Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,902 comments
some minor issues left
nQoFbw1XFEA.jpg
g8dmVLHSTro.jpg

I need some help.

CM seems to be having a weird issue. I lost all functions with being able to adjust the seat......either forward , reverse , side to side.....but the weird part is , the FOV works , BUT.........when I back it out a long way , there is no steering wheel in any of my cars.

I'm basically dead in the water here. I have an older version of CM running , should I upgrade to a newer , stable version , or is there a way to check the integrity of the version I have?

This is the version I'm running : 0.8.1976.36095

I need some help.

CM seems to be having a weird issue. I lost all functions with being able to adjust the seat......either forward , reverse , side to side.....but the weird part is , the FOV works , BUT.........when I back it out a long way , there is no steering wheel in any of my cars.

I'm basically dead in the water here. I have an older version of CM running , should I upgrade to a newer , stable version , or is there a way to check the integrity of the version I have?

yeah probably should update 👍

Thanks I'll try that because it doesn't seem like you can remove the number 65 from the skin

View attachment 840748
There are often several places with skins to a car - often part of the general skin items are saved within the KN5 file (to access those you can use Content Manager, use the custom showroom, mark the item, export the relevant texture file, ...).
Most skin related items are placed in teh individual car skin folders (to access them simply right click on the skin preview icon in CM and choose folder to jump directly into the exact folder for that particular skin or of course navigate there manually in the explorer).

The skin file you want to edit that holds the cars number sticker on the door is"Skin_00.dds" within the actual car skin folder (14_carrera_brown).

;-)

I need some help.

It is always best to make sure to be on the latest recommended CM version (or as many do - myself included) be on the latest beta version (thus far since starting to use CM years ago I have had not a single occasion where being on the current CM beta has bitten me).

Should you still have these issues as described only three things come to mind:
1) Steam file integrity check
2) delete AC document folder (backup first always and then revert file by file to your old saved data)
3) delete CM folder at this path:

C:\Users\YOUR_USER_NAME_HERE\AppData\Local\AcTools Content Manager

(backup first always and then revert file by file to your old saved data)

Going about to delete (and therefore enforcing a complete folder rebuild) should be done with caution and observing carefully what you are doing - you do not want to use any of your important data.
If I have to do such a rebuild, I ALWAYS archive the old (corrupted?) folder with all of its data first.
Then I rebuild usually folder by folder / file by file if necessary until all of my settings and data are restored and functionality is returned to were I want it.

It is always easiest to do this should you run into issues if you are in a current release as it is far easier to recover to a current build than having to dig around to find old proper builds and files and troubleshoot outdated software.

Ummm... hey Clubber, you might be in a different cockpit view (F1) you know, the one that doesnt allow you to adjust the seat but you can FOV to your hearts content. :D :lol: :lol:

Oh God!! That was totally it! I'm such a dumbass! Thanks man , I was worried something seriously went wrong and had no idea how to fix it. Works like a charm!

@menos........Thank you for that awesome advice there. I am way behind on my versions I think , and just never messed with upgrading. I'm stubborn when it comes to messing with something , when it's working perfectly fine. I honestly don't even know how to upgrade to a newer " stable " version. I have the full , paid for version , but not sure what to do. I know my shader patch is waayy old! I installed both CM and the Shader's patch back in the middle of April , and haven't messed with them again.

Another R3Spec Car. :)View attachment 841015
EDIT: For those people who wait for the FXXK EVO, is still in progress. Now the car is in gladbacker82 hand, and he will do some improvements, but now gladbacker82 are in rest mode "I guess?" anyway, the car is in good shape (kinda), but it will release soon as gladbacker82 and more ready to umm, editing I guess? alright then. I hope all of you wait patiently, thanks if you read this. :gtpflag: good luck and have a nice day GTPlanet Modding Team.
:)
yes i have the FXX K Evo now. lets see how it goes

I'm geting this problem with the Cadillac DPi:
Gzn2PQc

In update preview options doesn't appears an option to hide blurred rims, what can I do?

Fanapryde posted the fix last time, in showroom under car params, you click blurred rims twice so it should be normal, then you scroll down and click update model, this fixes it.

but i also have this now fixed, and should be for everyone when i update the car brake lights and some more skins polish,
there will be 4 more variants of skins for Whelen Engineering, Konica Minolta, Mustang Sampling and Juncos, which already had the Daytona skins and now get Road America/Watkins Glen edits.

new livery pics for the Daytona skins.
livery.png

Advice needed..........

What program do you guys think is the easiest way to make skins for a car? Basically my most favorite car in AC , has one skin and that's it. I thought maybe I would try to do some extra skins for it this winter while I'm bored.

I've found these references very helpful to get started:

Skin Modding FAQ
http://www.assettocorsa.net/forum/index.php?threads/skin-modding-faq.4369/

A Guide to Skin Modding (skin tutorial by Bailey Way)
http://www.drivingitalia.net/index....-to-skin-modding-skin-tutorial-by-bailey-way/

Car skins for Assetto Corsa
http://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/categories/ac-skins.7/

As I was already a Gimp user, it was the natural choice. But I needed to download the DDS, that I never used before.

From F3 Classic Tracks
https://www.f3classictracks.com/

Hockenheim Update for Assetto Corsa

uj0KWT94Tn.jpeg

JlNna2Z3Mo.jpeg

Hockenheim is one of classic circuits of all time, it was born back on 30's
and had been hosting all kind of racing since then. This is the mid/late 60's version of track, when motodrom area was build and racing direction change. This is the non-chicane layout, where Jim Clark get kill back on 1968. After this incident 2 chicanes were built.
This pack also includes the national layout, used by DTM back on 90's.
This is FREE track and you dont need to pay for this, if you want to contribute to my work please buy some of the others track, like Silkeborg or Djursland.
Enjoy it :)

https://sellfy.com/p/fqKN/

I can highly recommend Djursland too. It's a so much fun little track with crazy elevation changes. Worth every (not so much) penny.

Another R3Spec Car. :)View attachment 841015
EDIT: For those people who wait for the FXXK EVO, is still in progress. Now the car is in gladbacker82 hand, and he will do some improvements, but now gladbacker82 are in rest mode "I guess?" anyway, the car is in good shape (kinda), but it will release soon as gladbacker82 and more ready to umm, editing I guess? alright then. I hope all of you wait patiently, thanks if you read this. :gtpflag: good luck and have a nice day GTPlanet Modding Team.
Daamn is that a 370Z GT4?

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back