Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,188 comments
Hello

After completing the MONT-VENTOUX hillclimb (modern version, 10.05 km)... Coming soon...

stesteve.jpg

6n7g.png

Screenshot-ford-sierra-cosworth-rs500-gra-mont-ventoux-3-1-124-16-21-50.jpg

..I'm starting a new track that I'd like to be able to create a personal grasses pack for. I downloaded and opened the "grass gen" application

A folder containing the thumbnails has been created. I managed to edit thumbnails in photoshop. But then, I have no idea how to save this new series of vegetations... I imagine that it is the "atlas" file... but I don't know what to do...

Capture d'écran 2024-02-29 191453.png

Capture d'écran 2024-02-29 191443.png

Many thanks if anyone can give me any information!

I would say Patreon. Because all our mod downloads are on patreon and so this is the first adress for the latest versions. Otherwise all our mods are in the autoupdater from CM and if we update a mod, it will automatically updated via CM, normally...but sometimes the autoupdater from CM is bugged.

Unfortunately, we currently don't have anyone who moderates and updates the forum consistently and regularly, which is why there are always differences between the version numbers. I always try to look there regularly, but unfortunately I don't always manage to do so due to lack of time.
Since i'm not a Patreon member of theirs, I can't keep tabs on the new stuff. Are you saying there has been a GT4 update released or is there one forthcoming?

On another note for the ai experts. Do the recorded sidelines have any impact on an ai car's lap times or do they just set boundaries? I only ask because I recorded some new sidelines for one of the stock tracks, but I didn't touch the existing fast_lane file. After inserting my new sidelines into the fast_lane file by holding down the shift key, the ai lost about 2-3 seconds on their lap times. I'm confused by this because it's the same ai line. The only difference is that it has my new sidelines. Any thoughts from anyone?

Hey, just a quick question, I’ve been building some championships in CM, but I keep losing data - on the round/circuits page, changes made to start time, temp and weather revert to prior to the change (I save the changes), it’s not consistent, sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t, there maybe a pattern but I haven’t identified it yet. It does seem to happen to championships I’ve cloned to make a different version (different lengths or driver) Similarly, on the description/points page, the description, author and version disappear, again not to all of them. Also on occasions when I click on a championship it immediately italicised (indicating it’s changed) yet I’ve made no change. Has anyone experienced this, or have any suggestions?

Hey, just a quick question, I’ve been building some championships in CM, but I keep losing data - on the round/circuits page, changes made to start time, temp and weather revert to prior to the change (I save the changes), it’s not consistent, sometimes they do and sometimes they don’t, there maybe a pattern but I haven’t identified it yet. It does seem to happen to championships I’ve cloned to make a different version (different lengths or driver) Similarly, on the description/points page, the description, author and version disappear, again not to all of them. Also on occasions when I click on a championship it immediately italicised (indicating it’s changed) yet I’ve made no change. Has anyone experienced this, or have any suggestions?
Yes, same here and no solution asfaik, hopefully a new cm version or something will fix it some day?it's been like this for a long time.

Last edited:
I know I've been writing a lot lately but I need you again. I was doing some testing and I noticed something, but I don't know whether to call it a problem. Practically:

1) If the AI uses a data containing csp brakes, the AI either no longer brakes or race braking and accelerating at the same time;

2) If I start a session with AI using the data folder, the AI behaves as in the point 1 and I can brake

3) If I force AC to load the data.acd file, AC either explodes or I remain stuck in my grid spot with all the cars on the grid clipped into mine (and with the impossibility of doing anything because I have the sim at 300%). In any case, with csp brakes + data.acd I can't brake;

4) If I remove csp brakes everything goes back to normal.

Am I doing something wrong?

Last edited:
Since i'm not a Patreon member of theirs, I can't keep tabs on the new stuff. Are you saying there has been a GT4 update released or is there one forthcoming?

On another note for the ai experts. Do the recorded sidelines have any impact on an ai car's lap times or do they just set boundaries? I only ask because I recorded some new sidelines for one of the stock tracks, but I didn't touch the existing fast_lane file. After inserting my new sidelines into the fast_lane file by holding down the shift key, the ai lost about 2-3 seconds on their lap times. I'm confused by this because it's the same ai line. The only difference is that it has my new sidelines. Any thoughts from anyone?
Sidelines are impacting both boundries and lap times. They are funneling the cars and I 've learned that they are as important as fast lane. Only combination of fast lane, sidelines and ai hints give you required behaviour. If one of elements is off, whole thing will not work out properly.

