Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
McLaren-720S-GT3_Development-0798.jpg
Some one know if the McLaren 720s GT3 was released for assetto ?
no.

Wondering what setting I fooled around with that has messed up my Rollovers M8. Only skins that will appear in game are the 81 & 82 skins that are in the download from the Rollover's site. The other WEC and IMSA skins I have loaded wont appear on the car......Went back to try and load Delpinsky's updates but the links/files seem to be missing from the posts... If anyone has ideas as to what might cause this, I'd appreciate any help - thanks.
Do you use Content Manager? Try viewing blank skins in CM. The blank skins are probably for another build.
The car's folder name should be rollovers_m8_gte. Can you link me where did you download your skins?

Here are the skins I have in my folder for the car:
only middle 81 and 82 work currently

Same as I have, but they all work on my side...

Same as mine. Every skin works including DHMotor's link.
I'm using the delpinsky updated version. I downloaded vanilla Rollovers version and copied the skins. They were blank. It seems .kn5 files were updated by delpinksy. I checked them and they don't match. Probably texture names changed too hence the blank skins.

@DHMotor The link you send, the author probably uses delpinsky version but didn't notice the textures were edited. Indeed it doesn't work on vanilla Rollovers.

I packed my folder of delpinsky M8 GTE (couldn't find the original link). Nothing is edited except UI file and added skins:
https://mega.nz/#!2tdVBAJQ!2JZ9ht5c5u6OtSegf-UbojE-Ye-51vri43CNmSB_RHE

Same as mine. Every skin works including DHMotor's link.
I'm using the delpinsky updated version. I downloaded vanilla Rollovers version and copied the skins. They were blank. It seems .kn5 files were updated by delpinksy. I checked them and they don't match. Probably texture names changed too hence the blank skins.

@DHMotor The link you send, the author probably uses delpinsky version but didn't notice the textures were edited. Indeed it doesn't work on vanilla Rollovers.

I packed my folder of delpinsky M8 GTE (couldn't find the original link). Nothing is edited except UI file and added skins:
https://mega.nz/#!2tdVBAJQ!2JZ9ht5c5u6OtSegf-UbojE-Ye-51vri43CNmSB_RHE
That works! Thanks so much. I still wish I could figure out what the problem was with my files. In the end I'd rather spend time racing than chasing down file errors - so, thanks again!

@DHMotor I think the file names inside the skin's folders have changed. Look at the names in the working folders and apply them to all others. so as an example, instead of skin.dds they may be called m8_ext.dds or whatver

That works! Thanks so much. I still wish I could figure out what the problem was with my files. In the end I'd rather spend time racing than chasing down file errors - so, thanks again!
Well, if you want to know this is the problem with your files:
upload_2019-10-2_19-5-11.png

Delpinsky version has a custom model. Texture names are different. Textures in skin folder don't match the model.
If you really want to use delpinsky skins on original Rollovers version, change the filename bmw_m8_gte_01.dds to skin_base.dds in skin folder. It will correct the main issue. I didn't check the small texture files but they might require correcting too.

Mc Laren MP4/6 1991 by ASR Formula - Version 1.0 [Free]

Download Link
https://www.asrformula.com/mods/assetto-corsa/free-cars-ac/mclaren-mp4-6-1991/

--------------------------------------------------
V1.0 (01/10/2019)

Credits:
ASR Formula Team
3D model: rf900r
Physics: TheEngineer
Sounds: simontek27
Skins and Texture: alesanchez
Helmet skins: alesanchez
Suit and Gloves: simontek27 alesanchez
3D tire and rims: alesi_fan
3D Helmet: Oggo
Video and renders: ddntube

Instalation notes:
Please delete all files of any previous versions of this mod.
Copy the content folder inside “AC Files” to your AC directory.
Please, be sure to install our custom driver inside “assettocorsa\content\driver”.
-------------------------------------------------

Cheers ! ;)

Last edited:
I would like to have a Nordschleife track update since the rf2 version is now out. I speak about the billboards which are placed on several locations around the track but they aren´t available in AC. Like the billboards on the entry of Hatzenbach (the BMW advert) and so on. Also some more tents and spectators could be placed. I already created an 2019 billboard update for the GP track but this is not the same.
@slider666 could you help here? I would take care of the adverts itself but I need someone who could place additional files around.

Willow Springs is a great track to drive, always looked forward to going there. Glad to see it may be coming to AC possibly. And fingers crossed its not a bloody butchers block.

Poliphony the only ones who get Fantasy tracks right. so l looking forward more to them then any of the tracks in slightly better quali we already have,

Willow Springs is a great track to drive, always looked forward to going there. Glad to see it may be coming to AC possibly. And fingers crossed its not a bloody butchers block.
GTS tracks apparently need a LOT of conversion work (a lot more than FM7 rips) so I'm not convinced we'll ever see them in AC. I think they've been extractable since the beginning of this year and several modders claim to have started work on them, but so far... not much evidence. You'd think there'd be one screenshot or one WIP YouTube video by now. Maybe GT4/5/6 rips would be a better option, who knows.

OK, I've got all the F1 mods known to man but have never really driven them.
Until now.
What are the best-to-worst ones by popular opinion?

I agree with gladbecker82, especially with the ACFL 2019 mod, they are great. An added bonus with that set of 2019 cars is that they have 2 different mirror settings that allow you to move the mirrors inboard (great for single screen users like me) or outboard like they are on the real cars. I really wish everyone would do this!

I also like ASR's Williams FW14, great fun to drive and easy to catch when the rear breaks loose.

Gladbecker, is that the 2019 SuperCar? Sure looks like the one they rolled out this year. :D

And what annoyed me with the M8 and the T5's were the antilag crackling, popping, hot mic distortion that it sounded on downshifts and throttle roll off. With fifteen of them in a replay, on a high end audio system it was just the constant sound of distortion x 15, it sounded horrid.
I know they have them on the real cars but playing back on a pc sounded painful.

So here's the M8 with the antilag cut out, its (imo) 1000% better, and in car, no more of that.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back