Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
What you can do with the right setup in the VRC Chevy down the hill into Hollywood and Craner curves :mischievous:

This is not worth it’s price, it’s just another ******, understeery conversion.

If you know how to properly put a setup on the car you wouldn't have that problem - but its the cars fault, right? Or is it the modeler? :lol:

Last edited:
If you know how to properly put a setup on the car you wouldn't have that problem - but its the cars fault, right? Or is it the modeler? :lol:

If lot of assetto cars are understeery it's often due to simplified aero, it's on rally cars that it's the most obvious.

Yeah I might do that at some point... A good bunch of the cars I have reworked with real data incorporated into them are on this thread, like the TS020 and Alpine 450 to name a few.

I let you do it (put them on the tread), or do you want me to do it?
(The TS020 interests me enormously, I did not see you modified it, big thanks.)

Alfa Romeo Giulia Hommage DTM (Skins Dyllie1204)

1570391553-custom-showroom-1570391344.jpg

1570391582-custom-showroom-1570390135.jpg

Link : https://mega.nz/#!cAZF1azS!UOkQuackdkbTV41A_js45SiT49bbW5If6ovO6kLzEc4

Enjoy !

Last edited:
Looks great @Shokeus

But what's with the forced manual? It leads to broken shifting when trying to shift from gear 2 to 3 when driving with automatic clutch settings turned on.

What a gorgeous beast, but the rear-view mirrors are borked, in VR anyway. Very pixellated and lacking detail. It's an easy fix (a Ferrari mod had the same issue, I seem to recall) but I can't remember how the hell to fix it. Anyone?
Also, if you can, I'd remove the internal arm rests on the doors, as the roll cage clips through them. Might look better without them?

A timely reminder that here's the shorter anticlockwise version of San Francisco by a different modder. It's got the crowds, which is nice, but is not well optimised at all. OK for hot-lapping, or small-grid races if you have the grunt. The link is in the video description.

Feel free to (quote) the posts over to your thread... please don't download them, re-host them then re-post them though. Keep them intact so the original posts can be updated. You'll find yourself going way back on this thread though...
Quote the post is a good idea when there is a lot of detail in the post.

ArchKyuubeey, and other who wander here, I let you post your own cars so can present them like you want, if you have the lazy say me.

Does all the RSS and VRC cars have real supensions? among the URD which?

The rear panel on the F355 Challenge really needs a much better solution. It looks all kinds of wrong and moires like a mofo when behind one.

View attachment 855665

612KaW2bllL._SX679_.jpg

I think even a satin finish very dark grey solid one might even look better than the fine mesh?

I made a different mesh texture for the race version, not great but alittle more authentic imo, but the moire effect cant be avoided because it's a dense repeating pattern. I can share the dds files but you'd also need to change the panels normal map to match via CM or it will look wierd. I'l try to post them tomorrow.

__custom_showroom_1570399293.png

Last edited:
I made a different mesh texture for the race version, not great but alittle more authentic imo, but the moire effect cant be avoided because it's a dense repeating pattern. I can share the dds files but you'd also need to change the panels normal map to match via CM or it will look wierd. I'l try to post them tomorrow.

View attachment 855785
yeah, more of a resolution problem than anything really.

Ah, just found them on Facebook. Some lovely looking cars mods there. Does he release them?
Edit: of course, he's the GATC guy. Very nice cars, shame about the fake brand names..!

Any chance that those of us who haven't sold our lives to Facebook can get any of these? I'd especially love to get hold of that new Supra GT3 posted a few pages back. :bowdown:

EDIT: This is the Supra I mean. GT500, not GT3.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-552#post-12886937

Last edited:

View attachment 855785
Looks much better! If the moire effect is still a problem then a solid very dark charcoal grey panel might be better? You'd hardly see the perforations out on the track.

Would appreciate if you'd just let us know where all these cars you post pics of come from. Not everyone has the time to turn everything into a treasure hunt! :)
It looks like Alfa Romeo Giulia TI 1963. I know SimDream has it if there's not a better version out there.
Nobody here could locate the Supra GT3 as far as I know.
You don't miss out much without Facebook's AC community. Mostly they tease with pictures. Then comes about 20 comments asking for link or info but nothing comes of it. That's all. Quality AC content on Facebook will show up here anyway.

