Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 137,419 comments
Before my break I wanted to give you a gift. Since the 360 GTC is missing the wheels for the Modena version, here is an addon for the RSS Ferruccio GTN 36. The wheels are, as always, a rework of the GTR2 ones. In this case they are an extension with dedicated files for each LOD. In the zip there is only the extension folder where the .kn5 files are placed, a gimp xcf template for the diffuse and an empty cm skin as an example. If you want to include these rims in a skin just add the scripts inside the ext_config file of the skin you want to add them to. Manual installation recommended and no rss files are included. :D

PS: wheel blur isn't the best but it's better than loading the full mesh when isn't necessary.

https://mega.nz/file/iowQDQwI#PcbzS1oEU-wIgxV7MDqIbXcWpMBMIJja7ZN_BP679UA

Please don't reupload this addon elsewhere, the "rules" are the same as my releases. I thank those who helped me by explaining how swap via script works. :)

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_13-5-124-19-30-27.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_13-5-124-19-30-27.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 12
  • Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_13-5-124-19-30-21.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_13-5-124-19-30-21.jpg
    226.6 KB · Views: 11
  • Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_13-5-124-19-30-15.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_gtn_ferruccio_36_rmi_gtr2_spa2003_13-5-124-19-30-15.jpg
    212.9 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
I have the same issue. I have the clutch on my wheel; so I have to tap lightly on the gas and release the clutch slowly to get the car moving without maxing out the RPM. If you Max the RPM the car won't move. I think it is a bug. Hopefully RSS will release a hotfix to address it.
This sounds like the traction control bug that doesn't let the car accelerate properly unless you switch tc off. 🤷

Hi. Since last CSP version (0.1.80-preview346), when you put the AI to drive your car, the laptimes are not being counted anymore. I like to test AI and simulate races. Is there any way to disable this CSP feature?
Same problem here with newest CSP, any ideas?...

The RECOMMENDED is:
  • Requires a 64-bit processor and operating system
  • OS * : Windows 10 or 11 with latest Service Packs
  • Processor: Intel Core i5-9600 or AMD Ryzen 5 3600X
  • Memory: 16 GB RAM
  • Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 1070 8 GB or AMD Radeon RX 580 8 GB
  • DirectX: Version 11
  • Network: Broadband Internet Connection
  • Storage: 30 GB available space
  • Sound Card: DirectX Compatible
Basically I was just referring to the "pure driving experience
Not sure what is the "pure" driving experience, and how it would apply only to LMU, many SIM can simulate driving and racing. Some people like RF2/LMU FFB and physics (all the content??), but to me it is good, with obvious issues, like any other and as a package, I prefer AC and ACC simulation. In any case, the differences are not so big as to make one so much better, but so many features missing, as in LMU, is a real PITA.
Well that proves my theory that this game needs RAM more than anything else
LMU, or any other sim, should not need and does not as far I know, need so much RAM.

Last edited:
I think the curb on the outside of Tertre rouge of the sx_lemans track is more sunken than the level of the track, and when returning to the asphalt the car jumps, it should be almost flat in real life, can someone fix it?

Screenshot_lm_hypercar_m_hybrid_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-20-30-20.jpg

Screenshot_lm_hypercar_m_hybrid_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-20-30-51.jpg

Screenshot_lm_hypercar_m_hybrid_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-20-31-3.jpg

Screenshot_lm_hypercar_m_hybrid_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-20-31-24.jpg

Attachments

• Screenshot_lm_hypercar_m_hybrid_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-20-31-10.jpg
    Screenshot_lm_hypercar_m_hybrid_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-20-31-10.jpg
    110.3 KB · Views: 5
Not sure what is the "pure" driving experience, and how it would apply only to LMU
And i am not sure if your questions are for real or do you try getting on my nervs ? :D

Obviously with pure driving i mean the games physics and the FFB i feel with those cars on my wheel. So in this department i always saw rF2 in front of all other sims and LMU feels even bit nicer.

In ALL other aspects Assetto Corsa is the better game/sim/experience !

This sounds like the traction control bug that doesn't let the car accelerate properly unless you switch tc off. 🤷
I tried that too... TC---> OFF
No change...
With standard physics there's no issue.

