Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,188 comments
@Greg_ST congratulations for your work, I like your way of working, few mods but done well and followed over time.
If I can give some advice, the headlights of the car (300ZX) have a light that is too strong and too deep, they burn the textures of objects even hundreds of meters away (ex trees). Is there a way to fix this? Or, which parameter of the file extension could I modify to make it to my liking? Thanks so much again for your work.

Attachments

• Immagine.png
    Immagine.png
    139.1 KB · Views: 7
Hadn't seen this posted yet (maybe I missed it), but it looks like Road Atlanta is back hosted online by JohnR777, with an update too :)

Previously the track ran a little heavy on my midrange PC, but post 1.6 update, I can run full settings, with grassFX and FPS holds very steady :cheers:

Mosport is on there too

Last edited:
Hi guys,

asking for a friend. Can anyone help what could be wrong here:

You need the latest AC 1.16.3 or 1.16.4 and not the crack.
Also install CSP versions manually. Extract the dwrite.dll and the extension folder to AC root folder. Don't use CM to install them!

Last edited:
You need the latest AC 1.16.3 or 1.16.4 and not the crack.
Also install CSP versions manually. Extract the dwrite.dll and the extension folder to AC root folder. Don't use CM to install them!
AFAIK he uses the original game :confused:
But thx will tell him...

Are you sure it could be a crack? I mean this would be very dissapointing ... for me :odd: ... i mean to be that stingy to crack world´s best GAME ever which even does not cost 100€ or something.....it´s just a shame ... (or would be a shame)

Last edited:
RELEASE v3.0 of NEUTRAL PP-Filter

This post process filter is made for the best possible visuals by using the most neutral values for color, color temperature, saturation, brightness and contrast. I tested many filters and especially the contrast was always to intensive. Other problems were the saturation (too much or too less) or brightness.

This filter was made to get a optimal color gamut with the knowledge of a professional printer. You will especially see the difference to other filters if you are using a calibrated monitor. The Pure version was developed with friendly help by the Pure author Peter Boese.

This is the filter I'm using for all my track previews.

Features:
-neutral value for color (0.0)
-neutral value for contrast (1.0)
-neutral value for saturation (1.0)
-color temperature 4000 K (neutral white)
-no interrupting auto exposure (none Pure version)
-balanced brightness values created by using a calibrated monitor and checked using Photoshop auto levels
-slightly corrected gamma value for better color gamut of dark areas

Install guide:
Copy the two .ini files into this directory: YOUR-STEAMFOLDER\SteamApps\common\assettocorsa\system\cfg\ppfilters
In game open the "Post Process Filter" app and choose "Neutral" for none CSP, CSP, CSP + SOL and "Neutral (Pure)" if you also use Pure by Peter Boese.

Note for installing the Pure version: After changing the filter with the "Post Process Filter" app, please go out of the session to CM desktop and restart the race. Else it will be too dark!

The Pure pp filter was tested with v0.190 and v0.205 highres. There will be may changes of Pure in the future that will influence the quality of the filter. With this version it is not possible to set up monitor shaders correctly. They will be brighter instead of darker. If you have this error, deactivate the shader with the mirror app.

Comparison none Pure:

View attachment 1286938

See the difference in the preview comparison none Pure picture (included in the download package):
-sunside of the church is not too bright
-you can see structure in the shadows side of the church tower
-the better contrast of the trees in the background makes them look more natural
-road looks more natural

Comparison Pure:

View attachment 1286939

And see the difference in the preview comparison Pure picture (included in the download package):
-the shadows have more structure and are not 100 % black
-the sky has a better contrast
-the Dijon sign in the background is not too bright
-the road looks more smooth

Get always the latest version here:

Impressions from the Pure version:

View attachment 1286942
UPDATE v3.1

-changed brightness due to new Pure version

Hadn't seen this posted yet (maybe I missed it), but it looks like Road Atlanta is back hosted online by JohnR777, with an update too :)

Previously the track ran a little heavy on my midrange PC, but post 1.6 update, I can run full settings, with grassFX and FPS holds very steady :cheers:

Mosport is on there too
Nice catch! Hope there will be his Daytona at some time.

Getting regular game crash with latest csp and pure 0.250. Different cars and track combos.
I had similar errors lately and it turns out that the driver model in the DATA folder refers to a model that does not exist in assettocorsa\content\driver. Something very common in non Kunos cars. It gave me an error even though I had specified a driver in the ext_config.ini. Modify the driver model in the driver3d file in the data folder in the directory of the car that is giving you problems and put any driver you have.

Has anyone created a high quality version of the McLaren F1 GT and a version of the TVR Speed 12, the original speed 12 not the Cerbera version?

speed12.png
I add to the question if anyone knows a good quality mod of the Mclaren F1 LM

You said you were done. Glad you're not, what changed your mind?
I would have done 2007/2008/2010/2011, not doing 2012 and 2013 would feel like a hole that needs to be filled. So that V8 will finally be complete.

And honestly if it means I can hear prophetimus 2012 engine sounds I'm all for it (and if i can erase all trace of simdream, even better)

Last edited:
Speaking on another thing I must have missed between CSP and CM updates are some of the new built in apps (Are they through CM or CSP?) Just discovered the set up one and the web browser. Pretty cool what you can do with both.

I was able to make a "set up guide" app by "installing" the webpage which became it's own app on the sidebar, but it had no icon, and then went away on subsequent loadings. So instead I pinned the tab with set up help and every time I open the browser it loads up. But you could view anything I think (and drive while doing it lol). Youtube track guide videos etc Here's a screenshot of me watching the youtube video in game of the screen recording I made showing these apps :lol:

1709676306830.png

Heres a very short overview if anyone is curious

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back