Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,860 comments
2ffcd8b5023b74fb108615f7eea94af6

Oops, here we go :lol:

Seriously though, there's no point in arguing on here. You've made your point @ST KonRad maybe leave it at that?

My first attempt in making liveries.
I missed some good jobs for Diablo GTR, therefore I decided to make a package of various liveries for the lambo edited by Assettogarage from August 3rd.
I still have some issues probably coming from the learning stage like mirrored clarion logo on door mirrors since in the template there is only one of them.
I think once I'm sure it's perfect, I will be releasing this skin. I hope you'll enjoy it and if you have any suggestions for any future liveries you would like to get, feel free to introduce them.

1i9alv8.png

SZxxQed.png

Last edited:
That looks fantastic! It's really come a long way from the bare-bones version you sent me a long time ago. Looks like you no longer need any help with the billboards?

Speaking of Sim Traxx, if I'd ever spent penny one on 'early access' I'd be extremely peeved about how many tracks are left half-assed and unfinished. I've got early versions of Pacific Raceways and Shelton Ridge Raceways from around 18 months ago and both were driveable and show a lot of promise, but have been left to fester. As far as I can tell no further development on them has taken place.

If they ever man up and admit that they've been abandoned then maybe the GTP Modding Team could take over and actually do them justice. Both are really nice layouts.

Please share! I've been looking for pacific and The Ridge from simtraxx

@ST KonRad welcome to GT Planet.
I also have a low opinion on what SimTraxx does and cannot recommend what you are offering, when I am asked.
To me, the tracks are unfinished and should not be offered for sale in such a poor state of development. You claim to be professional, you will need to demonstrate it as well. A few years back you did a track for an event in Madrid, good for you, that was a few years back, surely you have had time since to improve on those tracks you promise, got money for but never finished.
You sound like a "Kon" artist Konrad, maybe we are all mistaken, please, prove us wrong, not by writing an other empty post, but by your actions.

Please share! I've been looking for pacific and The Ridge from simtraxx

Ask @ST KonRad , the ST, stands for Sim Traxx, those are commercial tracks, not free to share, created by amateur enthousiast, type of tracks.

No, I'm not on the dole nor am I on crack, but I appreciate your concern.

You say "quality was never our top priority as we cannot compete yet with AAA games" yet there are plenty of amateur modders who produce AAA scratch-built tracks in their spare time and release them in a complete state for free, yet people who paid a business like yours for 'early access' to tracks like Shelton Ridge and Pacific Raceway have been left dangling in the breeze for almost two years, and those tracks seem abandoned. Are there any plans to complete these tracks? The biggest criticism of Sim Traxx has always been that you start too many projects and don't complete enough of them. The second biggest complaint is that your corporate clients take precedence over your public funders. The threads on Race Department are full of disgruntled Sim Traxx customers who feel deceived. This can't be news to you, surely?

Thats good You are not, I guess its the word "muppets" led me to believe its otherwise. I heard them junkies many times using these words for eachother.

Yes, there are plenty of mods with AA+ quality, didnt see AAA yet in AC. Even whole AC is not really AAA yet. But these ratings can have different taste so its hard to really estimate. And yes, they are complete. But are they done from laserscanned data? are You sure they are accurate? small modded circuits that have few kms and are being done by one modder for 2-3 years or more You want to compare to some over 100 hundred projects amounting to almost 1000km that our small team consisting of 5 people including modelling, exporting to different sims, IT website systems setup, office and marketing, support and customer service created over 5-6 years ? You know that a lone modder is doing it in his free time for years and treats it as a hobby can do it, but when this small modder becomes a small company the costs are skyrocketing. one person cost in SIM TRAXX is around 2000-2300 EUR including taxes and social insurance. So as You see we need monthly at least 10-15k EUR monthly only for employees to only survive, there are also investment costs, so dont be surprised that we take private projects first to cover our costs if we get only some 2000 EUR monthly from the public store and thats before the income tax and VAT, also paypal has its share too..

Yes, currently I am gathering the budget to update most of the older tracks to proper v1.0 (some of them being conversions of older projects and only enhanced with better shaders and optimisation for AC) and so we can start releasing new content even faster and with better quality. in 2020 we should finally see the market growing for VR and independent sims and mods and this will result in better public sales and decreasing the prices of production while getting the quality higher as well.

