Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,906 comments
These two installed as new track mods for me, but seemed oddly familiar:

https://tm-modding.eu/download-category/assetto-corsa-track-mods/

20190216230035_1-730x350.jpg

20190317214037_1-730x350.jpg

Problem seems to be that the extra sponsor dds of this car doesn't have an alpha layer... maybe a silly remark, but I don't know how to go about to get this sorted out...

In this case, black textures - are a problem.
I open the dds file in the photoshop, and there 's all black - no image...

do not worry about the textures.... the only important thing is that the uv mapping is present.
If you got the "black" car in assetto corsa format (kn5), open it in cm and go to one of the the texture... select "show mapping" and see if you got a wireframe in 2D

If so, no problem... it is easy and fun to redo the textures ;)
but it takes some time, of course :P

and, while talking about textures, here the slow progress of the '68 stock pack... i hope it will be ready till Christmas :P
Till now 3 brands (Ford, Dodge and Chevrolet) ... many to go...

__custom_showroom_156u1kj1.jpg

__custom_showroom_156nhjsm.jpg

Last edited:
This place is being very active, nice to see.

I've made many updates to a car I posted weeks ago. Would anyone mind sparing 10 minutes and give this a quick shakedown with the default settings, letting me know what it feels like on their wheel? It performs alright IMO, bit lary with cold tires, but starts to come to life when they warm up. I'm on controller, so if it feels terrible to you, say so! I haven't finished with it yet.

The tires, suspension geometry, engine and all are entirely custom built by myself, hopefully I haven't screwed up too much. I like to build sleepers that give Ferraris, Lambos and McLarens something to sweat about.

1twQsv9.jpg

If you got the "black" car in assetto corsa format (kn5), open it in cm and go to one of the the texture... select "show mapping" and see if you got a wireframe in 2D
And what to do with the track? :)

But textures are not really the most important problem yet. With the geometry, I 'm not doing anything yet.
Today I spent several hours reinstalling different versions of the 3D Ripper DX - no version earned with an emulator.
Then I tried other settings for Ninja Ripper - there are always distortions. You can 't fix them manually - they 're nonlinear, as if the 3d model has perspective. I can 't find a tutorial how to fix it, and I can 't come to it myself.
In all the videos I found on YouTube - make a rip of one small 3D model of weapon, plane, car or character. It 's a lot easier as the object is small. And here is a track map of a large area that needs to be collected from pieces of individual rip frames... Even if one detail and can be corrected with hands, then do it for all objects of the scene - it can go crazy : (

uh... to rip a track in small pieces, seems a bit insane :) ... better build it from scratch at that point.

Using bob tracks builder, or whatever guys use nowadays is very easy... the learning curve goes to 1 month +/-
I suggest you try if interested... very rewarding !

houses, walls, grandstands and track objects in general can be used from other tracks if you lack experience with 3DS max or similar 3D programs.

These two installed as new track mods for me, but seemed oddly familiar

Still got to compare, but both versions I had installed were older:
Oschersleben v0.6 (new 1.2)
Lausitzring v0.93 (new 1.0)
Never even knew they got updated, so thanks for some useful links.

EDIT: just did the comparison and when driving there seems to be no change at all.
In the files there are some minor changes (not specified in the included readme file though).
The originals I had installed are from Fuzo ACCM, while these new ones are brought by TM-Modding, giving credit to the original author Digga (SRT) and for the conversion to AC to Fuzo (TTM) !
This while - as it looks - Fuzo is part of TTM (Trained Monkey Modding).
No idea why the version numbers changed... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
The question is where he came from. Was it a conversion from GT, or just a similar mod?

These parodies on the GT tracks made me remember a good time spent in all parts of GT. I passed them all, starting ГТ1:) So even the original (fictional) track of Grantourismo cause evokes nostalgia and good memories. I want to drive them again, to the AC.
I remembered the first time I drive an FFB wheel on Leman in GT4. Wow, what an uneven track like hitting the steering wheel! After GT1,2,3 on the gamepad, it was like a new world. And it 's not just about the FFB, it 's also important how the track is made.
Look at Leman from the outside - how the car jumps (2:48).

