Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,901 comments
still no Venturi mod for ac :( if there was only a good 3d model for it,
One of the best looking cars in my opinion.
1994-venturi-400-gt-trophy011544768201.jpg

Just one question here? is it very hard to port cars from gta 5 to assetto corsa?( for example the valkyrie) i know physics will suck but is hard?

physics will not suck if you spend some time testing and tweaking.
If it is hard, it is a relative question... try first completely rebuild a few already converted cars, so you get familiar with the objects hierarchy, naming, materials, shaders, physics etc...

It is not hard, but it takes time... quite a bit of time if you want to do it properly.

Out of my head, it takes a week for a car if you have nothing else to do, and you can spend 8 - 10 hours a day on your pc.

Testing and painting skins takes most of the time.

Is it a well invested time ??? hmmm... up to you to decide... you'll gain some knowledge that you can apply just on that game engine and some basic insight on how games work in general...

If you like it, go for it, but be prepared that it will take loads of time.

I'd rather suggest spanding that time in actual 3D modeling.
Cheers and good luck !

This is the only reason I chime in on these discussions, to provide a counterpoint to the negative reviews. Unfortunately no amount of reviews can ever give you a real idea of what VR is like, it's something you just have to experience. And even then you have to give it at least two weeks of regular use for your brain to calibrate to it, but once it does it's an amazing experience. Like Kondor said, at first I had trouble seeing stuff in the distance but with a little time that all went away and I have no problem hitting every braking point and nailing every turn-in (way better and more consistently than I ever could on a flat screen). Some people aren't physically capable of adapting, some don't give themselves enough time to adapt and throw in the towel. At the end of my first week I almost returned my Rift because I didn't think it was going to work out, boy am I glad I didn't! If you're one who only really cares about gaining every possible tenth of a second to improve your lap times, flat screens might be a little better. If you're main desire is to feel like you're in the cockpit of any number of amazing cars driving on any number of amazing tracks and being fully immersed in the experience, VR is literally in a league of its own.

I'm not trying to convince you one way or the other, of course. It's your money and you're free to spend it however you like. But here are a few videos I made by simply holding my iPhone up to the Rift lens and this is about the best impression I can provide of how it actually looks when everything is setup correctly and running smoothly. Of course to my actual eyes it's a little crisper and sharper than what the video shows and it's hard to keep the phone in a spot where everything stays in focus, and it's all in full 3D so everything has depth to it and you genuinely feel like you're moving and that does not translate to the iPhone camera. So if you would be satisfied with what you see here then you would enjoy VR (and remember it's a bit better in person). You can see my monitor at first and you'll notice there's not a huge difference between my 1080 monitor and the Rift. The text on the dash is easy to read and stuff in the distance looks relatively fine, brake markers are very easy to spot well in advance. I don't have a super PC either, this is all on a vanilla 1070. (Note: Any glare, blurriness, or saturation issues are simply from holding my phone to the Rift and those are not present when you have the Rift strapped to your face)

100% with you! I was only sick on the first day. And today it is still a bit strange to drive backwards out of the gravel bed. But otherwise: perfect! I know some racetracks from real life and can only say absolutely identical! A duel with the monitor I could not even imagine!

This is getting hilarious. First Mascot totally sold me on getting one. Then GzeroD cast some on doubt on my decision being his mysterious self and now this just totally turned me off the whole Idea. I'm just going to go buy another three 49" Samsung ultra wide's and stack them on top of my existing three and be done with it :boggled:

At least try VR once this year (I have Oculus CV1). What sold me? In AC VR, the first time I parked a car at turn 5 Road America, stood outside the car, admired the sun glare on the beautiful Ferrari GT3 textures, finishes and watched the rest of the field fly past me.....I realized I was no longer playing the game, I was INSIDE the game.......:bowdown:

2 more reasons.......I enjoy night racing where SDE effect is less apparent in AC and per @BrandonW77 ............ iRacing, has for some reason (pixel density?) less apparent SDE than AC, ACC.

100% with you! I was only sick on the first day. And today it is still a bit strange to drive backwards out of the gravel bed. But otherwise: perfect!

Oh, if I look back over my shoulder while I'm moving I still get an instant dose of the woozy! But it's just for a brief moment and goes away once I'm looking the right way again. And I still occasionally feel the butterflies in my stomach when I go over a big crest, just like you do in a real car.

