Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,611 comments
New Detroit Street Circuit is out for the IndyCar fans - first time this track has been released for free.

That's a fascinating track. I checked and it has completely different looking layout than the original Detroit circuit that was used in F1 1982-1988 and CART 89-91. I've driven that old layout a LOT in AC and quite enjoy it.

I have to give this a go. Thanks.

New Detroit Street Circuit is out for the IndyCar fans - first time this track has been released for free.

Due to a misunderstanding - and that I have been, and am, out of the scene for a while- I passed him the old circuit file. It is an old version but I still hope it works until I have more time. Kyle and PAQUITOCR are doing a great job since I don't have the time or mood for AC right now.

In any case, the circuit in the future will have surroundings, more buildings, different types of asphalt with different types of surfaces (bumpy, very bumpy) and textures trying to copy Detroit unique asphalt, with the tyre groove line adding a dirty detail to it.

As for the pit number, the number is 30 - the default by Indycar - and we are waiting to see what IMSA does to fit 40-50 cars in that pit. My idea is to make another pit area or overlap them in the same one.

Last edited:
Due to a misunderstanding - and that I have been, and am, out of the scene for a while- I passed him the old circuit file. It is an old version but I still hope it works until I have more time. Kyle and PAQUITOCR are doing a great job since I don't have the time or mood for AC right now.

In any case, the circuit in the future will have surroundings, more buildings, different types of asphalt with different types of surfaces (bumpy, very bumpy) and textures trying to copy Detroit unique asphalt, with the tyre groove line adding a dirty detail to it.

As for the pit number, the number is 30 - the default by Indycar - and we are waiting to see what IMSA does to fit 40-50 cars in that pit. My idea is to make another pit area or overlap them in the same one.
Looking forward to future updates. Already looks good in the present state.
For those who care, here's the sections file (goes in data folder), and while I'm at it, the logo too...

Attachments

• sections.ini
    871 bytes · Views: 8
  • logo.png
    logo.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
Hey Greg, did you check this hybrid I did with ACFL, skins and six other cars that I found. The other cars are pretty much fillers as they're slower but at least I got a 20 car 1987 grid. And you can add even more if you want.

I did a full season with this combo and it was quite realistic and very enjoyable. Not as polished as ASR or RSS 1990 but beggars can't be choosers. ACFL cars are at least fast and drive pretty much like any Lotus98T based F1 mod. They lose their tyres really fast if you spin or turn the car with gas 360 degrees and if you're having longer races you definitely need pitstops.

In the season I was driving with Piquet and was 6 points behind Mansell after Estoril but I wasn't competitive at Suzuka and Adelaide and finished 3rd after Senna (Lotus) and Mansell. It was very enjoyable season. ACFL costs a few bucks but all other free stuff to download is in the video description. Give it a go!

I would love to have 1985 and 1989 too. Crazy that there is no 1989. Second part of the Senna vs Prost trilogy (1991 doesn't count as Prost's Ferrari was slow as a truck as he described it LOL).

the fact that the Williams Honda has a red generic helmet is bugging my OCD 🤣
and no ASR Lotus from 87 ? :P

Last edited:
Guys, anyone run into this before. This just started happening. My OCD is going nuts...

1708120631972.png

I've tried changing the outer limits of each setting and it continues to be lop-sided like that.

Edit: I also just noticed that the wind adjuster is doing the same thing:

1708126806437.png

Last edited:
the fact that the Williams Honda has a red generic helmet is bugging my OCD 🤣
and no ASR Lotus from 87 ? :P

Yeah. That is bugging me too. I have to get into some graphics modding myself.

The problem is that when you add cars from different makers it ruins the realism of the qualifying/race times. These six cars that I added are already three seconds slower on most tracks (at ai level 99) and constantly take the last positions on the grid in the QF. I wish someone just finished those skins for the ACFL cars so it'd be all consistent. But it's not a huge deal as the added cars are all smaller teams and not top drivers... and they're pretty much just "fillers" now.

For me the realistic QF/race results during the whole season are much more important than the graphics.

As for the results I think it was pretty accurate. This was the situatiion before the two last races.