Already then, Granturismo used laser scan to create circuits. Nordshleife, Suzuka, Tsukuba, Fuji, Indianapolis, Lemans, etc - still before the appearance of exact laser copies of these tracks in iRacing and then in other simulators, on them it was already possible to drive to GT4 and GT5.
Yesterday, on the wave of nostalgia I launched GT4 on the PC!:))) It works!
The GT4 's tracks still look decent. On the PC, the picture looks better than on the PS2.

I want some tracks from the GT4 to the AC.
Like this one.
Monaco is a complex and dangerous city track?
Try it! :)

Tried to make rip 3d mesh (Ninja Riper and 3d Riper DX). Not very successful yet. The geometry is imported with distortion. And textures - black :(
I will try still.
Can anyone help the council with this? How do I make RIP from the PCSX2 emulator?

Citta di Aria was my favorite track, it was just so tight lol

Graphic wise, it's a nice overhaul. But the physic seems a little bit weird. The car oversteer too much on deceleration.
CM complains about HEADER/VERSION parameter, Perhaps it's related and that the number you put in data.acd are not taken in a correct way ?
From my point of view, current handling of the car is difficult to understand.
It does feel weird. The steering is really vague. Might need a second pass, @Apexxer ?

uh... to rip a track in small pieces, seems a bit insane :) ... better build it from scratch at that point.

Using bob tracks builder, or whatever guys use nowadays is very easy... the learning curve goes to 1 month +/-
I suggest you try if interested... very rewarding !

houses, walls, grandstands and track objects in general can be used from other tracks if you lack experience with 3DS max or similar 3D programs.
To make from scratch - it will be inaccurate:)
Those tracks from Granturismo that posted here were probably make from scratch, and therefore not at all similar to the originals. And I wanted to transfer (convert) tracks from Granturismo, with preservation of all subtleties and nuances. Why? After all, these are fictional tracks, why do they need them? Who doesn 't know the GT series - will ask such a question. And he 's perfectly logical. Usually I am not interested in fictional tracks - it is better to spend time on any real. However, in Granturismo these original tracks are performed so successfully that they fall into the soul. At first you have to spend a lot of time on them because they are present different tasks, events, licenses. Again and again you pass the same turn, the same ligament. Then many attempts to pass one fast lap, or several laps without a single fail. And gradually you penetrate them, get used to them, recognize them to every little thing, and start loving some of them (not all). Many years go by and I see Trial Mauntan mod for AC! I install him, I try him, and I understand I don 't... It 's not Trial Mauntan, it 's a bad parody.. That 's not what I wanted when I launched that track. This is just like Nordshleife - versions in GT, AC, iR, RRE - are very similar as they are made based on a scan, and repeat the real track as much as possible. But if you put the old Nordshleife mod, you immediately realize that it is inaccurate, wrong.. It also turns out with these fictional tracks from the GT4 - to get the correct result, it is necessary to "scan" them:), that is to make rip.

In general, I didn 't plan to do the tracks. There was just an impulse, a wave of nostalgia. In 3dmax, I have enough experience, and if the ripper had given me an undisturbed mesh and textures with images, I would have been able even from the pieces to collect a complete map of the track by removing all the twins, gluing in the right places, and coping with some possible bugs.
Granturismo were played in total by more than 70,000,000 people! Just present what quantity from them is known and love these original routes and how many from them has Assetto Corsa today:)
This is for any moder who makes envelopes of trails to note:
The fictional Deep Foerest of GT may prove much more popular than the real Lausitzring in users. Because Lausitzring is just one of the stages of DTM, and Deep Foerest are memories of dozens or even hundreds of hours of fascinating racing :) This will not be able to argue with legendary tracks such as Spa, Suzuka, Silverstone, Monza etc, but will be more interesting than many real but little-known tracks. If it 's an exact copy...

Citta di Aria was my favorite track, it was just so tight lol
At first I hated her - how many accidents were there!:)
But when I went fast - it 's an incredible fun. I loved this track, too:)

Last edited:
If you successfully manage to convert Gran Turismo tracks (especially the fictional classics) to AC then you would make a LOT of people EXTREMELY happy, me included.
Thats what is meant to make racers smile. & heck we really need the real Tokyo Route 246 track since the ACF version is like garbage.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back