Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,174 comments
The last improvement (as far as possible), adapting new parts from other cars.
Until someone came along to create a 3d model (definitive for 250TR61).
Added new windshields and modified the rear part.
MrLonguinha17,

Thank you for sharing these mods and videos, extremely impressive work! I am new to GTPLanet, and have been trying to recreate a series of Le Mans grids from the 1950-1980s for offline racing - I find the rapid improvement of the cars and technology during those years fascinating. I am teaching myself how to do skins, although I am limited to changing numbers at the moment. I have been able to adapt a few cars for my purposes using the AC Engine Tuner with decent BOP results. The early 1960s seems to work very well with multiclass grids - the speed difference is not as large as the later years, and the AI seems to cope much better. When you state that use parts from different cars for some of your work, are you combining parts of skins, or do you work with the underlying mesh? Many of the cars you have posted videos of are ones I am trying to find or recreate. Are you planning to release a carset/skin set at some point?

Thank you for your time! I have been race simming since the GP2/Grand Prix Legends days, and the historic racing is a very strong interest for me. Much appreciated!

C Fox/Otho

Yeah, pretty much have to...

#92-is-coming-04.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely incredible. The champs file reuploaded with correct calendar now. It now automatically picks up the layout number 6. Thanks guys. Link updated.

I was stupid enough to only test this track with the SimDream 1998 cars before. It was the problem with the cars, not the track. The ai seems to be pretty fast too. Wow.

We have a fully functional 1998 season now. That Silverstone track is pretty fast too and the layout should match the 1998 season as well.

Remember to include the 1998 skins for Buenos Aires from CM (Content-Track->Buenos Aires). They're there. I guess the champs files will not detect them automatically. Also get the period correct skins for the Red Bull ring. Links in the video.
I always thought layout 15 was F1? Am I wrong?

removed milkyness from Ferrari 348 windows + redone them so they look alot better quality plus other minor bits

i can only do so much with this there are problems withy both versions of this car. this is for the one that was updated by velo if you want these to work on the other version (claudio 1.0) all you need to do is change the naming of the .dds file

the interior banner is not (as far as i know) changeable its a case of it is what it is. looks better on the claudio 1.0 but the glass from the outside looks better with velo's soooooooooooooooooooo you can take your pic

to install (velo's version only) drag and drop to CM

edit if you wanted to use on claudio 1.0 you will need to change from a png file to a .dds as well as the name change**

Screenshot (447).png

Screenshot (451).png

Last edited:
Yep, from memory you install it via the CSP app shelf.
Found it and thanks. I think the image in it is still kind weird(looks like aspect ratio or something is wrong and even with the adjustment I still can't get it to look right, but this is much better than upside down flipped image before...

Hey guys, a short question on tracks... I don't have the best computer but when I race with many cars it is not lagging that much, I can steer the car reacts well all good, but there are three tracks that are a bit too heavy and I neither know why nor how I could fix it, the tracks that are a bit too heavy on fps are Jeddah, Melbourne 2022, but racing is kinda possible, but on Abu Dhabi 2021 it has so low performance that it changes to an understeer party, I hope smb knows what I mean

I hope anyone can help...

... I hope anyone can help...
Bufff... basically you have three options (from cheapest to expensive):

- Lower (a lot) graphical settings.

- Use (if exist) another version of the track, more optimized and fps friendly.

- And yes... to buy a more powerful PC...

Although the ideal would be for the modder who owns the track to continue optimizing it to make it compatible with all types of PC.

Last edited:
Bufff... basically you have three options (from cheapest to expensive):

- Lower (a lot) graphical settings.

- Use (if exist) another version of the track, more optimized and fps friendly.

- And yes... to buy a more powerful PC...

Although the ideal would be for the modder who owns the track to continue optimizing it to make it compatible with all types of PC.
Yeah, in long term I'm aiming for a new PC, and other versions aren't better so... yeah I thought it would smth like this, thanks for answering

This 1987 Championship has proven to be the best I've ever driven. Only two races left. I got 8th in the Jacarepagua qualifying but managed to overtake Brundle, Johansson and my teammate Mansell and finished 5th. Prost won, Alboreto 2nd and Senna third. One of the best races I ever had in AC. Now only Suzuka and Adelaide left and the championship points look like this.

