Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 138,174 comments
hello, someone knows how to fix the resolution of mirrors (real mirrors). Right miorror looks pixelated
I have tried a lot of things (review materials, look for mirrors.ini in data folder, reset smart mirror file, review the config of resolutions for mirrors in settings, etc...) without success.
If I use CSP preview it works but If I play with it, it goes blurry and kjust the left and right mirrors, central mirror works as it should.

Any Ideas?

1707186789493.png

I don't know any code that could move the mesh directly from ext_config. Only time I can manually offset something is when importing a kn5 file. Like this:

[MODEL_REPLACEMENT_...]
ACTIVE = 1
FILE = bm_porsche_959.kn5
HIDE = INT_LCD
INSERT = geo_int_displays_001.kn5
INSERT_AFTER = COCKPIT_HR
INSERT_IN = COCKPIT_HR
MULTIPLE = 0
MERGE = 0
SCALE = 0.95, 1, 1
ROTATION = 0, -33, 0
OFFSET =-0.045, 0.715, 0.503 ; left/right, up/down, front/back

There's no option like that mentioned on the CSP github - mesh adjustment page.
But I'm the first to admit that I don't know half of the things you can do with CM/CSP.

I did once move a passenger seat back for a certain car, but that was through 3ds.
insert_after and insert_in is an either/or btw, not both

Sad Michael Scott GIF

It's a shame that's exactly what it's about: unseparated meshes, moving objects, it's all difficult and or you have to know your way around 3ds, I hate Autodesk
there's no moving existing meshes through csp (only added ones as mentioned). But if it's something like moving a seat or similar object it's not entirely difficult to do in 3d software

After the first attempt (which was not good), the panel (imported together with the 3d model) and the cockpit were not well adjusted, I asked our friend "MrHunt" for help, who suggested that perhaps we should go for another Mustang model (and maybe adapt the skins on it), or look for another similar 3d model (but I found the same one I had) but I found it on another GTR2 website (which he had suggested) (the Le Mans 1997 skins) that would fit the model that I imported (I decided to give more thought to what I could adapt better).

The solution to avoid "bugging" the imported model (in which the panel was superimposed on the base model), was to remove the steering wheel (which was present in the COCKPIT HR and COCKPIT LH files (I don't know why they complicate it so much), in addition to the cages (also present in both files ), remove the bank from the model I imported.I had to import the wheels from another Ford model (Australian), with wheels similar to the 1997 Ford Saleen.

The headlights were reasonable but they work.
I did a quick test on the track (it worked well).
I couldn't adjust the rev counter arrows.
In short, another simple model (to compose the 1997 Grid).Now it's time to pass it on to our friend, to take a look at the textures.

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1707195236.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1707195236.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 14
  • __custom_showroom_1707195248.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1707195248.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 11
  • __custom_showroom_1707195272.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1707195272.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 10
  • __custom_showroom_1707195284.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1707195284.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 15
  • __custom_showroom_1707195321.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1707195321.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 14
Virginia International (VIR) mod

A mod i've been working on for awhile now. It's actually the first track I ever tried to mod and it's gone through a bunch of different iterations over the past few years. I finally got in a place I feel good enough about to make it public. It changes quite a lot of things so be sure to read the included readme file before trying it out. I'm not sure if dazzyb2k3 will approve of me releasing this. When I asked him if I could, he said he wanted to include this stuff in his own track update . That's been over a year now and I haven't heard from him. Since then i've seen other people release mods for the track on RD without him saying anything, so I felt it was ok to do this. If he asks, i'll pull it immediately.

It basically does what all my mods do. Adds some CSP features and makes the track easier on my eyes. Most of these older tracks designed before CSP\Sol\Pure became a thing are really bright for me. If you don't have that problem, then you probably won't like these updates.

VIR mod

View attachment 1325202
Hello
How download this?