EDIT: well, there is an issue with standard physics: enabled them and rev lights are gone...what a mess.
reverting to an earlier CSP didn't fix the clutch thing either.

Last edited:
Obviously with pure driving i mean the games physics and the FFB i feel with those cars on my wheel
Fair enough, good for you, enjoy that "pure" feeling.
To me, most content FFB in RF2 and also LMU, but less, feels like overdone, like a caricature.
It might be a DD thing. :D
Nothing is as close, to me , as AC to be simulating my real life experience of driving, even tough, it is still, lights years different.:)
All that said, I enjoy ACC, RF2, LMU, AMS2, PCars, Pcars2, LFS, R3E, GTR2, F120XX, so not just AC, but AC as more to offer, to me, than all the other together, including what I feel trough my wheel.:cheers:

Last edited:
View attachment 1360211

Introducing the CART 1990 season for Assetto Corsa!

The season saw Al Unser Jr take his first title and Arie Luyendyk win the fastest Indy 500 at the time, a record that stood for another 23 years!

Mod features:
  • 5 different chassis, 6 different engines with relevant powers.
  • 19 different chassis and engines configurations including oval and road course versions of each chassis.
  • All entries from every round of the series, a total of 88 skins. Many new skins added to the original rF1 mod.
  • Grid sets for each round of the championship, just select the grid and go!

Many thanks to rFactor Pure Formula ONE who were very kind to allow me to convert their 1990 CART mod to Assetto Corsa, and to G0D for allowing the use of his sounds and physics.

Mod Credits
Original rF2 mod by chiefWiggum
rF1 mod by rFactorPure, converted by BruceD.
Additional skins by BruceD.
Original physics and engine data by G0D, additional work by BruceD and PhilipK.
Sounds by G0D.

Installation:
Copy the race grids to your race grids folder in AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager\Presets\Race Grids.
Copy the cars folder to your AC content folder.

Mod available for free on my Patreon

View attachment 1360212

View attachment 1360213

View attachment 1360214
that's...alot of cart
Childhood car right there always raced this on toca RD

LMU, or any other sim, should not need and does not as far I know, need so much RAM.
It's just a trend I've picked up reading through comments in various discords and forums. I have 16gb and Le mans is a write off for me, all other tracks are smooth as silk. Similar things for others, doesn't seem to matter what graphics card they have, anything under 32gb and they seem to have issues. Could be just coincidence.

What I have realized is that it chows virtual memory like crazy. I was having a few memory issues then realized my C drive was on zero space left when I was playing and went straight back to 12gb of space when I exited the game. So I reconfigured my virtual memory to use a different SSD with more space and don't have half the issues I used to.

Fair enough, good for you, enjoy that "pure" feeling.
To me, most content FFB in RF2 and also LMU, but less, feels like overdone, like a caricature.
It might be a DD thing. :D
Nothing is as close, to me , as AC to be simulating my real life experience of driving, even tough, it is still, lights years different.:)
All that said, I enjoy ACC, RF2, LMU, AMS2, PCars, Pcars2, LFS, R3E, GTR2, F120XX, so not just AC, but AC as more to offer, to me, than all the other together, including what I feel trough my wheel.:cheers:
I do not care whatever race game, as long if I do have real old race cars & tracks in combination with VR. I do have ACC, AMs1 &2, Rfc2 and a few nonVR that came along with a sale bundle. A modern race sim like ACC and AMs2 do have so much better eye candy in VR, but al those modern cars and circuits, sorry not for me.

Before my break I wanted to give you a gift. Since the 360 GTC is missing the wheels for the Modena version, here is an addon for the RSS Ferruccio GTN 36. The wheels are, as always, a rework of the GTR2 ones. In this case they are an extension with dedicated files for each LOD. In the zip there is only the extension folder where the .kn5 files are placed, a gimp xcf template for the diffuse and an empty cm skin as an example. If you want to include these rims in a skin just add the scripts inside the ext_config file of the skin you want to add them to. Manual installation recommended and no rss files are included. :D

PS: wheel blur isn't the best but it's better than loading the full mesh when isn't necessary.