Last edited:
Sidelines are impacting both boundries and lap times. They are funneling the car and I 've learned that they are as important as fast lane. Only combination of fast lane, sidelines and ai hints give you required behaviour. If one of elements is off, whole thing will not work out properly.
Thanks for the info. I never knew sidelines impacted lap times.

The tutorial I read many years ago never mentioned they had any impact so i've always recorded the sidelines driving at a snails pace so I could get the lines right. That might explain why most of the tracks i've done ai for always seem to end up being slower. Typically that's a good thing for me, but on this track I actually need them to be faster and i've had no luck doing it with the hints file.

Sidelines are impacting both boundries and lap times. They are funneling the cars and I 've learned that they are as important as fast lane. Only combination of fast lane, sidelines and ai hints give you required behaviour. If one of elements is off, whole thing will not work out properly.
The three are interrelated. I can record "slow" cautious fast lane but with aggressive sides and hints I can make the ai speed up a lot.
And opposite I can make "fast" aggresive fast lane and slow it down with hints and sides.
Sides have several tasks. They might be aimed at reducing the overtakings, setting track limits not allowing to touch higher kerbs or opposite allowing for aggresive riding

Thanks for the info. I never knew sidelines impacted lap times.

The tutorial I read many years ago never mentioned they had any impact so i've always recorded the sidelines driving at a snails pace so I could get the lines right. That might explain why most of the tracks i've done ai for always seem to end up being slower. Typically that's a good thing for me, but on this track I actually need them to be faster and i've had no luck doing it with the hints file.
It doesn't matter at which speed you record the sides but where you record them.
Once I had an argument with Kevin who introduced me to AC AI logic as what is the best practice. It was for Jarama track. I was going to fastest possible option with very agressive sides and he was about to make it more relaxed to have slower times but fewer crashes. At the end of the day its a matter of balance and personal preference.

It doesn't matter at which speed you record the sides but where you record them.
Once I had an argument with Kevin who introduced me to AC AI logic as what is the best practice. It was for Jarama track. I was going to fastest possible option with very agressive sides and he was about to make it more relaxed to have slower times but fewer crashes. At the end of the day its a matter of balance and personal preference.
While I would like to speed them up, I do have to admit that I have been having some great battles with the ai even at these reduced speeds. I used to be able to get them on any turn at this track as long as I went in with at least my nose ahead of them, but that is no longer the case. If we are even the slightest bit side by side, they are probably going to beat me out of the turn.

Basically what i've done is made them faster in the turns but slower on the straights compared to the stock ai. I wish I could get their straight line speed back up to where it was because then i'd have a real battle on my hands. I'm just not sure what to add to the hints file to make them faster on the straights. A HINT entry only seems to impact their speed in the turns.

While I would like to speed them up, I do have to admit that I have been having some great battles with the ai even at these reduced speeds. I used to be able to get them on any turn at this track as long as I went in with at least my nose ahead of them, but that is no longer the case. If we are even the slightest bit side by side, they are probably going to beat me out of the turn.

Basically what i've done is made them faster in the turns but slower on the straights compared to the stock ai. I wish I could get their straight line speed back up to where it was because then i'd have a real battle on my hands. I'm just not sure what to add to the hints file to make them faster on the straights. A HINT entry only seems to impact their speed in the turns.
Were you pedal-to-the-metal on the straights? Or hitting it hard early coming onto the straights (while recording the ai)? Not sure if that made a difference...

Last edited:
There is an oncoming GT4 pack update. Atm we are testing the new version. The new version will contain completely new physics for all cars, which is based on correct vehicle data. Visually, all cars were brought up to date and completely new extension configs were created.

Custom Championship: After setting it up I "save" and "reload", the message "json file corrupted" always comes out, even with Kunos tracks and cars... what could be the problem?? CSP 2.3p1, CM updated to latest version 😓

If you can, send me your new files and i'll do it for you. You shouldn't have gotten any kind of error message. I've done it hundreds of times with no issues which tells me you must be doing something wrong.
It´s all ok now. I did what I should have done from the beginning: delete the track and re-download. I remembered that CM downloaded and installed this track on it´s own as an update to V1.0. Now I know that it´s better to install manually as I had always done before.

Thank you for your help :cheers:

Can you advice me a CSP+Pure combo for general compatibility and decent AI racing?

Currently on 0.1.80-preview442 and I suppose it's really time to move on...I'm missing the new RSS stuff and some more.

