Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,174 comments
Virginia International (VIR) mod

A mod i've been working on for awhile now. It's actually the first track I ever tried to mod and it's gone through a bunch of different iterations over the past few years. I finally got in a place I feel good enough about to make it public. It changes quite a lot of things so be sure to read the included readme file before trying it out. I'm not sure if dazzyb2k3 will approve of me releasing this. When I asked him if I could, he said he wanted to include this stuff in his own track update . That's been over a year now and I haven't heard from him. Since then i've seen other people release mods for the track on RD without him saying anything, so I felt it was ok to do this. If he asks, i'll pull it immediately.

It basically does what all my mods do. Adds some CSP features and makes the track easier on my eyes. Most of these older tracks designed before CSP\Sol\Pure became a thing are really bright for me. If you don't have that problem, then you probably won't like these updates.

VIR mod

View attachment 1325202

Love it! Thank you for your work RJ!
Could you (or maybe someone else here) also add the missing starting grid slots? Kinda makes the start/finish straight feel empty.

Last edited:
Hello guys,

I have a problem with the F1 2007 mod, bit complicated... I use the VRC cars for McLaren and Ferrari, I just did a race with original starting grid in Australia, the cars from the mod were pretty slow on the straights (just happens with ai) and the VRC cars started to lap them in lap 9 already, I did almost twice as I was also many secs faster than the VRC cars despite using the same difficulty as always, I did 1,30, the VRC ones did all from 1,38 to 1,47, and the other cars did everything from 1,42 to 1,55... Why is this happening, why am I so much faster than VRC cars and why is the ai driving the other 2007 so slow on the straights??

I hope you understand what I mean...

Indianapolis F1 Track mod
Road layout from 2000-2007,converted from rfactor 2.
IMS_road.png

F1_USA_2004.jpg

Screenshot_mygale_21_gen_2_indianapolis_2007_f1_4-2-124-21-39-0.jpg

Screenshot_mygale_21_gen_2_indianapolis_2007_f1_4-2-124-21-39-15.jpg

Screenshot_mygale_21_gen_2_indianapolis_2007_f1_4-2-124-21-40-9.jpg

Screenshot_mygale_21_gen_2_indianapolis_2007_f1_4-2-124-21-40-43.jpg

Screenshot_mygale_21_gen_2_indianapolis_2007_f1_4-2-124-21-46-44.jpg

Link:https://mega.nz/file/Ot4EWIyR#ExeFMCZMcgenkOq3WS1q-OznvGWwCrmoftNCP8RcFvI

Last edited:

A mod i've been working on for awhile now. It's actually the first track I ever tried to mod and it's gone through a bunch of different iterations over the past few years. I finally got in a place I feel good enough about to make it public. It changes quite a lot of things so be sure to read the included readme file before trying it out. I'm not sure if dazzyb2k3 will approve of me releasing this. When I asked him if I could, he said he wanted to include this stuff in his own track update . That's been over a year now and I haven't heard from him. Since then i've seen other people release mods for the track on RD without him saying anything, so I felt it was ok to do this. If he asks, i'll pull it immediately.

It basically does what all my mods do. Adds some CSP features and makes the track easier on my eyes. Most of these older tracks designed before CSP\Sol\Pure became a thing are really bright for me. If you don't have that problem, then you probably won't like these updates.

VIR mod

View attachment 1325202
If you chose to download the standalone version of the track from the link in the readme file, there is a typo in the ext_config that will make the track edges too bright. Replace it with this file. The package now includes this file if you ever need to download the track again.

For both versions, I cut some red out of the grass color as per a suggestion. If you find the grass has too much red tint, you can download the mod over again if you want. If you are okay with how the grass looks, no need to update. Nothing else changed.