Last edited by a moderator:
shi
F1 1992 Track Pack v1.0

-CSP recommended
-Includes 16 tracks

(Kyalami, Autódromo Hermanos Rodríguez, Interlagos, Barcelona, Imola, Monaco, Montreal, Magny Cours, Silverstone, Hockenheimring, Hungaroring, Spa, Monza, Estoril, Suzuka, Adelaide)

converted/updated by shin956

Please see my patreon post or readme for credits for each Tracks.
Thank you to all involved.

Patreon download link;
ASR Formula website download link;

Enjoy.

02/06/2024 - Imola/ Montreal/ Silverstone updated to v1.01.

Imola 1992/ Montreal 1992/ Silverstone 1992 updated to v1.01.
The link is in the quote.

Imola 1992 v1.01

changelog;
-Updated AI line for chicane.
-Changed the background to a 3D one.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Montreal 1992/ Silverstone 1992 v1.01

changelog;
-New AI by @Rainmaker87 . (Thanks)

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
Other my wip list;

Last edited:
According to Wikipedia it's the layout 6. But Wikipedia has been wrong often.

Layout 15 looks quite a bit different.

This time Wikipedia seems to be correct. But this layout sometimes is called 6-S because it includes the Senna-S.
Checked for 1998 in https://www.statsf1.com/en/circuit-buenos-aires.aspx and https://www.racingcircuits.info/south-america/argentina/buenos-aires.html
And to be precise the bsas_h22 doesn't have the no. 6 layout from Wikipedia. Nor the bsas_h22_2023. Only acf_buenos_aires has it. In the Breathe listing.

Last edited:
Next GT4 is done from my side: the Porsche Cayman GT4 CS MR

20240206-004847-Porsche_718_Cayman_GT4_CS_MR.png

20240206-005000-Porsche_718_Cayman_GT4_CS_MR.png

20240205-203321-Porsche_718_Cayman_GT4_CS_MR.png

20240205-203355-Porsche_718_Cayman_GT4_CS_MR.png

And some interior shots:

20240206-001526-Porsche_718_Cayman_GT4_CS_MR.png

20240206-000742-Porsche_718_Cayman_GT4_CS_MR.png

20240206-001621-Porsche_718_Cayman_GT4_CS_MR.png

I reworked the lights, so they are using EXTRA_FX_EMISSIVE now and I corrected selflighting + LIGHT_HEADLIGHT position:
20240206-000657-Porsche_718_Cayman_GT4_CS_MR.png

20240206-000706-Porsche_718_Cayman_GT4_CS_MR.png

20240205-001211-Porsche_718_Cayman_GT4_CS_MR.png

20240205-001813-Porsche_718_Cayman_GT4_CS_MR.png

The car has completely new physics like all the other cars too and is more aggressive during turn in than before😄
Feels like a Porsche now.
Hope you like it

Is there a historic version of Jarama somewhere? I wanted to race the RSS Formula 1970 'round there, but I only found modern layout versions
Jarama 1967 It's not in the Breathe listing because of this with the red fonts

I second this, please use VRC for both mclaren and Ferrari. I converted them to do a full package but they are definitely lacking compared to vrc.
Now I'm curious how to BoP the VRC's because in melbourne_2019 (the acu version revised by patrikpat) they are from 6 to 14 seconds faster than yours.

Can i move a certain mesh in 3D , like a dashboard or seat with a csp command?

Like a graphical offset command or something
Depending on the task, it's a fairly easy job in 3D. Like, 5min packing/unpacking job. Re-importing it to AC is a boring pain in the a** because KsEditor is a bugfest, but not difficult too. Might also need re-correcting all materials properly in CM if needed. I'd say moving the mesh is the easy 1% of the total job needed to do it. If you think it's worth the effort, i'll gladly help for the moving thingy :lol:

The TRR mustang is released!

View attachment 1325859
It would be very difficult to create a skin without the use of CM Showroom... is this necessary?
The saying goes, that you shouldn't attribute to malice, that which can be explained by incompetence, but honestly in AC, in 2024, when there are multiple encryption modes readily available, I really question the motivation of folks who do this.. ugliness. "Whacha hiding, Willus?"

