Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,418 comments
I have ran into a bit of a road block with Walt Disney world speedway. The ai files show up after I record them. But if I make them the ai files it seems that the ai line breaks. When. You load back in and open the ai tool the game doesn't show the lines and if your try to load a weekend it just crashes the game. Race it will load but the cars just sit in the grid. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?
be sure to drive at least 3 full laps, also verify proper name and location of timer blocks

Yes you can. Just export that mesh and use what you need in the extension.kn5 and hide the original in the skin ext_config.
I did this to the RSS 550 without touching the original model kn5.
View attachment 1364667
YO! The N-Technology's Ferrari 550 GT body! I've always wanted RSS to make different versions of their gt cars like that. Examples: Team XL Racing's Ferrari 550 GT, Wieth Racing 550 GTS or even ItalTecnica 550 Millennio.

Did some tests with this LCS thing and it is just breathtaking. I hope the next release of pure heads into the same direction. Currently I only use the default weather settings combined with live weather data.

View attachment 1364282

View attachment 1364283
View attachment 1364284

(Sorry for abusing this as the screenshot thread)
i did a little comparison for checking things. Maybe it will be interesting for you.

Note the LCS variant of the pure ppfilter is a little darker than the gamma variant. I try to get the overall composition and dynamic usage a little better. I worked many hours on the exposure control, which works a bit better than in gamma.

The glare amount with photorealism = 1.0 is already a bit lower to avoid this very present corona...

Last edited:
i did a little comparison for checking things. Maybe it will be interesting for you.

Note the LCS variant of the pure ppfilter is a little darker than the gamma variant. I try to get the overall composition and dynamic usage a little better. I worked many hours on the exposure control, which works a bit better than in gamma.

The glare amount with photorealism = 1.0 is already a bit lower to avoid this very present corona...

hi Peter, at risk of being a silly question : would it be possible to use Pure w LCS without using any PP filter?
(with PP effects on I tend to see quite a bit of application frame drops, without PP effects I do not have any application frame drops...
so I like to keep it off at all times. )

Also without PP effects could we get better visible brake lights (using the new Pure LCS ), is that possible? (maybe asking for something impossible here, idk... but impossible is just something that hasn't been done before! ;) )

Yes you can. Just export that mesh and use what you need in the extension.kn5 and hide the original in the skin ext_config.
View attachment 1364667
that is correct, someone did the same to the Kunos Audi R8 GT3. I might be wrong but I think it was @Chem_Flummi

the audi:

1718351773480.png

Last edited:
View attachment 1364667
The extension would still contain part of the original mod, parts that are obviously necessary but would end up being redistributed. I don't know if it can be done (assuming I understand correctly how it works) :boggled:

EDIT: in this case the wing is joined with the entire body of the car and with the mesh containing the splitter and diffuser. So in theory I should include mostly the entire bodywork

Last edited:
hi Peter, at risk of being a silly question : would it be possible to use Pure w LCS without using any PP filter?
(with PP effects on I tend to see quite a bit of application frame drops, without PP effects I do not have any application frame drops...
so I like to keep it off at all times. )

Also without PP effects could we get better visible brake lights (using the new Pure LCS ), is that possible? (maybe asking for something impossible here, idk... but impossible is just something that hasn't been done before! ;) )
Actually i did not dig into the PP off mode in pureLCS because its a mode without many features.

The AC render image is directly transfered to the GPU's VRAM and thats why it is so fast, BUT you don't have any chance to inject something like postprocessing.

And thats the answer to your question. No, you can't boost brakelights in PP off mode, because this is a postprocessing effect, which draws additional pixels arround very bright pixels -> Glare/Bloom. Thats why you see them better with PostProcessing.

In PP off you just have the mesh render and the quantization in the distance make pixels disappear and so you have those weak brakelights.

Also without PP you have no tonemapping and this is the most important thing in a video game, which tries to replicate the reality!
Your screen or whatever device you use has a limited and much smaller tonal dynamic and you need to adapt this. And so you need a non linear processing of your incoming world graphics (gamma and such). So you can see low tones much better.

