Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,907 comments
The billboards on that GRID San Fransisco track are formatted really weirdly, but I hate that prominent JVC one so did a quick 'n' dirty billboard skin. Not perfect, the Falken (old eBay Motors) ones get clipped but there's not much I can do about that until the original modder sorts them out in the model. In case anyone wants to add it:
https://we.tl/t-EP1a2tdZDH
Drop the 'skins' folder into the main track folder and select the 'Mascot Q&D' skin.

New skin RNJ Motorsport Mash.
Ive tweaked the data files, power similar to Porsche Caymen gt4, changed tires to Hard only.
5dgyAGK.jpg

Have you noticed that the front lights work fine in CM Showroom, it is only in game that they do not work. I checked and the original Meco mod as exactly the same problem.:confused:

I've noticed that on a fair amount of mods. Usually, saving the kn5 as an fbx and opening and then re-saving it (as kn5) in the kn5 editor will get the lights working properly. Just open it in the kn5 editor - don't do anything else before you save it.

I've given up almost completely on the AC modding scene as being a viable substitute for the massive GTR2 race car collection I've put together, just because it's so aggravating and frustrating keeping up with what mods are legit and which ones are total junk. It seems like 3/4 of what's out there have at least one of the following problems:

-bad/copied physics
-half-hearted "race spec" cars without real-world liveries or accurate interior details
-variants of updates of revisions where I can't even keep track of what car is the "best" version
-holdovers from the last generation of sims that could look fine with a bit of work, but are left as-is with 1024x1024 skins or poorly-mapped surfaces
-just plain broken mods where some detail or another doesn't even function right

What would it take to create a database or a collective list of which mods are actually worthwhile beyond the crapshoot grab-bag? I know the conventional wisdom is just "stick to RaceDepartment" but even that site seems comparatively limited (and in the past couple months seems almost entirely reduced to physics "updates" and drift tunes for cars that already exist). Meanwhile there are sites that post rips from other games or conversions of mods from older sims, but so many of these seem suspect or quick to get taken down thanks to drama/infighting/asset-theft accusations that I don't even know what the deal is.

I wish there was a more respectful yet more open-ended sort of AC modding nexus -- one where you can have access to (actually good) Forza conversions and current-gen updates of old GTR/GT Legends/Rfactor mods (with proper credit and attribution), but without all that SimDream ripoff garbage or cut-and-paste-physics laziness. Are Legion's mods any good? If so, maybe they can provide a corrective...

I have updated the Honda Civic Type-R (FK2) 2015, it is now at version 1.2 and also updated the link in my original post. Full change log is included in the download, v1.2 release includes:

v1.2

Physics updates:
- Suspension fixed
- Collider position corrected
- Added new custom FK2 sound created by Verrel Aditya

Model updates:
- Corrected the angular position of the brake calipers
- Brembo decals on front brake calipers are now readable
- F6 cameras now work
- Driver position tweaked slightly
- Added a new darker red skin
- Reverted back to Kunos previews as suggested for standardization

https://www.mediafire.com/file/m3vzuove8m63gf0/honda_civic_type_r_fk2_2015.7z/file

Enjoy, thanks :)

full

Last edited:
I've given up almost completely on the AC modding scene as being a viable substitute for the massive GTR2 race car collection I've put together, just because it's so aggravating and frustrating keeping up with what mods are legit and which ones are total junk. It seems like 3/4 of what's out there have at least one of the following problems:

-bad/copied physics
-half-hearted "race spec" cars without real-world liveries or accurate interior details
-variants of updates of revisions where I can't even keep track of what car is the "best" version
-holdovers from the last generation of sims that could look fine with a bit of work, but are left as-is with 1024x1024 skins or poorly-mapped surfaces
-just plain broken mods where some detail or another doesn't even function right

What would it take to create a database or a collective list of which mods are actually worthwhile beyond the crapshoot grab-bag? I know the conventional wisdom is just "stick to RaceDepartment" but even that site seems comparatively limited (and in the past couple months seems almost entirely reduced to physics "updates" and drift tunes for cars that already exist). Meanwhile there are sites that post rips from other games or conversions of mods from older sims, but so many of these seem suspect or quick to get taken down thanks to drama/infighting/asset-theft accusations that I don't even know what the deal is.

I wish there was a more respectful yet more open-ended sort of AC modding nexus -- one where you can have access to (actually good) Forza conversions and current-gen updates of old GTR/GT Legends/Rfactor mods (with proper credit and attribution), but without all that SimDream ripoff garbage or cut-and-paste-physics laziness. Are Legion's mods any good? If so, maybe they can provide a corrective...

I agree. It's been frustrating for me just getting into Assetto Corsa so late into it's life. After getting it the middle of this year, I'm just now starting to get a hold of what's going on, what's cool, what's not. I agree wholeheartedly. There NEEDS to be a set of standards, a checklist, a due diligence that sets precedence to ones reputation if they are making mods of cars and tracks.
It's taken me months to finally get on some type of bandwagon to see where quality is coming from and where it's not. I'm having fun figuring it out but sometimes instead of racing, I'm working through the 1700 different cars I have because I tried a race and something either within the car I'm trying out or in an AI field crashes the race. My take now maybe to go back to kunos material and start adding things in group by group until I get all workable solutions. I certainly don't NEED 1700 cars but I also didn't want to miss out on something I found fun or liked.

