Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,902 comments
Sorry I’m stupid but I looked on the blog indicated but of these cars I did not find any trace, I would invite the one who did the post to put the link where he found them , Because I’m either having major vision problems or something’s wrong.
The links belong to the owner of the site. I have great respect for the work of these people and will not publish any links anywhere. Sorry!

Fixed now with an update, see Ilja's message 10:45pm GMT last night
https://discordapp.com/channels/453595061788344330/453595062299918337
the latest CSP appears to have broken the tyre compound coloured band feature

C1 hard = white
C2 med = yellow
C3 soft = red
C4 SS = plum/mauve
C5 ultra soft = pink

Shame as I rely on it for the RSS 2019 F1 hybrid as a quick visual reference - anyone know how to solve his, without winding back CSP.... tia

So wound back to shaders 0.1.3.0 and it fixed the problem.... 1.3.1 onwards breaks it.

Last edited:
Sorry I’m stupid but I looked on the blog indicated but of these cars I did not find any trace, I would invite the one who did the post to put the link where he found them , Because I’m either having major vision problems or something’s wrong.
You need new glasses mate :lol::lol:

Cool. Nice idea!

An animated parachute, not able to do that myself yet, I wonder if it would give a capable member here the horn?

we have a hard time just animating a flag waving in the wind right now, i really dont think a parachute is possible. since it will act different at 300mph compared to like 70 and the deployment and stuff would be just too much from AC i bet. i animated the wing that i made into the parachute. but you can only see it with "wings" turned on in custom showroom and then clicking wing1 animation. you just see the wing flip up to 90 degrees.

So this is the car im working on turning into a dragster, i chose this one since it wont wheelie. so far it has a 600 shot of NOS (kers) only button activated. and then i made a parachute separate that sits behind the car and does nothing untill DRS is pushed flipping it up 90 degrees. and i was making it a Top alcohol car, with 3500-4000hp instead of top fueler numbers. the hardest thing is getting the Rear tire right and im still working on that. pulling the parachute cant be used in combo with the brakes, its one or the other since brakes deactivate DRS, and i didnt wanna attach the parachute to the brake pedal since it doesn't feel as cool as pressing a button for it. plus the parachute does 4x more braking at 300mph than the brakes even can so it alone feels fine.

if anyone has any better ideas for anything please let me know, like even if you have a better car model in mind. i want it to be dragster like though, long and slim, not a boxy muscle car for this first one

upload_2019-12-10_10-30-47.png

These early-version reverse layouts are worth a look. Purists may scoff about run-off areas and sawtooth kerbs but these are so different they feel like brand new tracks. Laguna Seca is fantastic with the reverse corkscrew, and ditto Spa with Eau Rouge.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/reverse-layouts.30000/
right when i think i know every millimeter of nurburgring, you throw a curve ball at me. well im going to learn that reverse boi layout, that way i can mean it when i say i know that track forwards and back

These early-version reverse layouts are worth a look. Purists may scoff about run-off areas and sawtooth kerbs but these are so different they feel like brand new tracks. Laguna Seca is fantastic with the reverse corkscrew, and ditto Spa with Eau Rouge.
https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/reverse-layouts.30000/

This is awesome. People just keep on finding amazing ways to keep AC interesting after so many years. And thanks for linking Brands and Barcelona Reverse in your RD post as I'd have missed those. Brands Hatch in reverse is gonna be fun.

There's always a weird 'pulsing' effect with Cam Tool replays, most noticeable with lateral views. The camera doesn't move smoothly, it speeds up and slows down when panning like a beating heart, which makes it look like the cars are slowing down and speeding up, hence the 'pulsing' effect. Very odd.

I think they are trying to mimic the human camera operator and their human failings, its a bit over done but a human for the most part is trying to keep up with the action on track and i have seen it look like that.

I'm glad that people find ways to make AC even more interesting.
I'm on the "purist" side though. I don't feel the need driving real race tracks in the other direction (unless it's also an option IRL). Very few tracks would pass safety control.
On the other hand, I have no problems using a reverse mode on fictional non race tracks. When it feels / looks better, I'll gladly use the other direction. In all cases I remove the other layouts.
With (only) 260'ish tracks installed, it's hard enough to be consistently fast on the normal layouts.
Raidillion downhill is probably amazing (did that IRL with MTB, which was a lot easier than uphill) but imo for car racing only uphill is possible. It's dangerous enough as it is...

I'm on the "purist" side though. I don't feel the need driving real race tracks in the other direction (unless it's also an option IRL). Very few tracks would pass safety control.
On the other hand, I have no problems using a reverse mode on fictional non race tracks. When it feels / looks better, I'll gladly use the other direction. In all cases I remove the other layouts.
With (only) 260'ish tracks installed, it's hard enough to be consistently fast on the normal layouts.
Raidillion downhill is probably amazing (did that IRL with MTB, which was a lot easier than uphill) but imo for car racing only uphill is possible. It's dangerous enough as it is...

