Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,778 comments
With permission from @RacingSounds , I created a quick and not very good raceday layout for his excellent Zandvoort 2023 track. It was thrown together quickly so there are plenty of mistakes and I can't vouch for the accuracy of the placement of the grandstands. I used the 2020 version of the track as a guide on where to place things. Also, because of the terrain changes he made, the car objects I used don't line up right so you will see some floating and some sunken cars. I plan to do some more work on this eventually, like adding some sponsor billboards in front of the grandstands and a few other things. My hope is that @Pyyer beats me to it so that we can get a good race day mod for the track, but this will have to do for now.

The mod will overwrite @RacingSounds original ext_config files, but no changes were made to his settings. I needed to add a line at the bottom in order for the included grass skins to work, but you do not need to use them. The raceday layout will still work without one of the skins enabled. As for the skins, they will get progressively more burnt out looking as you go down the line. There is also less saturated versions of the skins included if you find the grass too vibrant.

Zandvoort 2023 Raceday Layout

As always, please let me know of any mistakes or suggestions on how to improve it.

View attachment 1322170
Small update to the mod. Use the link in the quote if you want to try the update.

-- Changed the way the digital lights work so that they don't flash green all the time.
-- Added a drs_zones file to both the raceday and stock layout and drs_markers to the raceday layout. The drs_zones file comes from Pyyer's 2024 F1 extension. I did not get his permission to use it so I hope he doesn't mind. If he says anything, i'll make my own. I saw no reason to reinvent the wheel so I just used his.

I did not add the drs markers to the base track because that would cause issues for those that use Pyyer's F1 extensions with this track. There would end up being two sets of drs markers. If you don't own\use Pyyer's F1 extensions and want the drs markers on the base track, copy and paste the code below into the bottom of the models_2023.ini file.

[MODEL_4]
FILE=drs_markers.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0

Small update to the mod. Use the link in the quote if you want to try the update.

-- Changed the way the digital lights work so that they don't flash green all the time.
-- Added a drs_zones file to both the raceday and stock layout and drs_markers to the raceday layout. The drs_zones file comes from Pyyer's 2024 F1 extension. I did not get his permission to use it so I hope he doesn't mind. If he says anything, i'll make my own. I saw no reason to reinvent the wheel so I just used his.

I did not add the drs markers to the base track because that would cause issues for those that use Pyyer's F1 extensions with this track. There would end up being two sets of drs markers. If you don't own\use Pyyer's F1 extensions and want the drs markers on the base track, copy and paste the code below into the bottom of the models_2023.ini file.

[MODEL_4]
FILE=drs_markers.kn5
POSITION=0,0,0
ROTATION=0,0,0
Thank you for making the DRS zones. However at the banking Ai doesnt open wing at the Drs marker, but just at the end of banking. When I´m driving all works as intended. I have the excaxtly same problen every Zandvoort version.

Pekka

Thank you for making the DRS zones. However at the banking Ai doesnt open wing at the Drs marker, but just at the end of banking. When I´m driving all works as intended. I have the excaxtly same problen every Zandvoort version.

Pekka
Not sure what I can do about that. If I try and fix the ai wing not opening at the right spot, i'm guessing it will throw off when the drs zone kicks in for a human driver. If anyone knows how to fix that problem, i'm all ears.

Last edited:
Opel Calibra DTM rework

drag and drop to install i have included a kn5 with this as i have changed some shader values for the screen and wheels.

Screenshot (634).png

I'm trying to do a proper neckfx for that half cooked Toyota 415s from HSS. Did some tweaks in the setup to make the car actually enjoyable to drive, and tweaked Neckfx to hell to finally get that head bobbling. I'm super happy with how better the mod is to drive with those edits :

Vid loading

BUT... the sound is astonishly, outrageously, abysmally bad. At the moment i switched sound for a 2016 Mercedes C63 dtm, but i believe i'm gonna piss off a lot of petrolheads doing so😂. Anyone thinking of a proper athmospheric V8 sound, any car, any mod?
My latest V8 replacement sound is the WSC60 GT40 MK2 mod from bazza. I find it fixes every old car with a poor V8 soundtrack.

Go to weatherfx in CM and check what you have enabled there - default, pure gamma or pure lcs? In any way, only enable pure gamma or default without lcs enabled, then the garryreal filter works.
Thanks.
I did that.
I tried to set the Controller Script on Default Controller and Script on Pure Gamme and also the combination of Pure and Pure Gamma.
Both came back with the same result.
Everything got a black layer on it. The Sky was even totally black.