Oh well, it gets better day by day the more time I can spend testing things out. Of course this coupled with SOL and Custom Shaders and/or this PP or that PP, it could be a couple years before I can use the game efficiently. LOL :lol::lol::lol::lol::ill::)

I agree it's critical to develop a list of good mods or a dabatase to catalog mods (the more the better).

The bast mayority of mods vary from having a small issue to be completely broken. And the bast mayority vary from being decent enough to complete BS that probably hasn't even been tried before posting them on the internet.

Some TRULY good mods that comes to mind (forgive the obviousness): Sol, Barnesse alps, 911 RSR 2017 sound mod, Oreca 07 (the sound is a masterpiece), some lfa sound mod (that I cant find), Tajo, Bridgehampton, Autumn Ring..

And the bad ones... You could make a very funny video with the bad ones. Cars with worse sounds than Gran Turismo 1, supercars with GT3 downforce, cars with textures made with paint, mods that literally break the game, tracks with absurd performance issues...

I'd like to see a certificate of authenticity that's granted by high members of the community. A digital signature given to approved mods.
The mod is submitted, tested and approved or not. Problem is, it's so far along now, how do you come back to credit good mods that have already been out for 4 years now?
Of course the question is "who pays for that"? Do people just do this for the love of it? I don't know.

Out of curiosity, can any Assetto Corsa Mod Snobs out there give a realistic number of cars and a realistic number of tracks that they have kept after weeding out all of the BS?

-bad/copied physics

All true, after reading this i don't think ill release my GT4's updated power tweaks,(worried it will be frowned upon) all i was trying to do was to get a close competitive field of cars, but im no expert on physics, ect. I don't really care if i haven't got the real to life diff ratio's ect.. its game in the end of the day, just a game.
Id rather have fun race with close racing over the microscopic real life stats, but yes there is a ton of half baked rubbish out there.

All true, after reading this i don't think ill release my GT4's updated power tweaks,(worried it will be frowned upon) all i was trying to do was to get a close competitive field of cars, but im no expert on physics, ect. I don't really care if i haven't got the real to life diff ratio's ect.. its game in the end of the day, just a game.
Id rather have fun race with close racing over the microscopic real life stats, but yes there is a ton of half baked rubbish out there.

And here lies the problem...... people worried about releasing mods because someone might start moaning that the rear suspension strut is 2mm out of place.....
It really very simple I thought. A mod gets released you can
a) ignore it
b)download it and give it a try and then... either
a) bin it
b) mess about and try to fix it

Not hard.

Regardless of what people say, i have at least 10 mod cars that the snobs would utterly rip apart, but for some reason the feel is incredible, the FFB feel with them is amazing to the point i don't care how accurate they are.... One of them feels better than the RSS counter part IMO... purely on FFB alone..
One is on old kunos tires and feels wonderful to drive..

The idea of some 'gold standard' judged by some apparent modding Gods fills me with dred...its all personal preference at the end of the day and i go with FFB over physics every time...

The other thing is that the motoring industry is legendary for 'parts bins', so the fact that modders use parts of other mods isn't that strange really to me...

The ammount of cars and racing cars they share chassis let alone the rest of the stuff is incredible and also many cars do drive the same for the most part give or take...

The Mercedes F1 car will clearly be an easier better faster car to drive than Williams F1 car..but the Williams F1 car will still feel like an F1 car to drive....
Most GT3 cars will for the most part feel the same bar a few subtle differences which become apparent over several laps where you can push more or less etc...

Last edited:
And here lies the problem...... people worried about releasing mods because someone might start moaning that the rear suspension strut is 2mm out of place.....
It really very simple I thought. A mod gets released you can
a) ignore it
b)download it and give it a try and then... either
a) bin it
b) mess about and try to fix it

Not hard.

Regardless of what people say, i have at least 10 mod cars that the snobs would utterly rip apart, but for some reason the feel is incredible, the FFB feel with them is amazing to the point i don't care how accurate they are.... One of them feels better than the RSS counter part IMO... purely on FFB alone..
One is on old kunos tires and feels wonderful to drive..

The idea of some 'gold standard' judged by some apparent modding Gods fills me with dred...its all personal preference at the end of the day and i go with FFB over physics every time...

The other thing is that the motoring industry is legendary for 'parts bins', so the fact that modders use parts of other mods isn't that strange really to me...

The ammount of cars and racing cars they share chassis let alone the rest of the stuff is incredible and also many cars do drive the same for the most part give or take...

The Mercedes F1 car will clearly be an easier better faster car to drive than Williams F1 car..but the Williams F1 car will still feel like an F1 car to drive....
Most GT3 cars will for the most part feel the same bar a few subtle differences which become apparent over several laps where you can push more or less etc...
Your right with what you say, and i know there are plenty of people with better skills than me to upgrade a car, so leave it to the experts, i wish somebody would make a decent version of a Nissan GT4 , but for the meantime here is my skin pack.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/nissan-370z-skin-pack.29099/

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back