Where are the threads on Race Department? Why do they not come to us?
Everyone who was affected by some logistics/distribution problems or is unhappy about anything can email or contact us on discord (link on our website simtraxx,net)
and we will definitely work this out.

Thats good You are not, I guess its the word "muppets" led me to believe its otherwise. I heard them junkies many times using these words for eachother.

Yes, there are plenty of mods with AA+ quality, didnt see AAA yet in AC. Even whole AC is not really AAA yet. But these ratings can have different taste so its hard to really estimate. And yes, they are complete. But are they done from laserscanned data? are You sure they are accurate? small modded circuits that have few kms and are being done by one modder for 2-3 years or more You want to compare to some over 100 hundred projects amounting to almost 1000km that our small team consisting of 5 people including modelling, exporting to different sims, IT website systems setup, office and marketing, support and customer service created over 5-6 years ? You know that a lone modder is doing it in his free time for years and treats it as a hobby can do it, but when this small modder becomes a small company the costs are skyrocketing. one person cost in SIM TRAXX is around 2000-2300 EUR including taxes and social insurance. So as You see we need monthly at least 10-15k EUR monthly only for employees to only survive, there are also investment costs, so dont be surprised that we take private projects first to cover our costs if we get only some 2000 EUR monthly from the public store and thats before the income tax and VAT, also paypal has its share too..

Yes, currently I am gathering the budget to update most of the older tracks to proper v1.0 (some of them being conversions of older projects and only enhanced with better shaders and optimisation for AC) and so we can start releasing new content even faster and with better quality. in 2020 we should finally see the market growing for VR and independent sims and mods and this will result in better public sales and decreasing the prices of production while getting the quality higher as well.

Where are the threads on Race Department? Why do they not come to us?
Everyone who was affected by some logistics/distribution problems or is unhappy about anything can email or contact us on discord (link on our website simtraxx,net)
and we will definitely work this out.
You've said a lot there... without actually saying a lot.
Bottom line, if you charge people for early access to tracks then cease development of those tracks for 2+ years then that will be criticised.

You mention '100 projects' like it's a badge of honour. Why not do fewer but actually complete them, and to a good standard?

And if you haven't seen AAA track mods in AC then I'm guessing you haven't heard of LilSki, or Fat-Alfie..? Both are hobbyists who more than match Kunos quality in their spare time and release them for free. I know Sim Traxx is a business but every successful business needs a good business plan. I'm not even sure what yours is.

Is this too low quality?

Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_simtraxx_provence_alps_8-8-119-15-15-29.jpg

Well, I wouldn't have chosen this particular picture to prove your point about 'high quality'.
I have never seen shrubs grow like that (on the slope), nor have I ever seen trees that look like that. The rocky wall looks OK though.
Several SimTraxx tracks have really bad looking trees/foliage, which completely kills the general appearance of the whole environment.
Other (mostly P2P) tracks are looking (a lot) better but it's kinda hit or miss. There seems to be no consistency in the quality, which probably prevents people from buying tracks, not knowing if they will ever improve.
Just my 2cts...

Last edited:
Everytime I remember that I had to ask in this forum for the Transfargarasan by DrDoomslab, which was older, after driving the SimTraxx version that was uglier, the textures were awful and the road mapping wasn't great either says a lot about them and their unfinished projects.

Well, I wouldn't have chosen this particular picture to prove your point about 'high quality'.
I have never seen shrubs grow like that (on the slope), nor have I ever seen trees that look like that. The rocky wall looks OK though.
Several SimTraxx tracks have really bad looking trees/foliage, which completely kills the general appearance of the whole environment.
Other (mostly P2P) tracks are looking (a lot) better but it's kinda hit or miss. There seems to be no consistency in the quality, which probable prevents people from buying tracks, not knowing if they will ever improve.
Just my 2cts...

Sure, we can agree on that some tracks have less and some much more development. Lots of older tracks have been converted and improved but some of them would need to be redone for best effect. Thats why now we are focusing on improving visuals and overall reality. Just because You didn't see something it doesnt mean they dont exist. However I am not saying that we dont make mistakes.

Also some of our older projects were financed by private companies but they left the development because they didnt have more budget so we then naturalised them and tried to get the budget to finish them.

Anyway New era will be started with Laserscanned Transfagarasan and Magnolia that will bring quality up much because these projects costs are much higher. Transfagarasan 35km laserscanned alone cost is estimated for at least 50 000 EUR including the laserscanning.
We should see them released by this X-MAS 2019.