PP off means gamma = 1.0 and this is too contrasty to display a 24h day cycle properly. It will always have too dark and too bright tones. So with PP off you need to lower all lights and then the picture looks boring. But anyway, sure i will still support it, but i don't know if this is already in with the first version of Pure LCS. It needs a serious integration in the wfx script, because exposure control is also Post Processing and to have it in PP off, you need to control the world lighting.

Good evening, I believe this will be the final version (ReWork) of the Mirage GR8 (1975/1976) and (1977) car.This time only part of the 3d model was used by
"ABSOLUTE LE MANS MODDING TEAM-GTR2"
Improvements to textures and adjustments to parts by "Aleroy".

MIRAGE GR8 ( 1975/1976 and 1977 )
no uppercase letters in folder names, which creates problems when saving stats in CM

Here's the 1988 F1 season with mandatory pitstops with heavily modified SD cars. I love how the VRC 2007 drives but not so much their 1988 car. That is way too oversteery and unstabile... so the SD car with mods is the best option. The physics underneath loathed SD are basically Kunos 98T which is still the best vintage F1 car (along with RSS 1990). 98T has the best tyre and road feel of all formula cars I've driven.

This is the season that Senna won (although Prost scored more points). Back then only the best 11 races were counted to the totals. It was also the first year of their heated (and sometimes dirty) rivalry which climaxed at Suzuka 1989 and 1990.

Fuel consumption / capacity, turbo, player images, pitstops and tyres have been modded. Sparks added. McLaren has more powerful engine as it was a superior car and I made slight changes to the individual cars. For example better teams have faster pitstop crews, etc. Because SD cars were hopeless and ai was uncompetitive on race tyres, again all other tyremodels besides the supersoft have been removed (just as I did with 82,83,84). That makes the cars very enjoyable to drive and very competitive.

Adjust the pitstop preset fuel amount before the race. All cars will pit at least once because the fuel capacity has been reduced.

Top AI level drivers:
Senna 100
Berger 96
Mansell 95 (this was a terrible season for Williams)
Alboreto 94
Piquet 94
Boutsen 94
Patrese 93
Nannini 93
Capelli 90 (Amazing season for him, 2 podiums)

Player is set to drive Alain Prost (easily adjustable from the champs files). Grid size is 22. The season should be challenging and very realistic (results wise). McLaren (Prost and Senna) won 15 of all 16 races in this season. All three rain races are there for the full Custom Shaders Patch owners. And of course all tracks are the legendary 1988 with the latest versions. Full Rainmaker quality. Top stuff.

This is my last one for now. Still waiting for 1985 and 1989 that I can release. I have an amazing 1985 cars that were sent to me privately. Just waiting for green light for that and 1989 and then all F1 seasons that I care for have been covered.

All seasons (and their corresponding files) here (1982, 1983, 1984, 1986, 1987, 1988, 1990, 1991, 1992, 1998, 2007)

All download links in the video description. PM me if you need anything.

And here's a bonus video. I recreated Senna vs Prost crash on Suzuka 1990. Pretty authentic looking, eh? :D

Last edited:
The extension would still contain part of the original mod, parts that are obviously necessary but would end up being redistributed. I don't know if it can be done (assuming I understand correctly how it works) :boggled:

EDIT: in this case the wing is joined with the entire body of the car and with the mesh containing the splitter and diffuser. So in theory I should include mostly the entire bodywork
Yes that is correct. That entire section will be in your extension.kn5 just split up and missing the original wing but containing your new wing. Obviously you will need the original RSS kn5 and not any recently updated encrypyted one to work with.

Yes that is correct. That entire section will be in your extension.kn5 just split up and missing the original wing but containing your new wing. Obviously you will need the original RSS kn5 and not any recently updated encrypyted one to work with.
Yes obviously is all for that of RSS. But having to change their work I don't think is possible, it's not like replacing something directly. Anyway thanks :D

Well that proves my theory that this game needs RAM more than anything else 🤣🤣🤣
exactly, i have i7, 2600 and 32 gig ram, and it runs terribly, cyberpunk 2077 runs 3 times as fast in fps for me. its just badly optimised, seems to run good on some machines, terrible on others.

