Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
im guessing that a new model is needed. What i discovered is that the f355 challenge mod was made by rtm he being he he was too lazy to convert a f355 challenge model so instead he grabbed Malagoli's f355 f1 mod and just slapped a spoiler made some skins and re edited the data.
This mod was not made by rtm,and this car was also not from malagoli!i did this cars,complete 3d work from me and some skins,paul williams physik and skins.

This mod was not made by rtm,and this car was also not from malagoli!i did this cars,complete 3d work from me and some skins,paul williams physik and skins.
then why does it have paddle shifters? it would at least make sense to see a onboard video and what about this?
2019.07.31-22.23.png

From Dan Bucsa on FB:
Koenigsegg One:1 Skugga v1.5

The Ghost!

A one-off special edition hyper car like no other. It is as crazy sexy as it is insanely fast. It's a rush just keeping it on the track at the edge of it's hyper grip.

Nearly 1Gb, 14 unoptimized computing resource killing skins, you've been warned! I could not edit the model so all the visual work is external. I've rebuild it from the last version I released and the remastering took a lot of effort... For those who can run this: Kick the tyres and light the fires!

https://mega.nz/#!f7IW3AjD!Nf45qkQL3u_ewS0o9P83pIIzFLorJH6qVyL4XhR8WDE

67388191_2364762713842229_847214266577584128_o.jpg

Credits

Moringaou - Moddeling and Textures
CCX - Physics, UI and Project Lead
Fillipo94 - Instrument Design
Legende_TLM - Textures
NeverKrash - Sounds
Nick Moxley - Car Model Export and Test Driver
William Levesque - Test Driver
The_Meco - Test Driver
Pankykapus - Test Driver
Nick Moxley, Misterbeam, Burrito, Avoletta,
McLarenF1Papa, Aristotelis - Physics
Modek - Special Thanks
Dan Bucsa (Our Racing Simulator Project)

67748194_2364762573842243_6104143521214627840_o.jpg

So Assetto Corsa decided to do this now....

Thats because the new betas 1-4 need the latest shader for SOL's added features.
So you need shader 185,183 or maybe as low as 164 (not sure on that). Just click the bullet to update.

And for positive, anything from shader140 and down will cause the black screen, tear.

153lev8.png

From Dan Bucsa on FB:

The Ghost!

Great car !
Where a lot of mods have no (working) windscreen wipers, this one has.
But it shouldn't ... :dopey:

Koenigsegg Skugga (means ''Shadow'' on swedish) Idea for a next Koenigsegg after Regera .The Skugga uses powerful twin-turbo V8 combustion engine with three electric motors used in Regera (1500hp) with a KDD transmission and 2 individual electric motors on the front wheels (240hp each) which also work like generators which makes first AWD Koenigsegg.The concept doesn't have battery, the battery is replaced with Graphene carbon nanotube chassis instead usual carbon fibre chassis who function as a supercapacitor for storing energy..Skugga doesn't have normal windshield wiper, its replaced with hight frequency waves windshield technology.. Front headlights are eye shaped, and reminds even more on a eye when the the led running day lights are on. From the other side there is a circular shaped taillights and fog lights..The four exhausts pass through the tail lights and the rear fog lights.The exhaust gasses will reflect the light coming from the tail lights and fog lights and as a result, we can see the path of the beam on the side what will give a spectacular effect.

https://www.behance.net/gallery/64241521/Koenigsegg-Skugga

So, the VR thing. I've got an RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey+, HTC Vive Pro, and now an Index on order (don't ask - I keep trying). I have custom lenses made for each headset to correct my vision. My settings are correct and it looks about as nice as it possibly can.

I'm still trying to like it. It's just that my 4k monitor is so razor-sharp in comparison to the comparatively blurry, desaturated VR that I always end up going back to my flatscreen (which is also way less hassle to use). I did notice that in VR, I tend to not over-drive the car as much. It's like I have a more accurate sense of speed and so I'm not trying to compensate by getting on the gas too early. It's also far easier to negotiate traffic and position the car properly on corner entry.