People say that AC championship is nothing special. I disagree. It's perfect when you set it up well.

jXJpayx.jpg

Hey guys, a short question on tracks... I don't have the best computer but when I race with many cars it is not lagging that much, I can steer the car reacts well all good, but there are three tracks that are a bit too heavy and I neither know why nor how I could fix it, the tracks that are a bit too heavy on fps are Jeddah, Melbourne 2022, but racing is kinda possible, but on Abu Dhabi 2021 it has so low performance that it changes to an understeer party, I hope smb knows what I mean

I hope anyone can help...
i took the heaviset track i had (race day at sebring), adjusted all my settings with that track and a high poly car (over a million) so it would run smooth with that configuaration. you should not have any issues once that is dialled in as everything else compared to that will be less demanding.

Last edited:

Question, was there a fix for this car's rear view mirrors? In VR the side mirrors were upside down for me....
hmm... I didn't note that down as one of the issues , only these:

• flames from only 1 of the 2 pipes
  • wiper through sunstrip

for me the mirrors are ok (and did not use the FLIP option)... must be something on your end then.

Last edited:
Can i move a certain mesh in 3D , like a dashboard or seat with a csp command?

Like a graphical offset command or something

Last edited:
Is there a historic version of Jarama somewhere? I wanted to race the RSS Formula 1970 'round there, but I only found modern layout versions

With permission from @RacingSounds , I created a quick and not very good raceday layout for his excellent Zandvoort 2023 track. It was thrown together quickly so there are plenty of mistakes and I can't vouch for the accuracy of the placement of the grandstands. I used the 2020 version of the track as a guide on where to place things. Also, because of the terrain changes he made, the car objects I used don't line up right so you will see some floating and some sunken cars. I plan to do some more work on this eventually, like adding some sponsor billboards in front of the grandstands and a few other things. My hope is that @Pyyer beats me to it so that we can get a good race day mod for the track, but this will have to do for now.

The mod will overwrite @RacingSounds original ext_config files, but no changes were made to his settings. I needed to add a line at the bottom in order for the included grass skins to work, but you do not need to use them. The raceday layout will still work without one of the skins enabled. As for the skins, they will get progressively more burnt out looking as you go down the line. There is also less saturated versions of the skins included if you find the grass too vibrant.

Zandvoort 2023 Raceday Layout

As always, please let me know of any mistakes or suggestions on how to improve it.

View attachment 1322170
Optional update that only corrects one thing, the sunken cars on the left side parking lot just before the main grandstand. To be honest, you couldn't even see them when driving and they were only noticeable using one replay cam, but I fixed them anyways. This is just the updated kn5 file so the download size is not too big. The main download link already includes this for new users or if you ever need to download the mod again.

Zandvoort 2023 Raceday kn5 update

View attachment 1324961

F1 2007 V....Early access mod released by Cimmerian_Iter
Hey guys, today I present you a 2007 season mod based on FSONE for Assetto Corsa. I've done this in my spare time because people begged hard for it. Here's a early access as I don't really have time to proof-read this, so if you notice a bug or a problem on a car tell me so that I'll fix it in a new update.

Features :

• Cars​

DOWNLOAD LINK : HERE

View attachment 1324963
View attachment 1324964
View attachment 1324965
View attachment 1324966
View attachment 1324967
Hi, congratulations on your work and thank you for making these beautiful Mods available to us... Luckily you converted them in your spare time, imagine if you did it full time 😊... A few small things to fix but nothing major.. Because are there 2 Hondas? I don't remember 2 developed versions...Thanks again. You should also think about a 1998 or 2002, 2005 season and why not a nice 2012, perhaps with some financial support from all of us... In the meantime, let's wait for the other 2010 update and the highly anticipated 2011. 😍