Last edited:
YO! The N-Technology's Ferrari 550 GT body! I've always wanted RSS to make different versions of their gt cars like that. Examples: Team XL Racing's Ferrari 550 GT, Wieth Racing 550 GTS or even ItalTecnica 550 Millennio.
The Wieth version I haven't tried yet. It would be more of a challenge as the Weith car had different front lights etc.
As for the XL Racing GTN or GT2 car. There would be a fair amount of work to get it right and will need to be a complete new mod due to the physics differences. I have been toying around with this so far:
preview.jpg

Hmm, would be interesting to see an onboard video comparing pure lcs with pure gamma. I really have high hopes for that release in July. :) More or less, I only can judge by my own screenshots, but I never saw such an amazing quality in screenshots being taken with pure 0.270 (LCS fix enabled) than with default LCS.

See here please, did not find a setting neither correct filter to replicate this with pure yet.

1718362114913.png

F1 1998 - ROUND 16 - Suzuka v1.01

Screenshot_bmw_m3_e30_suzuka_1998_14-5-124-20-36-35.jpg

The Suzuka billboards in the F1 1992 Track Pack has been updated to the F1 1998 version.

-CSP recommended
-34 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
Original Track by carrera4

AC Converted by Rainmaker
Updated by DaBaeda and CrisT86

1998 Updated by @shi (shin956)
AI and sidelines by Thockard
RainFX by @KevinK2
logo.png and sections.ini by @Fanapryde
cam by @Gregz0r
City skyline by TheNuvolari
Animated flagmen by Alessandro Micali (ASR Formula) (Original by doublezero)
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
Test and Feedback by @Breathe

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Fixed the position of the starting grid. (Thanks T-Express for the report.)
-The number of Start/ Pit units has been increased to 34.
-Updated Fuji tv billboard texture.
-Updated s/f line texture.
-Re-created skidmarks.

Last edited:
no uppercase letters in folder names, which creates problems when saving stats in CM
It looks strange.

Because most of the cars I have (in mod packs) have lowercase letters.

Just yesterday I downloaded cars from other sites (with lowercase letters) and I don't have any problems.

The car statistics (lap times and other things...) are shown to me normally.

Wouldn't it be some configuration adjustment?What CSP are you using? Or also extended physics. (which sometimes gives me problems)?Did you install it manually or via CM?

Milbantos - v1.0

bgr_00.jpg

bgr_01.jpg

bgr_03.jpg

"Mills Metro Park meets Toban"

features:
  • 34 grid/pit
  • CSP GrassFx, LightingFX
  • AI, Cameras, the normal things
  • new textures

credits:
  • original track by @frasie, converted with permissions by @RMi_wood
  • physical road, extensive 3d work and trees by @pugsang
  • smoothing and texture tweaks by @shi
  • billboard graphics courtesy of @Masscot
  • beta testing by the above and @Breathe , @norms

:: DOWNLOAD ::

The data screen on the steering wheel for the new RSS 963 is blank, except for the pit speed warning when entering the pits. Fonts are installed. Anyone else having this problem?

EDIT: The screen is only blank on the ai cars... The user's car gets its data on screen when ignition is applied.

Last edited:
The data screen on the steering wheel for the new RSS 963 is blank, except for the pit speed warning when entering the pits. Fonts are installed. Anyone else having this problem?
Did you install M_17 skins ?
If the answer is yes, I suppose as for the Pageau 908, an extension files which is present and not necessary could cause the problem.

I didn’t get them but I remember the problem was solved doing that thing with the Pageau.

I’m currently at work so I can’t investigate more.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Hmm, would be interesting to see an onboard video comparing pure lcs with pure gamma. I really have high hopes for that release in July. :) More or less, I only can judge by my own screenshots, but I never saw such an amazing quality in screenshots being taken with pure 0.270 (LCS fix enabled) than with default LCS.

