Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
Someone here (can't remember who) once told me that the road surface on my vintage spa mods should be darker so i've been playing around a bit with the textures. If that person or anyone else knows, is this closer to what it should be? Too dark or still needs to be darker?

spa66.jpg

Last edited:
Little update about the Iso Grifo : interior is 90% done I would say, still a few bits to do (center mirror, some vents, lights, etc) but I probably wont go further in terms of details. Have to balance between detail, time and performance :D. Texturing is going well, gauges are totally custom and done, still needs to get the logos right, and the dummies cleaned. Obviously there is only a basic AO on blender and no shadows, but you can still guess the result a bit before I put everything in AC.

Don't expect any release date for now, but it's going well :sly:

2024_02_18_1.jpg

Last edited:
NASCAR Cup Series 2012 released on my patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ScientistExtension98Mods

Original mod by assettonascar.com (not related to Patreon AssettoNASCAR)

Updated by ACNM

Better liveries: u/PlasmiteHD

testing: donohall

-UI Tweaks

-Materials

-removed unnecessary files

-Physics update

-Cameras

-LODs

-Startup animation

-Power curve

-Colliders

-Tyres

-AO maps

-Templates

-New fuel tank position

-2009 Model adapted to the 2012 kit

-New UV mapping

-UI Tweaks

-Better tyre physics

-All 2012 skins

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1708193077.png
    __custom_showroom_1708193077.png
    178.1 KB · Views: 14
  • __custom_showroom_1708193100.png
    __custom_showroom_1708193100.png
    171.4 KB · Views: 13
  • __custom_showroom_1708193116.png
    __custom_showroom_1708193116.png
    195.3 KB · Views: 14
  • __custom_showroom_1708273917.png
    __custom_showroom_1708273917.png
    177.9 KB · Views: 14
Does anybody know of good quality Peugeot 306 GTI race/track mod ? Early 2000s spec, I'm not looking for maxi rally versions.
i searched for this weeks ago, it does not look like it
I've got one from Be_modding. Not sure if it's good quality, as I hadn't tested it. It has got no skins. I don't have the car link, but I remember the creator sharing all his work here.

Last edited:
I've got one from Be_modding. Not sure if it's good quality, as I hadn't tested it. It has got no skins. I don't have the car link, but I remember the creator sharing all his work here.
Thanks for your replys. I keep looking out for a good quality one, at some point one will come up, or I'll have to modify one to my taste of a mod.

Last edited:
Release from ABB (Aussie Big Banger and ATCC 1960 To 1985 Assetto Corsa)
1708279521592.jpeg

1708279535381.jpeg

1708279562152.jpeg

Big Bathurst 12 Hour Release
Mazda RX7 Series 2
Left and Right Hand Drive Versions
Please Delete Old Version of Series 2
Massive amount of work has gone into this car from both Chris and Bruce to help get this Rotary Beast
Completely new car
Mazda RX7 Series 2
LHD and RHD
New Release (Completed)

Edit: Attention one car is a bit heavy on the texture size (2,7gb), can be reduced.

Last edited:
Question for the modders

What's the easiest way to downsize a car?

For example, I want to reduce the size of Kunos 312 F1 car so that it would look like a 166 F2.

Slovakia Ring got an update, just in case anyone missed it.
Superb track, executed brilliantly by @Fuzo.
Try a full grid of VRC touring cars around here and tell me you aren't grinning like a Cheshire cat.

WTCC 1987 (Tribute Race07)

Includes :

-Alfa Romeo 75 turbo Evoluzione (3D From Race07)

-BMW M3 E30 (3D Base Kunos)

-Volvo 240 Turbo (3D From Race07)

Animation Wipers.

Extension for extra shaders, turn signal, light

Skins

Lods B - C

Downloads:
The 240 looks nice and drives nice (drives very much like the old ATCC one...). But it should have a proper live rear axle, which is one of its most recognisable quirks.

I'm gonna look into making a couple more skins for it, as well as making a higher resolution dash texture if possible. Probably going to tinker with the rear axle as well (but of course not publish anything without asking for approval).

