Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,813 comments
AI works, drinks are on me.

Drinks Shot GIF by Best Youth

I've finally got my dream grid of GT1 cars, thanks to our bud, Legion, but is there a way to increase the grip these cars have? It's really like turning on ice with them right now. The AI also can't seem to handle the lack of grip and all of them go running off the road. How can I, if possible, increase the grip of these cars for my personal use? I'd be super happy to get them to grip the asphalt in a similar way/amount as the RSS GT cars. Thanks for any help.

2024-04-06 19_36_56-GT500 2007 Honda NSX.png

Last edited:
Agreed, the second pic also looks much better to me.
Maybe it's just a case of different looking weird at first?
Sorry for the confusion, the second pic looks stunning in my opinion (it's a Kunos car), but a lot of mod-cars look significantly worse with Linear Color Space turned on (especially in that same scenario: Jeddah at night). I've read everything Ilja posted and he writes "modders to have patience, don't change material shaders just yet, because more changes are coming". But as of now, with the limited testing I did, it is a very divisive feature, where some (excellent built cars) look even more beautiful now, and some other mods (including my own conversions), suddenly look very bad. Unfortunately, the "other mods" is about 60% of my total library...

Another adaptation completed to make up the grid (Le Mans in the 60s), Maserati Tipo 63 (used as a basis for the Maserati Tipo 61 by Adalexis).
It wasn't 100% the same, until someone decided to make a more accurate model. We'll be heading to on-track testing for one (BoP) soon.

6- Briggs Cunningham - Bruce Mclaren / Walt Hansgen
7- Briggs Cunningham - Augie Pabst / Richard Thompson
9- Scuderia Serenissima - Ludovico Scarfiotti / Nino Vaccarella

I decided to adapt the model again (I think it was a little better)
great works bro

release this month
Chevrolet Corvette GTP 1988
include some skins from Tar Heel

and no April 1st joke!
View attachment 1342260
View attachment 1342257View attachment 1342258View attachment 1342259View attachment 1342255
common bro this gtp is very good nice. I can't wait to test it in the historic race. We can't wait

I don't know if anyone remembers the TTR PIT CHIEF TEDDIE & KATHY mod me and my wife created decades ago for GTR2. Anyway I asked my wife to be my spotter in Assetto Corsa so I can replace Clare; who I really like, but I got a kick out of Kat being my crewchief in GTR2 back in the day, so I figured why not for Assetto...

I asked Kat if she'd do the same work she did for GTR2 (for the spotter vox only this time) for CrewChief. I'll share it with you guys just in case anyone is interested.

does anybody know of a mod for the short circuit version of laguna seca? I was trying out the new forza motorsport recently because it's free on game pass and I fell in love wit this version of the track, I didn't even know it existed until then. Can't find a good AC mod of it, though. I'd also love a short circuit version of Yas Marina if anyone knows where I can find one.

Hey Peter. This is great news ! I remember some time ago (years maybe,... yeah in 2022 ) we talked about this on discord, implementing fog and how to, back then I played/tried with smoke effects to make fog patches :lol:. I waited 2 years for this. It is quite nice for start! I liked the video. But what I was expecting with great enthusiasm didn't come yet. Specifically, you never feel that you enter the fog. Your visibility never changes, you dont get inside that fog and looking around its not there, the car ahead remains visible in the same amount, like this effect always goes fixed in front of the car but you never really get in it/go through it. I expect when going in a fog patch to loose some visibility depending on the density/size of that fog patch. That doesn't happen yet with this implementation. I hope there is a way to implement this better. But its a nice start !!! Cant wait to try it.
1712469893463.png

on and gained, if you like it denser:
1712469937348.png

Has anyone improved these ASR 1992 track ai's?

Hungaroring 1992 is unbelievably slow.

It's too bad as most of these tracks are amazingly done and converted. AI is perfect on them, not much crashing at all. Just slow, with a few exceptions.