The real 1987 was just Mansell/Piquet battle. Senna won the street circuits and the Lotus was good but way behind. And so was McLaren that year.

jXJpayx.jpg

Last edited:
Hey guys, I have a weird situation regarding compressing files in AC using CM (LZX algorithm). Hope someone can clear this up.

I moved all my AC files from internal HDD to external SSD 2 years ago for more space and faster loading. While on the HDD it was compressed, but after moving to SSD it got decompressed. At that point I still have plenty of space on the SSD so I didn't bother compressing just yet.

Fast forward last week, my 1TB (effectively 931 GB) SSD is full, so I let the compression run for 12 hours (250,000+ files :crazy:). Managed to squeeze 779 GB of compressible files to around 171 GB (around 22% ratio).

This week, I added new mods as usual (maybe around a dozen cars), and run the compression to pack the new mods. Back in the old days of using HDD I do this every week and it takes only a short amount of time because it only needs to compress the new stuff (usually 1000-2000 files). But to my surprise CM shows 9,000+ files to be compressed, and the compression ratio has expanded from 22% to 44%. Instead of 171 GB the data now takes up 344 GB :odd: Sure the new mods add space but it won't be more than 1-2 GB max. It looks like some of the old compressed files had become decompressed by itself (mostly tracks looking at the file names).

How is this even possible? Is it because the data is on SSD instead of HDD? Also it might just be me but the compression takes way longer now to progress. Is it double compressing already compressed files? I'm also worried that one day everything might decompress by itself and the data will become corrupt because it exceeds the SSD's capacity.

I can just leave it and not worry because I still have 432 GB of free space left, but I just wanna know if anyone has experienced something similar and how to solve it because it's certainly a bit odd. I don't want to have to re-compress all of my tracks every week, just the new mods that are recently added.

Last edited:
Guys, anyone run into this before. This just started happening. My OCD is going nuts...

View attachment 1328668

I've tried changing the outer limits of each setting and it continues to be lop-sided like that.

Edit: I also just noticed that the wind adjuster is doing the same thing:

View attachment 1328687
me too...but for the wind it seems to work...
edit: Hold on... just got a ninja update and all is OK again.

Last edited:
As long as no one develops something closer to the real thing in relation to the 3 models:

Ferrari 250TR/61,
330TRI/LM62,
330TRI/LM63,

Follow the link to the "fake" Ferraris, at least to make up the Le Mans grid and have some fun.
What was possible to improve in the textures/shadows of the cars, were done by our mate "MrHunt".

Some skins were just adapted (as I decided not to create another fake Ferrari 246P model)Below are some prints of the models.

FERRARI 250TR/61-Fantuzzi - 330TRI/LM62-Fantuzzi - 330TRI/LM63-Fantuzzi
Hello,
Again a good job !!
I will drive the 250 Tri against maserati tipo 60, ferrari 250 SWB, porsche 718 etc.. at Sebring

thank you very much for this cars.

Hey guys, I have a weird situation regarding compressing files in AC using CM. Hope someone can clear this up.

I moved all my AC files from internal HDD to external SSD 2 years ago for more space and faster loading. While on the HDD it was compressed, but after moving to SSD it got decompressed. At that point I still have plenty of space on the SSD so I didn't bother compressing just yet.

Fast forward last week, my 1TB (effectively 931 GB) SSD is full, so I let the compression run for 12 hours (250,000+ files :crazy:). Managed to squeeze 779 GB of compressible files to around 171 GB (around 22% ratio).

This week, I added new mods as usual (maybe around a dozen cars), and run the compression to pack the new mods. Back in the old days of using HDD I do this every week and it takes only a short amount of time because it only needs to compress the new stuff (usually 1000-2000 files). But to my surprise CM shows 9,000+ files to be compressed, and the compression ratio has expanded from 22% to 44%. Instead of 171 GB the data now takes up 344 GB :odd: Sure the new mods add space but it won't be more than 1-2 GB max. It looks like some of the old compressed files had become decompressed by itself (mostly tracks looking at the file names).