But for those advantages, there's a huge disadvantage: The super low angular resolution (about 480p equivalent). No amount of supersampling (I run about 200% in AC) can somehow create detail which isn't there in the first place. This really affects my ability to see into the distance, with braking markers being especially difficult to discern. After a while, I simply find myself wanting to go back to 4k.

I think it'll be incredible in 5 years, if it doesn't go the way of 3D. Which it might. The market penetration of every headset combined (per the last Steam Hardware Survey) was a whopping 1% (up from 0.3% 3 years ago). So, we went from 0.3% to 1% in...3 years. That's not exactly setting the world on fire.

Anyway, back to the mods ;)

So, the VR thing. I've got an RTX 2080ti, Samsung Odyssey+, HTC Vive Pro, and now an Index on order (don't ask - I keep trying). I have custom lenses made for each headset to correct my vision. My settings are correct and it looks about as nice as it possibly can.

I'm still trying to like it. It's just that my 4k monitor is so razor-sharp in comparison to the comparatively blurry, desaturated VR that I always end up going back to my flatscreen (which is also way less hassle to use). I did notice that in VR, I tend to not over-drive the car as much. It's like I have a more accurate sense of speed and so I'm not trying to compensate by getting on the gas too early. It's also far easier to negotiate traffic and position the car properly on corner entry.

But for those advantages, there's a huge disadvantage: The super low angular resolution (about 480p equivalent). No amount of supersampling (I run about 200% in AC) can somehow create detail which isn't there in the first place. This really affects my ability to see into the distance, with braking markers being especially difficult to discern. After a while, I simply find myself wanting to go back to 4k.

I think it'll be incredible in 5 years, if it doesn't go the way of 3D. Which it might. The market penetration of every headset combined (per the last Steam Hardware Survey) was a whopping 1% (up from 0.3% 3 years ago). So, we went from 0.3% to 1% in...3 years. That's not exactly setting the world on fire.

Anyway, back to the mods ;)

This is getting hilarious. First Mascot totally sold me on getting one. Then GzeroD cast some on doubt on my decision being his mysterious self and now this just totally turned me off the whole Idea. I'm just going to go buy another three 49" Samsung ultra wide's and stack them on top of my existing three and be done with it :boggled:

From Dan Bucsa on FB:

The Ghost!

A one-off special edition hyper car like no other. It is as crazy sexy as it is insanely fast. It's a rush just keeping it on the track at the edge of it's hyper grip.

Nearly 1Gb, 14 unoptimized computing resource killing skins, you've been warned! I could not edit the model so all the visual work is external. I've rebuild it from the last version I released and the remastering took a lot of effort... For those who can run this: Kick the tyres and light the fires!

https://mega.nz/#!f7IW3AjD!Nf45qkQL3u_ewS0o9P83pIIzFLorJH6qVyL4XhR8WDE

67388191_2364762713842229_847214266577584128_o.jpg

Credits

Moringaou - Moddeling and Textures
CCX - Physics, UI and Project Lead
Fillipo94 - Instrument Design
Legende_TLM - Textures
NeverKrash - Sounds
Nick Moxley - Car Model Export and Test Driver
William Levesque - Test Driver
The_Meco - Test Driver
Pankykapus - Test Driver
Nick Moxley, Misterbeam, Burrito, Avoletta,
McLarenF1Papa, Aristotelis - Physics
Modek - Special Thanks
Dan Bucsa (Our Racing Simulator Project)

67748194_2364762573842243_6104143521214627840_o.jpg

Hello there is no way but hey I already know the answer to put this mod via mediafire or wetransfer thank you