Kyalami ai = ok, could be 2 second faster
Hermanos Rodriguez = 1-3 seconds too slow
Interlagos ai = superfast
Barcelona ai = superfast
Imola ai = 3-4 seconds too slow
Monaco ai = ok
Hungaroring = superslow
Magny Cours ai = ok, could be 1 sec. faster
Silverstone ai = ok, could be 1 sec. faster
Hockenheim = ok, could be 1 sec. faster
Spa ai = 3 seconds too slow
Monza ai = 2-3 seconds too slow
Estoril ai = Fast, very good
Suzuka ai = Fast, Very good
Adelaide ai = Very fast, Very good

Last edited:
Has anyone improved these ASR 1992 track ai's?

Hungaroring 1992 is unbelievably slow.

It's too bad as most of these tracks are amazingly done and converted. AI is perfect on them, not much crashing at all. Just slow, with a few exceptions.

Kyalami ai = ok, could be 2 second faster
Hermanos Rodriguez = 1-3 seconds too slow
Interlagos ai = superfast
Barcelona ai = superfast
Imola ai = 3-4 seconds too slow
Monaco ai = ok
Hungaroring = superslow
Magny Cours ai = ok, could be 1 sec. faster
Silverstone ai = ok, could be 1 sec. faster
Hockenheim = ok, could be 1 sec. faster
Spa ai = 3 seconds too slow
Monza ai = 2-3 seconds too slow
Estoril ai = Fast, very good
Suzuka ai = Fast, Very good
Adelaide ai = Very fast, Very good
New AI by Thockard

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this strange "blocky-shadows" on the gloves of the driver? I happens with a lot of cars (i think with all even i don't have time to check all of them). Never had it before on my old pc which have the same CSP version/same GPU and driver of the new one (the only thing changed are the settings inside CM because i preferred restart from scratch on the new PC).

As you saw it happens only when you turn the wheel fast, if you turn it slowly is not happening.

Thanks

Last edited:
Release BMW M1 Turbo Group 5 skins from Le Mans and FIA WSC for F302's M1
Thanks man, I was really looking forward to these. Loving the Grid conversions f302 did, but often not many skins were included, so this is a great addition.

Are there any more skins for this car? I have a total of three now.
I don't think so, but I hope in the future someone makes this #52 Wurth skin

iu

I've finally got my dream grid of GT1 cars,

View attachment 1344159
So i advertise to check out my little project here :D :

Does anyone know what could be the cause of this strange "blocky-shadows" on the gloves of the driver? I happens with a lot of cars (i think with all even i don't have time to check all of them). Never had it before on my old pc which have the same CSP version/same GPU and driver of the new one (the only thing changed are the settings inside CM because i preferred restart from scratch on the new PC).

As you saw it happens only when you turn the wheel fast, if you turn it slowly is not happening.

Thanks

I've reported this to Ilja in july 2023:

Video:

And the text:
This is what I found so far:
  • If I disable SMART SHADOW the effect is less server, but stil there.
  • If I turn down my AC>VIDEO>Shadow resolution to 1k, it's gone. (I normally play on 8k, but even with 4k the problem is very much still there)
  • If I go back to 180preview218 the problem is fixed.

I never have problems with CM/CSP or Pure for that matter. I did all the usual stuff, like rolling back, reinstalling, through CM / manually, nothing like that helped.

Answer:
Still waiting :P

I've reported this to Ilja in july 2023:

Video:

And the text:
This is what I found so far:
  • If I disable SMART SHADOW the effect is less server, but stil there.
  • If I turn down my AC>VIDEO>Shadow resolution to 1k, it's gone. (I normally play on 8k, but even with 4k the problem is very much still there)
  • If I go back to 180preview218 the problem is fixed.

I never have problems with CM/CSP or Pure for that matter. I did all the usual stuff, like rolling back, reinstalling, through CM / manually, nothing like that helped.

Answer:
Still waiting :P

Thanks man, i will lower the shadows meanwhile (i hope) ilja fixes this

Hi guys... New day, new problems...