I know we have some Pure users on here, Fana, etc. My backup drive is borked and I'm thinking of installing PURE.
I'm confused by some things I'm seeing. I've seen vids using Pure but with wet roads, does it work in conjuction with SOL? Additionally, if I install Pure there is a step that removes current SOL install. Does it install it's own version of SOL that Pure uses? So with my note about my backup drive borked, I'm afraid that I will not be able to go back to my SOL the way it is now if I decide that I don't like Pure. Is there anything I can backup from my SOL install that will help me just revert back if everything goes sideways?

This is anxiety typing, so apologies if the old man is not makin' sense ;)

Were you pedal-to-the-metal on the straights? Or hitting it hard early coming onto the straights (while recording the ai)? Not sure if that made a difference...
I didn't record a new ai line. I simply changed the sidelines. That's when they lost all the laptime for some reason. But I have since recorded a new fast_lane line and that didn't bring back the speed either. Not sure what I did, but my new sidelines sure have an odd effect on the ai speed for some reason.
Can you advice me a CSP+Pure combo for general compatibility and decent AI racing?

Currently on 0.1.80-preview442 and I suppose it's really time to move on...I'm missing the new RSS stuff and some more.
Seeing as how I'm still using 1.80preview9 and Pure 0.193, I'm curious what RSS stuff you are missing out on? I pretty much buy everything they release and I've never had a problem with any of their mods.

To sort of answer your question, any new version of Pure works flawlessly, so get whatever the current public release version is. But I do think it requires at least version 2.0 of CSP and I'm not sure which is the most stable version of the newer releases. I've tried most of them and they were all more buggy than preview9, which is why I always revert back to it and Pure 1.93.

Last edited:
Custom Championship: After setting it up I "save" and "reload", the message "json file corrupted" always comes out, even with Kunos tracks and cars... what could be the problem?? CSP 2.3p1, CM updated to latest version 😓
I've seen the same. Does it fix itself when you restart cm as mine does? Also check out the actual files after editing cars etc. You may notice your changes aren't correct in the files even if correct in the gui. If you notice issues, lemme know. I have a workaround, but on phone at moment

Last edited:
I've seen the same. Does it fix itself when you restart cm as mine does? Also check out the actual files after editing cars etc. You may notice your changes aren't correct in the files even if correct in the gui. If you notice issues, lemme know. I have a workaround, but on phone at moment
Sometimes, but more often that not I’m losing the changes I’ve made particularly to temp, and start time, they revert to start time of 13:00, and 18 degrees temperature, and loses the description, author and version. I’ve noticed that these champs may have had sol weather types already setup in the championship that are no longer available with now only just having pure, and no sol.

I know we have some Pure users on here, Fana, etc. My backup drive is borked and I'm thinking of installing PURE.
I'm confused by some things I'm seeing. I've seen vids using Pure but with wet roads, does it work in conjuction with SOL? Additionally, if I install Pure there is a step that removes current SOL install. Does it install it's own version of SOL that Pure uses? So with my note about my backup drive borked, I'm afraid that I will not be able to go back to my SOL the way it is now if I decide that I don't like Pure. Is there anything I can backup from my SOL install that will help me just revert back if everything goes sideways?

This is anxiety typing, so apologies if the old man is not makin' sense ;)
Pure and Sol are separate weather systems. They can both be installed at the same time (like I have them) or individually. I have switched back and forth between different versions of Pure a ton of times and never once did I have to remove Sol to do it. So you do not need to worry about messing up your Sol installation by installing Pure. And even if you decide you don't like Pure, you can uninstall it without messing up your Sol installation. I've uninstalled it numerous times as well when switching between versions and never once impacted Sol.

But if you are worried, you can always backup your current Sol folders, even to your local drive until you get a new backup drive. The easiest way to find out what to save is to download a copy of Sol and go through the install package. Take notes of what folders it installs and go back your AC installation directory and copy those files\folders somewhere safe locally. Also make a copy of the files in this directory in case you saved any custom Sol settings:

C:\Users\'yourname'\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\Sol

But before you do all of this, best to make sure no one chimes in here to say my info is incorrect. I'm just telling you what my experience has been. Not saying my info is 100% accurate.

Last edited:
Pure and Sol are separate weather systems. They can both be installed at the same time (like I have them) or individually. I have switched back and forth between different versions of Pure a ton of times and never once did I have to remove Sol to do it. So you do not need to worry about messing up your Sol installation by installing Pure. And even if you decide you don't like Pure, you can uninstall it without messing up your Sol installation. I've uninstalled it numerous times as well when switching between versions and never once impacted Sol.