All in all - very good work. :)

Mazda RX7 Series 2
Massive amount of work has gone into this car from both Chris and Bruce to help get this Rotary Beast
Completely new car
Mazda RX7 Series 2
LHD and RHD
New Release (Completed)

Edit: Attention one car is a bit heavy on the texture size (2,7gb), can be reduced.
Holy macaroni, this is one of my favourite cars ever, along with the Volvo 240 Turbo. (I have owned both irl.)

Hey, how do you turn down the brightness of the gauges when the lights are switched on? I wanted to do some night driving but they are crazy bright..

View attachment 1329076
open Pure config in-game, and dial it down (called emmisive light I believe... just play around w some of the light sliders - and turn back to default the ones that don't do what you wanna do)

Just after a sense check

What FPS would you expect in AC for the following?
4070TI Super
i7 12700KF
32gb
1440 75hz Tripples
Just under full settings

Say on RT Bathurst or typical Kunos track with say 24 GT3 cars

I did have a 3070 in there but I’ve had little performance increase

RT Bathurst only getting 70-80 FPS
you should be getting 75 fps (and only that ) ... your GPU can do alot more , but no sense in making it do so , as your monitor only shows you 75fps... So use VSYNC and/or set a max fps of 76 in CM video settings and/or in NVIDIA Settings (I recommend the latter).
Does anybody know of good quality Peugeot 306 GTI race/track mod ? Early 2000s spec, I'm not looking for maxi rally versions.
there's a stock one here but that 's no GTI race version either... and interior is not pretty (and alot of other things not right )
I quickly made it into a semi-race car ,

DOWNLOAD
1708283222493.png

far from even being called a good mod... I warned you, but maybe it can scratch an itch until there is a better one .... :)

NASCAR Cup Series 2012 released on my patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ScientistExtension98Mods

Original mod by assettonascar.com (not related to Patreon AssettoNASCAR)

Updated by ACNM

Better liveries: u/PlasmiteHD

testing: donohall

-UI Tweaks

-Materials

-removed unnecessary files

-Physics update

-Cameras

-LODs

-Startup animation

-Power curve

-Colliders

-Tyres

-AO maps

-Templates

-New fuel tank position

-2009 Model adapted to the 2012 kit

-New UV mapping

-UI Tweaks

-Better tyre physics

-All 2012 skins
Sweet, you've gained a follower on Patreon ! Any plans to also remake the 98 cars ?

Just after a sense check

What FPS would you expect in AC for the following?
4070TI Super
i7 12700KF
32gb
1440 75hz Tripples
Just under full settings

Say on RT Bathurst or typical Kunos track with say 24 GT3 cars

I did have a 3070 in there but I’ve had little performance increase

RT Bathurst only getting 70-80 FPS
One of the problems is that many mates make skins in (8k, 4k, 2k)....as much as possible, I am changing some skins to (1024 x 1024), or at most 2k.The FPS gain is considerable.

Last year I tried to do a race in Daytona (simulate 24 hours), impossible to play (it was at 40 fps and crashing with a maximum of 40 cars).

I hadn't noticed that there were cars with skins in (8k and 4k), I hope to modify (as I mentioned above) to a lower resolution.

And just commenting, my PC isn't the worst (i5-generation 10, RTX 2060, 16GB RAM freq.3000Mhz, SSD 500Gb)

Proton Racing #88 Ford LMGT3 skin ( for < trr_ford_mustang_gt3 > ). Also, a few power.luts for your BOPing. To install the power.lut, unpack the data directory for the car, remove the old power.lut and put your new one in its place, renaming it to remove the ".xxxhp" from the name. Then, you must repack the data directory (and toss the data folder).

Post Qatar race updates done. Wasn't alot of GT3 tv coverage so still couldn't ID one logo... (I'll survive ;) )

Proton-Mustang-GT3-01.jpg
Proton-Mustang-GT3-02.jpg
Proton-Mustang-GT3-03.jpg
FORD-LMGT3-04.jpg

Attachments

• trr_ford_mustang_gt3-power.luts.zip
    1.2 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:
the new F1 2009 mod (found in the garage) is amazing imho, but the rubber is way too reflective , giving a disturbing effect...

add this in each cars extension file to fix:

[SHADER_REPLACEMENT_...]
MATERIALS = gp_2009_TYRES
PROP_... = fresnelMaxLevel, 0.02

much more enjoyable that way! :cheers:
Are you referring to SSD 2009? Thanks

The 240 looks nice and drives nice (drives very much like the old ATCC one...). But it should have a proper live rear axle, which is one of its most recognisable quirks.