But, I guess they serve as self-identifying bin candidates, as @Fanapryde says, so there's that easing of our workload to be grateful for :)

Last edited:
And what has THIS track to do with 1967?

I am also looking for a vintage Jarama (same for Brands... i know there is one in the making for years right now....but never ready :( )
I'm sorry but I must admit that I didn't try it before, but I saw the year 1967 in ui_track.json and I thought it was correct. Now I know that Vodafone and Ebay didn't existed on the time! Maybe the layout?

Last edited:
I'm sorry but I must admit that I didn't try it before, but I saw the year 1967 in ui_track.json and I thought it was correct. Now I know that Vodafone and Ebay didn't existed on the time! Maybe the layout?
This is BH from 1976 https://sharemods.com/tovripr8vzdf/brands_hatch_76.7z.html

I'm looking for the sam track btw, but Jarama doesn't exist in old layout, same for some Zandvoort versions I'd like to have, and other missing (mainly old F1 tracks from 50s and so on) tracks but hey this game amazes me all the time, maybe one of those tracks will appear tomorrow outta nowhere

Hi, every now and then it happens to me that with the different
updates, some cars become outdated/ugly. For example: I have a GR Yaris that in the game the headlights look dark, but in the CM Showroom they look fine. It also happens to me with others that the lights in the game seem "alive" (they move as if they had ants). Could it be due to some configuration of the many CM tabs? I leave a sample. Greetings

AC-showroom_vs_game.jpg

Last edited:
Hi, every now and then it happens to me that with the different
updates, some cars become outdated/ugly. For example: I have a GR Yaris that in the game the headlights look dark, but in the CSP Showroom they look fine. It also happens to me with others that the lights in the game seem "alive" (they move as if they had ants). Could it be due to some configuration of the many CM tabs? I leave a sample. Greetings

View attachment 1325951
Same here. For a long time. If you find a solution let me know please.
I have AMD grahics card. Maybe thats the problem?

After the first attempt (which was not good), the panel (imported together with the 3d model) and the cockpit were not well adjusted, I asked our friend "MrHunt" for help, who suggested that perhaps we should go for another Mustang model (and maybe adapt the skins on it), or look for another similar 3d model (but I found the same one I had) but I found it on another GTR2 website (which he had suggested) (the Le Mans 1997 skins) that would fit the model that I imported (I decided to give more thought to what I could adapt better).

The solution to avoid "bugging" the imported model (in which the panel was superimposed on the base model), was to remove the steering wheel (which was present in the COCKPIT HR and COCKPIT LH files (I don't know why they complicate it so much), in addition to the cages (also present in both files ), remove the bank from the model I imported.I had to import the wheels from another Ford model (Australian), with wheels similar to the

1997 Ford Saleen.

The headlights were reasonable but they work.
I did a quick test on the track (it worked well).
I couldn't adjust the rev counter arrows.
In short, another simple model (to compose the 1997 Grid).Now it's time to pass it on to our friend, to take a look at the textures.

A few years ago I made one for GTR2
zmodel12.jpg
zmodel11.jpg
zmodel10.jpg

I suppose the "Sandvooerde" 65, 67, 73 are nothing new for you. Don´t know further ones.

Thanks for your efford but how should i say .... track needs lot of work. What is also pity, there are still some modern billboards which are completely killing the immersion this could be a 70s track.
If someone did smt similar to this > https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/rt-oulton-park-early-1960s-skin.65201/ < to Kunos Brands Hatch, we would have a very decent vintage version of that track on AC.

But for now, that´s only a dream...

Found it and thanks. I think the image in it is still kind weird(looks like aspect ratio or something is wrong and even with the adjustment I still can't get it to look right, but this is much better than upside down flipped image before...
I had the upside down mirrors in this recently I deleted and reinstalled fixed it for me

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back