At least try VR once this year (I have Oculus CV1). What sold me? In AC VR, the first time I parked a car at turn 5 Road America, stood outside the car, admired the sun glare on the beautiful Ferrari GT3 textures, finishes and watched the rest of the field fly past me.....I realized I was no longer playing the game, I was INSIDE the game.......:bowdown:

Yep, that was my first thought too, it's like one of those movies where you get pulled into the tv and become part of the show. It's even more pronounced in games like Robo Recall, that game literally makes me sweat bullets.

2 more reasons.......I enjoy night racing where SDE effect is less apparent in AC and per @BrandonW77 ............ iRacing, has for some reason (pixel density?) less apparent SDE than AC, ACC.

I presume it's because it's an older engine which lets you really push the graphic settings high, but there is basically no discernable SDE in iRacing for me, or any VR artifacts for that matter. In that game VR looks 95% as good as my monitors, at least on my system.

VR is the Gamer`s dream that came true! Simracing is the only segment in the gaming that all AAA work perfect on VR! And now guess what - it is not good enough! Lets go for screen!;) I dont see this related, why to choose and make sacrifices on VR or screens??? Well maybe VR is not perfect for everyone, but man this "thing" is INSANE!
Recommended steps for every simracer!
1. Buy big enough screen ot triples!
2. If you want to add extra immersion to drive when you like - buy VR!
3. Buy flowers to your wife or GF!
:)

Current GPU aren't even powerful enough to process higher res, so there is no point of getting high res HMDs yet. Even using 2080TI is just barely good enough for sim racing at the moment.

VR is very playable in its current state and its already a game changer, I could never go back to flat screens.

Tony.....you mention cars here , are able to convert tracks , from something like RF2? I'd be willing to pay for a couple converted tracks from that game , and share them with everyone here. That is if it's not a major pain in the butt to do? I have no idea what that all consists of.

Just a heads up that Rf2 tracks are being converted here: https://gilles2019.wixsite.com/acclassics/rfactor-2-conversions

I'm not sure if his tracks are straight rips or not or if his paid tracks are higher quality then what he's posted on RD for free but at $2 they might be worth checking out. You know the old saying though.

I compiled a short list of tracks available on RD that are converted from Rf2. I've only tried Joesville and Mountain Peak which are high quality conversions. The first three appear to be low quality straight rips and Castle Combe sounds like a little more was put into the conversion.

These might give you an idea of a low to high quality Rf2 conversion

Phakisa South Africa 1
75 Kyalami South Africa 1
East London South Africa 1
Castle Combe Circuit 2
Joesville Speedway 1.0
Mountain Peak (Charlotte Speedway)

In case Tony didn't take you up on your offer, here is something interesting especially if you are willing to pay. This guy who took this job is the same guy behind the Skip Barber on RD. Check his you tube for progress.

It could be a good way to get high quality conversions for whichever tracks you're looking for.

Build me a 3D Race Track Model for a game called Assetto Corsa

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/...Model-for-a-game-called-Assetto-Corsa-1462869

I've actually hired some temporary sales people through this site so it's safe but I would just contact that guy through RD and see if he's interested.

Yes I plan to, I was kind of joking with that post. I really want to try Rf2 Spa 66 with the Brabham BT20 in VR...:scared:

Last edited by a moderator:
VR is the Gamer`s dream that came true! Simracing is the only segment in the gaming that all AAA work perfect on VR! And now guess what - it is not good enough! Lets go for screen!;) I dont see this related, why to choose and make sacrifices on VR or screens??? Well maybe VR is not perfect for everyone, but man this "thing" is INSANE!
Recommended steps for every simracer!
1. Buy big enough screen ot triples!
2. If you want to add extra immersion to drive when you like - buy VR!
3. Buy flowers to your wife or GF!
:)

Repeat #3 early and often. :lol: VR isn't for everyone but a lot of the negative information out there really doesn't jive with my experience, or of anyone I know that uses VR, so I just try to provide a counter-point in case there are some interested punters reading and trying to decide whether to take the plunge or not. And I always try to stress that it does take awhile to adapt to it, how long it takes will vary from person to person, but once you do adapt you're good to go and can play for hours without any negative physical effects.

For those in the United States, Best Buy sells the Rift and they have a 15 day return policy (pretty much no questions asked too). So get one, try to spend 20-30 minutes a day with it for those two weeks and if by day 15 you're not satisfied you can return it, basically a free two-week trial.

