Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,945 comments
Hope you will continue with this one. For v0.1 already very likable (with altered data.acd).
Some further refinement on the carbody? Internally it seems white (at opening exhaust for instance)?
Maybe changing the cam view (F1) a bit so that the view has a bit more FOV? Bit more helmet vissible and frontal nosepart (blocked by the HALO) visible? I keep following your updates. Thanks!
Don't expect RSS-VRC quality. It's an amateur job and there might be flaws. The cam view can be changed through Onboard POV Editor, but i'll note that. 'Bit more helmet vissible and frontal nosepart (blocked by the HALO) visible?' I don't know what you mean here, can you explain?

Hi guys!
I mean...the car looks great just like this but...what happened to the front wing? Why doesn´t it show? It shows in showroom and preview. The mod is the ACFL F2 2024.

Attachments

• Screenshot_acfl_f2_2024_ks_nordschleife_12-5-124-12-4-7.jpg
    Screenshot_acfl_f2_2024_ks_nordschleife_12-5-124-12-4-7.jpg
    175.5 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:
Don't expect RSS-VRC quality. It's an amateur job and there might be flaws. The cam view can be changed through Onboard POV Editor, but i'll note that. 'Bit more helmet vissible and frontal nosepart (blocked by the HALO) visible?' I don't know what you mean here, can you explain?
RSS, VRC quality is not needed, it looks good already!
You probably know too, an esthetically perfect mod with flawed physics is less good than a mod with good physics and some flaws in esthetics.

Below is footage from attached YT link, seems F6 cam to me.
F6 cam makes for closer FOV, whereas with F1 cam the perspective is somewhat 'extended?" More FOV.
Would be nice to see just the tip of the nose from F1 cam. However, when not possible, no harm done, I just take as is then.

Schermafbeelding 2024-06-12 133910.jpg

BTCC VOLVO 850 ESTATE SKINS

All i have done is finish these skins off and do the windows so they are more accurate to real life and added the varients

many will not have this car as it is behind a patreon paywall over at FSR. They have "re-worked" this car and it now is ALOT better imo. Physics are from VRC (or at least partly) as is the sound you make of that what you will, They have done a fair bit to this graphically aswell

i am posting this for anyone who might happen to have this car. It will also bring awareness to it if nothing else as its pretty cool and nice to see an old mod be re-done for 2024.

Screenshot (593).png

Screenshot (594).png

RSS, VRC quality is not needed, it looks good already!
You probably know too, an esthetically perfect mod with flawed physics is less good than a mod with good physics and some flaws in esthetics.

Below is footage from attached YT link, seems F6 cam to me.
F6 cam makes for closer FOV, whereas with F1 cam the perspective is somewhat 'extended?" More FOV.
Would be nice to see just the tip of the nose from F1 cam. However, when not possible, no harm done, I just take as is then.

View attachment 1364125

I made the car from 0 with only the public renders as reference. There are no orthonormal perspective renders (only side photos with low FOV) so the bodywork car might not be 1:1 (it is 3.4m wheelbased in-game), but it's something close of that. Sadly there's no crystal ball that can show us how the onboards will look in 2026.

1718196704746.png

For you to see the tip of the nose from the T-Cam onboard I should put the cam angle where the red point is, which is too high and not realistic.

Well here is the 1982 F1 Assetto Corsa season. With mandatory pitstops. The races are from 15 laps (Hockenheimring) to 25 laps (Paul Ricard) to 30 laps (Long Beach).

Racing time varies from 25 to 35 minutes.

I experimented with this for over a year. The problem with this season is that Brabham, Ferrari, Renault and Toleman used turbo engines and the rest of the grid did not. And of course the vanilla SimDream cars aren't competitive at all. You could drive circles around them if they were using the race tyres.

Keke Rosberg won the title with 150-200 hp undepowered non-Turbo Williams FW08. He won the title by consistency while the much faster turbo cars suffered from huge reliability issues. Williams was only competitive on the street circuits, Dijon and surprisingly also on Oesterreichring where De Angelis and Rosberg had one of the most unforgettable race endings. Player still has a good chance to win at Monaco, Long Beach, Detroit and Caesar's Palace because turbos can't use their top speed advantage. On other tracks you have to rely that ai will pit twice and make a perfect race and collect odd points. You can win Jacarepagua, Long Beach and maybe Kyalami too with perfect race (just avoid crashing as the ai does a lot of that) but at Imola the turbos start to take over.

First I created ai engine failures by increasing turbo damage which led to huge amount of DNF's. More about that here:

Well that made it more realistic. However... the cars' engines failed in the middle of the track. That created huge issues on tracks like Kyalami and Detroit as the other ai cars created a traffic jam in the DNF spots. AC and SD ai doesn't respond these technical DNF's well at all.

So... I gave up on the idea and decided that Williams FW08 (because it's so much slower) has to have some kind of advantage and that comes in the form of better fuel economy. Williams and McLaren (and other top Cosworth cars now have bigger starting fuel and bigger tanks).

The ai cars will have to pit twice at some races whereas you can drive the whole race through with just one pitstop. Brabham, Renault, Ferrari WILL overtake you on fast circuits and there's nothing you can do about it. But you can compensate this with race tactics. For example in Imola, Kyalami and Monza the top turbo cars are 2.5-3 seconds faster in the qualifying even if you execute a perfect lap. That's how it should be and that's what I have achieved with these settings.

Turbos have boost at 2.4-2.3 (Ferrari, Renault, Brabham) and the user car (Williams) has it at 2.0. Lesser cars 1.7-1.9. No cockpit adjustable anything.

