https://we.tl/t-1Lt8WHZals

Tracks
https://we.tl/t-3bFJ2MYTgu

upload_2019-7-30_13-51-30.jpeg

upload_2019-7-30_13-52-2.jpeg

upload_2019-7-30_13-52-17.jpeg

upload_2019-7-30_13-52-37.jpeg

Last edited:
is there any way that i can make the speedometer slower more accurate on the 911 gt1 strassenversion? the only thing i fixed are the sounds. do i need to change one of the ini's in the data folder?

The users that are marveled by VR somehow managed to overcome or let go the "screen-door effect", which for some is unbearable and does not vanish even after a long time of using.

Sure. Its honestly only remotely noticeable if you actually try to focus on it.... if you're driving you wont even see it.

The users that are marveled by VR somehow managed to overcome or let go the "screen-door effect", which for some is unbearable and does not vanish even after a long time of using.

If you're really worried about the SDE I would recommend the Samsung Odyssey Plus. They have pretty much eliminated the effect entirely.

is there any way that i can make the speedometer slower more accurate on the 911 gt1 strassenversion? the only thing i fixed are the sounds. do i need to change one of the ini's in the data folder?

In the data folder, go into analog instruments.ini, find section [SPEED_INDICATOR] and change "STEP=" value to a slightly lesser value. I don't have that car, but I usually see that value set between 0.5 and 1.3 on most vehicles.

Hopefully your car doesn't have an "analog_speed_curve.ini" file as that also affects the speedometer. Instead you would have to change the values in that file.

My first go at converting a car (FH4) is underway and it's some serious trial and error but real good fun. Lots to learn as it's one step forward and then at least one back, if not two. Should be ready in about ten years...
wow mad respect. Dont think I would have the patience to learn something like this. But just imagine how awesome it would be if you would be able to convert every FH4 car into AC :crazy:

I could not disagree more.

A much better word than 'fun' is 'immersion'. VR puts you IN the car, ON the track, AT the race venue. You have to experience it yourself but the sense of presence is incredible. I know there are a multitude of personal, technical and financial reasons why VR isn't for everyone but for me it's an absolute perfect fit for sim racing. Full 360 degree freedom with a view that changes with your head movement is brilliant, but the biggest bonus of VR is the stereoscopic vision that works just like our eyes do to present things in proper 3D. Everything you see occupies 3D space and has a solidity that the best 2D screen in the world will never be able to reproduce. Opponents look and feel menacing alongside you, and they have a virtual mass that makes you more wary of collisions. Cockpits come alive in VR, apexes are easier to judge, the sensation of speed is unrivalled, and the scale of the environment can be overwhelming. I think it's pretty bloody amazing. Races are thrilling, feel dangerous, and the first few times you crash in VR you WILL brace for impact. Couple VR with a motion rig and the immersion simply goes of the scale.

I've went back to 2D when my Rift was out for repair (a 50" 4k panel right in front of my wheel, so a pretty good setup) and I found it terribly dull and insipid after VR. I was back to playing a videogame on a letterbox screen rather than feeling like I was actually racing cars on a track. It made me question how I ever got into sim racing in the first place. It just felt boring, and detached, and uninvolving. And all this is with a Rift CV1 with its narrow FoV and low resolution. I plan to upgrade hardware next year to something with a higher res and wider FoV, and man... I cannot wait.

2D racing on triples or a curved superwide has its place but comparing it to VR is futile. They are two totally different beasts with common components that achieve a similar thing in totally different ways with completely different results.

VR sim racing a 'gimmick'? No. No it's not. It's actually how it's meant to be played. This is meant to be a simulation, after all. And surely simulation starts with how we perceive things. That's not a 2D panel with your bedroom visible around the edges.

In my humble opinion, of course...

100% (and even more if it's possible) agree with you.
VR is way beyond everything even with it's current restriction (lack of resolution)

but about what Masscot is refering to, meaning you are IN the car, Even the biggest 2d screen will not be able to give you that feeling.

edit: but yes, it's expensive and can makes you dizzy at the beginning. (I have not been able to finish one lap at mugello the first time I try it) but you start to be used to quite fast. Just leave the headset as soon as you doesn't feel ok. And go back after every strange feeling goes away.

