Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,174 comments
Something I discovered by accident yesterday but wish I'd known years ago:
With CSP Real Mirrors, try increasing the FOV of the WING mirrors (NOT the central rear-view mirror) to between 40 and 50 degrees (the default is normally around 10 degrees). Adjust for personal preference.
This will add a subtle curved fish-eye effect to the wing mirror reflections, offering much wider side views and eliminating blind spots when cars are alongside... just like the mirrors on a real car.
Works brilliantly in VR, but I guess would also benefit anyone using Real Mirrors in 2D as well?
Further to the above, try this. It'll limit the wing mirror FOV to 45 degrees on the CSP mirror adjustment app, so setting 45 degrees (which seems to be the sweet spot for the wing mirrors) is now simply a case of moving the slider all the way to one side. It also increases the left-right rotation to 90 degrees (from 60), meaning less bodywork/ more road is possible in the reflection.
Remove the .txt extension and add it to ...apps\lua\CarMirrorsConfigurator\CarMirrorsConfigurator.lua after backing up the original.
This assumes you've already installed the CSP mirrors app, of course.
Big spooky thanks to The Ghost Of Momma Bongos for the code.

Attachments

• CarMirrorsConfigurator.lua.txt
    5.5 KB · Views: 11
On the URD CLR, I am pretty I was on the 1.0 version(3/12/2023 data.acd), it looks like my headlight works but it was super dim, so I did the adjustment on the ext_config and its much more usable light now....

I did notice this weird yellow thing on the exhaust. If I actually pause the game it won't actually show up, I had to prtscn to show it.
1706997881746.png

Hello, is there any good 2006 F1 mod... I mean I found one but the cars felt strange to drive and the gears wre just working properly after adjusting a bit... and there are no helmet skins... Does someone have an idea?

There's also this ACFL 2006 free mod. I haven't tested it though.

People don't seem to like the ACFL cars that much. But I had a great 1994 season with ACFL cars. The cars drive well and are fast and the season with Alesi/Ferrari was super enjoyable. Had Schumacher and Hill at 99 and 98 and I had to fight for the points. I don't care what people say, one of my best seasons I've played (and I've played many hehe). Had a glorious crash in this Interlagos race which was my first with these cars. Really sucked at first. :D But I got familiar with the car as the season went on.

Last edited:
There's also this ACFL 2006 free mod. I haven't tested it though.

People don't seem to like the ACFL cars that much. But I had a great 1994 season with ACFL cars. The cars drive well and are fast and the season with Alesi/Ferrari was super enjoyable. Had Schumacher and Hill at 99 and 98 and I had to fight for the points. I don't care what people say, one of my best seasons I've played (and I've played many hehe). Had a glorious crash in this Interlagos race which was my first with these cars. Really sucked at first. :D But I got familiar with the car as the season went on.

1994 season mod is quite good yess, have it too but 2006 handles a bit... let's say weird, don't know how to describe it

1994 season mod is quite good yess, have it too but 2006 handles a bit... let's say weird, don't know how to describe it
let's not be shy and say things how they are. The physics are bad, really bad. It's a disgrace to think that MSF was originally doing the conversion, and seeing their 2004 season mod, one can dream of the quality of the ctpd mod we would have today if ACFL didn't come and snatched the authorization from MSF so that they do the conversion themselves AND they charged for it !. The models are good (not hard) but the engine sound is plain awful and the physics is just like what chat gpt would generate if it was there at the time. The greatest mod of rfactor, ruined by greedy people.

Fun fact of the day. I called out acfl for that back in the day, and they told me "if it was that easy then just do it yourself :yuck:"

Well here I am today, doing conversions with more respect and love than they had when doing the CTDP conversion.

Last edited:
let's not be shy and say things how they are. The physics are bad, really bad. It's a disgrace to think that MSF was originally doing the conversion, and seeing their 2004 season mod, one can dream of the quality of the ctpd mod we would have today if ACFL didn't come and snatched the authorization from MSF so that they do the conversion themselves AND they charged for it !. The models are good (not hard) but the engine sound is plain awful and the physics is just like what chat gpt would generate if it was there at the time. The greatest mod of rfactor, ruined by greedy people.

Fun fact of the day. I called out acfl for that back in the day, and they told me "if it was that easy then just do it yourself :yuck:"

Well here I am today, doing conversions with more respect and love than they had when doing the CTDP conversion.
Maybe 2006 is something you can go for in the future... I know you don't want but never say never... Your 2008 and 2007 are pretty nice btw, handles very well

Maybe 2006 is something you can go for in the future... I know you don't want but never say never... Your 2008 and 2007 are pretty nice btw, handles very well
No that's something that I'm sure of it. I'm helping the guy on the patreon by converting all the aero upgrade CTDP did for the cars so that you have them in Assetto. But that's all.