How is this even possible? Is it because the data is on SSD instead of HDD? Also it might just be me but the compression takes way longer now to progress. Is it double compressing already compressed files? I'm also worried that one day everything might decompress by itself and the data will become corrupt because it exceeds the SSD's capacity.

I can just leave it and not worry because I still have 432 GB of free space left, but I just wanna know if anyone has experienced something similar and how to solve it because it's certainly a bit odd. I don't want to have to re-compress all of my tracks every week, just the new mods that are recently added.
hi, I don't know which program you use to compress , but could be you compress now w different algorythm?

As for files getting uncompressed , that is possible whenever a file gets write access, it gets decompressed... I'm not sure how many files in a track folder get written to when you race , but that would explain potentially why files which were compressed before could have gotten flagged to get compressed again (since they were no longer compressed because they were changed).

Then let's assume you first compressed w LZX, and now you did the compress w XPRESS8K for example instead... that could account for the increased disk space usage.

1708128278859.png

hi, I don't know which program you use to compress , but could be you compress now w different algorythm?

As for files getting uncompressed , that is possible whenever a file gets write access, it gets decompressed... I'm not sure how many files in a track folder get written to when you race , but that would explain potentially why files which were compressed before could have gotten flagged to get compressed again (since they were no longer compressed because they were changed).

Then let's assume you first compressed w LZX, and now you did the compress w XPRESS8K for example instead... that could account for the increased disk space usage.

View attachment 1328694
I'm using the standard Content Manager compression tool (LZX).

I don't think it's because the tracks get used. Even before when I was still using my HDD and compressing every week none of the files ever get decompressed after I raced with them. Obviously if I had changed something on the file itself then it would naturally be decompressed, I understand this. But in normal gameplay it shouldn't do that.

Idk if AC is creating them. BUT. If you have the possibility to create it yourself, i would always go this way. You have more influence then on how they will look. It depends on the texture itself, if the mipmap just looks too dark or too bright, after the shrinking.

So if you do them manually and check them, you can control the way the small textures will look.
You can also use a better resizing function which takes more processing, but deliver better rezized textures.
I think AC does auto generate them, like how if you use png it'll just convert it to dds anyways, but idk the quality of the auto generated stuff.

I think I finally got the grass texture colors were I like them on Donington Park 2023. I still saw too much yellow and magenta and not enough green in the ones I released in the most recent update. Feel free to give these a try if you want to. The Grass 2 skin is just a less saturated version of the Grass skin. Best to hold on to your previous versions until after you test these.

DP2023 Grass Alternatives

Grass Skin:
grass.jpg

Grass2 Skin:
grass2.jpg

I forget that not everyone follows WEC/Porsche/Manthey... I'm working on the WEC Manthey #91 2024 skin. (I mention it in case someone says "Me Too!", in which case I could stop ;) ) (For the Bonny 992, btw)

(CLose... more arrows :( )
View attachment 1323499
Hello man, Beautiful skin, but what car version is it for? The skin looks great in version 1.1 but as soon as I touch anything the whole car turns black, is there any way to fix this? Thank you!!

Hello man, Beautiful skin, but what car version is it for? The skin looks great in version 1.1 but as soon as I touch anything the whole car turns black, is there any way to fix this? Thank you!!
Not sure what version that is, but it's due to the damage map (problem with an earlier version). Quick fix is to delete EXT_Damage_Map.dds. I will double check the current download and update by tmrw if there's a problem.

shi
Indianapolis 1988 v1.0

View attachment 1328541
Conversion from rFactor.

-CSP recommended
-46 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor Track by Unknown
-I tried to find the author but could not. Thanks for his work.

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
.lua and font base by @gunnar333
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

Love the mod but could you swap pits so that the stalls start by the exit and not right on entry? Besides that this is absolutely fantastic.

I'm using the standard Content Manager compression tool (LZX).

I don't think it's because the tracks get used. Even before when I was still using my HDD and compressing every week none of the files ever get decompressed after I raced with them. Obviously if I had changed something on the file itself then it would naturally be decompressed, I understand this. But in normal gameplay it shouldn't do that.
FYI -
"CM" does not do the compression, it is Windows. CM simply provides an interface to the standard Win 10/11 compression.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back