Thanks for understanding ;)

You can see more screenshots on our social media

Attachments

• Screenshot_ferrari_312t_simtraxx_brasov_11-8-119-22-34-29.jpg
    Screenshot_ferrari_312t_simtraxx_brasov_11-8-119-22-34-29.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_10-8-119-22-33-4.jpg
    Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_10-8-119-22-33-4.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot_lotus_exos_125_simtraxx_brasov_f2d_10-8-119-12-58-22.jpg
    Screenshot_lotus_exos_125_simtraxx_brasov_f2d_10-8-119-12-58-22.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 44
  • Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_f2d_10-8-119-7-43-55.jpg
    Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_f2d_10-8-119-7-43-55.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 47
  • Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_10-8-119-3-30-18.jpg
    Screenshot_rl_ford_fiesta_wrc_simtraxx_brasov_10-8-119-3-30-18.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 45
  • Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_simtraxx_provence_alps_8-8-119-15-26-15.jpg
    Screenshot_ferrari_laferrari_simtraxx_provence_alps_8-8-119-15-26-15.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 48
Weird how some of you, who defend some of the worst car mods out there, suddenly show a standard at tracks.
Not that I'm a fan of ST's.
Who is defending terrible car mods, and which terrible car mods have been defended? I've seen talk about retaining poor cars to flesh out AI grids but can't remember seeing anyone defend an overtly bad mod.

Anyway New era will be started with Laserscanned Transfagarasan and Magnolia that will bring quality up much because these projects costs are much higher. Transfagarasan 35km laserscanned alone cost is estimated for at least 50 000 EUR including the laserscanning.

That's a LOT of costs to recoup from something that will probably be leaked on day one, if it follows the pattern of every other mod ever released, ever. Even at €10 that would be 5,000 paid downloads just to recover costs. Are those numbers not a little ambitious?

I'm actually a bit of a fan of simtraxx, just because the first track that made me fall in love with AC was transfaragasan. Blew my mind. We need people making as many tracks as possible but as someone else said, if they don't plan on updating then why not let others take over? Some of the tracks are good but need the old spit and polish.

I'm actually a bit of a fan of simtraxx, just because the first track that made me fall in love with AC was transfaragasan. Blew my mind. We need people making as many tracks as possible but as someone else said, if they don't plan on updating then why not let others take over? Some of the tracks are good but need the old spit and polish.
That was me. Yep, I'm happy that Sim Traxx exists for the same reason that I'm happy RTM exists: more content that we can choose to take or leave, or even improve. It's the business philosophies of both that I'm not too sure about.

---------------------------------------
Hi, ok, You must not understand what are the tracks on RD. They are old builds from exports to RBR and rFactor 1 enhanced and converted to AC
SIM TRAXX has the highest quality in modding but only if its paid properly. If we get 2500 EUR monthly sales so what You expect?
We are doing lots of private projects for private companies who pay enough for us to do the top job. The public tracks are underfinanced and therefore some of them are not fully finished and are waiting for better times and better graphic engines or newer simulations.

Also You probably didnt test many 1.0 we have and give Your opinion about some free old updates on RD.

Perhaps instead of talking You want to team up to create something bigger and better so people are happy and have lots of highest quality content like our new Transfagarasan and Magnolia 1cm laserscanned which cost of only scanning for Transfagarasan amounts to 30 000 EUR and Magnolia 10000 EUR. We spend dozens of thousands for creating high quality content out of our own pockets and SIM TRAXX is in debt some 100 000 EUR at the moment. Honestly speaking about money grab You must be joking. Its people like some people on this forum who grab and redistribute our tracks for free that result in decreased updates and overall slow works.

Anyway I am up for a debate how to improve alot of things in SIM TRAXX so everyone is happy.

Shady practises? state what practises, long voids in emails (stupid anti-spam filters and change of system to store for these reasons), no replies - are You kidding me? I could create a road from here to the moon with all the letters I wrote to reply to thousands of people, countless people taken for $$ ? where are they, why do they not write to us on all our media channels including FB, instagram, twitter, our website email, skype, discord, You name it. Everyone that at least tries to contact us is getting reply within usually 1-2 days so please stop craping all over our hard work for years.