Hi, congratulations on your work and thank you for making these beautiful Mods available to us... Luckily you converted them in your spare time, imagine if you did it full time 😊... A few small things to fix but nothing major.. Because are there 2 Hondas? I don't remember 2 developed versions...Thanks again. You should also think about a 1998 or 2002, 2005 season and why not a nice 2012, perhaps with some financial support from all of us... In the meantime, let's wait for the other 2010 update and the highly anticipated 2011. 😍
Tbh the Simdr... 2002/05 mods are quite okay in my opinion and for 2000 we got ACFL which looks also not that bad, but needs better physics maybe, we are lacking of 1998/99, and good mod for 2006, 2012 and 2013, but this is just my opinion

Last edited:
Can i move a certain mesh in 3D , like a dashboard or seat with a csp command?

Like a graphical offset command or something
I don't know any code that could move the mesh directly from ext_config. Only time I can manually offset something is when importing a kn5 file. Like this:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = bm_porsche_959.kn5
HIDE = INT_LCD
INSERT = geo_int_displays_001.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = COCKPIT_HR
INSERT_IN = COCKPIT_HR
MULTIPLE = 0
MERGE = 0
SCALE = 0.95, 1, 1
ROTATION = 0, -33, 0
OFFSET =-0.045, 0.715, 0.503 ; left/right, up/down, front/back

There's no option like that mentioned on the CSP github - mesh adjustment page.
But I'm the first to admit that I don't know half of the things you can do with CM/CSP.

I did once move a passenger seat back for a certain car, but that was through 3ds.

Tbh the Simdr... 2002/05 mods are quite okay in my opinion and for 2000 we got ACFL which looks also not that bad, but needs better physics maybe, we are lacking of 1998/99, and good mod for 2006, 2012 and 2013, but this is just my opinion
We really need a 1998 and 1999 F1 mod, especially 1999. After all these years nobody has really done 1999.

I don't know any code that could move the mesh directly from ext_config. Only time I can manually offset something is when importing a kn5 file. Like this:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = bm_porsche_959.kn5
HIDE = INT_LCD
INSERT = geo_int_displays_001.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = COCKPIT_HR
INSERT_IN = COCKPIT_HR
MULTIPLE = 0
MERGE = 0
SCALE = 0.95, 1, 1
ROTATION = 0, -33, 0
OFFSET =-0.045, 0.715, 0.503 ; left/right, up/down, front/back

There's no option like that mentioned on the CSP github - mesh adjustment page.
But I'm the first to admit that I don't know half of the things you can do with CM/CSP.

I did once move a passenger seat back for a certain car, but that was through 3ds.
Sad Michael Scott GIF

It's a shame that's exactly what it's about: unseparated meshes, moving objects, it's all difficult and or you have to know your way around 3ds, I hate Autodesk

Would anyone know if this was intentional or just overlooked by Yezhrod?

I always wondered why the yzd_aston_martin_v8_vantage_gte car got out of shape when I downshifted to first gear a lot of times and I stumbled across something in the setup.ini that i'm wondering if was done on purpose. The first gear code looks like this:

GEAR_1]
RATIOS=ratios.rto
NAME=First Gear
POS_X=0.5
POS_Y=0
HELP=HELP_REAR_GEAR

It's missing a '[' symbol and in the setup menu has no first gear listing. So I added it and created a new data.acd file and the car works much better when downshifting, but i'm not sure if that was the right thing to do or if he intentionally set it that way. Would anyone know?

If it was an oversight on his part, I attached the updated data file along with the original in case anyone wants it.

Attachments

• yzd_aston_martin_v8_vantage_gte_data_replacement.zip
    163.1 KB · Views: 10
missed something that was kind of fixable but not perfect. i spottted a gap between the drivers door mirror and the body so i tried to hide that as best i could it certainly does not look worse. I have also removed the black trim around the windows, if you want the trim around the windows go to the "history" tab and download the other upload i left it there to give choice. i have added the door mirror bodge to both versions. Like i say its not a perfect fix but at least there is no hole on that side anymore which is visible.

think its time i took a few weeks of skinning, come back fresh in a few weeks im pretty burnt out from it.

thanks

Screenshot (452).png

Screenshot (453).png

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back