See here please, did not find a setting neither correct filter to replicate this with pure yet.

View attachment 1364795
Very nice!

Could you please share your settings? When I tested the default LCS all I saw was over-saturated and over-exposured mess.
It was so bad that I'm not gonna try fixing it by myself - basically it had nothing right. But now it looks like you've found settings that would work with it 👍

Last edited:
Milbantos - v1.0

View attachment 1364841
View attachment 1364846
View attachment 1364847

features:
  • 34 grid/pit
  • new textures

credits:

Side question, not related with the track (didn't had the time to try it yet) : Is it really worth it to use Sharemods ? Pecuniarily ?

I probably don't have the best/latest adblocker around, but it is still efficient enough everywhere. Mediafire or modsfire are not a problem at all, but to download a file on sharemods, it's click, 2 pop-ups, a forced dl of Opera.gx installer, re-click, wait 6s, re-click, new page, another pop-up, close new tab, re-click and finally it comes down. A bit of a pain.
If it's worth it for the ones who use it no prob, I wouldn't care even a 2min video ads, but if you don't gain even a decimal fraction of a penny... :yuck:

Side question, not related with the track (didn't had the time to try it yet) : Is it really worth it to use Sharemods ? Pecuniarily ?

I probably don't have the best/latest adblocker around, but it is still efficient enough everywhere. Mediafire or modsfire are not a problem at all, but to download a file on sharemods, it's click, 2 pop-ups, a forced dl of Opera.gx installer, re-click, wait 6s, re-click, new page, another pop-up, close new tab, re-click and finally it comes down. A bit of a pain.
If it's worth it for the ones who use it no prob, I wouldn't care even a 2min video ads, but if you don't gain even a decimal fraction of a penny... :yuck:
Ublock origin out of the box is more than fine. Every now and then some popup tries to open but the page is prevented from loading.

Just my 2cts, I use Sharemods all the time, haven't seen any ads in ages... :rolleyes:

Milbantos - v1.0

View attachment 1364841
View attachment 1364846
View attachment 1364847

features:
  • 34 grid/pit
  • new textures

credits:

Pictures look really good indeed. Thank you Sir!

The ads-related problems that many folks are experiencing are almost certainly related to Google changing the framework in which extensions are created. The new framework is called Manifest V3, replacing V2. It's a pretty controversial change, cos it specifically limits how an extension can change a web page, so, ad-blockers are square in its sights. Google IS an (s)(b)ad company, so...
The changes began to be phased in, beginning June. Chrome will DROP support for V2 extensions, Firefox will support both.
Choose your weapons, ladies and gentlemen :)

Tracks listing update

Red Bold
: news and updates (tracks) from 07/06/2024 --> TBA
Red : news and updates (add-ons) from 07/06/2024 --> TBA

Yellow Bold : news and updates (tracks) from 17/05/2024 --> 06/06/2024
Yellow : news and updates (add-ons) from 17/05/2024 --> 06/06/2024

Note to modders: more and more links are no longer available. I'm sharing them on my sharemods, but it goes without saying that if you provide me with a new “official” link, I'll make the change to your link.

As always, thanks to all the modders who amaze us every day.

Thank you guys

ACTL v3.2 by Breathe
I'm not liking this high contrast look. Any way of switching it off?

View attachment 1364795
its mostly the overall high fog in the default wfx which gives you more "depth", but actually idk why there should be always fog!
Also i needed to fix some bug in the wfx, because with the default fog settings you have a steady blue tint on everything. YOu can check this, just go to a dark place and there is a really present blue tint!

But if you like this fog effect you will again be possible to manipulate the fog paramters of the Pure LCS wfx.

this is default:
1718380993336.png

This is Pure LCS (same filter, same settings)
1718381039943.png

But if you like those always preset fog you can customize it:
1718381217127.png

and imo thats the whole mystery behind it. Fog covers problems and low quality visuals...

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back