Is this too low quality? then make a better one with such tiny budget as we have. Ah forgot You are working on Your 1 tiny track for years whereas we are working on 60 tracks over 3 years and most of them are looking already very good and accurate. Portland is inaccurate, funny cause it was made from aerial laserscan, so it must be incorrect right?
100.000EUR in debt. Nice business you have there:D

Sure, we can agree on that some tracks have less and some much more development. Lots of older tracks have been converted and improved but some of them would need to be redone for best effect. Thats why now we are focusing on improving visuals and overall reality. Just because You didn't see something it doesnt mean they dont exist. However I am not saying that we dont make mistakes.

Also some of our older projects were financed by private companies but they left the development because they didnt have more budget so we then naturalised them and tried to get the budget to finish them.

Thanks for understanding ;)

You can see more screenshots on our social media
Hoping for a buttonwillow pit fix. Otherwise its a nice one, just for driving by yourself

That was me. Yep, I'm happy that Sim Traxx exists for the same reason that I'm happy RTM exists: more content that we can choose to take or leave, or even improve. It's the business philosophies of both that I'm not too sure about.

^ This. Very much this. I really wish RTM would just make all his cars $10 MAX. I'd buy them all. I have no problem paying for mods, I just can't understand paying $99 for a car. For a $39 game. That I bought in Early Access years ago for $19.99. It just makes no business sense. I'd even buy his cars in a big bundle if I could with a discount but he wont do that right now. I've asked lol. And the dontaion system is just sketchy as hell.... clearly a way to rip people off.

I've bought a bunch of the SimTraxx as well... and yeah quality varies... although I like a few of the tracks, they aren't all bad.

Last edited:
Not at all, some Sim Traxx content is very nice indeed. I'd pay for a finished and polished Shelton Ridge and Pacific Raceway, if they ever happened

Yeah man. I said this before on here and somebody laughed at me but all these paid mod teams, save for the real legit ones like VRC and RSS etc... They need to realize they have a market here with us for sure. Theres a bunch of us in this community (more than a bunch actually) that will gladly pay some bucks for good modded content. We just expect good quality, finished content, and reasonable pricing.

$6-10 for a good car - reasonable. $15-$25 for a pack of cars - reasonable. $39-99 (uhhrmm RTM) for ONE car.... Unreasonable. (especially since they arent even scratch made... and we wont even go into the legality of ripping content from other games unauthorized and then selling as your own.) I frankly dont even care about that, but I know it sets many people here and on RD on fire.

Recoup your costs selling bulk not trying to sell 3 at $100. Selling a track in Early Access and then never finishing - lame (I can't specifically say its unexpected since this can happen in EA... but we should expect to get a finished product since that's kinda the whole point in the end.)

None of these tracks are scratch made are they? From what I've read over time in various forums, etc. is that they have all been made from other modders and converted or enhanced cosmetically by ST. None of the tracks have the same style and characteristics because they are all made by different modders.

Which ST tracks are scratch made?

Last edited:
Yeah man. I said this before on here and somebody laughed at me but all these paid mod teams, save for the real legit ones like VRC and RSS etc... They need to realize they have a market here with us for sure. Theres a bunch of us in this community (more than a bunch actually) that will gladly pay some bucks for good modded content. We just expect good quality, finished content, and reasonable pricing.

$6-10 for a good car - reasonable. $15-$25 for a pack of cars - reasonable. $39-99 (uhhrmm RTM) for ONE car.... Unreasonable. (especially since they arent even scratch made... and we wont even go into the legality of ripping content from other games unauthorized and then selling as your own.) I frankly dont even care about that, but I know it sets many people here and on RD on fire.

Recoup your costs selling bulk not trying to sell 3 at $100. Selling a track in Early Access and then never finishing - lame (I can't specifically say its unexpected since this can happen in EA... but we should expect to get a finished product since that's kinda the whole point in the end.)

Could it be that Gilles from AC Classics has come up with the perfect business plan? I think so. $2.00 per track or less if bought in bulk. No big deal to buy them, nobody cares about leaking them. Full proof business plan IMO. Now only if they were higher quality :eek:

I'll add that it's a perfect business plan for this category/quality of mod If money is the driving factor. For example, RTM would make way more money over time selling their $99 car for $5. But I don't think RTM is in it for the money. His motivation is to antagonize the community.

Edit: quick shout out to https://www.f3classictracks.com/
Excellent quality at a good price plus free content. Couldn't ask for anything more.

F3 Classic along with Lemax, RSS and VRC is a business model that will gain respect from the community. High quality free and paid content.