The only thing that will make me do 2006 is if i find a way to get the F1 championship edition model

2006 might be bad but the 1987 hybrid season I'm playing with ACFL 1987 + skins + 6 other 1987 cars I found has been ultra realistic. Piquet won that year with consistency. I have Mansell at 96, Senna at 95, Prost at 96, etc. I also have Mansell and Senna at high aggression. They have made some crazy mistakes, that's why I'm still hanging in the championship battle by getting podiums and only winning two races. I won Detroit and Oesterreichring and made Hungaroring a rain GP (otherwise that's way too easy track to win). Hockenheim I set the turbo at 80% and blew my engine in the last lap.

From a player point of view it's the most important that the challenge is genuine but fair and for me it's important that the season results are realistic. You guys who make the cars probably see other details that we casual guys don't see.

This is the points situation after Monza. Not bad (realism wise). Estoril, Jerez, Mexico, Suzuka and Adelaide left.

0Yettf1.png

Last edited:
No that's something that I'm sure of it. I'm helping the guy on the patreon by converting all the aero upgrade CTDP did for the cars so that you have them in Assetto. But that's all.

The only thing that will make me do 2006 is if i find a way to get the F1 championship edition model
Don't know much about such things... Is it impossible to get these models or what about it?

Don't know much about such things... Is it impossible to get these models or what about it?
3dsimed doesn't support it so we need to rip them using ninja ripper. Need to wait that they finish the rcps3 support so that we can rip models in game

Last edited:
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = A,B,C
MOVE_TO = COCKPIT_HR
I tried this on the 2017 Pagani Huayra Roadster by MNBA ,

;fix unreal reflections of curbs etc inside the car
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = Huayra_Roadster_cockpit_?, int_?, Huayra_Roadster_speaker_?, Huayra_Roadster_carbon1_SUB?, int_007, Huayra_Roadster_carbon1m_SUB0, Huayra_Roadster_badge_?
MOVE_TO = COCKPIT_HR

and it seems to indeed take away the unreal reflections inside the cockpit (from curbs etc.), which indeed bothers me too (totally breaks immersion)

however another issue now occurs, and that is the carbon on the back of the car is invisible for ai drivers when seen from cockpit view... when I switch to chase cam , it's fine ... ???

I tried this , to no avail :

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = Huayra_Roadster_carbon1_SUB0
CULL_MODE = DOUBLESIDED

Anyone?

Their 1994 mod isn't much better, either. The models are visibly inaccurate to real life, the engine sounds are awful, and the physics are pretty uninspired. I'm hoping ASR eventually gets around to making a 1994 mod after they complete 1993, they're some of the best in the business when it comes to old school F1 (here's also hoping it's a lot cheaper next time!)

Virginia International (VIR) mod

A mod i've been working on for awhile now. It's actually the first track I ever tried to mod and it's gone through a bunch of different iterations over the past few years. I finally got in a place I feel good enough about to make it public. It changes quite a lot of things so be sure to read the included readme file before trying it out. I'm not sure if dazzyb2k3 will approve of me releasing this. When I asked him if I could, he said he wanted to include this stuff in his own track update . That's been over a year now and I haven't heard from him. Since then i've seen other people release mods for the track on RD without him saying anything, so I felt it was ok to do this. If he asks, i'll pull it immediately.

It basically does what all my mods do. Adds some CSP features and makes the track easier on my eyes. Most of these older tracks designed before CSP\Sol\Pure became a thing are really bright for me. If you don't have that problem, then you probably won't like these updates.

VIR mod

vir.jpg

I tried this on the 2017 Pagani Huayra Roadster by MNBA ,

;fix unreal reflections of curbs etc inside the car
[MESH_ADJUSTMENT_...]
MESHES = Huayra_Roadster_cockpit_?, int_?, Huayra_Roadster_speaker_?, Huayra_Roadster_carbon1_SUB?, int_007, Huayra_Roadster_carbon1m_SUB0, Huayra_Roadster_badge_?
MOVE_TO = COCKPIT_HR

and it seems to indeed take away the unreal reflections inside the cockpit (from curbs etc.), which indeed bothers me too (totally breaks immersion)

however another issue now occurs, and that is the carbon on the back of the car is invisible for ai drivers when seen from cockpit view... when I switch to chase cam , it's fine ... ???

I tried this , to no avail :

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MESHES = Huayra_Roadster_carbon1_SUB0
CULL_MODE = DOUBLESIDED

Anyone?
Just tested it, and it's because of a combination of the LOD-switching, a CSP setting and COCKPIT_HR distance switch.

