Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,710 comments
I've got one from Be_modding. Not sure if it's good quality, as I hadn't tested it. It has got no skins. I don't have the car link, but I remember the creator sharing all his work here.
yeh there was someone who shared a massive file on here of all BE_MODDING work i am not sure if it was the modder posting or someone who just had his work. I did save it all but sharemods deleted it along with a load of other stuff as far as i can tell. If i find it i will share it on here

open Pure config in-game, and dial it down (called emmisive light I believe... just play around w some of the light sliders - and turn back to default the ones that don't do what you wanna do)
ahh ok, I will try that. thanks for the reply!

Anyone else finding it impossible sometimes to manipulate the driver in CM Showroom after the recent flurry of CM updates?
Pressing 'T' no longer does anything with certain cars.
Yet another example of something that worked perfectly well for years and then gets randomly broken for no obvious reason.
I've been having this problem for sometime with some cars, before the updates. Even with 100% correct data and driver model, on unencrypted cars. On certain cars.

Oh boy.

Short answer : there is no easy way (at least, known to me).

Long answer :
create a copy of the car.
Extract car's kn5 into 3Ds or Blender or same, then follow this (for blender only):
  • delete all the nulls (keep object transformation for attacheds so nothing moves), as they will most likely be broken in the process
  • right click - snap - cursor to world origin
  • select ALL meshes at once
  • right click - set origin - origin to 3D cursor
  • Resize your car
  • redo ALL the nulls necessary (remember : always Z forward from the move axis)
  • redo ALL the animation necessary (same as above)
  • export whole car in FBX (size 0.01, Z forward)

Then, redo the car, car's shaders and animations with ks-Editor.
Change every data's info about size for the correct one (inertia, wheel base, suspension, etc)
You'll probably need to change driver's position in CM, also.

Test the result. There will be bugs. Correct the bugs, re-test until satisfaction.

Then do as above for the 3 other LODs and the collider. The good news is : barely no nulls to recreate this time :)

Conclusion : If Ilja manage to create an easy "re-size car" fonction in CM, I officially declare him as a god.
I'll just mention what I did (Porsche 936) and do regularly for 3dsimedI reduced the size by (%3) on all axes, because compared to photos from the time, I believe this Porsche was a little bigger than it should have been.
After reducing, I used the "plugin export" command, to save in ".kn5".

I opened the "Content Manager" and it was just as I had imagined before doing the process.

Just as an illustration, comparing with the Porsche 936/77 (original far left), then comes 936/77 (reduced by 3%) and some other cars from 1977.
In another print the Porsche 936/78 compared to other cars from 1978.

Attachments

• 3DSimED3 - [936.kn5] 18_02_2024 22_43_17.png
    3DSimED3 - [936.kn5] 18_02_2024 22_43_17.png
    64 KB · Views: 24
  • __custom_showroom_1708306606.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1708306606.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 25
  • __custom_showroom_1708306764.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1708306764.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 23
NASCAR Cup Series 2012 released on my patreon: https://www.patreon.com/ScientistExtension98Mods

Original mod by assettonascar.com (not related to Patreon AssettoNASCAR)

Updated by ACNM

Better liveries: u/PlasmiteHD

testing: donohall

-UI Tweaks

-Materials

-removed unnecessary files

-Physics update

-Cameras

-LODs

-Startup animation

-Power curve

-Colliders

-Tyres

-AO maps

-Templates

-New fuel tank position

-2009 Model adapted to the 2012 kit

-New UV mapping

-UI Tweaks

-Better tyre physics

-All 2012 skins
I'm going to need to re-download this stuff - I tried giving it a run over the weekend, and the cars load, but just stay planted when I get in gear and hit the throttle. Might be that I didn't do a clean installation, so going to give that a try.

Update new version:

Fixed AI Volvo and Alfa Romeo

Interior Light for Alfa Romeo and Volvo

New rear suspension for Volvo

Downloads:
Great mod, Small suggestion it would be nice to have a Version number at the end of the download file eg. Modname_V1.1.rar
to keep track of changes and updates since that file I downloaded yesterday seems identical to this one and is almost the same size.

Can anybody tell me who to search on this thread that can be sorted by date and also have a specific timeframe? I tried using advanced search but it either gets the other threads in the results too.

Eh I wouldn't say that. You have your driver in the desired position and hit save ? Sorry pal, best I can do is move it a couple of cm until you repeat it two times.

One of the few funky CM things.
Good point, that always annoyed.
But at least the driver always appeared, even on encrypted cars.

Esp the timed mode works this way:

The slots are always managed in realtime (the time you live in)! a slot has always the duration which it shows. So if the duration is 5 min, it will always take 5 min, no matter what time multiplier is chosen. Thats the logic of this mode. Also the slots are not dependent of the simtime. So if you play the plan, it is independent of the sim time. This mode is typically used for short races, where you say you want to change the weather in fixed time intervals.

To change the duration just grab the duration time and move it:View attachment 1329096

If you want to link simtime and slot time, just use the Stamp mode. There the slots are bound to a precise simtime. And if you change the time multiplier, those are automatically shorter.

In the upcoming Pure i fixed a lot of bug with weather data generation and fading.
Thanks Peter, will give it a try but I'm pretty sure that it will do the trick (i.e. I had missed the duration adjust).

