Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,913 comments
Only did half a lap atm, but I can see that I'm missing the info on the display:

Yea, somehow this got borked while progress. I tried messing up with digital_instruments.ini, but no luck. :nervous:
Although the cockpit will be revamped, I feel that I would still like to fix that, because it breaks the immersion and just to avoid it in the future. Someone have an idea how to fix it? Thanks in advance

Had a quick peak, the DISPLAY_DATA object is missing from your edit @Sylana82. Just copy and paste it from the Kunos model and it will sort it out :cheers:

Didn't know I caused a discussion about the Alfa Romeo 155 :lol:

Thank you very much for your help, really appreciated! :cheers:

But it doesn't seem to work because when I try to export it from 3DSimED... :(

Maybe try a direct to kn5 approach from 3DSimED? Unless you can't do the work you need to finish it in there. It is renowned for its many bugs and quirks but usually there is a workaround, it is just trying to figure that out :odd:

Might not be an issue you some so you can skip, its on slight stuttering and slight screen tearing that has annoyed me for months. The 27" 60hz monitor is the bottle neck by a long shot vs hardware.

Off and on for weeks and weeks, kept trying everything from capping the hz to 60 in content manager to making changes in the Nvidia control panel. Setting the cap at one under 60 in CM and setting the cap with a number as close to 60 and ending in a prime number (which that helped, but didn't rid it).
Vsync turned off in Nvidia control - turned on but set to fast with little luck.

The solution - finally:censored:
First, the problem. If you set CM to cap at 60 to match your monitor (running only one car), you will notice the FPS for the last instance on track to be 59.9 or 59.8, not a dead 60 - that was causing tearing or micro stutters. Running uncapped, no restraints, its around 130fps.

The fix. Vsync off in CM, NO fps cap in CM.
Turn on Nvidia's adaptive vsync. And just like that, FPS is now a dead 60FPS (not 59.9 or .8) and all of the micro stutters and tearing are gone.

Trees, billboards, fence poles before would 're-scan' or tear at any speed, any number of cars.
No more (maybe one tiny twitch):cheers:

Might not be an issue you some so you can skip, its on slight stuttering and slight screen tearing that has annoyed me for months. The 27" 60hz monitor is the bottle neck by a long shot vs hardware.

Off and on for weeks and weeks, kept trying everything from capping the hz to 60 in content manager to making changes in the Nvidia control panel. Setting the cap at one under 60 in CM and setting the cap with a number as close to 60 and ending in a prime number (which that helped, but didn't rid it).
Vsync turned off in Nvidia control - turned on but set to fast with little luck.

First, the problem. If you set CM to cap at 60 to match your monitor (running only one car), you will notice the FPS for the last instance on track to be 59.9 or 59.8, not a dead 60 - that was causing tearing or micro stutters. Running uncapped, no restraints, its around 130fps.

Turn on Nvidia's adaptive vsync. And just like that, FPS is now a dead 60FPS (not 59.9 or .8) and all of the micro stutters and tearing are gone.

Trees, billboards, fence poles before would 're-scan' or tear at any speed, any number of cars.

Yeah, I have the exact same issue. Unfortunatelly for me, Nvidia doesn't allow adaptative vsync on my card (1050) and I even have to use Nvidia inspector to activate fast vsync; which improves the situation quite a lot, but I suspect not as good as adaptative vsync (might be a more advanced technology and maybe that's why I cant use it).

Hi P1ButtPlug.

Have you tried setting adaptive sync to 'Highest Possible Framerate' in your nVidia control panel? I was having all the same stuttering and tearing issues as you (GTX1070 on a 144hz 3840x1080 49" Samsung), but once I started running nVidia adaptive sync with that setting, all my stutters went away and I also often get FPS much higher than 60fps. As a bonus, when running lots of cars on track, even momentary drops of the framerate below 60fps sail by without being noticeable too.

Last edited:
Hi P1ButtPlug.

Have you tried setting adaptive sync to 'Highest Possible Framerate' in your nVidia control panel? I was having all the same stuttering and tearing issues as you (GTX1070 on a 144hz 3840x1080 49" Samsung), but once I started running nVidia adaptive sync with that setting, all my stutters went away and I also often get FPS much higher than 60fps. As a bonus, when running lots of cars on track, even momentary drops of the framerate below 60fps sail by without being noticeable too.

Haven't done that - dont see where to apply highest possible framerates into adaptive. Is it somewhere else?
thx
Untitled.png

Hmmmm. Can't remember now exactly how I managed to make that option available, but I think I first had to also switch adaptive sync on specifically for Assetto Corsa in the next tab, 'Program Settings'.... then it became another option in the main tab. I think!