That's another thing that's good about AC - there's something for everyone whether you're a purist or just want to drive tracks (fictional, reverse or IRL) that you wouldn't be able to in RL :)

You rode an MTB round Spa? How did that come about? My friend once rode a bike round Brands Hatch for some charity thing when he was 13 and it took him about half an hour to do one lap, mind you he was on a bmx i think. He said the worst part was going up Hailwoods Hill :lol:

Aren't you even a little bit curious though, just to try them only once? Sim racing gives you that opportunity with zero investment, no risk to personal harm, no marshals to be persuaded, no track to be hired. It seems almost churlish not to..! ;)
Personally I'm loving them. They feel so different to the normal layouts, it's incredible. Weirdly, Monza also feels a lot narrower somehow. And all of the ones I've tried absolutely work as racing circuits. There are no bizarre corner sequences or broken sections. They're just fun.
Treat them as new fantasy tracks, perhaps?

I think you will have to rename the .kn5 file. If it says "whatever.kn5" cant' be found, you need to rename it to that.
Thanks for your help. That's what it was. It was confusing to see without coffee first. All those DPi letters and numbers.
mazda_dpi_rt24-p/rt24_p.kn5 <--- looked foreign for a minute.

You rode an MTB round Spa? How did that come about?
On two occasions. First time was two days before the Spa 24hrs (many years ago) when the track was cleared for a couple of hours for the teams to walk or bike the track.
The second time was a few years later when a small part of the track was included in a MTB tour. This time only in one direction: UPHILL... I can tell you: Raidillon is steep :eek:

Aren't you even a little bit curious though, just to try them only once? Sim racing gives you that opportunity with zero investment, no risk to personal harm, no marshals to be persuaded, no track to be hired. It seems almost churlish not to..! ;)
Personally I'm loving them. They feel so different to the normal layouts, it's incredible. Weirdly, Monza also feels a lot narrower somehow. And all of the ones I've tried absolutely work as racing circuits. There are no bizarre corner sequences or broken sections. They're just fun.
Treat them as new fantasy tracks, perhaps?
I had to look up "churlish" first :D
Don't get me wrong here, I fully understand that people like these reversed or even mirrored layouts, it's just not my thing. I once drove Nordschleife counter clockwise and that was more than enough for me.

it looks like second pair of wheels are not rolling
They should be. They do here.
The wheel textures use the blurred texture because the 5/6th wheels are not recognised by AC as wheels so the blurred texture doesn't kick in.
Just tell yourself that the car has scraped the walls.

There's a really nice update to the 488 Pista by ZARI Team on Assettoland here:

It's a fantastic car ...but the exhaust flames (as is often the case) suck greasy goat balls, and can offend a gentleman's eyes when behind a pack of them in spec races. The default flames appear too frequently, they last too long, they're too big and they look like pink flowers that are slowly rotating. Take a look if you don't believe me.

Anyway, I did a set of Gran Turismo-style 'quick pop' flames for this car that you might prefer, little explosive flashes rather than flamethrowers. They seem far more appropriate to me.

https://anonfiles.com/36NeF2Efn3/ferrari_488_pista_mascot_flames_7z

Unzip the file and drop the 'texture' folder and data.acd into the car folder, and overwrite when asked. Let me know what you think.

Woe is me , someone has usurped my very reason being here. ;)

The kings of the post Assetto Corsa modding period faced many challenges during their reign. These challenges include, but are not limited to, outbreaks of war, economic problems, finding a balance between religion and state, mixing cultures, and keeping the notion of hierarchy among the nobles and peasants.

It's a fantastic car ...but the exhaust flames (as is often the case) suck greasy goat balls, and can offend a gentleman's eyes when behind a pack of them in spec races. The default flames appear too frequently, they last too long, they're too big and they look like pink flowers that are slowly rotating. Take a look if you don't believe me.

Anyway, I did a set of Gran Turismo-style 'quick pop' flames for this car that you might prefer, little explosive flashes rather than flamethrowers. They seem far more appropriate to me.

Unzip the file and drop the 'texture' folder and data.acd into the car folder, and overwrite when asked. Let me know what you think.

Works well for me and looks beautiful, thank you.

hey are the physics on that pista better than forfuls version? his felt a little off to me, it felt amazing but a little off and i cant put my finger on why. perhaps the tire? im rly not sure

hey are the physics on that pista better than forfuls version? his felt a little off to me, it felt amazing but a little off and i cant put my finger on why. perhaps the tire? im rly not sure
I sold my Pista a few months ago so have to go from memory, but these feel good to me. ;)
Forceful's model was a little basic, wasn't it? Paper-thin A-pillars etc., as I recall. Unless he updated it later. This one looks gorgeous too. I *think* it was originally by ACR.

Last edited:
Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back