https://mega.nz/file/iowQDQwI#PcbzS1oEU-wIgxV7MDqIbXcWpMBMIJja7ZN_BP679UA

Please don't reupload this addon elsewhere, the "rules" are the same as my releases. I thank those who helped me by explaining how swap via script works. :)
Now i got to go trough all the liveries i have and see which ones had these wheels irl lol, Would it be possible to do front bumper and wing trough extensions to? gonna assume not as the 360 is most likely encrypted

Now i got to go trough all the liveries i have and see which ones had these wheels irl lol, Would it be possible to do front bumper and wing trough extensions to? gonna assume not as the 360 is most likely encrypted
can u maybe make a small .txt file with all livery which used these wheels so i can add these aswell?:D

If I remember correctly, the wing is part of a mesh in which other parts of the bodywork are present, so without doing anything invasively I don't think it's possible without doing some cutting and sewing :boggled:

If I remember correctly, the wing is part of a mesh in which other parts of the bodywork are present, so without doing anything invasively I don't think it's possible without doing some cutting and sewing :boggled:
Shame, Someone under the name 3DGas made the Modena variant, but the quality is a bit questionable a lot of mistakes on the 3D model compared to the RSS variant. Not sure how willing he'd be to have it edited etc.

can u maybe make a small .txt file with all livery which used these wheels so i can add these aswell?:D
I checked over all the skins i have and from the google searches i did, Not a single one uses the speedline that GT3Master did :irked:

So can't make an list xd

Last edited:
Shame, Someone under the name 3DGas made the Modena variant, but the quality is a bit questionable a lot of mistakes on the 3D model compared to the RSS variant. Not sure how willing he'd be to have it edited etc.
I could add the version you mention at the end, converting it from GTR2. Of course, mine will never be like RSS's for obvious reasons, but at least you can have both. What is certain is that at least now there is a minimal difference between a GTC and a Modena :D

The teams that used speedlines are Yellow Racing Team and Auto Palace Star Rent. You can find them here

Last edited:
missed a bit

just a quick fix on the wing/door edge for the BTCC seat leon, Many Wil not care or notice but for any one who has or does here is the updated link:

Good evening, I believe this will be the final version (ReWork) of the Mirage GR8 (1975/1976) and (1977) car.This time only part of the 3d model was used by
"ABSOLUTE LE MANS MODDING TEAM-GTR2"
Improvements to textures and adjustments to parts by "Aleroy".

MIRAGE GR8 ( 1975/1976 and 1977 )

Attachments

• preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 14
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 15
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    10.3 KB · Views: 15
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 16
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 15
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    13 KB · Views: 14
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 12
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 12
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    14.9 KB · Views: 12
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 12
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    77 KB · Views: 11
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    14.7 KB · Views: 10
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 10
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    26.8 KB · Views: 13
  • preview.jpg
    preview.jpg
    88.1 KB · Views: 10
  • livery.png
    livery.png
    24.8 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
I was updating previews for my custom championships when I noticed that every time I set a new screenshot as a preview of a created championship, it seems like CM creates "new custom championships" with no rounds and no cars. Now (don't know why) when I delete that random automatically created championships, it deletes the preview I set for a custom championship.

error.jpg

error2.jpg

I delete that "champ" not champ, then...
then.jpg

Last edited:
I was updating previews for my custom championships when I noticed that every time I set a new screenshot as a preview of a created championship, it seems like CM creates "new custom championships" with no rounds and no cars. Now (don't know why) when I delete that random automatically created championships, it deletes the preview I set for a custom championship.
I had this same issue. Definitely a bug with the latest version of CM, because it didnt happen with previous versions. But closing CM and opening it again "fixes" the issue (for me).

Yes you can. Just export that mesh and use what you need in the extension.kn5 and hide the original in the skin ext_config.
I did this to the RSS 550 without touching the original model kn5.
preview.jpg

View attachment 1364431

Ever since I upgraded CSP the little menu box has shrunk and now 'quit race' is hidden away lol, is there a way to fix that ?
I responded to a question about that a couple of weeks back:

If you prefer, you can turn off the 'New UI' settings in CM and go back to the old UI style.

I have ran into a bit of a road block with Walt Disney world speedway. The ai files show up after I record them. But if I make them the ai files it seems that the ai line breaks. When. You load back in and open the ai tool the game doesn't show the lines and if your try to load a weekend it just crashes the game. Race it will load but the cars just sit in the grid. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back