01.JPG
02.JPG

Opel Calibra DTM rework

drag and drop to install i have included a kn5 with this as i have changed some shader values for the screen and wheels.

View attachment 1384044
When I saw that you said you'd changed the windscreen I was hoping that you'd changed the mapping so that the texture isn't mirrored down the middle. When a dirty/smudged windscreen dds is swapped in (to replace the default 'frosted shower screen' version) there's an obvious vertical mirror line down the middle, instead of the dds stretching across the whole windscreen.
@JK1977 is this something you could update to the internal glass please? Also, the side windows don't map the texture at all well - even with a dirty/smudged glass dds applied they have a very uniform texture that just looks like the default 'shower screen'. It looks like the texture mapping needs correcting for the windscreen and for the side windows.

1724618224735.png

Last edited:
When I saw that you said you'd changed the windscreen I was hoping that you'd changed the mapping so that the texture isn't mirrored down the middle. When a dirty/smudged windscreen dds is swapped in (to replace the default 'frosted shower screen' version) there's an obvious vertical mirror line down the middle, instead of the dds stretching across the whole windscreen.
@JK1977 is this something you could update to the internal glass please? Also, the side windows don't map the texture at all well - even with a dirty/smudged glass dds applied they have a very uniform texture that just looks like the default 'shower screen'. It looks like the texture mapping needs correcting for the windscreen and for the side windows.

View attachment 1384068
no my skills are not that advanced im affraid, i never even noticed the inside issue as i always drive swingman, Although i really should be checking.

View attachment 1384068
I'll take a look at it when I get back home

Thanks.
I did that.
I tried to set the Controller Script on Default Controller and Script on Pure Gamme and also the combination of Pure and Pure Gamma.
works fine here with Pure Gamma
20240825-235251-zandvoort2023-asr_1991_dallara_191.png

24H
open the ext_config file for these skins and add the following line

[INCLUDE:cf/RSS_Mercer/Mercer_Endu_Covers.ini]
That is an old way of doing it. the car was updated and includes several configs. You can take a look in the stock skins for all the uses.
[INCLUDE: rss/rss_gtm_mercer_v8/enduro_off.ini]
[INCLUDE: rss/rss_gtm_mercer_v8/enduro.ini]
[INCLUDE: rss/rss_gtm_mercer_v8/glass_yellow.ini]

These are the ones I know of right off the top of my head.

X90
I believe not, if you're referring to RacingSounds' version. I mentioned it to him a few months ago, along with a few other things, in a feedback post but I believe he's moved on.

Here's my notes (from May):

• The big thing still to address, I think, is that it's very easy to fall through the map when crashing. I'd say it happened about 5 times between practice, quali and the race. It happens near the pit exit, in the banked corner, and out of the final corner as well. I think the boundaries could use another pass to make sure no cars can fall through - it happened often enough that it was notable.
  • The DRS is enabled throughout the track - so no DRS zones have been set. As this is a pretty famous open-wheeler circuit, I think it might be worth the time to make them.
  • The pit lane entry is inaccurate - where the line and board say the pit lane starts is not where it occurs in game. It happens about 20 meters after.
  • The Flag LED boards throughout the track show a Red flag after the checkered flag, rather than a checkered flag pattern. It threw a few people off in quali.
  • Finally, the AI is not up to par - they are slow, crash often and can't exit the pits in Practice and Quali sessions. It definitely needs a rework - perhaps you could ask Parri for some help, as he made an excellent AI rewrite of ACTK's version (the one this is based off of).
If you could have a look at any of this stuff, it'd be appreciated - but I'm not sure your work on other tracks crosses into these areas.

You are credited on my version of the track, so I figured I'd mention it. As it stands, your update to the ACTK rFactor version with Parri's AI is feature complete, has competitive, safe AI, and is near-flawless - but doesn't have the big boy T3.

Cheers.
1.) That one would have to wait for @RacingSounds to fix. I'm not sure exactly how to fix holes in the road mesh. Honestly, i've never run across one of those holes and I race on this track a lot.
2.) Fixed today, although it seems the ai doesn't respond correctly to the second DRS zone. As far as I know, it's not something I did because it works correctly for human drivers.
3.) I just fixed this on Istanbul (update for that coming soon), although Istanbul's problem was in the opposite direction. The pit limiter kicked in too soon. It's a simple fix by extending the 'PIT' mesh to the actual pit line. It should probably be done by @RacingSounds though since he would be the one who would have to update his track download with a new version.
4.) This may have got fixed today with the change I made to the digital lights settings so they don't flash green.
5.) I think my raceday layout includes a different ai than the base track. It works great for me, although i'm not an alien driver so it might be too slow for most people. I know I can't keep up even at 95% ai strength.

