Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,174 comments
I will if it can be shared. I have no idea who made the cars.

If someone has working Buenos Aires 1990's / early 2000's let me know. That is still needed for the perfect season.

This does NOT work in the 1998 season. Half of the cars won't leave the pits and they drive like drunks.

Now that I look at the video better, I recognize that the Mods are perhaps those of Sim Dream Development. I bought this package the first few days of using AC but I was so disappointed that I immediately deleted it (horrible sound and very low quality texture). Did you improve it by any chance?

Now that I look at the video better, I recognize that the Mods are perhaps those of Sim Dream Development. I bought this package the first few days of using AC but I was so disappointed that I immediately deleted it (horrible sound and very low quality texture). Did you improve it by any chance?

Nope. I haven't touched anything.

I think it drives almost exactly like Kunos 2004 Ferrari F1. Just slower of course.

Could be Sim Dream.

Some car mods have an issue with slow ai. These are good and fast with correct settings. I don't care so much about graphics. For me the priority is that you can have competitive and challenging season. But you can be right about the texture. But with Schumacher at 99 ai skill and Coulthard at 96 the qualifying and races are very competitive and realistic.

Sim Dream 1984 cars were ridiculously slow. But when I removed all other tyre models except for QF and made them last for a race from data the mod became incredibly competitive. They are not pretty though. :D

Its defo SimDream.
There is a pack with updated tyres, aero, sounds, skins etc...found it on Reddit months ago, was in a Google Docs spreadsheet by Reddit user ScientistExtension98.
The spreadsheet also has some tweaks for other F1 seasons. Haven't tried any of them
Can you give me the link? I would like to upgrade and not have wasted €10. THANK YOU... Can you share only skin and sound?

Last edited:
Volkswagen Scirocco 16V - 1988

US Spec Scirocco mk2, converted to Assetto Corsa by Norms

• Rain Ready - working wipers etc
• Working Internal Dials
• Hood/Trunk Animations
• Refracting Lights
• 24 Authentic Style VW Paint Schemes
• Full set of LODs
• CM Paint Shop Compatible
• etc

Model is unencrypted and you can do whatever like with it, just please credit me :)

1706888950154.jpeg

1706888960398.jpeg

Also going forward I will be hosting any mods I do on gumroad all free, donate if you like but not necessary:

tested this beautifull 2019 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabrio (author ?)

View attachment 1324509View attachment 1324508
(car folder names : porsche_911_carrera4s and porsche_911_carrera4s_rfdown )

it's only downsides I noticed are being way too detailed (1.4M triangles) and not having working wipers/rainfx/shadows on glass...
anyone has made working wipers+rainfx for this?

I can share my chameleon skin if anyone interrested... just PM me for it. (don't know since i don't know the author if I can just post skins for it without asking... 😉)
could you share a link to the car or maybe the car ?

24H
could you share a link to the car or maybe the car ?
tested this beautifull 2019 Porsche 911 Carrera 4S Cabrio (author ?)
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/attachments/1706813409032-png.1324508/

(car folder names : porsche_911_carrera4s and porsche_911_carrera4s_rfdown )

it's only downsides I noticed are being way too detailed (1.4M triangles) and not having working wipers/rainfx/shadows on glass...
anyone has made working wipers+rainfx for this?

I can share my chameleon skin if anyone interrested... just PM me for it. (don't know since i don't know the author if I can just post skins for it without asking... 😉)
you can find a copy here (valid for 7 days)

Are there other alternatives for 1998 with full skin pack? I could try as I have collected an excellent track combination for a full season.

I think this is the mod from reddit you were talking about. A few months ago, I converted from F1 Challenge VB all race by race skins as Simdream's mod's models come from this game. Textures aren't pretty, but we have at least a race by race livery set. The Ferrari and Mclaren are from Virtua Simulazioni with some updates I found here and there...

