Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,798 comments
Hey Greg, did you check this hybrid I did with ACFL, skins and six other cars that I found. The other cars are pretty much fillers as they're slower but at least I got a 20 car 1987 grid. And you can add even more if you want.

I did a full season with this combo and it was quite realistic and very enjoyable. Not as polished as ASR or RSS 1990 but beggars can't be choosers. ACFL cars are at least fast and drive pretty much like any Lotus98T based F1 mod. They lose their tyres really fast if you spin or turn the car with gas 360 degrees and if you're having longer races you definitely need pitstops.

In the season I was driving with Piquet and was 6 points behind Mansell after Estoril but I wasn't competitive at Suzuka and Adelaide and finished 3rd after Senna (Lotus) and Mansell. It was very enjoyable season. ACFL costs a few bucks but all other free stuff to download is in the video description. Give it a go!

I would love to have 1985 and 1989 too. Crazy that there is no 1989. Second part of the Senna vs Prost trilogy (1991 doesn't count as Prost's Ferrari was slow as a truck as he described it LOL).

Yeah I basically just use the RSS 1986 with season skins to scratch that era’s itch, as it were, until something dedicated shows up for ‘87. All I have so far for 1989, is the ASR McLaren and a very rudimentary(and abandoned) Benetton.

For 1990, I use ASR’s Ferrari and McLaren, with very average grid fillers from SD.

Last edited:
Not sure what version that is, but it's due to the damage map (problem with an earlier version). Quick fix is to delete EXT_Damage_Map.dds. I will double check the current download and update by tmrw if there's a problem.
Yes, that worked, thank you very much!

Yeah I basically just use the RSS 1986 with season skins to scratch that era’s itch, as it were, until something dedicated shows up for ‘87. All I have so far for 1989, is the ASR McLaren and a very rudimentary(and abandoned) Benetton.

For 1990, I use ASR’s Ferrari and McLaren, with very average grid fillers from SD.

Why not RSS 1990?

Best F1 mod I've ever driven. Yes, I think it's even better than ASR 1991 and 1992 which are incredible too.

The street circuits need pretty radical negative toe setting though. I used -10 to make it turn better. But the driving feel is great.

But yeah waiting for the 1989 too. Great year.

Last edited:

Attachments

• Adsız.png
    Adsız.png
    241.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Adsız1.png
    Adsız1.png
    219.2 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Guys, anyone run into this before. This just started happening. My OCD is going nuts...

View attachment 1328668

I've tried changing the outer limits of each setting and it continues to be lop-sided like that.

Edit: I also just noticed that the wind adjuster is doing the same thing:

View attachment 1328687
The same for me
me too...but for the wind it seems to work...
edit: Hold on... just got a ninja update and all is OK again.
HINT: these features have an optional-addon-value (i.e. outward-sliders), which compliments the feature-value, EG. Opponent's Strength, Aggression & Wind - thus making a varied (or range) value of that particular feature, EG. Strength-range from <92 through to 98.5%.

optional-addon-feature.png

Once you've driven a bit, these optional range-values can be used to make a great-race to a more, how should we say, an unexpected race finish.

removed-addon-feature.png

TIP: to remove the additional sliders, double-click the optional-value and press the DEL key, alternatively, press 0 & ENTER.

HINT: these features have an optional-addon-value (i.e. outward-sliders), which compliments the feature-value, EG. Opponent's Strength, Aggression & Wind - thus making a varied (or range) value of that particular feature, EG. Strength-range from <92 through to 98.5%.

View attachment 1328824

Once you've driven a bit, these optional range-values can be used to make a great-race to a more, how should we say, an unexpected race finish.

View attachment 1328825

TIP: to remove the additional sliders, double-click the optional-value and press the DEL key, alternatively, press 0 & ENTER.
Yep thanks, I'm aware of their function, but for a short while, before the CM update yesterday, they did not work as intended anymore.

These are apps you have active: track description, track map and one I can't name because I don't use it ( some timing ?)
disable them from the app bar, reduce the size, relocate them on your screen or whatever. Nothing 'horrible' about them imo.
Perhaps I should have been more clear. The apps are fine. My hud is super cluttered, but I like it that way. I'm more talking about the Sauber on my left appearing out of thin air when there was only its shadow visible before. Happens in every onboard camera.