Last edited:
So I've been looking into the dreaded LOD situation now that SimplyGon expects us to bankrupt ourselves.

I've been doing so because my AC is essentially forcing LOD D onto older cars that don't have LODs at all, like the Oreca FLM09 from IER. Thus, when far enough away from the car (not far at all, unfortunately), the car will completely disappear. See this pic at the start line of Crescent Valley - they will stay in this "disappeared" state until you get right up to them.

Screenshot_oreca_flm09_asrl_autosport_speedway_26-7-124-0-15-17.png

I've altered every CSP setting related to LODs in Graphics Adjustments possible, no change. I'd prefer in these cases to just not have LODs at all and just eat the performance cost at the beginning of a race of ~22 LODA cars on screen, but I can't seem to force that behavior.

So I bit the bullet and downloaded the stupid PolygonCruncher trial that Ilja now recommends, and while it works at a very rudimentary level, it doesn't seem to account for paint for any of the cars I've tried. So, when LODs change for these cars, the skin will essentially go away and show the "blank" version of the skin. I suppose that's better - except for LOD D doesn't seem to account for any shading at all, it's completely black. Copy/pasting LOD B and renaming it as LOD C/D doesn't work either.

I'm in over my head here, anyone who knows more about this stuff I'd appreciate it. I have this trial for a week (plus a few more with other accounts) and would love to get LODs for all the older cars that need them - as it seems this is now a universal CSP problem.

EDIT: Jerryrigged just one LOD to stretch almost out of sight with lods.ini in the data.acd, but this is obviously a patchwork solution.

Last edited:
Just to practice, after a long time inactive.
If there were a "parallel universe" in racing, Ferrari should never have left the World Endurance Championship in the mid-70s, and who knows, if the Brazilian Formula One team had been more successful at the beginning of its work in F1, it could have also developed a car for the World Endurance Championship.

• Ferrari 312T.P76 - V12
  • Copersucar Fittipaldi FD76 LM - Ford V8

Attachments

• __custom_showroom_1724650583.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1724650583.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 7
  • __custom_showroom_1724650610.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1724650610.jpg
    54.2 KB · Views: 5
  • __custom_showroom_1724650648.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1724650648.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 6
  • __custom_showroom_1724650678.jpg
    __custom_showroom_1724650678.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 5
X90
So I've been looking into the dreaded LOD situation now that SimplyGon expects us to bankrupt ourselves.

I've been doing so because my AC is essentially forcing LOD D onto older cars that don't have LODs at all, like the Oreca FLM09 from IER. Thus, when far enough away from the car (not far at all, unfortunately), the car will completely disappear. See this pic at the start line of Crescent Valley - they will stay in this "disappeared" state until you get right up to them.

View attachment 1384121

I've altered every CSP setting related to LODs in Graphics Adjustments possible, no change. I'd prefer in these cases to just not have LODs at all and just eat the performance cost at the beginning of a race of ~22 LODA cars on screen, but I can't seem to force that behavior.

So I bit the bullet and downloaded the stupid PolygonCruncher trial that Ilja now recommends, and while it works at a very rudimentary level, it doesn't seem to account for paint for any of the cars I've tried. So, when LODs change for these cars, the skin will essentially go away and show the "blank" version of the skin. I suppose that's better - except for LOD D doesn't seem to account for any shading at all, it's completely black. Copy/pasting LOD B and renaming it as LOD C/D doesn't work either.

I'm in over my head here, anyone who knows more about this stuff I'd appreciate it. I have this trial for a week (plus a few more with other accounts) and would love to get LODs for all the older cars that need them - as it seems this is now a universal CSP problem.

EDIT: Jerryrigged just one LOD to stretch almost out of sight with lods.ini in the data.acd, but this is obviously a patchwork solution.
The problem with the totally black LOD D for some cars already existed with Simplygon and has nothing to do with PolygonCruncher.
When you press the "Generate LODS" button in CM you will get the warning:
Potential issue detected: • Couldn’t find any car paint meshes.
All cars with this warning will get a totally black LOD D and that already happened with Simplygon.

But of course there's a way to avoid this. For those cars you have to click on the option "MERGE AS BLACK" and remove the entry "!$CarPaint," for LOD D. The only negative aspect is, that the resulting LOD D will have more meshes, than with this entry. But there's no other solution and it's still better for the performance of the game to have a LOD D with some more meshes than to have no LOD D.
Just test it.

