Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 134,047 comments
Like Rainmaker said. Normally you can't expect too much from the Gilles conversions, but there are some tgracks that stand out in the positive sense. In this case I find the Gilles as good (and easier on fps) than the Eko version.

Looking forward to that... :)
EKO is something HUGE in every sense. From the dimension in gigabyte of the whole package to the heavyness in game on the FPS side.

Love the new RSS mods dropped, don't love the fact that all of the mod makers have their own extended control apps now...
I believe the one VRC developed is intended to be used with any car including their own. It's available in the the built in CSP app shelf now. I wish RSS would've just used that instead but its not too big of a deal

You can tell that the body is from GTR2, idk if there is an actual decent 3D model around, But surely someone has made an standard 996 road model that you could possibly just slap the stuff on. idk a thing about 3d modeling so lol
Yes that can be done but who is going to make the 40+ skins that we have for this model.
The way that GT3Masters has described is the best to improve them but, as he will tell you, it is a lot of work.

I believe the one VRC developed is intended to be used with any car including their own. It's available in the the built in CSP app shelf now. I wish RSS would've just used that instead but its not too big of a deal
I wrote an SDK for it as well, and there are some mod teams/people that are going to utilize it in future releases. I was under the impression they were going to go with it for this release, but apparently I was mistaken.

Last edited:
Did some tests with this LCS thing and it is just breathtaking. I hope the next release of pure heads into the same direction. Currently I only use the default weather settings combined with live weather data.

View attachment 1364282

View attachment 1364283
View attachment 1364284

(Sorry for abusing this as the screenshot thread)
What LCS things? These screens truly look NEXT Next gen holy **** especially the shader on the paint of the cars reminds me of gran turismo, care to share CM/CSP settings?

Last edited:
Browsing the net I found this update of Legion's Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail.
It has great visual quality and many realistic skins in 4k (all of them i think):

Damn ! Reminds me that I never quite finished updating that car (also with 4096x6144 skins) lol

preview.jpg
preview.jpg
preview.jpg

preview.jpg

preview.jpg

Hi, yes there is in the description, if it's blocked I can ask him since I talk to him everyday
I thought that's where it would be, but weirdly there is no description when I open it in YouTube.

Edit: OK, tried it in MS Edge and the description is there.
One more reason to ditch Chrome, it seems.

Last edited:
Browsing the net I found this update of Legion's Mclaren F1 GTR Longtail.
It has great visual quality and many realistic skins in 4k (all of them i think):

Quick test but I'm pretty sure the updated version I've already got is subjectively 'better': reworked driver scale/position, animated sequential shifter and driver animation, better carbon fibre texture, cockpit light leaks sealed, metallic shaders...
This YouTube one doesn't even have a basic shifting animation?
The LCD MoTeC seems a little nicer though, but that's easily swapped.
Edit: my version also has LODs, the Taisen car does not.

Last edited:
For the new Pure release i want to build in a shadows settings optimization.

I tested a bit and i don't like the shadows handling in the new CSP versions with the automatic splits.

So i came to this settings and imo they are a good balance of quality and stable appearance:

Maybe you could test those and give some feedback?

1718269198033.png

If lower res cockpit shadows are ok for you, just try those interior settings. It will give you more quality in front of the car:
1718270485796.png

Shadows resolution is very subjective and depends mostly on the headroom with your GPU. Imo 3072 gives a good overall performance and still ok resulting resolution:

1718269282526.png

When driving, esp. with low sun, you should see very few shadows fluctuations then...

Last edited:

I tested a bit and i don't like the shadows handling in the new CSP versions with the automatic splits.

So i came to this settings and imo they are a good balance of quality and stable appearance:

View attachment 1364424

If lower res cockpit shadows are ok for you, just try those interior settings. It will give you more quality in front of the car:
View attachment 1364427

Shadows resolution is very subjective and depends mostly on the headroom with your GPU. Imo 3072 gives a good overall performance and still ok resulting resolution:

View attachment 1364425

When driving, esp. with low sun, you should see very few shadows fluctuations then...
I disabled automatic shadow splits right away as the first thing I noticed was that cars ahead of me would suddenly lose all of their shadows at quite a close distance. Close enough to be clearly visible, anyway.

Last edited:
Quick test but I'm pretty sure the updated version I've already got is subjectively 'better': reworked driver scale/position, animated sequential shifter and driver animation, better carbon fibre texture, cockpit light leaks sealed, metallic shaders...
This YouTube one doesn't even have a basic shifting animation?
The LCD MoTeC seems a little nicer though, but that's easily swapped.
Edit: my version also has LODs, the Taisen car does not.
For his defense he had no knowledge on modding and just wanted to make the car "lookable" to drive

RSS Porsche 963, worth the 3.99 pounds price. already a real livery on overtake, real tyres, real ui names. No need for Le Mans ultimate with the great hypercar mods on Assetto. Pyver track extensions make Le Mans track look fantastic. CSP with LCS makes everything look better. happy days.

Attachments

• Screenshot_rss_mph_protech_p96_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-17-59-51.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_mph_protech_p96_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-17-59-51.jpg
    166.8 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_rss_mph_protech_p96_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-17-59-25.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_mph_protech_p96_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-17-59-25.jpg
    184.9 KB · Views: 6
  • Screenshot_rss_mph_protech_p96_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-17-55-48.jpg
    Screenshot_rss_mph_protech_p96_v8_sx_lemans_13-5-124-17-55-48.jpg
    210.9 KB · Views: 6
Hi guys!
I mean...the car looks great just like this but...what happened to the front wing? Why doesn´t it show? It shows in showroom and preview. The mod is the ACFL F2 2024.
Hi Pedro,
I happen to have the same mod and frontwing does show with me. Reinstalling does not help?

View attachment 1364424

View attachment 1364427

View attachment 1364425

Thanks Peter, giving it a try right now ;)

i have this also from Grid Legends

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Release This Weekend
all Skins add
View attachment 1364275View attachment 1364276View attachment 1364277View attachment 1364278View attachment 1364279
Very, very nice. One of the best seasons of touring cars in history, that 1996 ITC season. Will you be BOPing this one to the existing Calibra from RaceDepartment and Alfa from FVandelli? If I remember correctly, the Alfa and the Calibra were 4x4 and therefore more stable in corners, and the Merc was RWD and was compensating the lack of stability with better straightline speed.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back