 15
  • __custom_showroom_1706143427.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1706143427.jpg
    49.3 KB · Views: 14
  • __custom_showroom_1706143436.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1706143436.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 16
Extension file for Kunos McLaren 570S

Adds engine start (assigned to EXTRA A), exterior and interior panel lights (highbeams, turnlights, etc), dashboard symbols (turnlights, tyre pressure, fuel, etc).

Copy the DDS file on every skin you want this internal features.
Inside the extension folder is the Readme file for the engine start configuration.

Screenshot_ks_mclaren_570s_bella_vista_route_25-0-124-0-38-31.jpg

Greetings!

Attachments

• ks_mclaren_570s.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 16
Ah, blaming it on the wife... classic :cool:

I tried with both, the "new" config and the "original" one :

The original :
View attachment 1322160

The new :
View attachment 1322161

(cars are from the ACL GTC's pack, I checked on several ones to be sure so pretty trustable)

Unfortunatly it appears the problem is not new. And I don't know how to solve it...
The problem is caused by the groove/skidmarks mesh floating too far off the road surface.
Edit 3D or hide the groove/skidmarks mesh with ext_config.

It seems to have exactly the same mesh as the Sim Dream car (with exactly the same errors).
Don't Sim Dream claim to scratch-build their cars these days?
If true, then the Vencialo car is highly suspect, unless it was used under licence.
If by scratch-build you mean bought on Turbosquid...

Hello! I'll try again.

I have a problem with AC since about a week. Overnight I can't start any offline races through CM. I click Drive and aftera few seconds I get Race cancelled. Don't know what to do.

I've verified the installation, uninstalled and reinstalled AC. Re installed CSP and Pure.

Hello! I'll try again.

I have a problem with AC since about a week. Overnight I can't start any offline races through CM. I click Drive and aftera few seconds I get Race cancelled. Don't know what to do.

I've verified the installation, uninstalled and reinstalled AC. Re installed CSP and Pure.
Good place to start is all the many, many times this issue has been asked and answered in this forum.
It's such a generic error, that nobody is likely to have a one-size-fits-all solution, I'm afraid ¯\(ツ)
Good luck.

Hello! I'll try again.

Steam correctly updated ? IF not, the game wont start, but CM will.

AC and CM are 2 different things from the Steam point of view. CM is fully independant, AC is dependant of Steam. CM can be open and active even without Steam or AC, but once you click on "drive" you basically ask CM to ask Steam to open AC for you. If Steam is waiting an update, he will not answer, so CM cancel the call.

@shi So only solution is to enable or disable it if we don't want to touch the 3D models themselves ? No selective "repoisitionning", for exemple ?
Well, that'll stay like that in my book (I didn't even paid attention to it before Perico Lospa's screenshot, to be honest haha) :D

Last edited:
I'm on 0.2.2. Do I need a certain driver on driver3d.ini?
no, the driver I used to modify and add the mustache to (from a real pic of Magnum btw) is selected in the ext_config.ini in the skin folder, so no need to change the default driver.
But come to think of it , maybe you are missing that driver altogether, and that would be the obvious reason.

here a copy of the driver (drag & drop in CM to install)

Peugeot 208 GTi by Peugeot Sport 2016 Track Public Release!!
Download:
-AO inside and out
-Realistic Dashboard
-Physics
-CSP Settings
-Panoramic session Start config Daniel Nogal
-Beta testing and help ,@norms,@Mascot,and others

View attachment 1321962View attachment 1321963View attachment 1321964View attachment 1321965View attachment 1321966
thanks for sharing your job, but why are your mods so heavy now? they are a little useless or you need a very good pc.

Just restart the session and they'll pull away fine.

A lot of us here are probably guilty of always wanting the newest cars to play with in Assetto Corsa, but drive a 36-car spec race around Thruxton in the original Kunos Mercedes-Benz 190E EVO II and it's pretty much racing heaven. This is a car that I've criminally ignored for almost a decade. Shame on me.
Loads of skins for it on RD too.
I tried , and see what you mean ... it is a blast indeed (thx for the tip, should have more time even to be revisiting older mods)
I personally don't like the default sound though, so I swapped it with the one from Mercedes-Benz 190E Street Drift 1990 by Coastline, and removed the gearshift sound which was annoying on that one.
Also find the 1992 version by rpmmod (here) a tad more enjoyable (easier to drive - good for bad drivers like me!)
I packed a full copy of that one , including my sound alteration.
DOWNLOAD (does not overwrite Kunos 1990 original, installs as separate car)
1706184658446.png

I tried , and see what you mean ... it is a blast indeed (thx for the tip, should have more time even to be revisiting older mods)
I personally don't like the default sound though, so I swapped it with the one from Mercedes-Benz 190E Street Drift 1990 by Coastline, and removed the gearshift sound which was annoying on that one.
Also find the 1992 version by rpmmod (here) a tad more enjoyable (easier to drive - good for bad drivers like me!)
I packed a full copy of that one , including my sound alteration.
DOWNLOAD (does not overwrite Kunos 1990 original, installs as separate car)
View attachment 1322383
Do you have the original audio from the Coastline car, complete with gearshift sound?
I quite like the more pronounced transmission whine, but it feels odd having silent shifts.
edit: NVM, Google found it.
edit 2: definitely better for me with the shifting audio. Thanks.

Last edited:
Let me guess : you remembered this one thanks to the early sketch of it you made on a... little piece of paper ? :dopey:

Edit :
--- Double post prevention, no relation ---

@Rainmaker87 I don't know if it is suppose to look like this but I kind of doubt it, based on the top quality of the rest of the upgrade :

View attachment 1321927

Track is Fuji68, GP version (the only one I really use).
I tried modifing the "groove" image in the default skin for less opacity but apparently it's not related to it. Tried reinstalling all and no changes. Any idea ? I have to say, It would look way better if more integrated on the asphalt.

PS : don't mind the virtual mirror thingy, I just miss-clicked F11 for F12...
Should be look like in this video:

Hello all, I try again,
I have a problem with my triple screen config.
When I play in fullscreen on only 1 screen in native résolution, the game have great colours. But when I uncheck fullscreen mod, I have grey colours, not optimal.
Ideas ?
Using CM, ppfilter and sometimes reshade.
And of course, in triple mod (not fullscreen), the colours are bad too.
Is this understandable?
Thanks for help.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back