Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
... Well, that'll stay like that in my book (I didn't even paid attention to it before Perico Lospa's screenshot, to be honest haha) :D

Me too, since I always play in first person and it's not something that bothers me too much... I realized when looking from an external camera how your improvement turned out.

Thanks for checking that this is a previous issue; I haven't been able to get on the rig for a couple of days to test, although this time, it's not my beloved wife's fault... 😬

Last edited:
In CSP, starting from version 0.2.1, the AI in the race uses a random tires compound, maybe someone knows how to fix this? There were never such problems in previous versions of CSP.

Last edited:
a fake Lamborghini Navarra V12 LMP1 😁
__custom_showroom_1706214123.jpg
__custom_showroom_1706214081.jpg

Screenshot_f302_lamborghini_navarra_lmp_monza_25-0-124-21-17-48.jpg
Screenshot_f302_lamborghini_navarra_lmp_monza_25-0-124-21-17-47.jpg
Screenshot_f302_lamborghini_navarra_lmp_monza_25-0-124-21-17-36.jpg
Screenshot_f302_lamborghini_navarra_lmp_monza_25-0-124-21-17-27.jpg
Screenshot_f302_lamborghini_navarra_lmp_monza_25-0-124-21-17-0.jpg

Last edited:
Guys this a post in YT by @TheNuvolari creator of the Nissan z Super GT.

So apparently I am not allowed to share mods for free for the community anymore.

A guy on Twitter wanted to reupload an unauthorized edit of my Z without asking me, and when I said he can't upload without permission he wrote like 5 lovely and friendly tweets in an hour about how much of a bad person I am.

His argument against me was 'If you don't want it to be edited either make it paid or private', because apparently every mod that is free means that people can randomly rape it and reupload as they want. Just imagine an AC Community where every modder would be like ACTK, one modder would release a mod and 70 other would reupload it with random changes, sounds fun.

There are 2 other people who asked me if they can edit my Z and I obviously said yes, and I am giving them support everywhere I can, also in contact with 3 skinners who I also help about the stickers on the carbon for their Calsonic & Realize skins.

This car mod has been in works for 5 months, I would love to know how this person would feel if somebody would reupload his work that took 5 months without permission, this Z mod might not be the best ever but don't you think it's nice to have a Z GT500 finally for the first time ever in a racing game? Doesn't he realize the reason why there wasn't a Nissan Z GT500 mod for TWO years?

Good luck to everyone finding Super GT references literally about anything, this motorsport is the peak of gatekeeping (censoring the displays is just the beginning), if you can find a dyno graph of the Z GT500 with proof I will go for the title of the American President

All this being said if people respect my work then I won't stop public free modding and will try to bring you as many Super GT content as possible, I would love to see the MC86, Evora GT300 and LC500h GT300 as much as you do, because back in the day when I couldn't mod I also wished if some modders would bring us this and that mod for free (like how much I wanted the Urraco and Midget II)

As I am writing this I might still be the topic on Twitter (he finished his argument with blocking me), I haven't spent a whole hour on that site yet but I regretted making the account a minute after I set everything up.

Peace friends and I hope you are looking forward to what I can bring.

untitled.png

There's a 60s style track I want to use for a league race that has those half tyres on the corners. A lot of tracks of this era tend to have these tyres on corners but they either have no effect on the car or maybe bounce you up in the air a little. This track however makes the car stop dead when you touch them, which is realistic and great for offline hotlapping but makes for a slightly scrappy online race in my experience. Is there a way with ini file magic that those objects can be made "non-collisiony"?
Unfortunately this wont be possible with ext_config.ini
You will need to actually rename the tire objects and create a new surfaces.ini entry.
I have done these tires on many of my track releases, noteably on Keimola.
AFAIK I was one of the first, if not the first, to create these tires as non-wall but do react to collisions in a more realistic way.

Anyone can teach me how to activate/desactiva te a lightbar in a rally car?

In my updates previews all the skins had It, but in Race never appears in the car, I'm sure that it'll be a shortcut in the keyboard or something like that, but I can't find It.

Thanks in advice

##### SOLVED ####

Only have to activate before the race in menú.

Last edited:
Hello! I'll try again.

I have a problem with AC since about a week. Overnight I can't start any offline races through CM. I click Drive and aftera few seconds I get Race cancelled. Don't know what to do.

I've verified the installation, uninstalled and reinstalled AC. Re installed CSP and Pure.
You can try this: make sure your steam is already running

Should be look like in this video:

@Rainmaker87 , the Fuji Speedway 1968 overhaul sharemods link (on your patreon post) is down... could you pls have a look?

Thanks and enjoy your winter break!
Guys this a post in YT by @TheNuvolari creator of the Nissan z Super GT.

So apparently I am not allowed to share mods for free for the community anymore.

A guy on Twitter wanted to reupload an unauthorized edit of my Z without asking me, and when I said he can't upload without permission he wrote like 5 lovely and friendly tweets in an hour about how much of a bad person I am.

His argument against me was 'If you don't want it to be edited either make it paid or private', because apparently every mod that is free means that people can randomly rape it and reupload as they want. Just imagine an AC Community where every modder would be like ACTK, one modder would release a mod and 70 other would reupload it with random changes, sounds fun.

There are 2 other people who asked me if they can edit my Z and I obviously said yes, and I am giving them support everywhere I can, also in contact with 3 skinners who I also help about the stickers on the carbon for their Calsonic & Realize skins.

This car mod has been in works for 5 months, I would love to know how this person would feel if somebody would reupload his work that took 5 months without permission, this Z mod might not be the best ever but don't you think it's nice to have a Z GT500 finally for the first time ever in a racing game? Doesn't he realize the reason why there wasn't a Nissan Z GT500 mod for TWO years?

Good luck to everyone finding Super GT references literally about anything, this motorsport is the peak of gatekeeping (censoring the displays is just the beginning), if you can find a dyno graph of the Z GT500 with proof I will go for the title of the American President

All this being said if people respect my work then I won't stop public free modding and will try to bring you as many Super GT content as possible, I would love to see the MC86, Evora GT300 and LC500h GT300 as much as you do, because back in the day when I couldn't mod I also wished if some modders would bring us this and that mod for free (like how much I wanted the Urraco and Midget II)

As I am writing this I might still be the topic on Twitter (he finished his argument with blocking me), I haven't spent a whole hour on that site yet but I regretted making the account a minute after I set everything up.

Peace friends and I hope you are looking forward to what I can bring.

View attachment 1322500
don't punish the many for the missteps of a few ...

I do not condone anyone talking trash about someone else, even if they happen to have a different view then yours...

Just so I'm clear let me ask:
if I want to make a version of your car with for example a fictional rotary motor swap. I'm not overwriting your original mod, but put it in a different folder altogether and put your car mod as parent, and crediting you as the original mod creator.
If I enjoy it so much that I share it with everyone here (for free of course), would I need to ask your permission?

It would indeed become a mess if different versions float around the internet of the same mod (same exact folder name)...
and that I can image you do not want.
If I were to alter something to your base mod which I think improves it , I would share it with you and ask if you would want to incorporate it in your original mod...

Then again, if I make some extra skins and publish them for free here on GTPlanet , I would also not think about asking your permission first (as it is everyone's choice to install them as an add-on if they want, and it basically does not change your mod).

Or is it also the extra skins and "children" you would expect to be asked permission for?

Anyways, I'm sure we all here look forward to what you provide our community with in the future (preferably free).
Keep up the spirits!
:cheers:

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back