I'm gonna look into making a couple more skins for it, as well as making a higher resolution dash texture if possible. Probably going to tinker with the rear axle as well (but of course not publish anything without asking for approval).

All in all - very good work. :)

Holy macaroni, this is one of my favourite cars ever, along with the Volvo 240 Turbo. (I have owned both irl.)
in fact I didn't find much data on the Volvo, do you have any photos of the suspension diagram? I've already corrected the AI and I'm putting on the interior lights

https://silodrome.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/Volvo-240-Turbo-Cutaway.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
View attachment 1329235
View attachment 1329236

View attachment 1329237
Mazda RX7 Series 2
Completely new car
Mazda RX7 Series 2
LHD and RHD
New Release (Completed)

There must be a better RX7 cockpit that can be teleported in, surely? It badly lets the rest of the car down.

Per curiosità ho appena provato a gareggiare con RT Bathurst con 24 auto GT3 (SOL nuvole sparse) e ho 96,3 fps AVG - 78,9 fps MIN (impostazione nella mia firma)
This is my build:

• MSI B450 Tomahawk Max
  • Ryzen 5 3600X
  • 32GB RAM 3600 DDR4
  • RTX 2070 Super
  • Samsung Odyssey G5 34" 3440x1440 165Hz

AC and CSP settings by Jacob Cappello (found on Racedepartment) and PPF C13AEGIS Patreon

Is it possible that I only have 50 fps? Is there anything I can do to increase?

Last edited:
WTCC 1987 (Tribute Race07)

Includes :

-Alfa Romeo 75 turbo Evoluzione (3D From Race07)
View attachment 1328991
-BMW M3 E30 (3D Base Kunos)
View attachment 1328992
-Volvo 240 Turbo (3D From Race07)
View attachment 1328993

Animation Wipers.

Extension for extra shaders, turn signal, light

Skins

Lods B - C

Downloads:
Update new version:

Fixed AI Volvo and Alfa Romeo

Interior Light for Alfa Romeo and Volvo

New rear suspension for Volvo

Downloads:

Question for the modders

What's the easiest way to downsize a car?

For example, I want to reduce the size of Kunos 312 F1 car so that it would look like a 166 F2.
Oh boy.

Short answer : there is no easy way (at least, known to me).

Long answer :
create a copy of the car.
Extract car's kn5 into 3Ds or Blender or same, then follow this (for blender only):
  • delete all the nulls (keep object transformation for attacheds so nothing moves), as they will most likely be broken in the process
  • right click - snap - cursor to world origin
  • select ALL meshes at once
  • right click - set origin - origin to 3D cursor
  • Resize your car
  • redo ALL the nulls necessary (remember : always Z forward from the move axis)
  • redo ALL the animation necessary (same as above)
  • export whole car in FBX (size 0.01, Z forward)

Then, redo the car, car's shaders and animations with ks-Editor.
Change every data's info about size for the correct one (inertia, wheel base, suspension, etc)
You'll probably need to change driver's position in CM, also.

Test the result. There will be bugs. Correct the bugs, re-test until satisfaction.

Then do as above for the 3 other LODs and the collider. The good news is : barely no nulls to recreate this time :)

Conclusion : If Ilja manage to create an easy "re-size car" fonction in CM, I officially declare him as a god.

Does anyone know why the mirrors are so dark at night and how I can change this?
The second image is the rear view and what I should see in the mirrors.
The PP filter is pure. Also latest CSP preview.

Untitled.png
Untitled1.png

Last edited:
Anyone else finding it impossible sometimes to manipulate the driver in CM Showroom after the recent flurry of CM updates?
Pressing 'T' no longer does anything with certain cars.
Yet another example of something that worked perfectly well for years and then gets randomly broken for no obvious reason.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back