Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,865 comments
So here at GTP with regards to car mods, it seems anything goes. Ten versions of the same car or a poor rip, as long as it looks good in replays and/or is fun to drive, it's a keeper.

What about tracks? If there exists two otherwise equal versions of a track, but one is less accurate than the other, which track is best? Is there room here for two Le Mans? Would you keep both and actually use them, or would one get deleted?

I have duplicates of quite a few cars , which were made by different people , and each have their own characteristics. Like Gladbecker wrote above , they can be great " grid filler's " even though I myself wouldn't race some of them. The tracks?..........Yes , I have multiple! Take SilverStone for example. I Have 5 different SilverStones installed from different era's and different layout's. I actually just discovered the " Silverstone 80's " a couple weeks ago.......such awesome tracks!! I have a couple different versions of Bathurst and Mid Ohio as well. Different tarmac , slightly wider / faster in sections and the rest of the track just feels different.......but I like them both....so I keep both!

I gave up with the AI traffic spawner and just created a bunch of cars dedicated for traffic in track day mode. I tweaked each vehicle individually one by one each time I saw one I wanted to use, but I'd suggest maybe trying the following if you know what vehicles you want already, it shouldn't take too long but it will use up HDD space...

- Use AC Car Tuner to duplicate all the cars, vans and trucks you want to use for AI traffic.
- Give them a "traffic" tag in CM so that you can filter them easily.
- Pick one of the cars with very low BHP, change the values in it's ai.ini file to, e.g [GEARS] UP=3200 DOWN=1300
- Copy this ai.ini and the power.lut file, and paste it into all the vehicles you want as traffic.
- Go to track day mode, set AI speed to 100% and adjust aggressiveness (overtakes) setting to your taste.

If vehicles are too slow, copy-paste a faster power.lut file. If cars are too quick, just chuck a bit of ballast on them or knock the AI speed down before you enter the track and save the preset for next time.

(snip) Take SilverStone for example. I Have 5 different SilverStones installed from different era's and different layout's. (snip)

I mean to say; two modders release two versions of modern Le Mans. Virtually, they are trying to create the same track. These two tracks are very similar with appropriate buildings, signage, pit slots, et al., but one version is off by 600m in length, is 2.2 seconds off pace, and the elevations aren't quite the same as IRL. The other track is spot-on, laser scanned, millimeter perfect. Again, they are visually similar with no major differences. Do you still keep both?

I mean to say; two modders release two versions of modern Le Mans. Virtually, they are trying to create the same track. These two tracks are very similar with appropriate buildings, signage, pit slots, et al., but one version is off by 600m in length, is 2.2 seconds off pace, and the elevations aren't quite the same as IRL. The other track is spot-on, laser scanned, millimeter perfect. Again, they are visually similar with no major differences. Do you still keep both?

I guess it all depends really. If they are that similar , I'll basically just keep the one in which I like to drive the most. In the two Mid Ohio's I have , one is pretty rough , and one is silky smooth. I think the rough version is more realistic but it also works you really hard with descent FFB in a long race. The smoother version I have is a lot easier to do long races with and the Ai seem to put up a better fight on the smoother version , and giving me a better race. Ai is set different on each of those two versions. Basically......I just race / practice / hot lap on the one I feel like doing at the time.

Last edited:
I like it, drives much better than the one I had, and achieved good times. However, there is a lack of tire selection, and the only one says (ST) on it. Is it a mistake?

Hi mate, Ye the tyres of super trofeo Is only 1 type for all and all the limitation are on real rules of the championships.. Hope you got fun with these

I guess it all depends really. If they are that similar , I'll basically just keep the one in which I like to drive the most. In the two Mid Ohio's I have , one is pretty rough , and one is silky smooth. I think the rough version is more realistic but it also works you really hard with descent FFB in a long race. The smoother version I have is a lot easier to do long races with and the Ai seem to put up a better fight on the smoother version , and giving me a better race. Ai is set different on each of those two versions. Basically......I just race / practice / hot lap on the one I feel like doing at the time.

Where'd you find a smooth Mid-Ohio ? I've looked everywhere for a version of that track that doesn't crack your teeth... :)

Surely the only question is would "you" keep them both. Why care what others do or don't do?
It's your game and no one should ever change how you chose to use it.
If people want to get all snotty about mods which don't have proper 'physics' and numbers well how come GT2 got away with it for so long with non laser scanned tracks and cars which aren't 'proper'...
PCars brag about proper physics and for the most part every car drives utter crap.

Portland 2018, fully functional with working pit road, 24 spots in pit and start.
Collision fixed and holes around curbs closed.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1fbkk5h5g7h0rkk/Portland_2018_v1.4.zip/file
Have fun.

Sweet!! I was there the weekend before last for the Historic races....was a blast! I live only about 1.5 miles from the track , and have raced MX there since the mid 80's! Thank you for the track!!