Attachments

• rj_vir_config.zip
    7.9 KB · Views: 13
Hello guys,

I have a problem with the F1 2007 mod, bit complicated... I use the VRC cars for McLaren and Ferrari, I just did a race with original starting grid in Australia, the cars from the mod were pretty slow on the straights (just happens with ai) and the VRC cars started to lap them in lap 9 already, I did almost twice as I was also many secs faster than the VRC cars despite using the same difficulty as always, I did 1,30, the VRC ones did all from 1,38 to 1,47, and the other cars did everything from 1,42 to 1,55... Why is this happening, why am I so much faster than VRC cars and why is the ai driving the other 2007 so slow on the straights??

I hope you understand what I mean...

Are you doing an single race or playing a season? If it's single race, give the faster cars a ballast/restrictor values.

Usually when you're using two different car mods their speeds don't match. Maybe you could set the slowest drivers to drive the slower car model.

Are you doing an single race or playing a season? If it's single race, give the faster cars a ballast/restrictor values.

Usually when you're using two different car mods their speeds don't match. Maybe you could set the slowest drivers to drive the slower car model.
Okay, I'll try that, thank you.

PS: I got a problem with 2008 mod also, seems like I have it with any mod... The cars hit 276kph on main straight in Barcelona and then they stop accelerating, why is this happening??
Had the same with 2004 mod this morning

Last edited:
Okay, I'll try that, thank you.

PS: I got a problem with 2008 mod also, seems like I have it with any mod... The cars hit 276kph on main straight in Barcelona and then they stop accelerating, why is this happening??
Had the same with 2004 mod this morning

Go to gear settings and change the ratio. Then reduce the rear wing to get more top speed.

I would disable or reset the setting "AI" section of CSP
DElete all *.bin in "TRACKS" folder too

At least for me, no need anymore for SOL or other PP Filters since PURE 0.238...the end results is now ok in all conditions without tweaking anything
Thanks so much Nas

Go to gear settings and change the ratio. Then reduce the rear wing to get more top speed.
But this is happening with several cars, the problem wasn't there before, at least I hadn't noticed and the normal gear ratio works very well for me, only ai is slow... I hadn't changed a setting btw

What Do I tweak to not make the AI pit on lap 1?
Are you driving a single Race or a whole Weekend, with practice/qualify etc.?

Generally if you do Weekends with at least 5 to 10 minutes sessions before the race the AI will manage refuelling properly.
But that depends on the car(s) you are using as AI, too. Could be that there's something dumb in the car.ini file.

VIR mod

View attachment 1325202
I hate this game sometimes and i'm so sorry about this. I tested this mod so much that there is no way I could have overlooked this, but this morning the windows on the Full Course layout are all flickering for some reason. Replace the config in the Full Course layout extension folder with this one. It should fix it and hopefully doesn't cause some other problem tomorrow. The full mod download has been updated with this file for future downloads.

Attachments

• vir_full_course_config.zip
    1.1 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
Further to the above, try this. It'll limit the wing mirror FOV to 45 degrees on the CSP mirror adjustment app, so setting 45 degrees (which seems to be the sweet spot for the wing mirrors) is now simply a case of moving the slider all the way to one side. It also increases the left-right rotation to 90 degrees (from 60), meaning less bodywork/ more road is possible in the reflection.
Remove the .txt extension and add it to ...apps\lua\CarMirrorsConfigurator\CarMirrorsConfigurator.lua after backing up the original.
This assumes you've already installed the CSP mirrors app, of course.
Big spooky thanks to The Ghost Of Momma Bongos for the code.
Thank you so much Masscot for sharing this little nugget. You have no idea how much click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click you will be saving me with every car I try out to get a realistic mirror setting.

Last edited:
Now I kinda know what the problem is but no idea how to fix it... The ai is not going full throttle, they don't fully send it on the straights, but no idea why...

Hi all! I just wanted to ask the community: whats the best version of Monaco track today?
Monaco 2019 by CHiQuiFReaKy - although it's behind Patreon

Not perfect (parts in the tunnel seems goofy), but it's the most accurate model available. I heard he based it off Codemasters' version, but worked meticulously to address the inaccuracies, and he managed to do so for the most part.

