Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,778 comments
Just being curious about Simdream are you judging the old car mods, illegal downloaded new mods, or still buying them from the Simdream store. Because the confusion is maybe the difference in new and old car mods. It could be Simdream has improved anno 2024.
I do have btw some 2020 mods and my opinion: only suitable as grid fillers, waste of €,€€ Sorry I was a newbee then. :banghead:
I think you should ask kpcart. I have not purchased simdream product. I only asked kpcart for context and clarification of his opinion.

Ill ask again since I have interest. Since I'm new to making mods and conversions Is it ok to post conversions if you have tried to get permission but cannot get any response/can't find a way to contact the creator? Cause this guy has fallen off the face of the earth. I just don't want to break a rule. Like I have his name as the lead credit in the track file. Also is there any sort of thing around converting rfactor conversions of the SRW tracks? Asking as I am currently working on Edmonton
I won't tell if you wont. I just want Disney World!

2024 British GT Championship
2024 RAM Racing #17
Skin for GUERILLA Mods
Download
preview.jpg

Hello everyone, please tell me why the author of these skins doesn't have headlights on the bumper
and i have them how to fix this i have it like this with all skins
2.jpg

1.jpg

... please tell me why the author of these skins doesn't have headlights on the bumper...
Because he didn't put the line that activates them on the Ext_config file of the skin

Also because in British GT (unless I am blind) they do not run Endu Lights
... or possibly (if the car mod have two versions) because the author made the skin for the sprint version of the car, which does not have these lights. When the skin is installed in the endurance version, if there are stickers in the lights area, they appear cut off.

... or possibly (if the car mod have two versions) because the author made the skin for the sprint version of the car, which does not have these lights. When the skin is installed in the endurance version, if there are stickers in the lights area, they appear cut off.
It's the RSS

It's the RSS
Ok, I hadn't noticed who was the author of the mod. Well, in fact I don't even remember by heart which modders offer two independent versions of the same car, or which offers the (more logical) possibility of endurance or sprint versions via the ext_config... 😙

I just wanted to point out one more possibility to solve the mystery raised.

Last edited:
View attachment 1383583

Released for free on my Patreon, the next car in the 1988 Indycar series, the March 88C.

Credits

This car would not be possible without the great ISO team, who were very kind to give us permission to convert their cars over and have also been helpful at solving a few issues along the way. In particular we wish to thank David Sabre, Jason White, Richard Wilks, Richard Coxon and Alberto Ibanez for their work in the original mod and their permissions to use it again in AC.

ISO still runs a very active series of leagues which is worth checking out - https://intlsimracingforum.boards.net/
Model - original model by David Sabre, converted by BruceD
Sounds conversion - original sounds by Richard Wilks, converted by BruceD
Physics - BruceD, originally based off work by G0D
Engines - BruceD
Skins and textures - David Sabre, Jason White, Alberto Ibanez
Goodyear tyre textures - ozzy98 - available here https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/nascar-goodyear-tyres.49988/

Also available at the same link is the latest update of the Lola T8800, featuring a number of bug fixes and updates.

I can't download the March, Mediafire give me an error

Edit: solved downloaded by Smartphone

Last edited:
View attachment 1383583

Released for free on my Patreon, the next car in the 1988 Indycar series, the March 88C.

Credits

This car would not be possible without the great ISO team, who were very kind to give us permission to convert their cars over and have also been helpful at solving a few issues along the way. In particular we wish to thank David Sabre, Jason White, Richard Wilks, Richard Coxon and Alberto Ibanez for their work in the original mod and their permissions to use it again in AC.

ISO still runs a very active series of leagues which is worth checking out - https://intlsimracingforum.boards.net/
Model - original model by David Sabre, converted by BruceD
Sounds conversion - original sounds by Richard Wilks, converted by BruceD
Physics - BruceD, originally based off work by G0D
Engines - BruceD
Skins and textures - David Sabre, Jason White, Alberto Ibanez
Goodyear tyre textures - ozzy98 - available here https://www.overtake.gg/downloads/nascar-goodyear-tyres.49988/

Also available at the same link is the latest update of the Lola T8800, featuring a number of bug fixes and updates.

@BruceD i'm the only one who don't have FFB at all for the oval version unless while losing the car you try to save it with countersteer (there i start feeling the FFB)?

Last edited:
Does anyone still have the old Devil Z mod from some years ago? Probably from 2020 and earlier?
I remember it was included in SRP's carpack and on many other sites, but i can't find anything about it anymore.

@BruceD i'm the only one who don't have FFB at all for the oval version unless while losing the car you try to save it with countersteer (there i start feeling the FFB)?
A bit odd this, I haven't felt that myself and nobody else has reported it, and I've just checked and the steering strength settings are the same for both road and oval. But I'll test it again and see.

A bit odd this, I haven't felt that myself and nobody else has reported it, and I've just checked and the steering strength settings are the same for both road and oval. But I'll test it again and see.
I noticed that in all folders you left DATA folder and DATA.ACD

Which one is the right one to use? Btw, no idea, tried on Indy and i have zero FFB while turning, only if i lost control of the car and i try to save it, i start feeling the FFB.

Has anyone ever made a drs_zones file for Zandvoort 2023? If not, would anyone know exactly on the track where they should start and end so I could make one? A nice overhead shot of where they should begin and end would be nice so I can get the points correct.

Last edited:
Has anyone ever made a drs_zones file for Zandvoort 2023? If not, would anyone know exactly on the track where they should start and end so I could make one? A nice overhead shot of where they should begin and end would be nice so I can get the points correct.
I believe not, if you're referring to RacingSounds' version. I mentioned it to him a few months ago, along with a few other things, in a feedback post but I believe he's moved on.

Here's my notes (from May):

• The big thing still to address, I think, is that it's very easy to fall through the map when crashing. I'd say it happened about 5 times between practice, quali and the race. It happens near the pit exit, in the banked corner, and out of the final corner as well. I think the boundaries could use another pass to make sure no cars can fall through - it happened often enough that it was notable.
  • The DRS is enabled throughout the track - so no DRS zones have been set. As this is a pretty famous open-wheeler circuit, I think it might be worth the time to make them.
  • The pit lane entry is inaccurate - where the line and board say the pit lane starts is not where it occurs in game. It happens about 20 meters after.
  • The Flag LED boards throughout the track show a Red flag after the checkered flag, rather than a checkered flag pattern. It threw a few people off in quali.
  • Finally, the AI is not up to par - they are slow, crash often and can't exit the pits in Practice and Quali sessions. It definitely needs a rework - perhaps you could ask Parri for some help, as he made an excellent AI rewrite of ACTK's version (the one this is based off of).
If you could have a look at any of this stuff, it'd be appreciated - but I'm not sure your work on other tracks crosses into these areas.

You are credited on my version of the track, so I figured I'd mention it. As it stands, your update to the ACTK rFactor version with Parri's AI is feature complete, has competitive, safe AI, and is near-flawless - but doesn't have the big boy T3.

Cheers.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back