Last edited:
If you're really worried about the SDE I would recommend the Samsung Odyssey Plus. They have pretty much eliminated the effect entirely.
This new generation may be the only cure for me. With my Rift, I cannot get rid of it, no matter what. While many others, as the testimonials show, are able to completely ignore it and enjoy the experience even with the first generation VR.

I had the original Rift and I was one who just ignored the SDE. The Rift S still has it, but it is not nearly as bad.

For seated gaming, such as sim racing, Odyssey is a fine choice. However, its hand controllers are simply awful and many people have problems with comfort. And the Odyssey has only 2 tracking cameras vs. the Rift S's five.

Im sure this is the mod I have but I can no longer use cockpit view becasue the windscreen is completely opaque, probably due to incompatability with the Custom shader patch. Physics are abit iffy too and the model is missing some detail.

You just have to play with the transparency settings in ksEditor. Should be True for that object and Cast Shadow False. I could fix it for you.

And I've fixed the AMG VGT:

Screenshot_sk_mercedes_visiongt_spa_30-7-119-19-25-51.jpg

Now there's light! RPM Serie emits light but I've made the whole thing bright.

preview.jpg

https://sharemods.com/8v7oo5lfbsgj/sk_mercedes_visiongt.7z.html

Check a few posts back, basically I selected/deselected 'windows down' audio a few times and left it disabled. Solved the problem.

Good to hear, audio issues suck. As I said pages ago, I was gonna give you a huge rundown how I solved some audio issues but you've saved me from 4 massive paragraphs. :lol:

Rallycross for a change of pace?

Always wanted to see if rally was worth a hill of beans in AC but saw some rally cars and tracks here and there and never bothered.
Going to see tonight, thanks for linkies.

Last edited:
Now you do.
My $1300AUD Vive is sitting on floor gathering dust.
For a bunch of reasons which I shan't go into.

Woah, woah, woah... you cant just say that and not elaborate man! Pls do tell!

Anyone able to fix the dead RPM gauge on this Viper GTS-R? Its a pretty decent mod otherwise. Or even tell me how to fix it? If you need the mod itself just say.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    71.6 KB · Views: 48
Last edited by a moderator:
How about 3 Samsung 49" Super Ultra Wide's

View attachment 839366

I've got one Samsung 49" curved gaming monitor... and I love it. Three and I would be heaven!

The thing I don't like about VR is that, although the immersion is great, I don't like not knowing what's going on in the room around me. Call me a pussy, but I reckon you could die from a heart attack just by being being tapped on the shoulder by someone in the 'outside world' when you're totally embedded in the 'alternative world' ! It startles me enough even when I'm immersed in racing just using a monitor! :scared:

Does anyone know if there is a vao patch or updated version of the sun city map? Amazing looking freeroam map but low framerates kill it.
If you have the track installed and run a properly installed CSP check in the settings of the CSP that all track VAO are downloaded properly.
If you have done that and no track VAO are installed through the CSP repository your second try could be to search for that track in the CSP discord channel (there is one channel exclusively dedicated to posting VAO (but no chat spam) and another one for VAO discussions (and requests if you ask nicely).

Now the third option (the best in my opinion if no "official" VAO patch from one of the skilled gurus is available through teh repository) is to produce the VAO yourself.
It is in fact a VERY easy procedure (to get a basic VAO patch without specific refinement but much better than no VAO patch at all).

Just follow the simple step by step instructions how to do that from the CSP discord channel - I think LeBluem is the author of the step by step instructions.
It involves to download the VAO bakery exe and then simply drag and drop of the relevant KN5 files from the track into the bakery to produce VAO patch files for those KN5 files - if you can drag and drop a file on your computer desktop you can produce a basic VAO patch yourself this way ;-)

i was disappointed that there was no pc port of f355 i wonder is it because pc's at the time were less powerful? Sega gt actually proved this.
the reason was that F355 was originally developed for the SEGA arcade platform.
A port to the very similar SEGA Dreamcast hardware platform was practical (as seen with many original SEGA arcade games having been redeveloped for the Dreamcast).
A port for PC back then was simply unthinkable as of restrictions of PC hardware and capabilities of either DX or Open GL graphics then (this was the 90's after all ;-) ).