Just tested it, and it's because of a combination of the LOD-switching, a CSP setting and COCKPIT_HR distance switch.

This is what's happening; the code is ONLY affecting the main model. Not LOD B, C or D. So the cars further away don't seem to have any issue.

For the Pagani you mentioned, the COCKPIT_HR dinstance switch is set to 7(meters) in the data.acd.
The LOD_0 > 1 switch is set to happen at 15 meters.

Our code put's those meshes inside cockpit_hr, which get's "deleted" after 7meters. This is when the meshes we transferred disappear. But since it only affects the main model, after 15meters, when the LOD_1 (or lodB) gets activated, and our code no longer applies, the meshes re-appear again.

The simplest solution would be to unpack the data.acd, and change the COCKPIT_HR - DISTANCE_SWITCH to the same value as the LOD_0 > 1 switch-value. Which in this case is 15 meters. This solves the issue, unless you have a default CSP function turned on (CSP-settings>Graphic Adjustments>LOD-settings>Force low-res cockpits for other cars in first person view.)

This might also be the right time to say that I'm no expert. I just like tinkering with my favorite game. I hadn't tested your use-case (with other cars) yet, so I'm glad you found this issue so fast.
Thx ! it's indeed solved by disabling this
Force low-res cockpits for other cars in first person view
and I increased the mutiplier for car LODs to 1000 % (rather then changing the data of the car)
1707064206286.png

It's very enjoyable now!
(But remains to be seen if this 1000 % doesn't yield too much performance issues with other mods...)

Now I kinda know what the problem is but no idea how to fix it... The ai is not going full throttle, they don't fully send it on the straights, but no idea why...

Okay the ai of every single car is so slow that it isn't even making it into the final gear, you know what... Imma reinstall the game now

Wrote to Ilja a couple of weeks ago about the AI (he answered so at least he is aware of it).
Every time an update comes, somehow the AI is always being ****ed up in one or in an other way... As an offline gamer, this is getting more and more frustrating. I even tried to record my own AI lines for some tracks and now after the end of its out-lap, the AI stops on the start/finish line for some reason!!!

Thank you so much Masscot for sharing this little nugget. You have no idea how much click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click click you will be saving me with every car I try out to get a realistic mirror setting.
You can also hold the click or CTRL + click on the number and enter the value of your choice and hit ENTER

Wrote to Ilja a couple of weeks ago about the AI (he answered so at least he is aware of it).
Every time an update comes, somehow the AI is always being ****ed up in one or in an other way... As an offline gamer, this is getting more and more frustrating. I even tried to record my own AI lines for some tracks and now after the end of its out-lap, the AI stops on the start/finish line for some reason!!!
Ohh, so this is because of an update?? How do we fix it... I had it once that the ai steered directly onto the racing line after the start but that "fixed" itself or let's say I don't know how it stopped doing this

Ohh, so this is because of an update?? How do we fix it... I had it once that the ai steered directly onto the racing line after the start but that "fixed" itself or let's say I don't know how it stopped doing this

To be honest I'm not sure that it's because of a specific update, but it didn't use to do it before. At least not of my knowledge.
But that's only one example of what's happening lately...
In some tracks the AI won't even leave the pits, in others it will hit walls for no reason, sometimes it will stop on the start/finish line, sometimes it will almost stop after getting out of the pits and into the track and sometimes it won't start the race but stay stationary on its starting grid slot. At least the last issue is solved after restarting the race.

I hate this game sometimes and i'm so sorry about this. I tested this mod so much that there is no way I could have overlooked this, but this morning the windows on the Full Course layout are all flickering for some reason. Replace the config in the Full Course layout extension folder with this one. It should fix it and hopefully doesn't cause some other problem tomorrow. The full mod download has been updated with this file for future downloads.
Hi Joe,

with this latest VIR update, are these skins still mandatory? Sorry, lost the tracker with it recently.

1707072830278.png

Folder Seasonal textures also include a weird file?!

1707072812161.png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back