Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,347 comments
The VRC Touring Cars are undoubtedly my favourite car pack in Assetto Corsa. They're superbly executed, and this class of car has for me the perfect balance between performance and handling - fast enough to get you into trouble but not so fast that you can't recover from it.
Does anyone have suggestions (with links if possible) to suitable grid fillers?
I've currently added the PM3DM cars, the Volvo 850 Wagon BTCC 1997, and F302's BTCC Audi A4 Quattro.
I deleted most of cars pre-Christmas so can't just trawl through my collection for candidates... so is there anything obvious I've missed?
Any chance you would share your balancing to race with them all? I thought the Wagon was from 94?

It's a little heavy, (at least CM can still make LODS for it) but there's a 2000 BTCC integra in this pack :

Will try to bop it with rest even tho i think it was a different class. BTCC was weird in 2000

1708381219134.png

Last edited:
The VRC Touring Cars are undoubtedly my favourite car pack in Assetto Corsa. They're superbly executed, and this class of car has for me the perfect balance between performance and handling - fast enough to get you into trouble but not so fast that you can't recover from it.
I've currently added the PM3DM cars, the Volvo 850 Wagon BTCC 1997, and F302's BTCC Audi A4 Quattro.
I deleted most of cars pre-Christmas so can't just trawl through my collection for candidates... so is there anything obvious I've missed?
I think you are only missing the 1994 Alfa Romeo 155 TS BTCC from F302

Update new version:

Fixed AI Volvo and Alfa Romeo

Interior Light for Alfa Romeo and Volvo

New rear suspension for Volvo

Downloads:
WTCC 1987 Update v1.20 19/02/24

New handling for Volvo 240 turbo

Gear set ratios from homologation form number 5020 group a (thanks fleskebacon)

Downloads:

https://www.patreon.com/posts/98671265 (DRIVE)

Public Server:

Any chance you would share your balancing to race with them all? I thought the Wagon was from 94?

It's a little heavy, (at least CM can still make LODS for it) but there's a 2000 BTCC integra in this pack :

Will try to bop it with rest even tho i think it was a different class. BTCC was weird in 2000

View attachment 1329639

Ah, good shout about the Integra - thanks.
There's no bopping from my end, I just use them as they come. The 850 is a little slow, but it's good to see it out on the track.
I'm not being too precious about exact years, so long as they fit the general era and flesh out the grid with some variety.

I think you are only missing the 1994 Alfa Romeo 155 TS BTCC from F302
Mmmm... the link here is dead.
Was it uploaded elsewhere?

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys, I bought my wife a huge palm-tree leaf to swing at me while I yell out my current speed in Assetto Corsa. She simply won't do it. Sooooooo, I'm wondering if any of my peeps here have tried this?

Hi guys, was just binging on the forum. I thought there was only the Weikangkai one available? That's the one i was using in this vid and it's pretty awesome

Oh god or it's a private joke about that bootleg one ...

I posted 2 videos of the version Dundrod by Weikangkai a few days ago. I only know of 2 versions so far. It is a ton of fun but the Ai has issues in Weikangkai version.

Last edited:
Spa Vintage Track Updates:

These are my updates to all three versions of the Spa Vintage tracks. They are all full stand alone tracks because it was suggested that I do it this way instead of config\track skin mods.

All versions now have a vao patch, animated flags, working clock tower and new grass and tree textures. They also have two additional track skins that get a progressively bluer tint and less saturation. The skins also have only the files I altered from the original so you can edit them to make a skin that fits your liking. There are also new ext_configs for each track that add seasonal changes, some shader adjustments and a few other things.

Explanation about each one so you know which one to download. They each represent a specific version of the track:

Spa-Francorchamps 1938:

Spa-Francorchamps 1938

-- Based on the Spa_Faux_Pre_War version. All credits for the track go to Legion.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus removal of floating flag poles that had no flags and scaling of flag poles that were floating off the ground. Plus I added collision physics to most of the haybales. Some I left without to help with AI behavior. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Spa-Francorchamps 1966:

Spa-Francorchamps 1966

-- Based on the Spa_1966 version. All credits for the track go to the Reboot Team.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus collision physics to most haybales. Some I left without to help with AI behavior. Also included the Spa 1966 AI done by Parri. The original AI is still included in the ai_original and data_original folders. Just rename them to ai and data to revert back to the original AI behavior. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Spa-Francorchamps 1934 & 1966:

Spa-Francorchamps 1934 & 66

-- Based on the Spa_THR version. All credits for the track go to the Reboot Team and Waffles for the THR updates.
-- Additions include all things listed above plus a new AI line for the 1934 layout done by me. The original AI was unusable. It was my first attempt at an AI line so don't expect perfection. All other things about the track are the same as the original.

Please point out any and all mistakes. I'm sure there are a few. Was kind of hard managing three versions of the same track. I was never sure if I made the same changes on all three tracks.

View attachment 1216445
Links for all three tracks have been updated with new versions. Please delete or backup your previous versions, especially if you have any custom files (like ai files) you've added since the last track updates.