Last edited:
Looks much better! If the moire effect is still a problem then a solid very dark charcoal grey panel might be better? You'd hardly see the perforations out on the track.

Paste the four dds files into a skin folder and see how it looks. This also replaces the transparent mesh above the main panel and engine cover, looked too see-through for my taste. Should work for road and race versions . . . Im using this pack

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/assetto-corsa-pc-mod-discussion.307899/page-540#post-12875320

http://www.mediafire.com/file/v8ly4mh0fb1bis0/f355_rearpanel_mesh.zip/file

Last edited:
Would appreciate if you'd just let us know where all these cars you post pics of come from. Not everyone has the time to turn everything into a treasure hunt! :)

Sorry they are paid mods so can't post them, they have plain skins so just messing about with skins rather than showing off the car.
from simdream IIRC.

Sorry for ask this but, lately, I see several people posting just an image of a mod, saying just "hi" or another vague phrase, and no more... No link, no explanation at all if it is a mod released, soon to be released, or whatever.

I know trends are often relentless, and people just imitate others because they think they have to. But at the end of the day, what is the utility of such information?

Excuse me if I don't understand some secret code or something in the forum and those post are really useful. Maybe is my fault. But for me, at the moment, is just annoying.

Vai - most of the time (not always) its attention seekers plopping something on the floor and them waiting for people to ask for info, released or not, link etc. Rubbing their hands and grinning, its no answer or "it's private", it makes them feel tingly all over. - my take.

Speaking of childish, this kind of is. Long story short, tried doing something with this car, wedging it. It also broke the left drive shaft or something, it wasn't spinning visually and temps showed it.

Hopped out of the car with my foot still on the throttle and wudda ya know - Lilja's smoke is directional. :lol::lol:
Childish ahead:
ratings.png

Last edited:
Skoda Octavia Cup 2018 2.1
Skoda Octavia 3 Cup version 2018

rgELSWz.jpg

Trained Monkey Modding team presents Skoda Octavia Cup - 2018 specs. This car is based on Skoda Octavia RS 3rd. generation and is used in Octavia Cup Series in middle Europe. This mod is our first mod and was created with help of real mechanics and was tested by real drivers, so our priority was mainly physics and behavior of the whole car,not the detailed model, but we did what we were able to do to make it as best as possible :)
TM Modding team:
Roman "Fuzo" Fusaty - 3D graphics and animations
Tomas "LumpTom" Hrouda - 3D graphics
Michal "Weron" Soltes - physics
Mach77 - sounds
TheSourceOfTheNile - real FULLINRACE Academy team skin pack
Racingtech CZ - custom skins from Virtual Octavia Cup (ACCentral.cz)

We would like to thank all other contributors and people who helped to further improve this mod, especially Foli, Trewor, Kypo, JoshuaxVGOS, x4fab, real drivers Petr Fulin and Petr Cizek and a lot of testers in our community.

Mod highlights:

• Shader pack ready
  • working wiper and door animations (BLM car rain effect ready)
  • Physics was created and finetuned by original mechanics and drivers of real Octavia Cup and top simracing drivers in CZ/SK community
  • interchangeable track maps in cockpit (based on real series 2018) - manual installation only :D
  • our first mod :)
This car has Ohlins dampers where 0 is hardest and 20 softest setting, don't forget it while setting the dampers.

What's new in version 2.1
This is just a small update to fix the rear light bug and we also added the digital position panel to the mod as it was requested by a republicofsimracers.com league. Those panels can be turned on and off in setup so feel free to use this feature.

Mod version: 2.1 contains real Fullinrace Academy skin pack (by @TheSourceOfTheNile), default skins and some skins from our local championship created by Racingtech CZ. Template for skinning is included in the mod. Stay tuned for updates...

Link : https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/skoda-octavia-cup-2018.24099/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back