I'm going to need to re-download this stuff - I tried giving it a run over the weekend, and the cars load, but just stay planted when I get in gear and hit the throttle. Might be that I didn't do a clean installation, so going to give that a try.
It generaly does this when using extended physic and there is no tyre.lut in the files

Just after a sense check

What FPS would you expect in AC for the following?
4070TI Super
i7 12700KF
32gb
1440 75hz Tripples
Just under full settings

Say on RT Bathurst or typical Kunos track with say 24 GT3 cars

I did have a 3070 in there but I’ve had little performance increase

RT Bathurst only getting 70-80 FPS
We have the same specs, with 2k resolution I'm near 120fps with al the other setting to the max.

In 4k resolution I'm about 70/75fps only, but the graphic card sound like an F18 hahahaja

Oh boy.

Short answer : there is no easy way (at least, known to me).

Long answer :
create a copy of the car.
Extract car's kn5 into 3Ds or Blender or same, then follow this (for blender only):
  • delete all the nulls (keep object transformation for attacheds so nothing moves), as they will most likely be broken in the process
  • right click - snap - cursor to world origin
  • select ALL meshes at once
  • right click - set origin - origin to 3D cursor
  • Resize your car
  • redo ALL the nulls necessary (remember : always Z forward from the move axis)
  • redo ALL the animation necessary (same as above)
  • export whole car in FBX (size 0.01, Z forward)

Then, redo the car, car's shaders and animations with ks-Editor.
Change every data's info about size for the correct one (inertia, wheel base, suspension, etc)
You'll probably need to change driver's position in CM, also.

Test the result. There will be bugs. Correct the bugs, re-test until satisfaction.

Then do as above for the 3 other LODs and the collider. The good news is : barely no nulls to recreate this time :)

Conclusion : If Ilja manage to create an easy "re-size car" fonction in CM, I officially declare him as a god.
Easier way no?

Create an empty, move every objects and empty inside that empty.

Resize that empty

select all empties and object inside it, and drag them out while maintaining alt +shift so that it keeps transformation

then A to select everything and do CTRL A and reset scale so that everything says scale 1.0

like that you don't break the hierarchy like WHEEL_LF and co, and you just need to redo the animations

Still no tips on who the original author may be? If I google the (very specific) foldername (morgan_aero_ss_ver3-1), the only result is my own question in this thread. I would like to search more active, but all I have to go on is: author = ?
Anyway, if no tips arise before friday, I will just post the update and take it down whenever the situation changes and ask me to do so.
Screenshot_morgan_aero_ss_ver3-1_ks_nordschleife_17-1-124-16-11-51.jpg

Last edited:
I'll just mention what I did (Porsche 936) and do regularly for 3dsimedI reduced the size by (%3) on all axes, because compared to photos from the time, I believe this Porsche was a little bigger than it should have been.
After reducing, I used the "plugin export" command, to save in ".kn5".

I opened the "Content Manager" and it was just as I had imagined before doing the process.

Just as an illustration, comparing with the Porsche 936/77 (original far left), then comes 936/77 (reduced by 3%) and some other cars from 1977.
In another print the Porsche 936/78 compared to other cars from 1978.
If that works also for the animations and the nulls, it's golden! Nice!
Easier way no?

Create an empty, move every objects and empty inside that empty.

Resize that empty

select all empties and object inside it, and drag them out while maintaining alt +shift so that it keeps transformation

then A to select everything and do CTRL A and reset scale so that everything says scale 1.0

like that you don't break the hierarchy like WHEEL_LF and co, and you just need to redo the animations
Anytime I tried like this it basically said me no. I probably missed something in the way, if it is supposed to work. Thanks for the info, tho!

Dodge Viper GTS ACR 1999 update: https://mega.nz/file/Gs010JJB#w2Ou7Dq4X29vquWbQhb2dyv-YcQiIQ3aZK66yY1I_y4

Model smoothed and resized, new UV maps, textures and shader settings, new skins with stripes and a redone LOD (there's just one as the model is not performance heavy).

Car should work fine in either vanilla or CSP versions of AC although shaders were set for vanilla. If someone wants to do a proper ext_config then please feel free, personally I prefer to set the shaders the old fashioned way and disable the CSP overrides (something I only realised you could do recently in the later CSP builds, hooray!). If anyone wants to make any other changes then go right ahead.

1708352687527.png

1708352703961.png

Last edited:
Dodge Viper GTS ACR 1999 update: https://mega.nz/file/Gs010JJB#w2Ou7Dq4X29vquWbQhb2dyv-YcQiIQ3aZK66yY1I_y4

Model smoothed and resized, new UV maps, textures and shader settings, new skins with stripes and a redone LOD (there's just one as the model is not performance heavy).

Car should work fine in either vanilla or CSP versions of AC although shaders were set for vanilla. If someone wants to do a proper ext_config then please feel free, personally I object to having to re-specify shader settings via a config to correct the awful overrides that CSP makes by default (and that can't be opted out of). If anyone wants to make any other changes then go right ahead.
looks great.
A quick update for the reverse light.

///Reverse Light///
[EMISSIVE_REVERSE_0]
BIND_TO_REVERSE=1
BIND_TO_REVERSE=1
NAME=BODY_SUB8
COLOR=63, 63, 63, 0.25
LAG=0.8
SIMULATE_HEATING=0.2
LOCATION=REAR
BIND_TO_HEADLIGHTS=0
CAST_LIGHT=1
CLUSTER_THRESHOLD=0.5

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back