EDIT: In the 'program settings' tab, it's actually the Content Manager .exe I've applied adaptive sync to, not the AC .exe.

Last edited:
Hi everybody! I've been a lurker here for a while and finally decided to make an account. You all really helped me get my roommate obsessed with this game with me.

Anyway, I can't seem to figure out how to make the data substitute/extra cars for the DRM mod off Legion's blog work. Any suggestions?

What is the track?

Updated Alfa Romeo 155 DTM 1995 (v0.7)

-fixed most of mistakes in the model
-LODs added
-BoP is between eboo's Calibra and TJ's Mercedes (tested only at Hockenheimring). To be honest, I'm not really an expert for physics but I think it's alright :boggled::lol:
-At the moment, there are only 2 skins, however it is partly compatible with skins for the Kunos' one (but need to be altered to fit the bodykit)
-CSP support (Hood deforming and exhaust glow)

wEL0Lmg.jpg

gtFEnvN.jpg

Opinions? Critics? What else can I improve? Any help is appreciated! :)

OK spent a bit of time with this car now...
Firstly I drove it, nice feel, nice ride that picks up loads of bumps and in an experience (sim racing) which lacks the raw feel of being bashed about in car it sort of makes up for that which i like.
After that i went to check it on CM so as not to embarass myself with simply liking a car which has the kunos 155 physics set....
It doesn't...all good...

But i couldn't help thinkjing it reminds me of something...then it hit me....
It shares the exact same set up as the DTM Calibra, sop i assume its actually the DTM Calibra but the BOP'd one by legion....which look is cool, the model is great and it works well.
Not knocking it at all, but it is physics from another mod just so folks know.

Really like it great addition to the alfa stable.

@xezez did that with Cm in nvidia control panel, no luck. I think you have g-sync..
The video showed two tiny hiccups I posted, one small change in Nvidia control panel and now (with adaptive - no limit frames, vsync off in CM) 24+ cars, pure butter. When you can can run everything maxed (world detail etc in AC) you can drop down one setting from quality to performance (not high performance) in the the nvidia panel and nothing visually changes.

100% tearing, stuttering free. glad this annoyance is snuffed.
Hope someone else sees this down the road. thx for the help.

@P1ButtPlug : I finally worked out how I got that extra 'use highest framerate possible' setting.

Although my monitor isn't nVidia G-Sync compatible (and is officially listed as unsupported by nVidia), it is AMD Freesync compatible, so.... it has a setting hidden in the menus to turn that on and then nVidia Adaptive Sync sees that somehow and converts it, then the extra option shows up in the control panel.

Last edited:
Guys, has anyone met APP FPS Counter?
Built-in too big, a lot of unnecessary information. In the steam, overlays and counter are enabled, but the counter is not displayed. I would like to put APP and bring out small digitals, but I can 't find. On racedeparte found only a theme in which a person asks the same... https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/fps-counter-app.129342/#post-2356809

Has no one made such a simple and necessary application?

I'm using the Steam FPS counter on my triple screen setup. Very small in the left upper corner of the left screen. It only shows the actual FPS, but in CM you can get the average too (not while driving).

FPS.png
left.png

Guys, has anyone met APP FPS Counter?
Built-in too big, a lot of unnecessary information. In the steam, overlays and counter are enabled, but the counter is not displayed. I would like to put APP and bring out small digitals, but I can 't find. On racedeparte found only a theme in which a person asks the same... https://www.racedepartment.com/threads/fps-counter-app.129342/#post-2356809

I use NVIDIA's FPS indicator. It's big, visible and simple.
upload_2019-10-11_16-56-30.png

fps-png.856881

That 's exactly what I want. But for some reason Steam doesn 't show me...

Steam settings > in game untick the box (second from above) use Big Picture Overlay for controller (or something like that).
Then the counter will show.

What track is that? & where to find it?

That is Gilles75 Tokyo with some tweaks (someone here is working on it and will publish later).

When you can can run everything maxed (world detail etc in AC) you can drop down one setting from quality to performance (not high performance) in the the nvidia panel and nothing visually changes.

Not sure what you mean by this, which setting in nvidia panel are you refering to?

I also use nvidia adaptive and vsync/framelimit off in CM without any tearing issues. But since day one back in 2013 I've had occasional hicups, small moments of lag/hitching in AC, often mid corner. Happens most often in replays, but when I rewind and play through that part again it will run perfectly smooth . . . very annoying.

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.

Latest Posts

Back