Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter Paiky
  • 133,842 comments
Random: I have to say it... I've been tweaking the settings on that haptic pad my wife bought me. Just finished a race with the RSS GTR 2 cars and I think I undid my vasectomy...

On topic: @shin , I didn't know you were the one that did the ASR 1992 tracks. Absolutely amazing; the level of consistent quality of all those ASR 1992 tracks. You don't happen to have a spreadsheet of all the tracks you've done? I want to make sure I'm not missing any of them.

I know everyone prefers the sx_lemans track and rightfully so, but for whatever reason, I always spend more time on the lemans_2017 track from Tiago Lima/Jim Lloyd/Terra21. It's not without it's issues though so I spent some time this weekend going over some things and creating a few track skins for the track. If you want to try this mod, it's best to make a backup of your extension folder first because I altered the original config.

Lemans_2017 mod

Stuff I did:

-- Track skins and shader changes to make the track fit my ppfilter better and look the way I prefer. Anything I changed is in the 'Shader Stuff' section of the config and can be adjusted to fit your preference. If you want to use the track skins, the Trees skin will make the trees darker and enable whichever Grass skin you prefer.
-- Some cull mode adjustments for objects that would disappear from certain angles. If anyone spots any I missed, please let me know.
-- Corrected missing shadows on some trees and bushes.
-- Shader type changes to the power lines and applied the @Masscot cable fix.
-- Added seasonal changes for fall and winter races.
-- Altered the light settings to come on when it rains.
-- Restored the start lights and added live displays to the Rolex board.
-- Probably some other stuff I can't remember.

View attachment 1365773
Link updated yet again with new version to include live time and lap number displays on the Rolex board. The time is kind of useless because you can't read it going by at full speed. There is no temp or wind speed display because I still can't find out if it's possible so that part of the board is black. By default, the lap number displays two numbers. If you would prefer 3, rename the ext_config_3lap.ini file to ext_config.ini.

Same as earlier today, if you already have the mod, no need to download it again. Just download the attached zip file, extract the files and overwrite when it asks.

Should be the last update unless I figure out how to add the temp and windspeed and\or add working hour and minute hands to the clock.

Attachments

• lemans_2017_start_lights_displays.zip
    388 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Link updated with a new version to include working start lights. If you already downloaded the mod, there is no need to download it again. Just download the attached zip file, extract it and overwrite anything it asks.

I'm also going to try and do something with the Rolex information board to give it live information. I already know how to add a script to display the lap number and time of day on the board. I just need to find out if it's possible to use a script to display the temperature and wind speed to match what's on the board now.
Should I tick every skin you added? Or choose just one each time?

There was someone on Facebook which I chatted with long ago where he made a complete 3D model of it (with its engine included!) mainly for 3D printing it, I asked him if he could give it to me since I wanted to convert it to AC so badly, he told me that he still had a few things to work on, then after a long time I asked him progress on it and told me that it didn't turn out that well like decimate its bodywork and rework other things. Then there was another italian modeler called Lorenzo Prati who also made a 3D model of it, however it remains private to this day and I thought it looked less accurate than Giovanni's one which I have pics of it from Messenger.

View attachment 1187150View attachment 1187151View attachment 1187152View attachment 1187149

Regardless, that's another car I saw in person inside Alfa's Museum in Arese, Milan in their vault full of one-offs, prototypes and concepts like the SE048 SP, not sure if you're considering to model that one as well in the future of perhaps you want that model from him if you happen to have Facebook that is.
I'm new to posting on GTPlanet, and if anyone hasn't already asked, did anything further come of this?

I've looked around the Web and so far all the Alfa Romeo 164 models I've come across so far don't have a detailed interior. And none of the major car racing game franchises have any plans yet for including the 164.

Yet another thing hopefully hasn't been done yet:

View attachment 966619

Grass FX and new trees for AVUS by Legion. Going for a bit more "forested" and natural look.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/dzfhovstdea0cz1/avus.rar/file

EDIT. Link to original track:

link down, has someone maybe another link and can share it with us all again?

I've reworked his port with all the skins existing from 82 to 86 (some made looking at 300x500 pictures on racingsportscars lmao), glass textures not bleeding through and aero parts hidden with alpha testing trick, want me to share it with you ? It's 6 cars (3 LH, 3 KH)
can u share it with us all?^^

RELEASE

__custom_showroom_1718667109.jpg

Last edited:
Link updated yet again with new version to include live time and lap number displays on the Rolex board. The time is kind of useless because you can't read it going by at full speed. There is no temp or wind speed display because I still can't find out if it's possible so that part of the board is black. By default, the lap number displays two numbers. If you would prefer 3, rename the ext_config_3lap.ini file to ext_config.ini.

Same as earlier today, if you already have the mod, no need to download it again. Just download the attached zip file, extract the files and overwrite when it asks.

Should be the last update unless I figure out how to add the temp and windspeed and\or add working hour and minute hands to the clock.
Not sure about how to get wind speed but I think this will get the temperature "ext_getAirTemperature"

Random: I have to say it... I've been tweaking the settings on that haptic pad my wife bought me. Just finished a race with the RSS GTR 2 cars and I think I undid my vasectomy...

On topic: @shin , I didn't know you were the one that did the ASR 1992 tracks. Absolutely amazing; the level of consistent quality of all those ASR 1992 tracks. You don't happen to have a spreadsheet of all the tracks you've done? I want to make sure I'm not missing any of them.
I have exactly 150 tracks with his name attached to. What a machine!

