Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,908 comments
Thats reminds me to ask modders here - What need to be changed in car data files to change the car from SQ to H shifting car?
im guessing that a new model is needed. What i discovered is that the f355 challenge mod was made by rtm he being he he was too lazy to convert a f355 challenge model so instead he grabbed Malagoli's f355 f1 mod and just slapped a spoiler made some skins and re edited the data.

Thank you - I knew gotta be something easy, now I know where to edit!;)

Also, it helps to change the driver animations, which you can find in any manual gears car. Just don't forget to remove the previous shift up/down animation.
If the current driver model you're using does not assimilate the manual gears animation, well... it goes somewhat deeper. Maybe up to the point of replacing it entirely / reshaping it in CM. I guess a tutorial could be made about it.
Cheers!

Also, it helps to change the driver animations, which you can find in any manual gears car. Just don't forget to remove the previous shift up/down animation.
If the current driver model you're using does not assimilate the manual gears animation, well... it goes somewhat deeper. Maybe up to the point of replacing it entirely / reshaping it in CM. I guess a tutorial could be made about it.
Cheers!
I did not even think about that, since I have driver's arms disabled... ;)

Why ?
Because I knew how to do it !?
:gtpflag:
I don`t underestimate your knowledge - I knew gotta be easy, because AC checks in some file something marked and sees the car H shifting or not....Now we saw where is this check;) Because every car can be used with paddles if you dont have H shifter,right?...that leads me that the opposite change gotta be easy!:)

Man, I wish I could get used to that. Although I'm the one turning the wheel, I get the visual sensation that I'm sitting on a self driven car, lol
just use the camera that only shows the dashboard. It feels more realistic imo because the only wheel you see is the actual wheel you steer with

Just imagine the beauty of an entire thread page dedicted to mirrors not working in VR :D
Yes... like "VR is superior cause you can turn your head like in a real car to watch the rear mirr... oh damn!" :D

You chaps need to move to VR...
I would like VR but first i have to buy a bigger PC witha better GPU in order to use a VR headset
In adiction VR creates me two unsolvable problems...
First i wear glasses and to use properly VR i sould wear contact lenses but i am allergic to them (this is why i wear glasses)... second i have a dizziness about high places and so on an using VR makes me sick in few minutes

VR is not for everyone

Never tried VR. I imagine it being very fun but I just dont see it replacing monitors for racing games. I think it will always be a nice gimmick and not more
i agree... i like better to spend money to get a big panoramic curved monitor (like a 49" 32:9 curved display) or a triple monitor

Never tried VR. I imagine it being very fun but I just dont see it replacing monitors for racing games. I think it will always be a nice gimmick and not more

i agree... i like better to spend money to get a big panoramic curved monitor (like a 49" 32:9 curved display) or a triple monitor

I could not disagree more.

A much better word than 'fun' is 'immersion'. VR puts you IN the car, ON the track, AT the race venue. You have to experience it yourself but the sense of presence is incredible. I know there are a multitude of personal, technical and financial reasons why VR isn't for everyone but for me it's an absolute perfect fit for sim racing. Full 360 degree freedom with a view that changes with your head movement is brilliant, but the biggest bonus of VR is the stereoscopic vision that works just like our eyes do to present things in proper 3D. Everything you see occupies 3D space and has a solidity that the best 2D screen in the world will never be able to reproduce. Opponents look and feel menacing alongside you, and they have a virtual mass that makes you more wary of collisions. Cockpits come alive in VR, apexes are easier to judge, the sensation of speed is unrivalled, and the scale of the environment can be overwhelming. I think it's pretty bloody amazing. Races are thrilling, feel dangerous, and the first few times you crash in VR you WILL brace for impact. Couple VR with a motion rig and the immersion simply goes of the scale.

I've went back to 2D when my Rift was out for repair (a 50" 4k panel right in front of my wheel, so a pretty good setup) and I found it terribly dull and insipid after VR. I was back to playing a videogame on a letterbox screen rather than feeling like I was actually racing cars on a track. It made me question how I ever got into sim racing in the first place. It just felt boring, and detached, and uninvolving. And all this is with a Rift CV1 with its narrow FoV and low resolution. I plan to upgrade hardware next year to something with a higher res and wider FoV, and man... I cannot wait.

2D racing on triples or a curved superwide has its place but comparing it to VR is futile. They are two totally different beasts with common components that achieve a similar thing in totally different ways with completely different results.