I think this is the mod from reddit you were talking about. A few months ago, I converted from F1 Challenge VB all race by race skins as Simdream's mod's models come from this game. Textures aren't pretty, but we have at least a race by race livery set. The Ferrari and Mclaren are from Virtua Simulazioni with some updates I found here and there...

Yeah I guess that's the one I have. Thanks. I redonwload and check.

I thought the cars looked pretty good but then I'm not a graphics expert. I just love to race those years through. And I got pretty damn competitive season arranged. 1998 was an amazing season.

Too bad about that Buenos Aires track. Has anyone fixed the ai and pit?

Last edited:
Anyone else obsessed with the 2017 version of the Porsche 919 Hybrid? No, just me?

Well sadly the only one available has pretty poor visuals, loads of glitches and inaccuracies.
Stuff like this:
D157G33.jpeg

At least the physics (in the version shared in this thread) are pretty good.

I wanted to quickly fix that annoying texture bug, but ended up going down a rabbit hole.
So now it looks like this:
KwvQXd5.gif

Low GIF quality, here's YT

Anyone interested in me sharing this (I'm not done yet, but it's getting there).

Last edited:
What is the name of your car folder? Mine is "urd_mercedes_clr_lm", its v1.0 and I have working wipers, mirrors and headlights. Or is there a 2nd car (CLR LM GTP) from URD which I cant find at their shop?

Thanks... strangely enough it doesn't change the headlights on my car, they still aren't emissive 🤔
It's not in the config, both yours and mine are the same.
Another data point that can maybe help us. I have the same data as @Fanapryde and no emissive headlights...except...
If I F7 out of the car and move just 2-3m forward, ahead of the car, the lights appear and light the track perfectly.
?

Lake Superior v1.11

1706896658727.jpeg

changelog v1.11:

• terrain smoothing by @shin956
  • new crowd_facing by @pugsang
  • skin by @mascot enabled by default
  • lowered amb/diff/specular on many shaders
  • grass rework by @slider666

features:
  • 10 unique layouts
  • 54 pit/grid
  • things in the sky

credits:

:: DOWNLOAD v1.0 ::
:: DOWNLOAD v1.11 ::

Lake Superior v1.11
(sorry, please re-download)

changelog v1.11:
  • terrain smoothing by @shi
  • new crowd_facing spectators by @pugsang
  • skin by @mascot enabled by default
  • lowered amb/diff/specular on many shaders
  • lights reworked
  • normal bump maps added to kerbs
  • grass UV rework by @pugsang , texture update by @Masscot
  • serious debuging work by @Masscot and @twobegreen
    thank you all!

:: DOWNLOAD v1.11 ::

Last edited:
Yeah I guess that's the one I have. Thanks. I redonwload and check.

I thought the cars looked pretty good but then I'm not a graphics expert. I just love to race those years through. And I got pretty damn competitive season arranged. 1998 was an amazing season.

Too bad about that Buenos Aires track. Has anyone fixed the ai and pit?
I just found from previous discussions on this forum, these 2 reworks...improved physics, sounds, skins etc...try it :

Has anyone ever found a database of Road & Track Spec pages? Some mods seem to have short gear ratios and it'd be nice to get them closer to stock specs. Thanks

Attachments

• delorean-road-test.jpg
    delorean-road-test.jpg
    204.9 KB · Views: 12
Anyone else obsessed with the 2017 version of the Porsche 919 Hybrid? No, just me?

Well sadly the only one available has pretty poor visuals, loads of glitches and inaccuracies.
Stuff like this:
D157G33.jpeg

At least the physics (in the version shared in this thread) are pretty good.

I wanted to quickly fix that annoying texture bug, but ended up going down a rabbit hole.
So now it looks like this:
KwvQXd5.gif

Low GIF quality, here's YT

Anyone interested in me sharing this (I'm not done yet, but it's getting there).
It looks pretty interesting! You make me curious! I'm interested

X90
My Geo Tag locator in CM is bugged out, and always shows a blank white screen whenever I try and add locations to new tracks I've downloaded.