This is getting hilarious. First Mascot totally sold me on getting one. Then GzeroD cast some on doubt on my decision being his mysterious self and now this just totally turned me off the whole Idea. I'm just going to go buy another three 49" Samsung ultra wide's and stack them on top of my existing three and be done with it :boggled:
Look at it this way: if engineers developed a way for real-life racing drivers to be able to see their bedrooms around the edges of their visors while simultaneously downgrading to 2D monocular vision... how many drivers would take them up on this oh-so tempting offer?
;)

Look at it this way: if engineers developed a way for real-life racing drivers to be able to see their bedrooms around the edges of their visors while simultaneously downgrading to 2D monocular vision... how many drivers would take them up on this oh-so tempting offer?
;)

You would make a great salesman :D

Hello there is no way but hey I already know the answer to put this mod via mediafire or wetransfer thank you

https://we.tl/t-5xnWrlLXiu

Last edited by a moderator:
This. Ivew been waiting on someone to make the Prius, Evora, and brz gt300 cars. inb4 someone says there is already a brz mod. not the same car, completely different bodywork and everything
r-d-sport-subaru-brz-gt300-sasaki-35670.jpg
By the work seen in Chivas' FB page, he actually is bringing GT300 cars and, most importantly, old GT500 machines (can't wait for that TAKATA NSX <3 )

Can somebody please explain to me why engine audio on official Kunos cars sometimes disappears? I've heard it's something to do with unofficial mods using the same sound, or something, but I just don't understand why that should affect the sound files of the original car. I verified my Steam files only a few days ago while trying to fix the machine gun audio glitch and went to use the MX5 Cup last night to find it was completely silent.
It's a pain in the ass when this happens.
Maybe it's something Ilja could patch to stop it happening?

Please pretend you are speaking to a small child or a chimpanzee during the explanation.

Can somebody please explain to me why engine audio on official Kunos cars sometimes disappears? I've heard it's something to do with unofficial mods using the same sound, or something, but I just don't understand why that should affect the sound files of the original car. I verified my Steam files only a few days ago while trying to fix the machine gun audio glitch and went to use the MX5 Cup last night to find it was completely silent.
It's a pain in the ass when this happens.
Maybe it's something Ilja could patch to stop it happening?

Please pretend you are speaking to a small child or a chimpanzee during the explanation.

Could be your Documents/Assetto Corsa folder. Re-installing and verified steam files doesn't affect the AC folder in Documents.
By deleting the folder also means you loose your setups and settings, so just in case do a backup first.

This is the only reason I chime in on these discussions, to provide a counterpoint to the negative reviews. Unfortunately no amount of reviews can ever give you a real idea of what VR is like, it's something you just have to experience. And even then you have to give it at least two weeks of regular use for your brain to calibrate to it, but once it does it's an amazing experience. Like Kondor said, at first I had trouble seeing stuff in the distance but with a little time that all went away and I have no problem hitting every braking point and nailing every turn-in (way better and more consistently than I ever could on a flat screen). Some people aren't physically capable of adapting, some don't give themselves enough time to adapt and throw in the towel. At the end of my first week I almost returned my Rift because I didn't think it was going to work out, boy am I glad I didn't! If you're one who only really cares about gaining every possible tenth of a second to improve your lap times, flat screens might be a little better. If you're main desire is to feel like you're in the cockpit of any number of amazing cars driving on any number of amazing tracks and being fully immersed in the experience, VR is literally in a league of its own.

I'm not trying to convince you one way or the other, of course. It's your money and you're free to spend it however you like. But here are a few videos I made by simply holding my iPhone up to the Rift lens and this is about the best impression I can provide of how it actually looks when everything is setup correctly and running smoothly. Of course to my actual eyes it's a little crisper and sharper than what the video shows and it's hard to keep the phone in a spot where everything stays in focus, and it's all in full 3D so everything has depth to it and you genuinely feel like you're moving and that does not translate to the iPhone camera. So if you would be satisfied with what you see here then you would enjoy VR (and remember it's a bit better in person). You can see my monitor at first and you'll notice there's not a huge difference between my 1080 monitor and the Rift. The text on the dash is easy to read and stuff in the distance looks relatively fine, brake markers are very easy to spot well in advance. I don't have a super PC either, this is all on a vanilla 1070. (Note: Any glare, blurriness, or saturation issues are simply from holding my phone to the Rift and those are not present when you have the Rift strapped to your face)