I have installed both versions of the 2010 VW Golf from 101 Creative; the street version works great, but the AI of the track version keeps accelerating with the wheels turned but don't move, they stay stuck in place, neither from the pits on trackday, nor from the start on race, and on any track...

I think I remember that a similar problem was recently discussed, but I'm not able to find those messages, sorry if I repeat the topic... Any kind and patient soul who can enlighten me?

Last edited:
Hi guys... New day, new problems...

I have installed both versions of the 2010 VW Golf from 101 Creative; the street version works great, but the AI of the track version keeps accelerating with the wheels turned but don't move, they stay stuck in place, neither from the pits on trackday, nor from the start on race, and on any track...

I think I remember that a similar problem was recently discussed, but I'm not able to find those messages, sorry if I repeat the topic... Any kind and patient soul who can enlighten me?
ACTK has already made a corrected version :D

he continues to make LODs without simplygon ?? :boggled:

Last edited:
Sooooo... after some hours with the new CSP and LCS I must say..... Wow... The new lighting is so much more realistic and it's definitely a huge step in AC graphics. Okay... Pure and all my PPFs are screwed up (ATM) but I think it's worth the work. If anybody playing in HDR and needs a filter... I tweaked the original "neutral" filter a bit and it's looking good in my case. PM me if you want it. Cheers

shi
New AI by Thockard

Thanks man. Downloaded and installed them all. Will give them testing.

Has anyone improved Jacarepagua 1988? It has pretty sluggish ai. Varies between the cars though... but I would say it's at least 2 seconds too slow.

PS: Interlagos ASR 1992 ai is superfast. Man... I can barely qualify to top-6 on that track with ASR 1991 and ACFL 1994. Did you make it even faster?

Last edited:
Logbook. First meeting between me and the self_light script. I still have to perfect it.

EDIT: after adding it to the TVR I am now aware of the fact that I will include it everywhere, even on the smallest light LOL

Attachments

• Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-10-51.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-10-51.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-10-56.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-10-56.jpg
    95.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-11-0.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-11-0.jpg
    104.3 KB · Views: 8
  • Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-11-8.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-11-8.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-11-22.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-11-22.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 4
  • Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-11-44.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-11-44.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 3
  • Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-12-2.jpg
    Screenshot_bem_ford_gt_gt1_imola_7-3-124-20-12-2.jpg
    165.8 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_7-3-124-21-6-34.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_7-3-124-21-6-34.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 7
  • Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_7-3-124-21-5-23.jpg
    Screenshot_paddock_tvr_imola_7-3-124-21-5-23.jpg
    95 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Hi
Is there any way I can simulate mechanical failures in Assetto Corsa both for AI and player? I'm trying to replicate all F1 seasons race by race (now I'm focused on 1988 season) but as I race with these cars I feel the races feel "empty" without mechanical failures. Considering the teams that used to race those years (Coloni, Eurobrun, Larrouse, RIAL...)

It would also be brilliant if someone can edit the mod and give all cars real performances (as it is a mod from Scamdream)
Screenshot_f1_1988_rial_suzuka1988_7-3-124-21-45-26.jpg

Last edited:
Hi
Is there any way I can simulate mechanical failures in Assetto Corsa both for AI and player? I'm trying to replicate all F1 seasons race by race (now I'm focused on 1988 season) but as I race with these cars I feel the races feel "empty" without mechanical failures. Considering the teams that used to race those years (Coloni, Eurobrun, Larrouse, RIAL...)

It would also be brilliant if someone can edit the mod and give all cars real performances (as it is a mod from Scamdream)
https://www.patreon.com/posts/101886424?utm_campaign=postshare_fan&utm_source=android

All his apps are available for the lowest subscription. It works well, I have an A1GP mod I will release in a few days after some tweaking to the powerboost script and it literally blows it's engine in flames and smoke, AI then pull if the track. You need to switch off AI teleport back to pits though or you will never see them.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back