Does anyone know of a fix?
I have spent an hour trying to fix this and I just can't. I've cleared every cache possible, re-installed the CEF browser, toggled a million settings and even tried to redirect the map web location using a script, and absolutely nothing has worked.

Opening the logs shows that some sort of JScriptProxyCSharp "#14" is failing - and is sending "Warn", "undefined" and "Error" readouts back, no matter what I do. It's safe to say the plugin is broken - opening the acstuff.ru link in both FireFox and Chrome also gives a blank screen:

https://acstuff.ru/app/helpers/map?ms#35.2622222222222;139.991388888889

Extremely aggravating, as I want to add a Geo Tag to a track so that my Emperor Server client can properly read and convert the tag for the proper Time of Day and time zone. Without this app working, the geo tags never stick properly even if manually input - which obviously is a PITA to do.

I've opened a case on the CM GitHub - I don't pay for the Patreon unless there's a new patch.

It's not always a beach with AC.

X90
I have spent an hour trying to fix this and I just can't. I've cleared every cache possible, re-installed the CEF browser, toggled a million settings and even tried to redirect the map web location using a script, and absolutely nothing has worked.

Opening the logs shows that some sort of JScriptProxyCSharp "#14" is failing - and is sending "Warn", "undefined" and "Error" readouts back, no matter what I do. It's safe to say the plugin is broken - opening the acstuff.ru link in both FireFox and Chrome also gives a blank screen:

https://acstuff.ru/app/helpers/map?ms#35.2622222222222;139.991388888889

Extremely aggravating, as I want to add a Geo Tag to a track so that my Emperor Server client can properly read and convert the tag for the proper Time of Day and time zone. Without this app working, the geo tags never stick properly even if manually input - which obviously is a PITA to do.

I've opened a case on the CM GitHub - I don't pay for the Patreon unless there's a new patch.

It's not always a beach with AC.
Indeed, can confirm it´s broken. Don´t know if it helps you but Pure reads the data out of the file data_track_params.ini found in

\steamapps\common\assettocorsa\extension\config\ so if you use the site

You just click on the location and enter the data into the .ini manually then, after searching your track´s data.

1706904522959.png

I´ve had a similar issue with the FM Rio track since Pure has read out the geotags wrong and I learned from Peter this file data_track_params.ini is read with priority.

Long story short, if you edit this ini your geotag is read out correctly, no matter what CM says.

Last edited:
Thanks... strangely enough it doesn't change the headlights on my car, they still aren't emissive 🤔
It's not in the config, both yours and mine are the same.
I've just re-donwloaded (had it before, but just in case) the free version directly from URD website and everything is working fine, mirrors, wipers and headlights, without me having to tweak/change anything.

If you had downloaded from their website a long time ago you should download it again, if I remember correctly they updated it at some point in 2023.

Another data point that can maybe help us. I have the same data as @Fanapryde and no emissive headlights...except...
If I F7 out of the car and move just 2-3m forward, ahead of the car, the lights appear and light the track perfectly.
?
forgot to say that the lights show very (and I mean VERY) faint on track, almost invisible from cockpit view, F7 out the car or not, the result is still the same on my side:

urd_f7.png

RE URD CLR LM: open up ext_config.ini and change the value from 1 to 0 here:

View attachment 1324756
With this trick however, the headlights work as expected:
urd_config.png

using F7 cam in both pictures, same track, same time. No idea why in the second pic the car is brighter 🤔

I've just re-donwloaded (had it before, but just in case) the free version directly from URD website and everything is working fine, mirrors, wipers and headlights, without me having to tweak/change anything.

If you had downloaded from their website a long time ago you should download it again, if I remember correctly they updated it at some point in 2023.
Thanks for the info, did that yesterday and now again to be sure, but no working headlights...

Last edited:

My URD CLR has always said V1.0, and I've had it since launch, for what it's worth.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back