VR sim racing a 'gimmick'? No. No it's not. It's actually how it's meant to be played. This is meant to be a simulation, after all. And surely simulation starts with how we perceive things. That's not a 2D panel with your bedroom visible around the edges.

In my humble opinion, of course...

I could not disagree more.

A much better word than 'fun' is 'immersion'. VR puts you IN the car, ON the track, AT the race venue. You have to experience it yourself but the sense of presence is incredible. I know there are a multitude of personal, technical and financial reasons why VR isn't for everyone but for me it's an absolute perfect fit for sim racing. Full 360 degree freedom with a view that changes with your head movement is brilliant, but the biggest bonus of VR is the stereoscopic vision that works just like our eyes do to present things in proper 3D. Everything you see occupies 3D space and has a solidity that the best 2D screen in the world will never be able to reproduce. Opponents look and feel menacing alongside you, and they have a virtual mass that makes you more wary of collisions. Cockpits come alive in VR, apexes are easier to judge, the sensation of speed is unrivalled, and the scale of the environment can be overwhelming. I think it's pretty bloody amazing. Races are thrilling, feel dangerous, and the first few times you crash in VR you WILL brace for impact. Couple VR with a motion rig and the immersion simply goes of the scale.

I've went back to 2D when my Rift was out for repair (a 50" 4k panel right in front of my wheel, so a pretty good setup) and I found it terribly dull and insipid after VR. I was back to playing a videogame on a letterbox screen rather than feeling like I was actually racing cars on a track. It made me question how I ever got into sim racing in the first place. It just felt boring, and detached, and uninvolving. And all this is with a Rift CV1 with its narrow FoV and low resolution. I plan to upgrade hardware next year to something with a higher res and wider FoV, and man... I cannot wait.

2D racing on triples or a curved superwide has its place but comparing it to VR is futile. They are two totally different beasts with common components that achieve a similar thing in totally different ways with completely different results.

VR sim racing a 'gimmick'? No. No it's not. It's actually how it's meant to be played. This is meant to be a simulation, after all. And surely simulation starts with how we perceive things. That's not a 2D panel with your bedroom visible around the edges.

In my humble opinion, of course...
I understand that maybe the "immersion" is better but I hear all the time that it gets very hot inside the Headset or that it makes you dizzy. But I guess if you are not into Endurance racing VR is an option. I just dont see many streamers using it very often. I am not hating. If I would have the bucks I would totally buy one over a triple monitor setup because who has room for that?:D and three screens + a stand for them is even more expensive

I understand that maybe the "immersion" is better but I hear all the time that it gets very hot inside the Headset or that it makes you dizzy. But I guess if you are not into Endurance racing VR is an option. I just dont see many streamers using it very often. I am not hating. If I would have the bucks I would totally buy one over a triple monitor setup because who has room for that?:D and three screens + a stand for them is even more expensive
I've driven for hours in VR with no issues, and that's without fans. In really hot and humid weather it can get a little uncomfortable, but that's only to be expected.
Any disorientation or feeling of motion sickness diminishes in short time for most (not all) users. Like getting your 'sea legs' on a boat.

Does anyone know where I could find something like this?

I found them on the AssettoGarage website. There are many others that have not been leaked for some reason.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 68
Thanks for the graphic but change position of the model in graphics offset and suspension to which value? You copy the original values or you try different ones until you are happy with the result?

is there a f355 challenge mod without the paddle shifters? as far as i remember the original thing had a manual gearbox.

im guessing that a new model is needed. What i discovered is that the f355 challenge mod was made by rtm he being he he was too lazy to convert a f355 challenge model so instead he grabbed Malagoli's f355 f1 mod and just slapped a spoiler made some skins and re edited the data.

Is there a F355 Challenge mod out there besides the Velo's version? I love the car and played the Dreamcast game to death. Heck I'm so desperate I've even contemplated buying Project Cars 2 :eek:

Thanks for the graphic but change position of the model in graphics offset and suspension to which value? You copy the original values or you try different ones until you are happy with the result?
yes, you can of course try this, i usually do more of a trial and error approach :D especially when wheelbase is not the same

Until you've tried VR you literally have no idea. It IS absolutely better than a monitor(s) in every way (save for resolution atm but that is getting better every day). I have the Rift and use it with my wheels setup for AC and its just unreal. Not knocking the monitors but VR is the way of the future for race sims no question.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back