But if you are worried, you can always backup your current Sol folders, even to your local drive until you get a new backup drive. The easiest way to find out what to save is to download a copy of Sol and go through the install package. Take notes of what folders it installs and go back your AC installation directory and copy those files\folders somewhere safe locally. Also make a copy of the files in this directory in case you saved any custom Sol settings:

C:\Users\'yourname'\Documents\Assetto Corsa\cfg\Sol

But before you do all of this, best to make sure no one chimes in here to say my info is incorrect. I'm just telling you what my experience has been. Not saying my info is 100% accurate.
@Peter Boese should be able to rectify your info I'd say

I know I've been writing a lot lately but I need you again. I was doing some testing and I noticed something, but I don't know whether to call it a problem. Practically:

1) If the AI uses a data containing csp brakes, the AI either no longer brakes or race braking and accelerating at the same time;

2) If I start a session with AI using the data folder, the AI behaves as in the point 1 and I can brake

3) If I force AC to load the data.acd file, AC either explodes or I remain stuck in my grid spot with all the cars on the grid clipped into mine (and with the impossibility of doing anything because I have the sim at 300%). In any case, with csp brakes + data.acd I can't brake;

4) If I remove csp brakes everything goes back to normal.

Am I doing something wrong?
Point 4 is your answer. CSP brakes complicates this and I don't use them, particularly for GT2 style cars in this era. Sure it can work but the ability of the AI to brake is affected by weight, downforce, balance, suspension etc etc.

@ninezeroniner and @jac0 -- just wanted to thank you guys for the Formula Mazda updates. It's one of my favorite cars to race in AC.

Incidentally, does anyone know why the tires look like this when they get dirty?
1709263900599.png

Last edited:
Some of your guys may know I have been testing different PP filter settings with my custom ReShade settings.
Keep in mind my hardware is not the best not running RTX stuff. Just a 5800X and a 8 years old GTX 1070.

Original recorded video looks much better than this YouTube reduced the visual quality noticeably.

Set video playback to 1080p.

@Peter Boese should be able to rectify your info I'd say
Thats correct what @racinjoe013 says. I just recommend to uninstall Sol if you install Pure, because Pure doesn't need parts of Sol (Sol Planner + controller) anymore. Sol has a weak code and i can only recommend to use Pure.
I recommend to uninstall Sol, because its apps have a wiper control and those will interfer with CSP's automatic wiper control.
In Pure i try to minimize the car controls. So car properties are excluded from the weather systemm and therefore Pure Planner has no wiper control. You just use the automatic wiper control of CSP in the weatherFX settings.

Sol weather app and Sol Planner app have their own wiper control and so you need to deactivate them in the apps settings.
To describe how to do it is much more time consuming than to just say "uninstall" Sol. So Sol has realy no advantage over Pure in my eyes.

BUT you can still use Pure and Sol in parallel. Both will not interfere with each other with the newer versions of Pure. You just need to take care of the wiper control, if you use automatic wipers.

Last edited:
Sorry it does not help you, but that’s the reason i run my championships through the vanilla AC launcher (yeah basically the reason I avoid CM)
All I am interested in is custom championships and they works just better without CM.

And I don’t know what happens if you try vanilla out as a CM user.
Read rumors this could screw the things up even more.

I found just creating a championship set up in CM then doing everything else in Notepad++ to work better

I allways updated it in the past in this state. But now there is now download available anymore. You need to request a Eval License before
OK, now it seems to have striked me too. Couldnt create Lods for the RS2 Avant by Maids Cafe, due to free license. LodD was still created tho. :(

[Pause for another attempt at my slow as hell test system]

Did another run with the pretty old BMW i8 by Tasken, all Lods were created. :confused:

But I guess soonish a VM with a renewed evaluation copy from time to time will be our best friend. 😁🤫
Incidentally, does anyone know why the tires look like this when they get dirty?
Bad dirt texture.

Last edited:
The track is available for AC. Officially sanctioned by the track owners for those who care about that. ;)
Will post the link when I find it.

I "discovered" this track way back in 2021 and actually emailed the website to ask if the mod version is available for public. At that time they said it was for members only. So glad it's now finished and released for free, even though we had to wait almost 3 years for it :)

Also for anyone complaining Tilke makes boring tracks, this and Bilster Berg are proof that when he's given freedom and a good piece of topography, the man can make wonders.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back