-- Corrected the normals on the crack patches in the road surface so that they shade evenly with the main road surface in different lighting. Not sure how I missed that one all this time.
-- Shader value changes on a number of materials.
-- I think the grass textures have been changed since the last versions, but i'm not sure. If you find the grass too saturated, just enable the Grass skin. It has lower saturated grass textures. Or edit those files to get something more to your liking.
-- Added alternative ext_config files that will lighten the grass or the grass and trees if you find either to be too dark. You just need to rename the files.
-- Added a couple of road texture skins that some people may prefer to the base road texture look. You can try them out and delete them if they are not to your liking.
-- As always, if you want the trees to change textures based on the time of year, enable the Seasonal Textures skin.

Last edited:

View attachment 1329639

Mmmm... the link here is dead.
Was it uploaded elsewhere?
edit: oops, sorry, DP - please merge.

open Pure config in-game, and dial it down (called emmisive light I believe... just play around w some of the light sliders - and turn back to default the ones that don't do what you wanna do)
Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't work as I need it to.. when I move the slider the gauges brightness does change but so do the trackside lights.

Any other ideas?

I posted 2 videos of the version Dundrod by Weikangkai a few days ago. I only know of 2 versions so far. It is a ton of fun but the Ai has issues in Weikangkai version.

I was actually surprised by the AI in the Weikangkai, it's not that bad with 60s formula one. Quite slow and i'm forced to use the ferrari instead of my beloved lotus 49, but they still make for interresting overtakes.

Main issue is they slow down way to much in mid sector fast chicanes and they tend to have a stroke in the hairpin, but otherwise it's decent. Haven't played it much with other cars apart from 1500 gpl still. It needs an update but so far it's not a complete pain.

I'll give the other version a try and see if it's better!

Can't wait for a final version still.

Last edited:
Thanks for the suggestion but that doesn't work as I need it to.. when I move the slider the gauges brightness does change but so do the trackside lights.

Any other ideas?
Change it via CSP extension file, or from the light.ini file in data.acd

shi
Townsville Street Circuit v1.15

View attachment 1183632
Conversion from rFactor2.
Reid Park Street Circuit, also known as the Townsville Street Circuit, is a semi-permanent street circuit located in Townsville, Queensland, Australia.
Opened in 2009, the circuit hosts the Townsville 400 Supercars Championship event every year. (wikipedia)

This track is based on 2012.

-CSP recommended
-30 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original rFactor Track by zolee145 and Thank you for gave me permission
rFactor2 conversion by Ash74
rFactor2 update by Obbzy

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
AI by Eren Tuzci (up to v1.0)
logo.png, sections file by @Fanapryde
some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Breathe , @slider666

Enjoy.

Converted upon request by Patreon member john brown.
Patreon-only track requests are now being accepted.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.1 changelog;

Added 3D terrain.
Updated road line meshes and textures.
Updated billboard textures.
Updated ext_config.
Updated road mapping.
Changed crowd textures by Kniker97. (Thanks)
Updated fast_lane.ai by Rainmaker. (Thanks)
Updated pit_lane.ai.

v1.15 changelog;
Smoothed curbs. (Suggestion by Papifix. Thanks.)
New pit_lane.ai by TITI. (Thanks)

Townsville Street Circuit v1.15
The link is in the quote.

v1.15 changelog;
Smoothed curbs. (Suggestion by Papifix. Thanks.)
New pit_lane.ai by TITI. (Thanks)
Screenshot_bmw_m3_e92_drift_townsville2012_28-0-124-13-41-11.jpg

Am I crazy, or did we not already had this discussion? 🤔

Vauxhall Cavalier 1995 from Shaun Clarke:

Other than that, with the f302 cars, you have everything from 1995 onwards. If you want to go earlier, there are garbage mods from sim dream to complete all seasons from 1991-1999. Also I don't know if you respect work from Tommy78 enough to buy his mods, but his 1991 DTM mod pack is also excellent. Very similar handling but with the addition of H-pattern shifting. I'm in love with the Opel Evo500:

The '89 season mod of his is not that good imo

Last edited:
On the race loading screen in Content Manager, is there a way to have the car and track text info on the left side of the screen, and the background of the track I'm going to use?

Attachments

• CM Loading Screen.jpg
    CM Loading Screen.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 5
On the race loading screen in Content Manager, is there a way to have the car and track text info on the left side of the screen, and the background of the track I'm going to use?
About the background yes. Just need to have proper image (the one you want) inside the UI folder (to make it simple and fast). About the other request i don't know to be honest.

I've spent a good amount of time recently getting as many as I could. This is a screen of all the cars I have from my #Super Touring Tag

I also have BEM_Alfa_Romeo_155_STW from BE Modding (not as good as F302's 155 but there is a livery pack for all of 1999 STW by withdrew on RD that includes this car)

msc_156_stw from MSC (The car needs a config in the extension folder not to show totally black-withdrew also included that config file in his STW liveries)

acme_ford_mondeo_btcc from AssettoCorsaMods

I don't have any BoPs or anything like that, but I know for a fact that the 156 is too fast compared the the rest of the grid.

Attachments

• Super Tourer.png
    Super Tourer.png
    14.2 KB · Views: 9
Man, I started to catch up on our GTPlanet posts from where I dropped off for my hiatus. I dropped off around Dec of 2020, I think. So I'm reading our history. Some of it makes me laugh, some of it makes me sad (lots of in-fighting and controversy back then), some of it makes me miss some of the folks that were regulars and also makes me a little melancholy to know some of our friends here that had terminal illness back then have probably passed on. Those same folks with their own health issues always checked in on me for mine. You guys are my buds and I appreciate all of you. Sorry for the introspective mushy post.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back