Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,921 comments
I wonder how and why your Vette has an author and class, my screen on the last page doesn't have it.
Gonna delete it all and reinstall again in CM. Odd....
Wait, don't delete! I added them manually. Sorry if it wasn't clear.
I wish authors added it though.

Thank you for your work! Maybe you missed EDIT added line in my post - the Nissan DPI is affected, too:) Missing data in the folder!:)
Had the same problem with the nissan, no data available. Has it been fixed yet? Or everyone is having this problem?

Does anybody know a way to remove these fixed number panels from the Rollovers C7R?

BSB8W34qTiW1ZxppM3q_jw.png

Regarding the discussion a few pages back about a "good mods" catalogue, being an OCD with FOMO (Fear of Missing Out), I would love to see one definitive list or database myself. However, I do not think it will ever possible to create a definite list without including every single mod ever created, and then we are back to square one because you will have to test each mod yourself.

Everyone has different standards as to what a good mod is. A lot of people don't even have experience driving any of these cars on track for real and only go based on numbers (which we know doesn't translate 1:1 to AC physics engine in many cases). Also even if there are good mods people might not want to share them freely (e.g. private fb groups, paid only mods, private commissions, etc). And even if it's a good AND free mod, there's some who just simply do not care about particular cars/tracks. Heck I don't even use Sol and people will say it's the best mod for AC out there :lol:

Generally the modding community nowadays are also quite different from the heydays of ISImotor. Now I feel people are a lot more opinionated, there are lots of "cliques" with members only exclusive stuff, not to mention copyright strikes. The younger generation also prefer quantity more over quality. It's real messy. I only started dabbling in mods in rFactor around 2014 so I missed the golden years, but by that point all the bad mods were already forgotten and only the good mods stay up. Even then the best database website (rfactorcentral) has gone kaput and I have to hunt on various sites to get all the things I want. In the end I gave up on cars and just focused on collecting tracks from tt.servegame (which is still up until today amazingly). My rF1 install now has almost 600 tracks from around the world, but only 10 or so cars :lol: Now 10 years from now someone might collate something similar with AC, but I doubt it because there are a lot more sim options on the table and you know people will move on immediately to the next one when it comes out. I mean even RD might not survive that long (I hope not, but you never know with anything on the internet). The only sim with good consolidated database that I know is GPL with gpltd, but that game was a lot smaller in scope than AC so you can't really compare.

With AC I started following this thread around 2016, but pace was still slow back then. 2017 things started to pick up and 2018 was when this thread started ballooning like crazy. On average it takes me 2 hours per week to scour through all the new stuff here, another hour to unpack everything (checking for duplicate mods etc), and another hour to test cars & tracks. And by test I mean only drive one lap for each car and track :crazy: If I have a good feeling, I keep it. If not, delete. But with the pace of stuff coming out I end up never ever driving any of these cars again. My AC cars folder now has 1000 files, and the track folder 170 ish, but you can say I might as well only have 10 cars and tracks because the rest I never use anyway, so what's the point of all that? I still love cars though and the fun I get is from discovering and testing cars. If from the start I was given a database of 1000 good mods, I would probably end up not driving any of them because it would be too overwhelming. So even though I have spent an inordinate amount of time testing and culling mods, and sometimes I wish things are easier, the alternative is I would probably not have driven anything :lol:

So you see, I think that with modding the journey is more important than the destination. Nobody can collect all mods, or even all "good" mods because such a thing don't exist. Best advice I can give newcomers is to just watch this thread, watch RD, bookmark good modding sites and authors that you like and take it from there. Just take each day as a surprise and don't go chasing to have the "complete" list. The joy is from driving the cars, not having 10TB of unused files and pixels on your HDD :) 👍

It's up to version 9.9.x now.

Well can you post it then?
I only posted that version because CM see's that version of the track for VAO's.

edit
Well this is a newer version but it sounds like not to post. I'll remove the other link now until I'm told its cool.
Screenshot-rollovers-m8-gte-imsa-bilsterberg-12-10-119-0-51-21.jpg

Screenshot-rollovers-m8-gte-imsa-bilsterberg-12-10-119-0-51-53.jpg

Last edited:
Is there a reason why this car is private at all?

My thought exactly. I don't believe, for one minute that nobody in the Assetto Corsa modding community does not have that particular car.

As far as I know there is the AssettoGarage version and The Rollovers version, The Rollovers version being the one that @TCRluca said that The Rollovers would not be releasing, due to respect for Kunos, or something like that.

@Fanapryde you can try one of my my apps if you want to: BLM Fps

blm-fps-comp.png

it gives you actual, min, max and avg fps (with graph too if you want to). you can set the size in the CM app settings

Well, I was happy with my tiny Steam fps counter, but this one is obviously more helpful in some cases. It looks good and is not obstructive either + you can place it wherever on the screen(s) you like it to be (even on triples).
I don't really know how I missed that before...
Thanks ;)

St. Petersburg Indy Track (0.5) by ZOSO666.
Found it on facebook, looks nice, but it's only a 0.5 version.

Thanks from a non FB'er :D
I got the track in rF2. It's pretty similar, but while not too bad overall, I need sunglasses when driving on the Start-finish straight. It's probably supposed to look like concrete, but it looks more like covered under a layer of snow. The asphalt on the rest of the track looks OK.

Edit: that was the first impression.
- There are no pits
- no pit lane ai
So only suited for hotlapping atm.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back