Thanks @shi !

I am still learning and want to improve my skills.....:D
anyone knows how to get the highbeam "sign" brighter?

it´s much darker than the hazard arrows although they use the same settings in ext_config

20240620-110315-db_diepholz_dtm-polo6n.jpg

Sorry for the necro, but I've got a custom championship that needs the 1930's Avus and I'm hoping this skin will make it more palatable, but the link is dead. Does anyone have this Avus skin?

link down, has someone maybe another link and can share it with us all again?

can u share it with us all?^^
Delete the .txt extension

Attachments

• avus - GrassFX & Trees by TaistoTurri.7z.txt
    4.4 MB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Should I tick every skin you added? Or choose just one each time?
Only enable one grass skin at a time. The trees skin is optional. I prefer it because it makes the trees darker and greener, but the trees will look fine without it enabled. I explained all of this in my mod announcement, but I guess no one reads that stuff.

I just started the CM and noticed an update (version 0.99) of Guerilla's M3 GTR. I don't remember if this problem already existed before but I don't have any shadow under the car. Can anyone confirm? There isn't even a changelog on their patreon :boggled:

1718884020636.png

shi
Atlantic Motorsport Park v1.02
Atlantic Motorsport Park (AMP) is an all-purpose motorsports facility located near Shubenacadie, Nova Scotia. The 11-turn road course was opened in August, 1974, and is situated on a 116.56-hectare (1.2 km2) site. (Wikipedia)
Conversion from GTL.

View attachment 1300260
-CSP recommended
-24 pit/start
-AI, cam

Credits & Thanks;
GTL Original Track by maeckie
-Thank you for giving me permission

AC Converted by @shi (shin956)
JPS billboard texture by @Breathe
logo.png and sections file by @Fanapryde
Crowds texture by @Kniker97
marshall and some textures by kunos
Test and Feedback by @Masscot , @Breathe , @macko68

Download (mediafire)

Enjoy.

;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
v1.01 changelog;

-Fixed a problem with floating visual road surfaces in pit lane.
-The number of pit/start was increased to 24.

v1.02 changelog;

-Re-created fast_lane.ai.
-Added ai_hints.ini.
-Fixed semaphore.ini.

Atlantic Motorsport Park v1.02
The link is in the quote.

v1.02 changelog;
-Re-created fast_lane.ai.
-Added ai_hints.ini.
-Fixed semaphore.ini.

Check out my Patreon. All the Tracks I have released are posted there.
I have exactly 150 tracks with his name attached to. What a machine!

Thanks @shi !
Thank you!
I have been working hard lately. ;)

UPDATE AMG Mercedes-Benz C-Class 1995

New Update 1.2
---------------------------------------------------------
new steer and shift animation by Masscot (thx)
better LOD´s
new aero (based on Kunos Alfa 155 Ti V6)
fixed Skin Number 23 B.Mayländer

Last edited:
Here are F1 1989 cars. Nice attempt. They drive a lot like ASR 1991.

I tried to create a season with these cars but couldn't get McLaren ai cars to perform properly even at ai 100. No idea what's wrong as they're constantly 2-3 seconds off the pace. Very oversteery, very slippery with smaller rear wing and with bigger wing at Imola couldn't get them go over 296 at longer straights.

But they drive quite well, nice steering input and great sounds. Thanks to Mankenfloux. A lot of potential with these.

I know everyone prefers the sx_lemans track and rightfully so, but for whatever reason, I always spend more time on the lemans_2017 track from Tiago Lima/Jim Lloyd/Terra21. It's not without it's issues though so I spent some time this weekend going over some things and creating a few track skins for the track. If you want to try this mod, it's best to make a backup of your extension folder first because I altered the original config.

Lemans_2017 mod

Stuff I did:

-- Track skins and shader changes to make the track fit my ppfilter better and look the way I prefer. Anything I changed is in the 'Shader Stuff' section of the config and can be adjusted to fit your preference. If you want to use the track skins, the Trees skin will make the trees darker and enable whichever Grass skin you prefer.
-- Some cull mode adjustments for objects that would disappear from certain angles. If anyone spots any I missed, please let me know.
-- Corrected missing shadows on some trees and bushes.
-- Shader type changes to the power lines and applied the @Masscot cable fix.
-- Added seasonal changes for fall and winter races.
-- Altered the light settings to come on when it rains.
-- Restored the start lights and added live displays to the Rolex board.
-- Probably some other stuff I can't remember.

View attachment 1365773

Hello, I did 3d trees for this one

1718899881249.png

1718899902217.jpeg

Delete the .txt extension
Guys, use my attached skin IN ADDITION to the one Breathe posted. Activate mine AFTER activating the "avus - GrassFX & Trees by TaistoTurri" one. (click on Breathe's quote to download TaistoTurri's skin.)

My skin just uses one of the existing-tree wall textures to replace the original tree wall. I think it looks more natural with this texture. (Again, use BOTH skins; activate mine last).

Attachments

• TED EDiTS Skin for Avus 1937.zip
    214.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
I just started the CM and noticed an update (version 0.99) of Guerilla's M3 GTR. I don't remember if this problem already existed before but I don't have any shadow under the car. Can anyone confirm? There isn't even a changelog on their patreon :boggled:

View attachment 1366374
1718905182882.png

I also have the same problem with the latest update. And the problem of rain entering the passenger compartment has not yet been resolved

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back