-wQ5p6W9ojcZpXFwbtBct9f8TlwaRrwiQ-nEXqPIwpDfoW4elFmgC50jRZEmtqpDcxrF-2ORQbmj_r-2VlDq9bGEzAWgNH443t4soQRMtWfI3qNQebw2EnlWzMb6fsM2RrMA8Y5A1Qg5ibSZJsg3Mpy0L1YYRgVoJU1iI3ZhJnrVXTREJvQ0vSLr_1I5DCU04Pq_EjFR3hagn-kdjGa4sKMufiknpRrLpvt5QwUKp-wgxZfDA6n4hCfyrI8gl1YiSymJssXN9OYGhegp_4sTMy9JKrF-CCjWkyA2zjGyBickZgYkWZeyv75z7EHNW82_iWLuNTSIGTwaW-uGMZgz9IboupDtrlSblSJETQFTuEuPJZjZBkoaG1mADGSGtpo6DFCoAzf8Ksbv6LKs9PMzWSkhFy5eHahrJT4LDRVLVLbxXjBoyYJGPJvgzxeOZNAhY1imY6LhOutP77JQ_k8N9UtQLEJY1O63caytB5dTYwht_13cB-4NeClg4XS4IgbeIdHjDgWYjXbLGn65HblUTOVdmx3hx39eyTVZPSM-dhp9piz0kd1s6FAhKoE9ltryQdO6oY7myqPnFzRZsQWo_mX9ZVkOdm_eNvCmEoG86WbSHzwvtJYIqbCjX44foUskU-2yhIrqGQ6MZNVnfyInIcEVe9vE2VQ=w2285-h1285-no

[REAL_MIRROR_0]
ASPECT_MULT=0.6
ROTATION=-0.08, 0
FLIP=1
[REAL_MIRROR_1]
ROTATION=-0.34, 0

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to work (unless I'm doing something wrong).
I first replaced the mirrors.ini with the above and the result was that both mirrors were empty (as in non existent). Only the frame was still present.
I then added it to the existing text, like this:

[MIRROR_0]
NAME=mirrors
[REAL_MIRROR_0]
ASPECT_MULT=0.6
ROTATION=-0.08, 0
FLIP=1
[REAL_MIRROR_1]
ROTATION=-0.34, 0

But that changed nothing ? :nervous:

Thanks, but it doesn't seem to work (unless I'm doing something wrong).
I first replaced the mirrors.ini with the above and the result was that both mirrors were empty (as in non existent). Only the frame was still present.
I then added it to the existing text, like this:

[MIRROR_0]
NAME=mirrors
[REAL_MIRROR_0]
ASPECT_MULT=0.6
ROTATION=-0.08, 0
FLIP=1
[REAL_MIRROR_1]
ROTATION=-0.34, 0

But that changed nothing ? :nervous:
You did that in documents, Assetto, extension, real mirrors , correct?

Portland 2018, fully functional with working pit road, 24 spots in pit and start.

The Smitraxx version is horrible and in accurate (I've driven hundreds of laps there in various race cars and drove this version months ago), so thats why were working on a proper one. 33 spots, lights coming, bumps in right places on the track and accurate. Still a wip but its about %95 there. Soon :D

2hqcebn.jpg

ip1flh.jpg

3538f4p.jpg

I have duplicates of quite a few cars , which were made by different people , and each have their own characteristics. Like Gladbecker wrote above , they can be great " grid filler's " even though I myself wouldn't race some of them. The tracks?..........Yes , I have multiple! Take SilverStone for example. I Have 5 different SilverStones installed from different era's and different layout's. I actually just discovered the " Silverstone 80's " a couple weeks ago.......such awesome tracks!! I have a couple different versions of Bathurst and Mid Ohio as well. Different tarmac , slightly wider / faster in sections and the rest of the track just feels different.......but I like them both....so I keep both!
does any have a 1998 bmw LM car i saw someone making one about a year or two i like the panoz gtr thanks

Surely the only question is would "you" keep them both. Why care what others do or don't do?
It's your game and no one should ever change how you chose to use it.
If people want to get all snotty about mods which don't have proper 'physics' and numbers well how come GT2 got away with it for so long with non laser scanned tracks and cars which aren't 'proper'...
PCars brag about proper physics and for the most part every car drives utter crap.

I'm asking because this is a community and I am interacting with the community through sharing ideas and asking questions. Also know as, making friends. My question had nothing to do with elitism at all. I was curious as to what the community does when faced with a more accurate track. If I wanted to ask myself questions all day, surely I wouldn't be here.

I am sorry to you, and I am sorry to the community, for bothering you with a question rather handing out a free mod link.

I'm asking because this is a community and I am interacting with the community through sharing ideas and asking questions. Also know as, making friends. My question had nothing to do with elitism at all. I was curious as to what the community does when faced with a more accurate track. If I wanted to ask myself questions all day, surely I wouldn't be here.

I am sorry to you, and I am sorry to the community, for bothering you with a question rather handing out a free mod link.
Dude relax. It is the internet. He wasnt even really attacking you

No... in the car's data folder ...
I don't even have the tree you gave here (documents...)
Yes, it will not work in the car data folder.
I you use Shader patch, you have an extension folder in document/Assetto Corsa.
First adjust the mirrors with BLM cars, that will create a .ini for that car, in document, Assetto, extension, real mirrors. Enter FLIP=1 to un-reverse a mirror.

Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage" 1.0 Limited
Maserati Tipo 61 "Birdcage" 1959

Little gift for the community.
All scratch built with some blueprints ( really wrong ) and a lot of different photos as reference.
Every one of the 16 cars built is slightly different, so take it as a "standard". Interior is modelled using a single photo as a reference, so something can be little wrong this time.

Correct power and torque, correct suspensions ( double wishbone at front and de Dion axle, with transverse leaf spring at back )

Sound modelled using videos and some editing, not perfect but a lot of rOOooAAar.

Skins came in 4k, but, for people with low-end pcs, there is a folder called "LO_RES_skins" with 2k textures, just rename it to "skins" and voilà!

The folder structure is a bit different, there are some textures for driver model too, for cool new driver's suit and helmet colours.

THANKS
As usual, big thanks to @luathas for some fine details, like fantastic tyre mapping, engraved spinners and some tweaks in INIs.
And big thanks to @andy-R for the majority of cool historic skins.

LIMITED VERSION
Lods still WIP, searching for real audio.
preview.jpg 3.jpg 1.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg

Link :https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/maserati-tipo-61-birdcage.28161/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back