Just a heads up that Rf2 tracks are being converted here: https://gilles2019.wixsite.com/acclassics/rfactor-2-conversions

I'm not sure if his tracks are straight rips or not or if his paid tracks are higher quality then what he's posted on RD for free but at $2 they might be worth checking out. You know the old saying though.

I compiled a short list of tracks available on RD that are converted from Rf2. I've only tried Joesville and Mountain Peak which are high quality conversions. The first three appear to be low quality straight rips and Castle Combe sounds like a little more was put into the conversion.

These might give you an idea of a low to high quality Rf2 conversion

Phakisa South Africa 1
75 Kyalami South Africa 1
East London South Africa 1
Castle Combe Circuit 2
Joesville Speedway 1.0
Mountain Peak (Charlotte Speedway)

In case Tony didn't take you up on your offer, here is something interesting especially if you are willing to pay. This guy who took this job is the same guy behind the Skip Barber on RD. Check his you tube for progress.

It could be a good way to get high quality conversions for whichever tracks you're looking for.

Build me a 3D Race Track Model for a game called Assetto Corsa

https://www.freelancer.com/contest/...Model-for-a-game-called-Assetto-Corsa-1462869

I've actually hired some temporary sales people through this site so it's safe but I would just contact that guy through RD and see if he's interested.
We need a cyberpunk track in AC, otherwise i'll flip out.

You push people so often to buy RTM mods, so I will start to think you work with him on a percentage from every sale! LoL
i only said should. When im saying should IT DOES NOT MEAN FORCE do people even understand what i'm saying? people should pick it up before it fetches up the price rtm could change the price even up to 100$ or more because he is a greedy ------- just look at how the espace f1 went up in price from 70$ to 200$ if people don't have the money for it or just don't want to buy it than that's ok i have nothing against it. If we keep leaking his mods he could eventually stop.

Thats because the new betas 1-4 need the latest shader for SOL's added features.
So you need shader 185,183 or maybe as low as 164 (not sure on that). Just click the bullet to update.

And for positive, anything from shader140 and down will cause the black screen, tear.

153lev8.png
hi mate how do you get those 'tags' up there on CM?

SORRY WRONG SCREEN GRAB, THE OTHER TAGS ON THE gt500 CHIVAS CAR YOU POSTED..

BLOODY caps lock now!! made a right pigs ear of this!!

Seven of the twelve 500's are Chivas.
r909p2.png

this one...sorry for double post in advance...

Last edited by a moderator:
i only said should. When im saying should IT DOES NOT MEAN FORCE do people even understand what i'm saying? people should pick it up before it fetches up the price rtm could change the price even up to 100$ or more because he is a greedy ------- just look at how the espace f1 went up in price from 70$ to 200$ if people don't have the money for it or just don't want to buy it than that's ok i have nothing against it. If we keep leaking his mods he could eventually stop.
So, prove your believes and contribute to this leaking instead of asking others to do that!:) Simple!

this one...sorry for double post in advance...
You mean the origin icons located after the car name ?
I just made a whole lot of them for myself, so almost all my cars (and tracks) are covered.
I don't understand why not all modders provide them. It's way easier to find cars from a certain modder this way.
I was considering sharing them on RD.

Maybe some modders would object, or wouldn't like the icon I made, or...

For instance: this is the one for GTPlanet modding team:

GTP.png

Then it looks like this:

icons.png

Last edited:

Pre order with his family and friends, tax loop hole paypal payment scheme? No thanks. He could just take your money, tell you to F off and nobody would do anything about it.

This is getting hilarious. First Mascot totally sold me on getting one. Then GzeroD cast some on doubt on my decision being his mysterious self and now this just totally turned me off the whole Idea. I'm just going to go buy another three 49" Samsung ultra wide's and stack them on top of my existing three and be done with it :boggled:
No opinion will substitute you trying it for yourself.

Does anybody else like using the Hockenheimring 88 track ?

Taking a break from constantly driving @Gladbecker82s's family of DPi's I started blasting around this track for fun, but the track cameras drove me crazy. So I made a new one (attached here, just replace the .txt with .ini and all should be good to go after you drop it in the GP/data folder for the track. It replaces the original, just change the file name to cameras_1.txt if you want to keep the original).

Btw, does anybody have any improved AI files for this track ? There's an "improved AI" file available over on RD, but it's the same as the version I have. The problem is when the AI exits the pit lane, they stop before they rejoin the fast AI line; leads to some rather interesting encounters when you come blasting out of turn 1!

Attachments

• cameras.txt
    8.2 KB · Views: 19
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back