SimDreams cars... well... they're bit of a train wreck. They still crash on Kyalami, Long Beach and Zolder occasionally but this whole season was a train wreck (it took the lives of Ricardo Paletti and Gilles Villeneuve and Pironi suffered a career ending injury) so I don't know if it's that big of a deal. Can't use the vintage Sandev/Zandvoort track at all because as everyone knows by now that SD cars create a complete mayhem there. However they perform very well on the 1988 circuits. No issues. But with this uncertainty you get much more surprising winners as the ai cars actually crash and have DNF's.

There were 10 different winners in the real 1982 season. And huge amount of DNF's. We can't duplicate that with AC (read above) but this is the best we can do to have at least remotely realistic 1982 year.

It's bit of a fantasy season in the sense that Villeneuve only completed 4 races and died on Zolder. Pironi's injury happened in the later part of the season at Hockenheim and he missed the last 4 races. Patrick Tambay replaced Gilles and did well... but I thought those two legendary Ferrari drivers should be included in this season. As people can now rewrite the history and make them champions. LOL.

All other tyremodels (besides supersoft) have been removed. That made the SD cars very competitive. I repeat: You have no chance against the turbo cars on the straights. Also the pitstop crew has been made slower so that the refueling and tyre change takes 10-15 seconds (depending on the team). I also fixed all driver numbers and menu pictures.

Player set for Williams / Rosberg. Should be very challenging season even for the good sim racers.

Top driver skills:
Prost (Renault) 100
Piquet (Brabham) 100
Pironi (Ferrari) 99
Villeneuve (Ferrari) 98
Watson 98 McLaren (as he beat Lauda in this season)
Lauda (McLaren) 97
De Angelis (Lotus) 94
Arnoux (Renault) 93

Individual differences in the car performance too (like pitstop times, etc.) Ferrari is the fastest car, followed by Renault and Brabham. McLaren and Williams are the top performing Cosworth cars with bigger fuel capacity.

The season was bit of a soap opera and the craziest F1 track ever (Caesars Palace, which was built on a parking lot) was a suitable ending race for this crazy F1 year.

All download links again in the video description. Enjoy.

Last edited:
WTCC SEAT LEON SKINS

cm drag and drop

you must use the kn5 i have provided otherwise you will have no window stickers and the shader values will not be anywhere near correct.

thanks to low-life for the window mapping over on the discord

This car has been locked behind a paywall in a beta stage for a year now so for that reason alot may not have this car. This version is the one by 101creative it had no skins at all so i decided to change that

there is no reflection on this car so the skins are matte, the black skin did not come out too well but it's serviceable all the rest look fine. The body is slightly different, team that with some bad uv mapping you will get something close but not 100%

4k only

Screenshot (595).png

Screenshot (596).png

Screenshot (597).png

Screenshot (598).png

Last edited:
Hi all - how can i adjust (decrease) the emitted front lights of the ng_vantage_gt3_2019 and amr_v8_vantage_gt3_acc (endurance)? I tried unsuccessful to change the values with ext_config.inis and CM showrooms (including object inspector).

Thanks in advance for any help!

Last edited:
Driving at night, cars behind illuminate my car interior too much. I barely can see the road. What's the setting related to this? Using Sol again.

The Porsche 963 is out!
requires CSP3044, just in case.

The Porsche 963 is out!
One more thing..!

Version 3 for MP-H Bayer Hybrid V8 - 12/06/2024

Changelog
* Clean installation recommended - Installation instructions contained in the Read Me file

Physics:
• CSP physics development including mutiple new control adjustments
• Modification to aero balance controls
• Fine tuned tyre parameters
• Improved AI behaviour
• Improved auto clutch mechanism
• Driver model updated to our new 2024 driver

Graphics and Model
• General configuration updates to enhance the visual appearance of the car
• New racing series visual details

Sounds
• Updated and improved sounds

Additional
• New .lua display added for the CSP version of the car

Cheers.

Last edited:
At 35% I can't see the road with rain.
headsets/monitors will be different... find your sweet spot somewhere in between lights too bright and rain too dark, I rarely drive at night with rain, I suppose it depends on exposure setting also, settings-assetto corsa-misc I'm at 120%

BTCC VOLVO 850 ESTATE SKINS

All i have done is finish these skins off and do the windows so they are more accurate to real life and added the varients

many will not have this car as it is behind a patreon paywall over at FSR. They have "re-worked" this car and it now is ALOT better imo. Physics are from VRC (or at least partly) as is the sound you make of that what you will, They have done a fair bit to this graphically aswell

i am posting this for anyone who might happen to have this car. It will also bring awareness to it if nothing else as its pretty cool and nice to see an old mod be re-done for 2024.

View attachment 1364135
View attachment 1364136
i have this also from Grid Legends

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Release This Weekend
all Skins add
Screenshot_f302_c_klasse_dtm95_ks_red_bull_ring_12-5-124-23-8-47.jpg
Screenshot_f302_c_klasse_dtm95_ks_red_bull_ring_12-5-124-23-8-12.jpg
Screenshot_f302_c_klasse_dtm95_ks_red_bull_ring_12-5-124-23-8-9.jpg
Screenshot_f302_c_klasse_dtm95_ks_red_bull_ring_12-5-124-23-8-4.jpg
Screenshot_f302_c_klasse_dtm95_ks_red_bull_ring_12-5-124-23-8-38.jpg

Is there another "Phoenix '90" NOT Eko-Sim Racing?
Like Rainmaker said. Normally you can't expect too much from the Gilles conversions, but there are some tracks that stand out in the positive sense. In this case I find the Gilles as good (and easier on fps) than the Eko version.
Yes one from Gilles75 I'm working on.
Looking forward to that... :)

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back