Thank you for this wonderful thing.

There is a problem with the corner of the windshield and the front panel needs some computerization.

And a working odometer would be good.
Thank you for your detailed feedback. I was planning to fix the interior panel in the next update. but I overlooked the holes in the corners of the glass. I will also consider installing an odometer.

There's still a long way to go until it's complete, but we hope you'll keep an eye out for fixes and updates.

Yep thanks, I'm aware of their function, but for a short while, before the CM update yesterday, they did not work as intended anymore.
Did you manage to solve it? I still have that problem, I'm on 0.8.2633.39678.
For everyone else, this is the problem:

Nothing mod related, but every once in awhile I run into a shot like this and i'm reminded of just how lucky I am to have run across this game and all of the members who contribute to making it better. All the track makers who build great tracks, the variety of cars to drive from all the car creators, Ilja for enhancing the game with CSP and @Peter Boese for creating such a great weather system.

I mean really, does this look like it comes from a 10+ year old game? And I did nothing to enhance it other than resize it to fit the forum requirements.

font.jpg

Nothing mod related, but every once in awhile I run into a shot like this and i'm reminded of just how lucky I am to have run across this game and all of the members who contribute to making it better. All the track makers who build great tracks, the variety of cars to drive from all the car creators, Ilja for enhancing the game with CSP and @Peter Boese for creating such a great weather system.

I mean really, does this look like it comes from a 10+ year old game? And I did nothing to enhance it other than resize it to fit the forum requirements.

View attachment 1328837
17.02.2024  IV PureCS_2.0  F1 2011 - Force India VJM04 - Spa (628).png

Last edited:
I didn't solve anything. shortly after replying, I got this CM update and all works as before (same version number as yours)
The difference is data version seen in settings > custom manager > general > auto updates. This is the latest.

Untitled.png

Last edited:

View attachment 1328837

Was thinking exactly the same thing last night while testing the dynamic helicopters mod for Bathurst yesterday. It might seem like a little detail in a racing game but in this case it adds a lot to the atmosphere.

I was also amazed by how well it seamlessly integrates to the track. And of course Peter is a genius and I will be eternally grateful for the gift he gave us with Pure (I'm still struggling with the planner though, can't figure out how to make the timed option work the the way I want :D )

What an amazing "ancient" game and what an amazing modding community we have! :cool:

Was thinking exactly the same thing last night while testing the dynamic helicopters mod for Bathurst yesterday. It might seem like a little detail in a racing game but in this case it adds a lot to the atmosphere.

I was also amazed by how well it seamlessly integrates to the track. And of course Peter is a genius and I will be eternally grateful for the gift he gave us with Pure (I'm still struggling with the planner though, can't figure out how to make the timed option work the the way I want :D )

What an amazing "ancient" game and what an amazing modding community we have! :cool:

I know Pure Planner is way more flexible and has 10x more features than Sol Planner.

In the next version it is able to be multilingual and i already added the complete german manual:
1708183171301.png

1708183202173.png

Maybe that will help then in the future. Still need to be translated to other languages.

As you can see it has also a new mode in it. "Fade to Slot". You can use the plan as a list of favorite weather and then you can make short transitions to them, where the order plays no role. You can jump to whatever slot you want, also with keys and controller inputs.

What is the problem with the timed mode?

I have a question for all of you. Lately I've been experimenting with the number of AIs I can include in a race weekend. With kunos cars I can include between 40 and 50 cars without problems. With mods the result varies between 30 and 40. Looking at the render stats I notice that the only value that creates problems is the sim which goes beyond 100%, causing significant slowdowns (gpu and cpu never beyond 95%).
Is there anything that can be done, besides cpu/gpu optimizations, or should I give up on the fact that the mods, even with lods and optimization, are heavy for my system?

I report my specs, even if included in the signature:

i5 9600k 3.70 gHz with boost 4.50 gHz and overclock preset chosen in the bios
Nvidia GTX 1660 super 6gb with nvidia auto-overclock
Ram 16 gb DDR4 HyperX 2666mhz with xmp

Private? 🥲
no, its not private and I have not shared it.

It is in a v0.01 now, and as I said in my post...
"Its not great, but not horrible. Road would need remeshing and a new landscape also. I cant predict anything, but dont hold your breath (sorry)"

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back