Last edited:
From Dan Busca on FB:
Nissan R91CP (1991) v1.5
Are you ready?
Do you have what it takes to conquer The Ring in this infamous Group C BossCar?
I've spent a long time perfecting this legendary racing car, sharing my first version in December 2018, working on it on and off.
I believe I have a good enough version to release to you all. I could tell you about the extensive list of fixes, updates and additions I have made. But I'll just just say it has my touch...
https://mega.nz/#!q7ASDKCR!JdLn8T-_9WqFVIvGxAA_eYPvLL1Wu3wlTRilrgyJs4A
Credits
RTM - Creator / Convertor
Velo - Physics and Sound Updates
AceSeptre - Bank of Japan Skin
Indianapolis - Kokuyo Take One, Pennzoil and Speedline Skins
Dan Bucsa (Our Racing Simulator Project) - See Extensive Changelog...

From Dan Busca on FB:
Nissan R91CP (1991) v1.5
Are you ready?
Do you have what it takes to conquer The Ring in this infamous Group C BossCar?
I've spent a long time perfecting this legendary racing car, sharing my first version in December 2018, working on it on and off.
I believe I have a good enough version to release to you all. I could tell you about the extensive list of fixes, updates and additions I have made. But I'll just just say it has my touch...
https://mega.nz/#!q7ASDKCR!JdLn8T-_9WqFVIvGxAA_eYPvLL1Wu3wlTRilrgyJs4A
Credits
RTM - Creator / Convertor
Velo - Physics and Sound Updates
AceSeptre - Bank of Japan Skin
Indianapolis - Kokuyo Take One, Pennzoil and Speedline Skins
Dan Bucsa (Our Racing Simulator Project) - See Extensive Changelog...

Now this is what I like to see, capable hands fixing up the old mods. :cheers:

I always wonder why selling a single Flight Sim Aircraft Mod for US$39.-$99. has been an accepted practice and has been successful for decades. Is there a demographic that happily pays that amount for Motorsport Mods that we don't know about? Is it fair to say that they got scammed? I have seen little opposition for charging that much for aircraft on the Flight Sim forums. What is it about Flight Simming pricing that makes it different from Motorsport Simming? Are aircraft mods more complex? Are they built from scratch more often? So is originality the primary issue? Is the Flight Sim Customer older and has more disposable income? It's a fascinating comparison that I have never understood.

Hi, ok, You must not understand what are the tracks on RD. They are old builds from exports to RBR and rFactor 1 enhanced and converted to AC
SIM TRAXX has the highest quality in modding but only if its paid properly. If we get 2500 EUR monthly sales so what You expect?
We are doing lots of private projects for private companies who pay enough for us to do the top job. The public tracks are underfinanced and therefore some of them are not fully finished and are waiting for better times and better graphic engines or newer simulations.

I could take and make a big example here out of you, but I won't and I'm not going to go through (its a waste of time, you talk, talk, talk and make more and more excesses, its your Modus Operandi) . See the bold above? I'm not talking about free tracks, I've seen every poor paid track you make. SO, "you must not understand what tracks I was referring to." Private Projects my backside. These are the SAME excesses you have made, ad nauseum before.

Shady practises? state what practises, long voids in emails (stupid anti-spam filters and change of system to store for these reasons), no replies - are You kidding me?

See what you did there? You question it as though it doesn't happen, then turn around and say it does - but you blame it on phony excuses of spam filters and changes of systems. Go to RD and search for "SimTraxx". I have a feeling you'll be replying and making excuses for 6 months with the amount of negative feedback there is.

Is this too low quality? then make a better one with such tiny budget as we have.

Yes it is. And wait - See were you just stuck your foot in your mouth? Above you said you make $2,802 (US) a month. (which is laughable) but you say you're on a shoe string budget.

Bottom line. I could post every thread link (and there'd be a ton) at RD here on never delivering, taking money with no communication and goods sent, not returning $$'s just to name a few. You're 'club' or whatever you call it is a phony way of people to send you money and a huge majority of the tracks never get finished, its a scheme and everyone at RD knows, sees and has dealt with it, but they've wised up. And those that do finish, are terrible, theres a TON who make scratch tracks that are 50x of the quality of your paid tracks - and those ones are free.

So instead of me posting every link at RD and the countless number of complaints - you can go read it yourself.
Funny how you never stick your head in there when and where it counts.
Good day.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back