This is what's happening; the code is ONLY affecting the main model. Not LOD B, C or D. So the cars further away don't seem to have any issue.

For the Pagani you mentioned, the COCKPIT_HR dinstance switch is set to 7(meters) in the data.acd.
The LOD_0 > 1 switch is set to happen at 15 meters.

Our code put's those meshes inside cockpit_hr, which get's "deleted" after 7meters. This is when the meshes we transferred disappear. But since it only affects the main model, after 15meters, when the LOD_1 (or lodB) gets activated, and our code no longer applies, the meshes re-appear again.

The simplest solution would be to unpack the data.acd, and change the COCKPIT_HR - DISTANCE_SWITCH to the same value as the LOD_0 > 1 switch-value. Which in this case is 15 meters. This solves the issue, unless you have a default CSP function turned on (CSP-settings>Graphic Adjustments>LOD-settings>Force low-res cockpits for other cars in first person view.)

This might also be the right time to say that I'm no expert. I just like tinkering with my favorite game. I hadn't tested your use-case (with other cars) yet, so I'm glad you found this issue so fast.

But it hasn't got high beams working, am I right?
Right, with this cars' speeds, we sure need high beams:

Highbeams should be active by default, but low beams are disabled with this:
Code:
[BASIC]
IS_HIGH_BEAM_AVAILABLE=1
IS_LOW_BEAM_AVAILABLE=0
But TBH this entire code of the extension looks kind of weird. Its working but there are so many parts I've no clue whats going on or why its working at all. If I had the time I'd create a new one. Maybe I'll find time this afternoon. :)

Edit: FFS, quick and dirt high and low beams.
Screenshot_urd_mercedes_clr_lm_mugello_4-1-124-8-31-58.jpg
Screenshot_urd_mercedes_clr_lm_mugello_4-1-124-8-32-4.jpg

CSP 0.2.3p1 with Pure 0.238 and C13Aegis 1.65

Edit #2: If someone neeeds even more light, increase the last number in this line:
Code:
COLOR=20,15,11,1

Attachments

• ext_config.ini
    13.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited:
Hi guys

Not been on this beautiful sim for some time, so a little out of touch.

Couple of questions if I may.

Firstly, CSP has updated to 0.2.3 preview1, and I noticed when trying a few things that some tracks won't load, get stuck on AI spine loading, and other cars have inverted mirrors or no mirrors at all. Is it just a case of reverting back to 0.1.80 preview428?
I would disable or reset the setting "AI" section of CSP
DElete all *.bin in "TRACKS" folder too

Also, with regards to SOL and Pure, is SOL still a thing, or is it just Pure that needs to be kept up to date

Cheers
At least for me, no need anymore for SOL or other PP Filters since PURE 0.238...the end results is now ok in all conditions without tweaking anything

Their 1994 mod isn't much better, either. The models are visibly inaccurate to real life, the engine sounds are awful, and the physics are pretty uninspired. I'm hoping ASR eventually gets around to making a 1994 mod after they complete 1993, they're some of the best in the business when it comes to old school F1 (here's also hoping it's a lot cheaper next time!)
tbh I won't criticize much their 94 season because at least it's made from scratch. So they do deserve some respect in that aspect. Yeah, the 94 is not that great but I respect their effort (Although I'm questioning how is it possible for them to have like 4 years of experience in modeling and still not have improved).

But for the CTDP conversion, there is zero excuse. If I who had 0 knowledge about modding could in under a year produce good conversions then surely a "modding team" with years of experience in rfactor can do a decent job. I just hope that CTDP regrets their decision now to choose Haas over Andretti.

Last edited:
Nah the 90s Brands is just late 90s with the Graham Hill bend changed to the tighter corner. Looking it up, 1976 saw a change to the Paddock Hill Bend and Cooper Straight, 1988 was the chicane at Dingle Dell and the 1999 change was Graham Hill bend. So yes like Zandvoort a lot of versions that are missing.

That 90's track is good and ai fast. The layout is the same as on the Kunos track and I believe so is the ai. But it looks much more "genuine" for the 80's F1 season although the layout might not be 100% accurate.

Are there any 80's skins for that Brands Hatch or ACC track version of Zolder?

I just found from previous discussions on this forum, these 2 reworks...improved physics, sounds, skins etc...try it :

Didnt think i'd see stuff I worked on ten years ago appear on here lol.

shi
Pinevale v1.0
View attachment 1324669
Fictional circuit in England.
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP Recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor Track by R Soul
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
pit_lane.ai by TITI
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
Tree, marshall, cameraman and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Alternative adboard skin here: https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/alternative-adboards-for-pinevale-circuit.66776/

Screenshot_corsavxr_16_track_pinevale_4-2-124-11-17-4.jpg

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back