You can try my preset "Frank1.cmpreset", that I use to generate LODs for those cars. This preset also generates working wipers and wings for LOD B and LOD C.

Attachments

• Frank1.cmpreset.zip
    997 bytes · Views: 6
Last edited:
The problem with the totally black LOD D for some cars already existed with Simplygon and has nothing to do with PolygonCruncher.
All cars with this warning will get a totally black LOD D and that already happened with Simplygon.

But of course there's a way to avoid this. For those cars you have to click on the option "MERGE AS BLACK" and remove the entry "!$CarPaint," for LOD D. The only negative aspect is, that the resulting LOD D will have more meshes, than with this entry. But there's no other solution and it's still better for the performance of the game to have a LOD D with some more meshes than to have no LOD D.
Just test it.

You can try my preset "Frank1.cmpreset", that I use to generate LODs for those cars. This preset also generates working wipers and wings for LOD B and LOD C.
Excuse my absolute ignorance on this topic, but how do you install this preset and how do you use it once installed in CM?

Thanks.
I did that.

View attachment 1384066View attachment 1384067
if the sky is black, something is not installed properly. In such cases always open the CSP Lua Debug app ingame and see if there is a red dot. If so, go to that tab and expand the error and post the screenshot

If there is no red dot, try to reset your CSP settings completely!
Goto /Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/ rename the "extension" folder to something different. Restart CM. It will create a new "extension" folder. You can restore it later.

Last edited:

Just test it.

Just what I was looking for, thanks. This is all very useful. The "Merge as Black" flag removal was right on the money.

I am still getting the skins popping in and out at very close distance, though. Is there any way to fix that? Maybe in "Priorities"?

Screenshot_oreca_flm09_asrl_autosport_speedway_26-7-124-3-36-38.png

Notice that most of the cars ahead of the yellow and red car are white. That's the "stock" skin - and my skin pack is full of different color liveries. The skins will show properly at very close range - but get 25m or so away, and they pop back to white.

I assume one of the lower LODs I've generated is not hooking into the skins somehow. Perhaps it's being "removed" by one of the tags in the "To Remove" section?

Last edited:
if the sky is black, something is not installed properly. In such cases always open the CSP Lua Debug app ingame and see if there is a red dot. If so, go to that tab and expand the error and post the screenshot

If there is no red dot, try to reset your CSP settings completely!
Goto /Documents/Assetto Corsa/cfg/ rename the "extension" folder to something different. Restart CM. It will create a new "extension" folder. You can restore it later.
Hi Peter,
thanks for replying.
I have two error messages.
I tried to reset the CSP settings anyway to no avail.

1.JPG
2.JPG

Excuse my absolute ignorance on this topic, but how do you install this preset and how do you use it once installed in CM?
In "Content Manager" you have to select "CONTENT" on the top and then "cars". Select the car you want to edit and click on " Generate LODS" at the bottom. In the window, that opens you click on "Save preset" under "Configuration preset:" and copy my preset "Frank1.cmpreset" to the folder "Presets/Car LODs Generation". In the final step, you select my preset "Frank1" instead of "Default". Now you can generate the LODs with my preset.

Screenshot1.jpg

Screenshot2.jpg

X90
Just what I was looking for, thanks. This is all very useful. The "Merge as Black" flag removal was right on the money.

I am still getting the skins popping in and out at very close distance, though. Is there any way to fix that? Maybe in "Priorities"?

View attachment 1384161

Notice that most of the cars ahead of the yellow and red car are white. That's the "stock" skin - and my skin pack is full of different color liveries. The skins will show properly at very close range - but get 25m or so away, and they pop back to white.

I assume one of the lower LODs I've generated is not hooking into the skins somehow. Perhaps it's being "removed" by one of the tags in the "To Remove" section?
I have no idea why this happens. If the skins are shown correctly for all LODs in the CM showroom, it should also work ingame.

Last edited:
In "Content Manager" you have to select "CONTENT" on the top and then "cars". Select the car you want to edit and click on " Generate LODS" at the bottom. In the window, that opens you click on "Save preset" under "Configuration preset:" and copy my preset "Frank1.cmpreset" to the folder "Presets/Car LODs Generation". In the final step, you select my preset "Frank1" instead of "Default". Now you can generate the LODs with my preset.

View attachment 1384187
View attachment 1384185

I have no idea why this happens. If the skins are shown correctly for all LODs in the CM showroom, it should also work ingame.
Thanks. Mine is still looking for Simplygon to be installed so I guess this only works if you had it installed before.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back