you know that every console basicly is a PC? there is no way that consoles where ever ahead of PCs.
With some of the consoles in the 90s that came in hardware design straight from arcade machines very dissimilar from then PC architecture this was just not the case.
Although mainstream consoles like the NES, SEGA master system or even the first gen Playstation were developed to a certain pricepoint were more expensive PC hardware was more powerful, other consoles at their time were highly advanced (but also rather complex for software devs to work with), such as the Dreamcast or the Saturn on its release or even the Playstation 2 when it was released.
Those consoles strayed significantly from simple PC hardware architecture and made new ways of rendering graphics and playing sound.

The major restrictions of consoles of the era was their intended display device being very limited (resolution) TV screens whereas PCs were already intended to display on higher resolution CRTs (although in games with the measly PC specs available then it was just not possible to render in many ways as beautiful graphics as on consoles as the Dreamcast.

I still remember the days of the Dreamcast particularly - NOTHING on a PC looked as beautiful then as it was rendered on Dreamcast. Games such as Sega Rally, F355 or Shenmue looked phenomenal were on PC games of the time graphics (although at higher resolution) looked dull (bit depth and colour rendition) and espeically sounds were amazing on those consoles compared to what you got with PCs without extensive dedicated sound cards (that did back then cost as much as a medium spec PC itself).

The consoles vs PC status today is quite different were PC hardware is available to consumers that can at a cost of about 4-5x the cost of a top range console easily outperform the console in all regards - back in the 90's that was not the case.
... but we digress from the topic of the thread ;-)

How about 3 Samsung 49" Super Ultra Wide's

View attachment 839366
With triple screen setups you really do not want this type of setup.
Even mild widescreen formats liek teh current 27" wide screen panels are not ideal for triple screens.
Ideal would be a setup like 3 very large 4:3 screens (30-40").

Triple widescreens have a the big downside of being very restrictive in your vertical field of view, so much so that you simply cannot fit a cockpit view into the screen (displaying the entire windscreen with dashboard).
This is also the reason why single superwide screens are really not the best solution for sim racing (as you tend to display the entire cockpit at too small a scale in order to fit sufficient side view into the single screen to see your mirrors as you cannot wrap around the single screen + you deal with the bad perspective distortion in your peripheral vision).

i couldn't fix the 911 gt1 road car properly so im letting you guys do it
i fixed the sounds
broken things:
speedometer going way faster than it should
engine problem it literally go kaput if you try to drive it more than 6 minutes?
mirrors seem to be broken
no lights in the interior at all.

preview.jpg

Anyone able to fix the dead RPM gauge on this Viper GTS-R? Its a pretty decent mod otherwise. Or even tell me how to fix it? If you need the mod itself just say.

there are two ways of doing that.
- the most usual one is to edit the analog_instruments.ini file and modify the steps value, until it shows correctly in game
- the other is to build a analog_speed_curve.lut file.

If the geometry of the speedometer or tacho is correct (the subdivisions of the values representing the speed or rpm are equal and constant), than, modifying the step value in the ini file should be enough.

If the geometry is all over the place, than the lut file will solve the problem

here a short example of a lut file with just 2 lines ... you can put as many entries as you need:

0|0
260|122.000

and here an example of the ini file:

[RPM_INDICATOR]
ZERO=0
STEP=0.0360
OBJECT_NAME=ARROW_RPM

[SPEED_INDICATOR]
ZERO=0
STEP=0.58
OBJECT_NAME=ARROW_SPEED

(in bold the values to modify)

Last edited:

Yep, I honestly don't even see it anymore on most games. On iRacing I swear it's not even there if I look for it. On AC it's there but I have to stop and pay attention to it to notice it, during normal driving my brain doesn't even really recognize that it exists. It took a little while to get to that stage, my first couple weeks I honestly had trouble even seeing turn in points and apexes, but eventually it all clicked together and now I'm one that can't go back.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back