Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,906 comments
Tried to make rip 3d mesh (Ninja Riper and 3d Riper DX). Not very successful yet. The geometry is imported with distortion. And textures - black :(
I will try still.
black textures are not a problem if the mapping is still there, but try to solve the distorted geometry problem.

black textures are not a problem if the mapping is still there, but try to solve the distorted geometry problem.
In this case, black textures - are a problem.
I open the dds file in the photoshop, and there 's all black - no image...
How to correct the distortions is not yet clear. The 3D ripper has a setting that allows you to fix this, and get the correct geometry. I once long ago in this way got the right geometry of Lime Rock Park from iRacing:)
But 3D ripper doesn 't do a grab in the PS2 emulator. It is necessary to try different versions - it happens that some of them work.
Ninja is takes, but I can 't find settings that can be changed so that the geometry is imported correctly.
You have to spend a lot of time on different versions of programs, different settings, and watch the result. It 's very tiring, especially when it doesn 't work out...
Correct geometry manually in 3dmax - unrealistic I think.

I want some tracks from the GT4 to the AC.
Like this one.
Monaco is a complex and dangerous city track?
Try it! :)

Tried to make rip 3d mesh (Ninja Riper and 3d Riper DX). Not very successful yet. The geometry is imported with distortion. And textures - black :(
I will try still.
Can anyone help the council with this? How do I make RIP from the PCSX2 emulator?

If you successfully manage to convert Gran Turismo tracks (especially the fictional classics) to AC then you would make a LOT of people EXTREMELY happy, me included.

Masscot
I 'd be happy myself :)
If I manage to make an acceptable rip, then I could do it for a few interesting trails and lay out 3dmax models so that different moders (a few people) can take advantage of it, and make an envelope of some one track, but paying it enough attention to achieve good quality. I might have been able to complete convert to AC one track myself, but I 'm not sure I 'd have had enough time for a few. Therefore it would be better if it is done by experienced guys wanting to get quality, not quantity.
In any case, the main thing is to get a rip with the correct geometry, mapping, and textures. So far, it 's in question. At least I managed to run the GT4 on a PC, and make a poor-quality rip:)

Last edited:
.../... Therefore it would be better if it is done by experienced guys wanting to get quality, not quantity.

sarcasm.png

:D

I'm a beginner when it comes to skinning. I started to change existing cars to make new versions for personal use. If everything goes according to plan this will hopefully bring me to a certain quality level that I could take up skinning complete cars. But now I'm facing a problem, that I can't seem to get round. I started from the #22 Wochenspiegel Ferrari from the 2017 VLN championship and wanted to make the 2018 #11 car. I wanted to give this car yellow mirrors, which I succeeded to do. Only to discover that both wing mirrors have a black rectangle on it, that I can't seem to get rid of.

I hope it is ok that I post a preview of this skin, which WASN'T MADE BY ME, only altered a bit for personal use, so some one could point me in the right direction to get these mirrors correct. The black rectangle on the winglets should also be smaller than it is on this car, but that's probably the same problem as the mirrors.

preview.jpg

I'm a beginner when it comes to skinning. I started to change existing cars to make new versions for personal use. If everything goes according to plan this will hopefully bring me to a certain quality level that I could take up skinning complete cars. But now I'm facing a problem, that I can't seem to get round. I started from the #22 Wochenspiegel Ferrari from the 2017 VLN championship and wanted to make the 2018 #11 car. I wanted to give this car yellow mirrors, which I succeeded to do. Only to discover that both wing mirrors have a black rectangle on it, that I can't seem to get rid of.

I hope it is ok that I post a preview of this skin, which WASN'T MADE BY ME, only altered a bit for personal use, so some one could point me in the right direction to get these mirrors correct. The black rectangle on the winglets should also be smaller than it is on this car, but that's probably the same problem as the mirrors.

View attachment 847145

You need modify this one
Screenshot_211.png

put alpha on all black so it not being a problem.
Screenshot_212.png

if you wanna put sponsor on it, just give white on alpha on your needed area.
Screenshot_213.png

Also good luck on car, been find that skin anywhere but not find it yet. :/ *just found it

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back