This is the only reason I chime in on these discussions, to provide a counterpoint to the negative reviews. Unfortunately no amount of reviews can ever give you a real idea of what VR is like, it's something you just have to experience. And even then you have to give it at least two weeks of regular use for your brain to calibrate to it, but once it does it's an amazing experience. Like Kondor said, at first I had trouble seeing stuff in the distance but with a little time that all went away and I have no problem hitting every braking point and nailing every turn-in (way better and more consistently than I ever could on a flat screen). Some people aren't physically capable of adapting, some don't give themselves enough time to adapt and throw in the towel. At the end of my first week I almost returned my Rift because I didn't think it was going to work out, boy am I glad I didn't! If you're one who only really cares about gaining every possible tenth of a second to improve your lap times, flat screens might be a little better. If you're main desire is to feel like you're in the cockpit of any number of amazing cars driving on any number of amazing tracks and being fully immersed in the experience, VR is literally in a league of its own.

I'm not trying to convince you one way or the other, of course. It's your money and you're free to spend it however you like. But here are a few videos I made by simply holding my iPhone up to the Rift lens and this is about the best impression I can provide of how it actually looks when everything is setup correctly and running smoothly. Of course to my actual eyes it's a little crisper and sharper than what the video shows and it's hard to keep the phone in a spot where everything stays in focus, and it's all in full 3D so everything has depth to it and you genuinely feel like you're moving and that does not translate to the iPhone camera. So if you would be satisfied with what you see here then you would enjoy VR (and remember it's a bit better in person). You can see my monitor at first and you'll notice there's not a huge difference between my 1080 monitor and the Rift. The text on the dash is easy to read and stuff in the distance looks relatively fine, brake markers are very easy to spot well in advance. I don't have a super PC either, this is all on a vanilla 1070. (Note: Any glare, blurriness, or saturation issues are simply from holding my phone to the Rift and those are not present when you have the Rift strapped to your face)

Yeah, it's obvious from some comments that a lot of people who have tried VR don't have it set up properly for their IPD, or don't have graphic options set correctly. I simply don't recognise the comments about the view being blurry, washed out or very low res. Mine looks crisp, vivid and sharp, and that's with a lowly Rift CV1. Newer HMDs must be incredible.

Yeah, it's obvious from some comments that a lot of people who have tried VR don't have it set up properly for their IPD, or don't have graphic options set correctly. I simply don't recognise the comments about the view being blurry, washed out or very low res. Mine looks crisp, vivid and sharp, and that's with a lowly Rift CV1. Newer HMDs must be incredible.

Same here, I'm genuinely puzzled at some of the criticisms because they're so very far off from what I experience. Those videos are basically exactly what my eye sees and you can see there's virtually no SDE to be seen, it's slightly more visible to my actual eyes but not much. My buddy Wiz just upgraded to the Rift S a couple months ago from the CV1, he said it is a nice upgrade but not enough for me to want to upgrade. And apparently they kinda jacked up how the IPD works now and I don't think I could even get it in a zone that fits my IPD, so it would perpetually be a little blurry for me.

Anyway, this isn't the VR thread, so back to regularly scheduled mod programming. WGTP, where news comes first!

@Masscot @BrandonW77 - I'm with you both. RIft CV1 here and once it's dialed in its amazing.... really no clue what these guys are on about. Anyone thinking about VR.... you need to try it yourself, no amount of reading will ever tell you whats its truly like.

Brandon your videos are some of the best I've seen showing it what it looks like through the lens, minus the 3D depth of course.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back