Assetto Corsa PC Mods General DiscussionPC 

• Thread starter daan
  • 136,900 comments
Screenshot_asr_1993_mclaren_mp4-8_monaco_2017_8-3-120-0-30-1.jpg

I wanna get rid of this dark smoke whem braking, how do I do that in CM? Latest CSP and Sol...

Ignore the crappy pic but oh my god those clouds. @Masscot and anyone else update your SOL to this one if you want the new 3d clouds. http://www.mediafire.com/file/luq6kxajbnl7zje/Sol_1.5_alpha_15.7z/file (Reset to default in the sol config app and if you need some settings let me know) They make the sky look amazing.

There's an even more recent version:

Sol 1.5 beta 1
please reset to defaults on last page of Sol_config app
http://www.mediafire.com/file/05q3knv3u4lcj1g/Sol_1.5_beta_1.7z/file https://www.dropbox.com/s/0zl63ahluckogov/Sol 1.5 beta 1.7z?dl=0

Last edited:
I only really use 'Windy' as in think it looks much better that all the rest. It's got enough inherent variety that it never needs changing - blue sky, light clouds, dark clouds. All in one.

I usually stick it on few or scattered but I'll give Windy Miller a go. Mind you I have messed with my sol config so not sure I'd get the same effects as you.

@P1ButtPlug, the groove at new Sonama has been flagged on the Vintage discord as being very high off the track in places, kind of making the car look like it's driving through deep water. Do you think Fuzo might be able to update it (and maybe fix the kerbs and white lines, and floating man too)?
I'll probably do a vintage billboard skin for it - I'd forgotten what a great track it was.

Hey all,

I'm uploading on My Mega my racepack finally haha.
In 2 parts,
Classic 60-80 1.6gb
Modern 90-2010 650mo

SP1 for both, but more could come such as some Group C or anithing like that or more skins

Those are totally add-on cars, they have no connexion to other cars,it doesn't overwrites physics of things like that.
Some cars are in wip so it wan be a little bit bugged.

Here are the link:
https://mega.nz/#!KdJAACoY!qDoPU5RussMjA86pB8_pcs5YOEbHiiDCJ05UxSYXdlg

https://mega.nz/#!XBAAAAyZ!qzF-aTn9_Aj-Yn0zeV50U6ar72QM4VusFiFPwoYAbsI

Great collection, esp. the Classics! thanks so much!

@The7thSense I didn't spot these weird cockpit geometry artifacts with your update. Any ideas?

View attachment 897624

There's apparently no easy fix for this so just copy (and rename accordingly) the kn5 from the original car, set the RHS mirror with BLM car and use the FLIP=1 trick to fix the RHS wing mirror as previously described. The windscreen glass is then fine and there are no weird geometry stretches in the cockpit.

Thanks guys it's great to have postive feedbacks!
More to come:

The Alfa Romeo Stradale alternative Version:
https://mega.nz/#!DJgH2ajT!p0ImRnfeXnfBLsi1TCvjkYnpg2Z66FsSlaTRHwx784E

__custom_showroom_1583628945.png

I have tweaked the physics to match the Kunos version and having a good base.
Redid 4 skins to match again with the reality, according to pictures

Lot of material reworking, including addition of normal Map, Shadow Map
New Lights and working lightsbrake lights, new driver to have the Kunos 60's one.

It's quite comparable to the kunos one ingame.
I have included in it a template much more easy to use.
It's not a big deal but always enjoyable to have some nice eye looking cars

Have fun!

Any comments are welcome, as well any improvments if you post for all
If you have any idea for futur cars to update I'm welcome

Last edited:
OK, just caught up on this whole DC++ thing. As with most people here would agree, what a BS way of sharing mods. You might as well keep your stuff to yourself. We've gone from paid mods, to closed FB groups, to membership tiers, encrypted cars and now you have to download a whole new program AND share 300MB worth of files just to download stuff? Get outta here.

While MEGA or MediaFire would be ideal, it's unfair to say DC++ is sketchy. It's actually a pretty old protocol, pre-dating even BitTorrent if I recall. I used to run a DC++ server many many moons ago (early 2000's). It's just not that common. It wasn't back then, and is even less common today. But the client is open source and most certainly not sketchy. It's an inconvenience at it's worst. Just clearing the air, that's all ;)

The set up process itself isn't that complicated actually. Even a n00b like me who can't figure out how to install Sol got it up and running in 5 minutes. The 300MB share requirement is the sticking point and I can't imagine why they did it tbh. It's not like there's any monetary benefit, and there are no restrictions to what files you can share. I could literally just share back ACF's old tracks, none would be the wiser, and I'm still not going to be contributing to anything in the server.

And that's just the best case scenario. Who knows if someone decides to share some renamed malicious file on there, someone downloads it thinking it's a mod and it corrupts their whole system?

What is this Tripp Team?

He used to host a website for all rFactor mods at http://tt.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/

In the last few months it's been offline so I guess DC++ is where all that stuff lives now. Shame AC Fanboy decides to join his route.

Offtopic:
Anyone sure why @Apexxer delete all content, history and posts from entire site today? I look through history and it look like he delete entire exsistance from site in early hours? I hope he not choose to leave site!

Threat from mods/copyright maybe? A lot of his reworked cars were from RTM/Simdream. Not sure why he can't just take down the links tho if that's the case.

Seems like we lose more and more of the good guys everyday, and on the inverse we get more and more antics like the above DC++.

Sorry for the ranty post. Not a good week for AC modding scene.

Last edited:
.....and now you have to download a whole new program AND share 300MB worth of files just to download stuff? Get outta here.

He used to host a website for all rFactor mods at http://tt.servegame.com:100/RFACTOR1/
In the last few months it's been offline so I guess DC++ is where all that stuff lives now. Shame AC Fanboy decides to join his route.

What a royal joke, I aint touchin it. All that and the mods are probably pure garbage, the irony. Have fun living in your bubble :lol:

And if you have a potato it can turn it into mashed.

I keep a folder for tracks that are too heavy for my current 9 year old system, and it's called 'Potato Masher' so I know not to install them :lol:

Haven't noticed a huge frame loss - even with my potato :D

Guess your potato is still better than mine. Sol is a no-go at all for me. Hell, even when I need to take screenshots, I have to save a replay to reload later after enabling PP, and then it's a slideshow just to get a few shots. It's a PITA, but I guess ya do what ya gotta do :boggled:

I keep a folder for tracks that are too heavy for my current 9 year old system, and it's called 'Potato Masher' so I know not to install them :lol:

Guess your potato is still better than mine. Sol is a no-go at all for me. Hell, even when I need to take screenshots, I have to save a replay to reload later after enabling PP, and then it's a slideshow just to get a few shots. It's a PITA, but I guess ya do what ya gotta do :boggled:

Boo has said in the past his pc barely keeps up, yet this somehow doesn't effect his. :D But it was only said after I mentioned mashed potato's of course :D
What kind of settings and GPU/CPU you got that this doesn't effect anything? Or 'barely'

But Sol 1.5 is a beauty

Boo has said in the past his pc barely keeps up, yet this somehow doesn't effect his. :D But it was only said after I mentioned mashed potato's of course :D
What kind of settings and GPU/CPU you got that this doesn't effect anything? Or 'barely'

But Sol 1.5 is a beauty

Believe me, I wish I could use Sol. Haven't tried 1.5, but on 1.4 my FPS drops into the teens, or low twenties if I'm lucky. PP at all is pretty much a no-go for me. I'm just lucky to be able to play at all, to be honest :D

Sharing a mod? Host it on GTPlanet Downloads. Free, public hosting for files up to 10GB in size.
Back